Dumb things that annoy you

Started by Zaner-Boy, 2012 Jun 01, 14:30:22

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Randam Saiko

Quote from: MrEmu on 2014 Sep 14, 08:55:43
Quote from: Pipkin on 2014 Sep 14, 08:46:45I forgot about the bird, aka the 7am alarm I never asked for  :l
Ugh, I know how that is!
We were staying with a family one time due to stuff...
And their parakeet would squawk SO darn loud at random times, even midnight! O:

I can relate. I have several Nightingales in my neighborhood. They won't stop singing each night.

Growing attached to someone, but not wanting to be that clingy (and annoying) friend.

Emit, you mischievous little...
My OCs

Little Star

Quote from: Randam Saiko on 2014 Sep 14, 15:24:55
Growing attached to someone, but not wanting to be that clingy (and annoying) friend.

:c Same

MrEmu

Quote from: StarSong on 2014 Sep 14, 16:50:48

... :s
I can relate here all too well...

DawnsEmbrace

Quote from: MrEmu on 2014 Sep 14, 17:15:42
Spoiler: show
Quote from: StarSong on 2014 Sep 14, 16:50:48

... :s
I can relate here all too well...

Makes it worse when the person in question is toxic towards you... :c
You still wanted to be there for them, but you couldn't.  You had to cut ties, due to enormous mental and emotional strain.
<br />

MrEmu

Trying to do something, and straining myself, now I'm farther from my goal then ever because of it. :'(

Chishio Kunrin

People are getting scared that ice cream sandwiches won't melt, saying there are evil preservatives at work, but really, it's just the science of guar gum (made from guar beans) and calcium sulfate.

Guar gum thickens water and stabilizes thawing, and calcium sulfate traps moisture. They work together to thicken ice cream and hold it together. They're put in the ice cream of ice cream sandwiches because it sucks when you're trying to eat an ice cream sandwich and it melts all over your hand and falls apart.

So, don't worry about your ice cream sandwich not melting. It's fine, and it's not going to kill you. Sheesh.

It'd actually be nice if they started doing that to the ice cream in Choco Tacos, let me tell you. :\ Now those are messy to eat.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Midnight Breeze

My head is literally dented from wearing headphones so much. I use the Razer Tiamat which has a bizarre cushioning pattern on the headband. I guess that's supposed to make it more comfortable, but for it just causes an odd indention in my head that takes several days of not wearing them for it to go back to normal.

I could imagine in a the year 2741 my skeleton being dug up and the archeologists being puzzled at what was wrong with my skull.

The Stars

You know how terrible you are at cooking when you realize you can't even make waffles with the waffle iron correctly. @.@
Heads up!

// Thanks a lot Tiger! :D

Pipkin

Someone cut off my brother driving today by running a stop sign in front of him and caused him to hit the back of this guys car, and the guy drove off.

My brother drives a Cadillac, and he is not happy....
Spoiler: show

Ramisha

Quote from: The Stars on 2014 Sep 15, 00:55:56
You know how terrible you are at cooking when you realize you can't even make waffles with the waffle iron correctly. @.@

I once put baking powder in waffles by accident, I thought it was vanilla sugar. There were waffles EVERYWHERE. There was even some powder on my friend's bag  :s

Rissian

I've gotten used to scary games nowadays, so it's not really fun to play them anymore... Which kinda makes me sad because it's fun getting scared now and then.

MrEmu

My mind seems to turn anything good into something bad...
It's really really bad... :s

DawnsEmbrace

Lately I've been feeling this...

TERRIBLE SILKY EMPTINESS

And it hasn't gone away.
<br />

cloudwilk

I don't know why, but when I walk down enclosed areas like hallways, it really annoys me when people come my way walking opposite of me. Obviously I'm not going to really complain or say anything, but it is weirdly annoying for me.

[I]"Want to see where I came from??"[/I]Jump into the portal and find out!

Randam Saiko

When people constantly repeat some annoying or brain-cell killing level of stupid phrase so much that they got it stuck in your head.

Emit, you mischievous little...
My OCs

MrEmu

I have no idea why, but my body is only letting me get 6 hours of sleep...
After 6 hours I wake up and can't fall back asleep... :'(

Midnight Breeze

2014 Sep 15, 19:38:36 #14096 Last Edit: 2014 Sep 15, 20:02:22 by Midnight Breeze
Quote from: MrEmu on 2014 Sep 15, 16:28:02

6 hours is sufficient for optimal health. Don't sweat it.

Correction: 6-8 hours is optimal for ADULTS. If you're under 17 then you do need more. Babies and toddlers need 12+, children need 9-10, teenagers need 7-9.

Also, fun fact: More is not better. Getting too much sleep is worse than not getting enough.

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2014 Sep 15, 19:38:36
Quote from: MrEmu on 2014 Sep 15, 16:28:02

6 hours is sufficient for optimal health. Don't sweat it.

Yeah, 8 hours is just an average. How much sleep a person needs varies from person to person. Not everyone needs 8 hours of sleep, and some people need a little more than 8 hours.

Sometimes, it becomes very clear that some people didn't learn context clues and/or critical thinking skills.
I'm more than willing to help explain something, but man... Sometimes, it's a little ridiculous.

Also, I hate it when someone reacts to someone else being wrong by just insulting them or saying they're wrong and leaving it at that. Well, how're they going to know the right info if nobody tells them?! "You're wrong" and "You're an idiot" don't help anyone.

And for the love of fun, can people just not bash people who've just started playing a game for being bad at it?! You were a beginner at this game once too, you know! You were bad at this game once because you were still learning how to play! Don't be a jerk!
^Said that just because it relates to the above kinda.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Metal_Beat

1. People yelling random stuff (p.s: TO SPAAAACE!)
2. People being hypocrites
3. Mother Nature

Julius

I'm feeling uneasy without a reason to...

Well, I do have a reason but it's more like a hunch really. I don't have anything to base my feelings on and yet there they are. Should I be worried? Maybe, maybe not... I don't know... :s
Purr~

Go Up