Private RP: Rhilin's world. (No Jump-Ins!)

Started by Night Pony, 2013 Oct 23, 15:41:29

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Night Pony

2013 Oct 23, 15:41:29 Last Edit: 2013 Oct 31, 12:36:09 by Night Pony
This is a private RP between Blaze and me. No jump-ins allowed.

In a world dominated mostly by monsters, every sentient life lives in cities or villages surrounded by high walls and big gates. Inside them everyone lives at peace and enjoys their day to day lives. The monsters though do not leave these settlements alone and often attack the walls in hopes to breach them. They are prevented by specially trained individuals that keep everyone safe behind the walls. These warriors are trained by entering specialized schools in each city by their own will.

Program:
Spoiler: Rhilin's classes • show
[quote=Rhilin's classes]
Monday:
1. Magic casting and incantations. - Lecture
2. Magic casting and incantations. - Lecture
3. Two handed weapon training. - Lecture
4. Two handed weapon training. - Lecture
5. Survival outside the walls. - Lecture
6. Survival outside the walls. - Lecture

Tuesday:
1. Creature classes and biology. - Lecture
2. Creature classes and biology. - Lecture
3. Basic defence strategies. - Lecture
4. Basic defence strategies. - Lecture
5. Two handed weapon training. - Lecture
6. Two handed weapon training. - Lecture

Wednesday:
1. Two handed weapon training. - Lecture
2. Two handed weapon training. - Lecture
3. Physical training.
4. Physical training.
5. Magic casting and incantations. - Lecture.
6. Magic casting and incantations. - Lecture.

Thursday:
1-6. Two handed weapon training. - field training.

Friday:
1-6. Magic casting and incantations - field training.[/quote]

Spoiler: Akkeiyo's classes • show
[quote=Akkeiyo's classes]
1. Magic casting and incantations. - Lecture
2. Magic casting and incantations. - Lecture
3. Hand to hand combat. - Lecture
4. Hand to hand combat. - Lecture
5. Survival outside the walls. - Lecture
6. Survival outside the walls. - Lecture

Tuesday:
1. Creature classes and biology. - Lecture
2. Creature classes and biology. - Lecture
3. Basic defence strategies. - Lecture
4. Basic defence strategies. - Lecture
5. Hand to hand combat. - Lecture
6. Hand to hand combat. - Lecture

Wednesday:
1. Hand to hand combat. - Lecture
2. Hand to hand combat. - Lecture
3. Physical training.
4. Physical training.
5. Magic casting and incantations. - Lecture.
6. Magic casting and incantations. - Lecture.

Thursday:
1-6. Hand to hand combat.  - field training.

Friday:
1-6. Magic casting and incantations - field training.[/quote]

I want to thank all of the artist that have drawn my OCs.
Night Shine and Moon Violet

Blaze

After thinking long and hard about this, I think I'm going to choose Akkei since she'd probably fit in better in a city full of people!  lol

Name: Akkeiyo
Species: human
Appearance: slim ginger with icy blue eyes (I'll post that picture I showed you before when it's colored! It'll be better if you can see her outfit instead of me describing it!)
Personality: short tempered, sly, independent, egotistic, yet loyal
Dislikes: dogs
Bio: No one around town seems to know much about her. She usually keeps to herself and tries to avoid much conversation with other citizens. She is has recently enrolled in the academy and is eagerly awaiting her first day.

I tried to make it short and to the point! I apologize that it took so long! My computer died!  X3

Night Pony

2013 Oct 23, 16:25:17 #2 Last Edit: 2013 Oct 23, 16:32:56 by Night Pony
No problem. lol But anyway you could've just worked everything in a RP post. Also usually when speaking out of character people use double brackets (( )). But Don't worry about it.  ^-^

Rhilin woke up and got up. Today was the day! Today was the first school day of the academy. Her dream of fighting the creatures from outside is on it's way to become a reality. Rhilin was a young girl in her early twenties with short white hair and blue eyes. She made her mourning routine in the bathroom and got dressed with a blue and white dress, blue hooded cloak and white tights. Rhilin then took her scythe which she mainly kept in her room. She finally checked if she got everything and went to the door. Rhilin put on her blue and white boots.
"I'm going!" she said to her family and exited the house.

Blaze

((Oops! You're right! I'll remember that for next time!  lol))

Akkeiyo stood in front of the gigantic building before her. She had a satchel hanging from her shoulder and an ambitious smile crept onto her face. She scanned the architecture from top to bottom. She thought to herself:
So this is where I'll be spending my next few years? Heh, it's not too shabby. Maybe I'll actually enjoy my time here.

Night Pony

((Yeah details on building will be sketchy. lol))

Suddenly someone bumped into Akkeiyo from behind. It was Rhilin with her scythe on her back and a paper in hand that appears to be a map and information about the school.
"Sorry. I wasn't looking where I was going."

