Dumb things that annoy you

Started by Zaner-Boy, 2012 Jun 01, 14:30:22

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2015 Feb 06, 15:50:50
I'm not sure if things have changed now, but 5 or so years ago the highest rating for video games in Australia was 14. Anything deemed inappropriate for a 14 year old was outright banned. It seemed Australia's government was stuck on the notion that video games are for kids, so if a game wasn't appropriate for kids it had no reason to exist.

I want to say the rating system got changed following the Left 4 Dead 2 controversy. There was a big to-do about that game being banned in Australia.

Explains why I once heard an Australian comment on Pop Rocks something to the nature of it being banned in Australia "like everything else that's fun."

Good reason not to move to Australia.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Midnight Breeze

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2015 Feb 06, 18:44:45
Good reason not to move to Australia.

Unfortunately, since Australia is currently the best country in the world on most every scale.

Sunshine Smash

I AM FUMING AT MY ENGLISH TEACHER!

I told her why I should get a grade on my paper, shooting down everything wrong with her policy, effectively rendering it completely useless.

Then she emails me back: "I guess we'll have to agree to disagree. Have a nice weekend."

You think I'm going to take that? I will get a grade on that paper! I have the capabilities!

Deep inside..... We're kindred spirits...... You..... And I......

EspiraPhoenix

The aroma of head lice treatment foam. :x It reeks like bug spray throughout the house, and wont go away for several hours; Air fresheners do nothing to stop it.

Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2015 Feb 06, 15:50:50
I'm not sure if things have changed now, but 5 or so years ago the highest rating for video games in Australia was 14. Anything deemed inappropriate for a 14 year old was outright banned. It seemed Australia's government was stuck on the notion that video games are for kids, so if a game wasn't appropriate for kids it had no reason to exist.

I want to say the rating system got changed following the Left 4 Dead 2 controversy. There was a big to-do about that game being banned in Australia.

The highest used to be MA15+ for games here in Australia, but as of January 2013, this country now has R18+. :)

Midnight Breeze

REALLY bad food trap between my uper left molars. Every night I have to floss the area several times before I stop getting food particles, especially meat. Hope that goes away soon.

Lync Volan

Quote from: Chromastone64 on 2015 Feb 06, 14:07:53
Where I am, we've been promised snow for about a month now.
It has snowed lightly, but NEVER settled.
This is why I don't trust weather reports.
i don't even watch the news i'm totally oblivious :s
besides i don't go out enough to care if it rains or not -.- 

Elphyda

When there's drauma going on that you're not involved with, but then someone who is decides to let their frustration out on you; thus ruining your otherwise good day.

Chack

I have had a really bad headache all day. And I'm always tired, now.
I think I almost threw up at work, too. I dunno if I was super-dehydrated or what, but I was really thirsty. That combined with my headache made me afraid of throwing up if I drank or ate anything. It has happened before a few years ago after I went swimming for an hour or two. I felt fine afterwards, but it's a very emotional event. I did not need that going on at work.
Wait for it...

Lync Volan

Quote from: Chack on 2015 Feb 07, 01:28:38
I have had a really bad headache all day. And I'm always tired, now.
I think I almost threw up at work, too. I dunno if I was super-dehydrated or what, but I was really thirsty. That combined with my headache made me afraid of throwing up if I drank or ate anything. It has happened before a few years ago after I went swimming for an hour or two. I felt fine afterwards, but it's a very emotional event. I did not need that going on at work.
that has happened to me in school and at home but when i use to go to school it was always at a certain time where it would start and the teacher would simply say i was lying to get out of doing whatever they were doing
but at home i get to put pressure on my head to ease the pain
the last time was early last year but my bones also hurt so i did not get out of the couch at all unless i really needed to

Chishio Kunrin

Someone on Tumblr is reposting other people's art that honors Monty Oum and not linking to the original source. They're reacting to criticism by saying that you can do a Google Image search for the art to find the source yourself and that they're just paying homage.

That doesn't fly with me. You know why?

You can't call that paying homage because Monty Oum HIMSELF... ALWAYS. AAAALWAYYYYYS. linked to the source.
There is an entire album on his Facebook page filled with fanart, and he linked to the source of every single one without fail.

That man adored fanworks and respected the people who made those fanworks. You do not disrespect an artist by STEALING their art and turn around and say you're paying homage to him. It's a slap in the face.

Art theft annoys me enough as it is in the first place. Artists of all kinds work hard. They deserve credit and recognition.
It does not matter if it's
a story
a poem
a drawing, whether traditional or digital
pixel art
a painting
a sculpture
a cosplay
an animation
a 3D model, regardless of whether or not it's textured or rigged
an AMV (or other edited fan-made video)
music/a song
etc and so forth.
All artists should be respected and credited.

