How did you become a brony?

Started by Aphex93, 2012 Apr 06, 15:47:37

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Billow Pillow

Hmm, quite the interesting question.  Well in comparison to your guys stories i presume my story wont be as exciting, but all the same should be just as informative as the others.  Just like most, one day was simply just bored and happen to randomly run into one of the my little pony videos (In this case Season 2 Episode 2) Saw the episode, and well was rather interested in it, however at the time was still rather busy with my life so at the time i just put it off for awhile.   :]

Thing's really didn't start to kick off intill the day when i was randomly searching through my channels and saw the hub on and saw that a new episode of my little pony was coming on (Season 2 Episode 11) and the rest is history, became heavily interested in the show just from that one episode.  Inspired me to watch the rest of them, though at the time i watch backwards from episode 11 to episode 7 before i went to the start and watch from the begging of season one.  Till this day, i am rather uncertain as to why i watched it at first in such a strange manner, though i suppose it really doesn't matter.  :s
Senpai Notice me

LOE Craft: Here
My OC: Here
Dragon Cave Click Meow.

AAA13

I've loved ponies since I was 4 when my mother bought me a pony toy.
I have followed most different versions of it since then ovO
[move][/move]
forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=5700.0
Thanks to Bravo539 for the avatar!

Princess_Luna

i can tell you how i turned my friend B)
she said "no in NOT waching a show for 3 year olds!" soooo long story short i tied her down in front of the tv pinkamena style ovO (it was a sleep over so it was easy... very hard to wake her up) and turned on SE.1 EP.1 and she was like "no no no no no no!" so i covered her mouth with ducktape! (the ducktape part is a jk! i would NEVER do that!) when it started she said "im going to be stuck in this s***... may as well get it over with :c " we wached the first seson and she said "meh... i would wach it if i HAD to... but not if i wanted to" next day i found her in her room waching seson 2 singing "my little pony... i use to wonder what frie-" then she screamed when she saw me :] 'cus im just evil like that... the next day at the bus stop i asked her what her fav pony is and she said "flutershy... your so mean..." SHE. IS. IN. THE. HERD.

:] 'cus im just evil like that ovO
Rub some bacon on it.

Flinckie

I finally decided to investigate why there were ponies all over 4chan. This was around mid-December 2011 and I constantly beat myself up over not checking it out sooner. I could've caught the show months earlier, but it all worked out in the end.
Somewhat a musician.

Shining Armor

I was looking through the channels and I believe it was episode 16 that was on, and I said why not, nothing else is on and tried it out. Fantastic decision on my part. Then after a while I found out about the bronies just from being on the internet is really enough.
I don't really shine, too dirty.

Ryo_D_Disk

Generic story wahced deathbattle on screwattack thought why is this a thing had a look

bit of time later wached it for bordums sake

True reason: fell in love with the style and animation and the charater development and it escolated from there eventuly found this forums then I loved it here as you can see you cant get rid of me now  ovO

Julius

Quote from: Ryo_D_Disk on 2012 Oct 06, 11:44:00
Generic story wahced deathbattle on screwattack thought why is this a thing had a look

True reason: fell in love with the style and animation and the charater development and it escolated from there eventuly found this forums then I loved it here as you can see you cant get rid of me now  ovO

But... Why would we want to get rid of you? :]
Purr~

Silver Snake

Quote from: Julius on 2012 Oct 06, 17:18:31

Julius brings up a valid point. *climbs atop a soap box* I haven't needed one yet, but a Dueling Pony is a worthy ally in times of trouble. While all the forces of the Decepticons may fall, those ponies who have banded together in a bond that can only be described as bronyhood will beat back the forces of evil and disunity. One is always a brony, and their allies shall never stray far from their side. An ally and fellow brony is a treasure that must never be scorned. *hops off soap box and salutes*

Let's just.... Let's not ask too many questions about this one.

Julius

Purr~

Ryo_D_Disk

Quote from: Silver Snake on 2012 Oct 06, 17:40:14
Quote from: Julius on 2012 Oct 06, 17:18:31

Julius brings up a valid point. *climbs atop a soap box* I haven't needed one yet, but a Dueling Pony is a worthy ally in times of trouble. While all the forces of the Decepticons may fall, those ponies who have banded together in a bond that can only be described as bronyhood will beat back the forces of evil and disunity. One is always a brony, and their allies shall never stray far from their side. An ally and fellow brony is a treasure that must never be scorned. *hops off soap box and salutes*

Well  :I Im honourd to feel needed to be fair i tend to be a quite forgetable pony at the best of times

Midnight Breeze

The first time I ever found out about My Little Pony was when I randomly stumbled across Kyrospawn videos while browsing YouTube in late 2011. Looking at some of the comments I realized that these clearly weren't little girls and that they kept using the word 'brony' I had never heard of. So I googled the word and found out about the community. At that time I just said 'Meh, to each his own.' I never thought that I would actually get into the community myself. Over time I started seeing more and more ponies all over the place and my interest started to grow.