Blaze

Akkeiyo stumbles forward. Once she regained her balance, she gave a malicious glare at the girl behind her.
"You should have been!" Akkeiyo growled. Her anger subsided when she spotted the papers in the girl's hands. Akkeiyo turned to face the girl.
"What are those?" she bluntly asked, pointing to the papers with her arms crossed.

Night Pony

"Geez, I said I was sorry." :l Rhilin said quietly.
"This is a map and some information for the academy but I don't think you're interested in it."

Blaze

Akkeiyo grimaced. Where they giving those out or something...? She couldn't remember ever getting one. So that's what she forgot to get before the first day... Akkeiyo swore under her breath.
She regained her composure, "I... guess you're in luck then! Lead me around the school and I might forgive you." She gave a fake, sly smile as sweat rolled down her face.

Night Pony

"I'm not that desperate for your forgiveness. Now if you excuse me I don't wan to be late for my first day." Rhil said and passed Akkeiyo and headed towards the school.

Blaze

Akkeiyo became infuriated. She would let it slide for now but she would have to remember to get back at the nameless girl for her ignorant response.
She gave a huff of fury and made her way toward her classes.

Night Pony

2013 Oct 24, 07:44:30 #10 Last Edit: 2013 Oct 24, 16:33:44 by Night Pony
((I'm gonna go with the 'get your bearings around the school' first day rather than some which start classes immediately. lol))

The two weren't the only ones that were going to join the school. The new arrivals gathered in a big hall and waited for whatever they had planned. There weren't seats due to the many new students each year, half of which will undoubtedly be expelled when they start to fail their classes. Not long after the director of the school and his assistant stepped on stage and approached the mic.
"Hello and welcome to everyone." he started. "It's my pleasure to welcome you to the school of Nocte Fulgentes. One of the many schools dedicated in preparing the future protectors of our cities. As you may already know you will be able to choose part of your classes depending on your fighting style. Keep in mind though that there are also mandatory classes which you will see upon sign-up. Your classes start tomorrow at 8:00 AM so use the rest of the day to get yourself familiar with the school grounds. That is all so good luck to everyone with their classes." After that he and his assistant exited stage left.

Everyone started to exit and to head to the many sign-up desks that were now open outside the hall. The teachers  were handling out sheets for the students to fill up and a map with the available classes that you could choose from. Also it had listed the mandatory ones.
Rhilin grabbed both things since hers didn't had full list of the classes. The information sheet had a map of the school and the rooms were numbered in addition it showed the dorms and other facilities. The back of the list were the classes and in brackets it was written in what category they were. Rhilin leaned against a wall and started to view the classes.
QuoteNocte Fulgentes's classes:
1. Magic casting and incantations. (Optional)
2. Melee weapons training.
     - One handed weapons. (Optional)
     - Two handed weapons. (Optional)
     - Shield mastery. (Optional)
     - Hand to hand combat. (Optional)
3. Gun construction and maintenance. (Optional)
4. Magic weapons training. (Optional)
5. Survival outside the walls. (Mandatory)
6. Creature classes and biology. (Mandatory)
7. Basic defence strategies. (Mandatory)
8. Physical training. (Mandatory)

((I may add some later if I think of anything else also if it doesn't include your style of fighting just fill it and I'll just add the class.))

Rhilin didn't like when she had mandatory classes though most of them made sense. On the other hand she loathed gym because there the teacher made her do the dumbest and pointless things.
'I hope the mandatory ones aren't as bad as the ones in my previous school.' she thought. She then shuddered of the thought about math. Sure it wasn't hard but in the last years it got too hard way too fast.
She then looked at the sign up form. It was pretty basic that included personal information such as full name, DOB, gender and etc. It also included several free spaces for the optional classes in which it said in brackets that you must choose at least one.
Rhilin then did a quick search for a pen or a pencil but didn't found one. 'How could I forget a pen?' she sighed  and started walking towards one of the sign-ups.

Blaze

Akkeiyo reviewed the list of classes. The mandatory subjects sounded like they were going to be a cinch for her. The only trouble was would possibly be able to sit still and be quiet while the teachers lecture on about the topic. The "Magic Casting and Incantations" and "Hand to Hand Combat" classes would be more of her field out of the optional courses. She couldn't possibly picture herself swinging at an opponent with a weapon. The only thing that she had relative knowledge of how to handle was a dagger and that would be outright silly against any sort of enemy for that matter!

The ginger scooped out a pen from her satchel and scribbled down her information: Akkeiyo Hiteiru, June 21, female, and so on. She signed up for the mandatory and the two optional classes she chose. "There! I'm finished!" She looked at her completed sheet as if it were a work of art.

