Old School Animation Appreciation Thread!

Started by thegrandfunkasaurus, 2012 Jul 17, 13:38:27

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

thegrandfunkasaurus

Yo! Since I'm in a retro mood today, I thought I'd make a thread celebrating the Golden Age of American animation. I'll start things off with a personal favorite:

Lary

Could've been something great. But ya' blew it... Ya' blew it.

thegrandfunkasaurus

Hehe, poor Bimbo. At least this time he gets something for his troubles. Here's another favorite, and possibly the best animated expressions of all time:

So good, I'm making it my signature.

Lary

Quote from: thegrandfunkasaurus on 2012 Jul 23, 16:06:01
Hehe, poor Bimbo. At least this time he gets something for his troubles. Here's another favorite, and possibly the best animated expressions of all time:
Spoiler: show

So good, I'm making it my signature.

I still stand by my word that that cartoon is the single best cartoon ever made. It even got a video game made on the DS.

A shame the "sequel" couldn't live up to it's standards.

Could've been something great. But ya' blew it... Ya' blew it.

Sea Foam

One of my favorite things to see in older cartoons are Rube Goldberg machines; one of those machines where one event leads to another, so on and so on. (Terrible explanation)

I looked online, but couldn't find much. Once you see it, you'll know what I mean if you don't already.

Just ignore everything else but the cartoon.

Images of broken light which dance before me like a million eyes;
they call me on and on across the universe.
Thank you, Durpy, for the banner!

Lord of Madness

I'm going to put just a little quick thing here I will put a vid on later because I can't with my IPHONE. What I love about them is ALL of the detail in it. You could always look into the background and find another story happening or just beauty in the scene.

BlackVortex

I will be gone until the pony drought is over... so find me on Feral Heart if you want me :P

Go Up