What if the Brony fan base never existed?

Started by Book Smarts, 2012 Jun 09, 13:09:07

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Book Smarts

Think of it as an alternate reality...

What if the internet never found out about Friendship is Magic and the fanbase never took off,

How do you think this would've effected the second season?

Lary

Spoiler: show
The world would be a better place.

[spoiler]Seriously.
[/spoiler]
Could've been something great. But ya' blew it... Ya' blew it.

Night Pony

MLP:FIM doesn't air at my county so I won't know about it.My life will continue as normal,usually obsessing over other things like games or animes.

I want to thank all of the artist that have drawn my OCs.
Night Shine and Moon Violet

Xeno Aura

2012 Jun 09, 13:27:56 #4 Last Edit: 2012 Jun 09, 13:31:01 by Xeno Aura
Well LoE wouldn't exist for a start. :D

EDIT: MLP airs here in the UK, but you have to pay to get the channel it airs on I believe.

I only heard about MLP via various references to it and YouTube videos on the internet.

Zygrograxgra

Eh...
Sites like EQD wouldn't exist (Something I find would be good. Thinking about that site makes me rather mad.)
However, some of the best works of art I've seen wouldn't exist.
It's a so-so thing I guess.

Titanium Mushrooms
Are you happy yet?!

Itty Bit

Well, it would have its ups ad downs.
Personally, I'd still love the cartoon. Heck, I got into the show before I knew there even was a brony community.
However, I'd probably still be a major internet lurker, never really making any friends online like I have been now. I'd probably still be a big ol' doormat too, like I used to be before I met you guys.

Ozzy

Having not watched season 2, I don't know it would effect the show itself, however on a personal level, I think my life would be pretty similar as it is now, only my leisure time would be replaced with somthing else, the big part of this fandom that would be vastly different would be the people I have met over the internet in recent times

I'd also imagine my sleeping/emotional state/education would be atleast somewhat less derailed than what it is now

Crystal Chaos

I would be even more lonely with nothing to hold onto in life.

GalvinRoe

I certainly would NOT have a whole bunch of new pony songs  lol!

lurk852

Quote from: Itty Bit on 2012 Jun 09, 17:05:46
Personally, I'd still love the cartoon.

Perhaps not for long... I don't know all the relevant statistics, but I'd guess that without the bronies, the show would be much less commercially successful, and thus less likely to continue for a long time.
"The passions are, and ought only to be the slave of reason." - David Hume

The Wandering Magus

I'd watch it like I watch shoujo anime.  I have an obsession over stuff like that anyways, Shugo Chara being my most recent one.

But probably wouldn't have many friends, stuck doing nothing in particular, some art on the side, roleplaying on thefantasyforum.com and stuff like that.
(sorry Bakasan, chose this image)
Descriptions and art of my OCs here: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=2636
my art: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=298
visiting soldier sister, be back 8/12/2013

Mr.Darkling

Quote from: Lary on 2012 Jun 09, 13:12:18

MY world, would likely be much more duller.
"Man is a make-believe animal, he is never so truly himself as when he is acting the part"

The Wandering Magus

probably wouldn't have pulled out of depression as fast.
(sorry Bakasan, chose this image)
Descriptions and art of my OCs here: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=2636
my art: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=298
visiting soldier sister, be back 8/12/2013

Xeno Aura

Yup, MLP certainly cheers me up, and I wouldn't have ever watched it if there hadn't been a ton of random MLP stuff on the net nagging me to watch it. :)

Lary

Quote from: lurk852 on 2012 Jun 09, 18:46:56

Perhaps not for long... I don't know all the relevant statistics, but I'd guess that without the bronies, the show would be much less commercially successful, and thus less likely to continue for a long time.

Better to die strong than to live in vain.
Could've been something great. But ya' blew it... Ya' blew it.

Azure Dusk

Crystal Chaos

Might have actually committed suicide...  :'(

Ozzy

Quote from: Lary on 2012 Jun 09, 13:12:18

[spoiler]Seriously.
[/spoiler]

So..you think our community is bad...yet you have the most time online here..seems legit

Go Up