((By the way, is this a dorm or do the students go home at the end of the day?  :D))

Night Pony

((I am thinking that there are dorms for those who live far away. I'm indecisive if Rhilin should stay or not but if you want we can get them both into dorms. lol))

Rhilin managed to get a pen from one of the teachers. Between all the commotion of the sheet handling and the other students forgetting a pen, it was a miracle she found one. She quickly wrote her personal information and her classes which apart from the mandatory were "Magic casting and incantations" and "Two-handed weapons". After all she already had some practise handling her scythe. She double checked it for just in case and gave it to the teacher who then stamped it and written the number of the sheet.
"Come back later to see your classes for tomorrow and to get your number. And if you want a dorm you should go to them. There should be someone to sing you up for one." she said to Rhilin.
"Okay. Thanks!" she said and made her way out of the crowd and headed for the open school grounds.

((By number I mean that one unique number that you get so you are easier to find in the database. Also should there be teams like RWBY? lol))

Blaze

((It's totally up to you about the dorms! I feel like having teams would be really fun though! I'd give Akkei and Rhil more of a chance to interact! Plus, a little competition never hurt anyone!  B)))

Akkeiyo gave her completed slip to a teacher and made her way towards the courtyard. All of the students who have already signed up seemed to be gathering her to converse. She didn't know what compelled her feet to drag her here since she had no intention of making friends, but it occupied her at the least. She scanned the crowd of faces in order to get a good look at her prey.

Night Pony

((Okay. Teams are a go but probably they won't be permanent as RWBY's since well...optional classes. I'm gonna have Rhilin sign for a dorm because she lives on the other side of the city. lol))

Rhilin was walking between the masses of people. She wasn't very social so she stuck only to looking the different people and their weapons.

Blaze

((Indeed! They can be teams made for a single project or assignment!  :] I'll probably sign Akkei up for one too since she'd probably just sleep in a dumpster otherwise!  lol Also, Rhilin and Akkei are in the same place, right?))

Akkeiyo eavesdropped and watched from afar with her arms crossed as the other students conversed. After overhearing one particular exchange of words, she pretended to playfully smoosh the head of a boy that was showing off his supposedly expensive and powerful weapon to the small crowd of students around her. "What a chump," she scoffed. It was all in how you used the weapon, not the value of it. Even she knew that and she didn't even own one herself.
The fun of snooping around the student body quickly expired and she gave a sigh out of boredom. She recalled that she had to sign up for a dorm soon before the good rooms (and unfortunately roommates) were taken.

Night Pony

((Yup.  :]))

Rhilin was casually walking around and looking what the others had brought. Some were carrying heavy weapons like two handed battle axes or big swords. Some chose single handed swords or some maces. She even saw some magicians who demonstrated their magic and some fist weapons. Then all of the sudden she remembered that she needs to take a dorm if she doesn't want a long way to home. Rhilin then took out her map and hurriedly headed for the dorms.

Blaze

Akkeiyo carefully made her way around the school with a newly acquired map gripped in her hands. Reading maps wasn't really her forte but she was, luckily, successful in her endeavors to get to the female dorm sign ups. She peeked up from her map to see a blue figure just feet ahead of her in the hallway. Within no time at all, Akkeiyo remembered that blue clothed human. That was the girl from before! Sudden fury steamed from her as she gritted her teeth at the memory.
Then, a realization came to her. If she didn't get to the sign ups quick enough, she might be stuck with the one girl that she was on bad terms with! As a result, Akkeiyo decided to quicken her pace while, at the same time, trying not to attract attention.

Night Pony

((Her main colour is White or did you forget how you coloured her? lol))

Rhilin managed to sign-up for the dorms which turned out that she will be sharing with another girl.She got her key to a room and with a relief she turned around without paying too much attention to the crowd and opened her map again.
'My parents should be here soon. I only need to collect my luggage.' she then turned to the teacher who was holding the sign-ups. "When can we move in?"
"After receiving your key you are free to move in." she said.
"Okay. Thanks!" Rhil said and started to walk towards the exit.

Blaze

((Ooops! I was thinking about the blue colors that I added to her outfit today! Silly me!  lol))

Akkeiyo managed to avoid the girl as she made her way to the dorm sign ups. She quickly gave her information to the teacher as if it were a race. When the teacher informed her about getting a key, Akkeiyo gave a confused look.
"Don't I get to choose my roommate or something?"
"We assign roommates randomly. We do this as a way to get everybody familiar with one another."
Akkeiyo's mood fell and she swore under her breath. Then, she straightened back up again with a confident smile.
What are the odds that I would be stuck with that girl?
Akkeiyo chuckled a bit to herself in delight and then joyfully walked away from the sign ups.

Go Up