Dumb things that annoy you

Started by Zaner-Boy, 2012 Jun 01, 14:30:22

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Lync Volan

Episode 1 of Spongebob just aired a few minutes ago from the year "1999"
Ben 10 aired on the year 2005/2006 but a couple of years ago they stopped airing reruns or any of his newer stuff, it just feels really unfair to me :c
the worst of it is its no longer on Netflix either DD:!
I'm starting to think this is the reason some ppl don't know the name "Ben 10"
(thankfully it still airs SUPER early in the morning in the Philippines and even the younger kids knows who he is)

Chishio Kunrin

So, there's this really cool, fun, and beautiful looking awesomely animated CGI cartoon called Miraculous Ladybug, and the English dub is coming to America on December 6th. It looks so awesome!! You've got the girl superhero Miraculous Ladybug and the boy superhero Cat Noir, and they fight villains, and the character design is really good and pretty! It looks like a ton of fun!

So, why am I posting this on this thread?

Because it'll be on Nickelodeon, and I can't legally watch anything on Nickelodeon or any other Viacom channels!!!! D:
Uuugh, I wish my cable provider had never dropped the Viacom channels! They're my internet provider too, so I'm completely blocked from watching episodes on Nickelodeon's website! Some of you might remember me complaining that they dropped the Viacom channels right in the middle of Legend of Korra book 4!

*Smashes face into a pillow and screams at the top of her lungs*

I want to support it! It looks like a really great show, and it looks like it'll be a positive influence for kids! I was even gonna try to get my parents' friends' daughter into it because it looks like something she'd like, but they have the same cable and internet provider we do! :(

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Chromastone64

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2015 Sep 09, 20:57:02
I would stop watching things with her.
I mean, I have a tendency to put off watching certain things until my mom is out of the house or asleep because she has such an annoying tendency of frequently walking into the room and talking to me no matter what I'm doing. I got tired of having to pause movies every 10-20 minutes.

I also don't like watching movies with my mom anymore because whenever I do, one way or another, we end up pausing the movie for, like, 30 minutes. :l The three most common things that happen:
1. Someone calls, and it's someone who she wants to answer the phonecall for, so she ends up talking to them for, like, 20-30 minutes.
2. She needs to go pee multiple times during the movie.
3. She feels the need to take a smoke break.
4. Someone calls and then she feels the need to take a smoke break after all that talking.

My mum doesn't do it to be mean, she does it as a joke.
The other problem I have is that 99% of the time, Mum is in the front room. Where my PS4 is.
So what's going to happen when, in the same room as this lady who makes fun of any emotional moment, Japanese game, or any MENTION of the word "friendship", I boot up Kingdom Hearts III or Final Fantasy XV when they come out?!
A self-proclaimed "jack-of-all-media-types". I tend to say "freaking" a lot.<br />My OCs: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=13316.0

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Chromastone64 on 2015 Sep 10, 10:58:51
My mum doesn't do it to be mean, she does it as a joke.
The other problem I have is that 99% of the time, Mum is in the front room. Where my PS4 is.
So what's going to happen when, in the same room as this lady who makes fun of any emotional moment, Japanese game, or any MENTION of the word "friendship", I boot up Kingdom Hearts III or Final Fantasy XV when they come out?!

I didn't think she did it to be mean.
You should express to her that you really, really don't like it when she makes fun of stuff like that because that ruins it for you and that you're completely serious about this.

If she thinks that stuff is ridiculous or wants to make fun of it and turn it into a joke, she can keep it to herself. It's a lot less distracting if she smiles to herself at a joke she kept in her thoughts than if she voices that joke. She may see an emotional scene as something that's fun to mock and make gagging noises at, but some people feel that emotional scenes are beautiful and want to experience them seriously, and she needs to see that.

I've had times where I've been sitting in a room with little kids, and they had Disney Junior shows on TV and stuff like that, and I sat there and mocked the shows and made jokes about them in my mind. I was respectful enough not to voice those jokes because the kids enjoyed the shows, and I knew it would be rude and annoying if I was sitting there openly mocking that stuff.

So, she can either keep it silent and in her mind or leave the room. :\

Sorry if I seem harsh or overdramatic or if it seems like I'm overreacting, but I personally feel like scenes that elicit emotion in the viewers are works of art. It's fiction, the characters don't really exist, but you still feel something. It's awesome and beautiful whenever a work of fiction is able to do that. If someone ruins that moment for you the first time you experience it, you can't get that back.