Finally in April 2012 I got Netflix for the first time (Yeah, really late to that party I know lol) and discovered season one of the series while browsing. I thought 'Eh, whatever, might as well see what all the fuss is about.' And started watching the first episode.

At first I didn't even make it past the intro theme song before facepalming and saying 'Oh my God, what am I watching?' and turning it off. But a couple of days later I decided to give the show a fair chance and made myself watch the 2-parter pilot. I thought 'Eh, I guess it's an alright cartoon' but I still didn't think I would wind up getting into it.

The next day I decided 'What the heck, let's watch another episode' Then I watched another, and another, and another... and from there I wound up watching the entire first season over a span of 3 days.

After the first season, I was pretty much hooked. Every brony has their own reason for liking the show, and for me it's the character development. 99% of cartoons today are just a hodgepodge of unfunny slapstick humor and lack any actual continuity. FiM wasn't like that. The characters were well written and relatable. Over the series they grow, develop and learn from their experiences.

So yes. That's my brony-life story. At this point it's hard for me to believe that just 6 months ago I wouldn't be caught dead watching ponies.

akirawind0

How Did I become A Brony?
Well It pretty funny story
it was 13.7 this year I was in my computer doing something it was late at night.
that day I was in youtube looking  at creepy pasta in one of the  Luna game I heart "At The Gala" Music it was remix.
Anyway It was too quit that nigh so Put my headphone and star listening that song after that I look other videos there was I press Becoming Popular (The Pony Everypony Should Know) it was the MV but I did not continue what I was doing I keep watch and next think I was saw 1 and 2 seasons now I am Brony

studying is learning
teach is a ability
Crystal Is Style

ChocolateRain

Some time ago out of curiosity (have noticed ponies around the internet and other places) I watched s1e01 on youtube but it didn't get me though.

Later then I watched that video (didn't even know the original back then):

Spoiler: show

Then sometime I listened to a German podcast (normally not pony related), discussing Fanfiction and MLP:FiM:

Spoiler: German Podcast • show

After that I somehow had to watch season 1 + 2. And now I'm addicted...

All work and no candy makes Choco a dull colt!
deviantArt

GuitarBrony

Oddly enough, i have a video about how i became a brony... made it almost a year ago... Don't judge... skip to about 2:25 to ignore my rambling intro.

My music channels. Stop by if you'd like.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCw5aZPezsQwcJP9T4D1mJ7w
https://soundcloud.com/someponywithaguitar
"I suppose it's just interest... devoid of substance or purpose; a hypothetical pattern... for the satisfaction of bringing it to completion."

Julius

Quote from: GuitarBrony on 2012 Nov 12, 11:24:33
Oddly enough, i have a video about how i became a brony... made it almost a year ago... Don't judge... skip to about 2:25 to ignore my rambling intro.

Best wrap up to a video ever. lol
Purr~

GuitarBrony

Quote from: Julius on 2012 Nov 12, 11:59:02

Best wrap up to a video ever. lol

yeah... it was like... 2 or 3 am by that point... my brain had long since ceased to cooperate with me.
My music channels. Stop by if you'd like.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCw5aZPezsQwcJP9T4D1mJ7w
https://soundcloud.com/someponywithaguitar
"I suppose it's just interest... devoid of substance or purpose; a hypothetical pattern... for the satisfaction of bringing it to completion."

PrincessButton

Stay....thirsty? *shrug* broooohooooof!  :3
[Avatar drawn by Dusky Hues; Thank you!]

Skardan

Well I found MLP through an artist.
I'm not saying his name because most of his art is "not for kids". ^^
Anyways I really like his drawing style so I watched him for quite a long time.
But then he suddenly started to draw some ponies.

I thought it looks interesting and watched some funny vids on YT (sadly I can't remember which vids).
Then I watched every single episode that existed (1-13) in one day.
Oh btw. thanks to NegimaP for the ger sub. :3
My DeviantArt

Inactivity! Woo!

[move=12]

CrabApple

I started likeing the pony stuff because my friend made me come over to her house and watch it. At first i was like, "this is stupid i dont want to watch this!" but i realized it was pretty adicting. also Flipnote Hatena had a lot of pony flipnotes posted on it. thats how i think i really got into it.
[move=9][/move]

super_chris85

I always thought my brony friends would get me to watch but my brother showed me and it turns out my older of 2 sis is a pegisister too  ovO it makes me happy to watch this show

Go Up