Writing Auditions: Congratulations to our new writers!

Started by Brick Stonewood, 2012 Jul 20, 16:41:44

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Tiger

Quote from: Princess_Luna on 2012 Jul 30, 02:37:15
:(  wish i knew what was wrong with my audition  >A<

Possibly your lack of capitalization.

Cheer up guys, not all hope is lost! The writers that made it to the second round were just better than you, it doesn't mean you guys were terrible.

A link to my tumblr above!
Tiger's OC page. Should re-do it...

Chelicera

Well, losing is part of life but never did it become a person's flaw if something is done to the fullest.

Goodluck for those who made it in. I'll be expecting not only a dashin' rpg game but something inspired by literary art.  ^-^

Giggle Tail

Quote from: Tiger on 2012 Jul 30, 03:23:44

Cheer up guys, not all hope is lost! The writers that made it to the second round were just better than you, it doesn't mean you guys were terrible.

.....I don't know about the others who didn't make it, but when you put it that way it sure doesn't make me feel better.
Will write lighthearted, random comedy stories for fun.

Giggle's OCs

Sneaks

Quote from: Giggle Tail on 2012 Jul 30, 11:21:17
Quote from: Tiger on 2012 Jul 30, 03:23:44

.....I don't know about the others who didn't make it, but when you put it that way it sure doesn't make me feel better.

Well there are definitely people better then me. I will admit it now: I, Sneaks, am not a perfect writer, not the best at structure, just learned what a brick of text is, I make a lot of flaws in capitalization and spelling(although I fix them eventually), and I have a lot of work to do. But I will not give in to failure.

Fight harder, fly farther is what I say.

Good luck to the one's in the second round! Know that I wish the best!

Giggle Tail

There's no such as a perfect writer.  Again, it's all really subjective beyond basic stuff like spelling and grammar.

Giggle's OCs

Amontillado

I'm not sure if I should post the story I did for the first round of the audition. not sure if anyone would really care. >.>

Cryoid

Quote from: Amontillado on 2012 Jul 31, 01:06:18
I'm not sure if I should post the story I did for the first round of the audition. not sure if anyone would really care. >.>

I'd probably not post it into this thread.  You can however (if you wanted) post it under stories, or maybe on DeviantART or something.  I'd wait until after the end of this whole auditions thing though.  Just so nopony decides they want to do something they might regret ^-^

Honestly I'd love to read every submission that was made.  I enjoy stories and it's fun to compare the styles of different authors to see which style you best like using and which ones you enjoy reading the most too.

lurk852

Quote from: Cryoid on 2012 Jul 31, 02:01:16

I'd probably not post it into this thread.  You can however (if you wanted) post it under stories, or maybe on DeviantART or something.  I'd wait until after the end of this whole auditions thing though.  Just so nopony decides they want to do something they might regret ^-^

Honestly I'd love to read every submission that was made.  I enjoy stories and it's fun to compare the styles of different authors to see which style you best like using and which ones you enjoy reading the most too.

For what it's worth, I'd be curious enough to read these entries too. Feel free to throw 'em in the Stories forum if you want, like Cryoid said.
"The passions are, and ought only to be the slave of reason." - David Hume

Firefly

great idea  ^-^ I'd love to have a look at everyone's stories after the audition  ;)
[move=6][/move]Thanks Skardan (signature) and Fudgemuffin (avatar) :D
If I owe you any work you can always visit my gallery: http://icepool27.deviantart.com/gallery/

FimFan14

Quote from: Firefly on 2012 Jul 31, 02:04:07

great idea  ^-^ I'd love to have a look at everyone's stories after the audition  ;)

Mine is posted on Fimfiction under the title 'Stereoheart', if any of you are interested.

Giggle Tail

I could provide anypony who wants them with links to at least two of my submissions.

Giggle's OCs

BritishAmerican

Me when I find out about Writing auditions: "Now's my chance! 8D"
-Finds out the deadline was on the 28th of July- "Darn it!  :c"
All well, Don't think I would have made it if I was even on time  lol hmm I think I remember reading something about Voice Acting...  ovO

Cryoid

Quote from: BritishAmerican on 2012 Jul 31, 11:00:09
Me when I find out about Writing auditions: "Now's my chance! 8D"
-Finds out the deadline was on the 28th of July- "Darn it!  :c"
All well, Don't think I would have made it if I was even on time  lol hmm I think I remember reading something about Voice Acting...  ovO

I'll be back!  Take my hand!  Ahhhahhahhahhahh!!!   Get to the chopper!! 

Does that mean I win? :D

paintypalette

i'm not even surprised. i never win anything  :s

Firefly

Quote from: paintypalette on 2012 Aug 02, 00:50:44

You've just haven't joined enough competitions to find out where you always win  ;)
If I owe you any work you can always visit my gallery: http://icepool27.deviantart.com/gallery/

Cryoid

Quote from: Firefly on 2012 Aug 02, 01:34:29
Quote from: paintypalette on 2012 Aug 02, 00:50:44

You've just haven't joined enough competitions to find out where you always win  ;)

That and the attitude.  You can't expect to go into something with a "Who cares" attitude and gain anything from it.  Your work will reflect your attitude, and if you don't care about a project, odds are it wont be worth anything.  Take a second to just forget that pessimism and really work on (whatever it is you're doing).  It's not a thing of luck, like the lottery, it's about actually putting forth the effort and striving to achieve.  So none of that negative Nancy (Or Nelly if that's who you prefer) just get back out there and try again.

Yes, by the way, I just somewhat lectured you on the forums, and you know what?

Rainbrodash

Congrats to all the winners and good luck with round 2. Not being able to narrow it down to less than 20 submissions is a good thing. It shows that people actually want that writing position. Again congratulations and good luck, and may the best pony win!  ^-^

Amontillado

2012 Aug 03, 01:19:40 #137 Last Edit: 2012 Aug 03, 02:03:49 by Amontillado
And my second entry is out. Good luck everypony again.

[edit] Also if anyone wants to give it a read. The story I posted for the first round is in the stories section.

ThreeZeus

Done with the second round entry after proofreading like three times. That was fun to write, though I gotta say 2000 words is pretty darn short.

Best of luck to everyone in the second round.
...said ThreeZeus.

Firefly

Quote from: ThreeZeus on 2012 Aug 03, 12:14:43
Done with the second round entry after proofreading like three times. That was fun to write, though I gotta say 2000 words is pretty darn short.

Best of luck to everyone in the second round.

I thought so too  :\
But I've always failed to stay within the word limit for my essays and stuff so who am I to say so  lol

Go Up