Nuserame

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2015 Sep 10, 10:52:02
So, there's this really cool, fun, and beautiful looking awesomely animated CGI cartoon called Miraculous Ladybug, and the English dub is coming to America on December 6th. It looks so awesome!! You've got the girl superhero Miraculous Ladybug and the boy superhero Cat Noir, and they fight villains, and the character design is really good and pretty! It looks like a ton of fun!

So, why am I posting this on this thread?

Because it'll be on Nickelodeon, and I can't legally watch anything on Nickelodeon or any other Viacom channels!!!! D:
Uuugh, I wish my cable provider had never dropped the Viacom channels! They're my internet provider too, so I'm completely blocked from watching episodes on Nickelodeon's website! Some of you might remember me complaining that they dropped the Viacom channels right in the middle of Legend of Korra book 4!

*Smashes face into a pillow and screams at the top of her lungs*

I want to support it! It looks like a really great show, and it looks like it'll be a positive influence for kids! I was even gonna try to get my parents' friends' daughter into it because it looks like something she'd like, but they have the same cable and internet provider we do! :(

Step 1: Cancel paid TV subscriptions. All of em.
Step 2: Find an alternate way to watch what you want to watch, when you want to watch it, this time without the awful commercials.
Step 3: Spend the saved money on merch and DVDs of things you like! Huzzah justified spending spree of frivolous goods!
Step 4: The show actually makes more money on this, Internet Disservice Provider makes less.
Step 5: World is a fairer place, you are less annoyed AND you get merch!

Are there 'legal issues' with this? Eyup, but look up how to do it smartly and it won't really matter.
How about 'moral issues'? I'd say none. The artists make their money, you get your fun. All the nasty disservice providers in between are where the moral issues lie if you ask me.
Slate Grey, my OC! Awesome profile picture by Bakasan94

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Nuserame on 2015 Sep 10, 13:17:18
Step 1: Cancel paid TV subscriptions. All of em.
Step 2: Find an alternate way to watch what you want to watch, when you want to watch it, this time without the awful commercials.
Step 3: Spend the saved money on merch and DVDs of things you like! Huzzah justified spending spree of frivolous goods!
Step 4: The show actually makes more money on this, Internet Disservice Provider makes less.
Step 5: World is a fairer place, you are less annoyed AND you get merch!

Are there 'legal issues' with this? Eyup, but look up how to do it smartly and it won't really matter.
How about 'moral issues'? I'd say none. The artists make their money, you get your fun. All the nasty disservice providers in between are where the moral issues lie if you ask me.

If we cancel our TV, we'll have to cancel our internet and house phone, too. The only reason we can afford any of it is because having the bundle service that gives us all three is much cheaper.

Midnight Breeze

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2015 Sep 10, 14:13:23
If we cancel our TV, we'll have to cancel our internet and house phone, too. The only reason we can afford any of it is because having the bundle service that gives us all three is much cheaper.

That doesn't make sense. Why would bundling 3 services be cheaper than getting one alone?

Lync Volan

That moment when your drinking water from a bottle and it spills over your lip and all over your shirt >A<
(sorta refreshing i guess lol)

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2015 Sep 10, 17:38:26
That doesn't make sense. Why would bundling 3 services be cheaper than getting one alone?

We get all three from the same company, and for some reason, they decided that, to encourage people to use them for multiple of their services, they should make a deal where you bundle those three for cheaper than having two.

I dunno, buying in bulk being cheaper than buying all the stuff in that bulk individually doesn't make sense either.

Peace Keeper

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2015 Sep 10, 19:55:17
We get all three from the same company, and for some reason, they decided that, to encourage people to use them for multiple of their services, they should make a deal where you bundle those three for cheaper than having two.

I dunno, buying in bulk being cheaper than buying all the stuff in that bulk individually doesn't make sense either.

Well... that's business strategy for ya. They would want you to get all their services in a large bundle so they can get the 80 or so dollars a month as oppose to just have two utilities and just pay like 60 a month. Its on purpose so that you use all their services to win the competition against other providers of similar service.
Representing the Element of Peace, my name is Peacekeeper, and I am an Evershade Crusader. I am also a proud member of Chat-o-Landia. My talent is preventing conflict and maintaining order.