Greyscaleisme

Noobs posting in an RP I'm in. They haven't been here long enough to get their OC cohesive enough for the RP, and it always throws things out of wack. I mean, the RP I'm in is very in depth, you can't just start posting random stuff and expect it to work. I have worked really hard on this RP to make it what it is, a fun, relaxed place to make friends and one that also has at least some semblance of a plot and story arc. But when new people come in without reading any of the past goings on, it makes things a lot harder for those of us that are regulars in the RP... I just wish they would some reading on the past events and locations so we don't have to use posts for OOC, because it disrupts the flow and makes it a lot less enjoyable.
'Cause sometimes to stay alive you gotta kill your mind.

Night Pony

Quote from: Greyscaleisme on 2015 Feb 07, 13:52:39
Noobs posting in an RP I'm in. They haven't been here long enough to get their OC cohesive enough for the RP, and it always throws things out of wack. I mean, the RP I'm in is very in depth, you can't just start posting random stuff and expect it to work. I have worked really hard on this RP to make it what it is, a fun, relaxed place to make friends and one that also has at least some semblance of a plot and story arc. But when new people come in without reading any of the past goings on, it makes things a lot harder for those of us that are regulars in the RP... I just wish they would some reading on the past events and locations so we don't have to use posts for OOC, because it disrupts the flow and makes it a lot less enjoyable.

That is why you make it a sign-up.

I want to thank all of the artist that have drawn my OCs.
Night Shine and Moon Violet

Greyscaleisme

Quote from: Night Pony on 2015 Feb 07, 14:10:20
That is why you make it a sign-up.

It is actually, still doesn't stop the noobs. *sigh*
'Cause sometimes to stay alive you gotta kill your mind.

Stardust Dragon

Quote from: Greyscaleisme on 2015 Feb 07, 13:52:39

These are the reasons I'm afraid to RP, the worry about being "that guy"...that and crippling social phobias  >.<

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Greyscaleisme on 2015 Feb 07, 14:34:15
It is actually, still doesn't stop the noobs. *sigh*

First post: Sign up only. You have to sign up to RP in this. You cannot jump in. Ask to sign up first.
noob: (insert pony name here) wanders into the place and looks at the other ponies. "Hi."
or
Thread's name: Insert RP title here (NO JUMP-INS)
noob: (insert pony name here) wanders into the place and looks at the other ponies. "Hi."
X3

Chack

During my painting class, I ask my teacher how to make a wood/bark texture with paint.
He replies with, "You cannot get a wood texture with paint, you'll only be able to get something that appears to be a bark texture."

That wasn't what I meant. I didn't even make a metaphor. I just wanted to know how to paint a bark texture, not actually get paint to HAVE the texture of bark.
Wait for it...

Peace Keeper

I have a feeling the "noob" will be reading this and get upset.
Representing the Element of Peace, my name is Peacekeeper, and I am an Evershade Crusader. I am also a proud member of Chat-o-Landia. My talent is preventing conflict and maintaining order.

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Peace Keeper on 2015 Feb 07, 18:53:52
I have a feeling the "noob" will be reading this and get upset.

Er, sorry. :s I didn't intend for my post to be making fun of them, to be honest. I was putting examples of when people don't read something that outright tells them they're not allowed to jump in.

Chibalt

Quote from: Stardust Dragon on 2015 Feb 07, 16:24:49
These are the reasons I'm afraid to RP, the worry about being "that guy"...that and crippling social phobias  >.<

If you're willing to actually read the situation and, maybe ask for a little recap in OOC if you need it then you're nowhere near being "that guy", not pointing fingers here but a recent example was in the adventures as a royal guard RP where someone just tried joining in, as a royal guard, in canterlot, nowhere NEAR the actual base, didn't even read into the situation whatsoever, or even heed my OOC messages and suggestions for how to actually get relevantly into it, and then the person poofed forever.

Also, people taking excessive space, you're less than half a meter wide by average, you do NOT need to swing your arms about in a meter-wide radius, I have no idea how often I've had the contents of cups I'm drinking of spilled due to people like that.
My OCs: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=11833.msg777677#msg777677
Don't be afraid to make suggestions regarding any of the characters there if you have some.

Midnight Breeze

GTA 5's police dispatcher. I hate how she sounds like she has Alzheimer's or something.

"Citizen's reports of........uhhhhhhhh.......shots fired at......uhhhhh....Vespucci Beach."

"Suspected is headed.....uhhhh.......west at.......60 miles per hour on.......uhhhhhh.....Vespucci Boulevard."

"Suspected is driving a.......uhhhhhh.......blue......Vapid Dominator."

Go Up