Midnight Breeze

Quote from: Peace Keeper on 2015 Sep 11, 00:00:23
Well... that's business strategy for ya. They would want you to get all their services in a large bundle so they can get the 80 or so dollars a month as oppose to just have two utilities and just pay like 60 a month. Its on purpose so that you use all their services to win the competition against other providers of similar service.

Except it's still not worth it. Why would I want to pay an extra 20 bucks a month for home phone that I have absolutely no use for? I currently have only internet and it costs me 50 bucks a month. I ain't paying an extra 40 for TV that I watch maybe 5 hours of a week and home phone that I never use at all. I'd rather just eat the full cost of internet than bundle it with services I don't need in the illusion that I'm getting a good deal.

I'm praying that Google brings fiber to Dallas-Fort Worth soon. I'd gladly pay 70 bucks a month for internet that blazing fast.

Lync Volan

I'm annoyed at how easy it looks to help a hoarder get rid of there stuff on Sitcomes but in actual its impossible, dad get rid of that crud!, you haven't used it in about 3 years already >:O!

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2015 Sep 11, 03:33:12
Except it's still not worth it. Why would I want to pay an extra 20 bucks a month for home phone that I have absolutely no use for? I currently have only internet and it costs me 50 bucks a month. I ain't paying an extra 40 for TV that I watch maybe 5 hours of a week and home phone that I never use at all. I'd rather just eat the full cost of internet than bundle it with services I don't need in the illusion that I'm getting a good deal.

I'm praying that Google brings fiber to Dallas-Fort Worth soon. I'd gladly pay 70 bucks a month for internet that blazing fast.

We use all three.
We give businesses and doctors and the pharmacy and such our home phone number.
My mom watches a lot of TV. She has a lot of shows that she keeps up with. And we both use the internet a lot, especially since she pays our bills via internet.

So, we got them in a bundle so it'd be cheaper than getting them individually.

Chromastone64

Dang it, I REALLY want to get a Shulk "BACKSLASH" voice mod for TF2. I found one, but the download seems kinda sketchy. Does anyone know if the site GameBanana can be trusted?
A self-proclaimed "jack-of-all-media-types". I tend to say "freaking" a lot.<br />My OCs: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=13316.0

Chibalt

Quote from: Chromastone64 on 2015 Sep 11, 19:16:16
Dang it, I REALLY want to get a Shulk "BACKSLASH" voice mod for TF2. I found one, but the download seems kinda sketchy. Does anyone know if the site GameBanana can be trusted?

Gamebanana's trustable, just make sure to read comments and have an antivirus just in case.
My OCs: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=11833.msg777677#msg777677
Don't be afraid to make suggestions regarding any of the characters there if you have some.

Lync Volan

Why do i keep drinking so much water!?
it makes me feel good but then the outcome is not so nice!

Chishio Kunrin

I have a cold. :s
When my friend's parents dropped her little sister off here the other day and let them spend the night, my friend kept insisting her little sister was just having allergy problems.

Nope, apparently she wasn't. :l Because I started sneezing a whole lot, and now my throat is scratchy. Next, I'll stop sneezing and start coughing. That's the pattern I tend to go through when I get a cold, a lot of the time. We even checked my temperature, and I have a slight fever. Definitely not allergies.

Yet my friend is sitting around going "She was never showing really bad symptoms, even before we got her medicine."
Um. Hello??? Did you not hear her practically drowning in her own snot when she was here?! She was hanging out in the room right next to the one we were in, and I could hear her coughing and clearing her throat! That's not "really bad," to you?? :facehoof:

It probably wouldn't have been a problem if she had stayed in the other room, but she ended up coming into the living room and sitting right next to me, even though I didn't want her to.

GreenTab

Can't finish Shelter 2, my pups keep dying, good thing I don't have plans for kids or social service would be behind me like flies

Lync Volan

My mom keeps assuming that everyone i talk to are doing "bad" things :l

Midnight Breeze

Quote from: Lync Volan on 2015 Sep 13, 13:55:00
My mom keeps assuming that everyone i talk to are doing "bad" things :l

Uhhhh, you're 18. It's about time for her to butt out of your social life.

Go Up