World of Discord (RP)

Started by The Wandering Magus, 2013 Sep 12, 13:00:56

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

bauccgia0

Laserbolt whined a bit, and pointed at the castle. [glow=black,2,300]But it's right over there! Mrph. Fine, let's PLAN or something.[/glow] He walked over to Asterian, ready to start planning. [glow=black,2,300]So, does anyone else think that, although my previous statement about using Clockwork's soul as a bomb was completely based in angry fantasy, there might be some merit to it? Maybe, if I study the soul matrix, I could actually make a bunch of little bombs with some massive firepower.  The matrix wasn't that heavy, so they'd be easy to carry, and I could probably make it so you could adjust the size of the blast.[/glow]

The Clockwork King

Laserbolt's thoughts were interrupted by the thud of Clockwork punching his shoulder in a not-too-friendly way.
If you thin I am going to let you manhandle my central matrix the way you did before, you have another thing coming!
Clockwork exhaled carefully, trying not to let any anger flare at being held at gunpoint. Him, held at the mercy of two lesser minds? He would see them dead before his ascension, just not quite yet. He flagged Shadechaser over, dropping a message into her mind.
[glow=orange,2,300]This development changes little to our task of reuniting you with the rest of yourself, we must be ready to lose the group at but a moments notice...[/glow] with the message travelling along low brain wave patterns, it would be almost indistinguishable from the rest of Shadechaser's thoughts. Clockwork gripped his cane
A return to Avalon will be hard on what roads Discord has tampered with, but I know that Queb welcomes all who pass through his domain, so long as they seldom touch his precious flora and fauna. The Everfree is one such place, and whilst I cannot physically assert my presence to the tree, it would give me, Bane and any other individual time to plan our assault on Greedity. All in favour of returning to Avalon for supplies, a good rest and reinforcements, say 'aye'.
CEO of Clockwise Industries, Master of the Empire of Gears, Ave Dominus ex Tempore!

bauccgia0

[glow=black,2,300]Aye, I guess.[/glow] Laserbolt said, rubbing his shoulder. [glow=black,2,300]Anyway, I'm sure that I remember a bit of how that soul matrix thing works. Lot of thaumic theory at work, right? Couple of astral trapping devices, and whatnot? I'll need to find a power source that isn't... an actual living thing, but that'll be easy. Anypony have any crystalline power devices?[/glow]

Bane Emural

Bane stops and listens. "I have no doubts, but one must learn to trust in others or all efforts will be wasted. Do you understand Asterian? A group cannot function without trust, and without trust leads to discord between each one of us, and that will lead to Chaos." He looks at Clockwork. "Clockwork, you are partly to blame for this. Though you have high extensive knowledge and power, more so than anypony here, it makes you less trustworthy around others with lesser skills, especially when secretly planning. In most of my years, I have seen beings like you who have power and intelligence, but used that to secretly betray at the right moment in time for their own goals. I wish not to anger you, but to suggest to be a bit considerate of your actions. The same would go for everypony here." He finally looks at Shadechaser. "And as you have said before, I will speak with the shadows if they wish it so."

Bane faces towards Avalon and begins to heads towards it. "Let us go then, before the seed of Chaos grows even more within our group."
As Time passes by, so does the winds of the Storms, the water of the Seas, and the rock of the Earth. As all things go, from Life to Death, the sands of Time passes by. ~ Bane Emural

bauccgia0

[glow=black,2,300]Great idea. Hey, does anyone know where Twi, Dash, and AJ went? Are they still here?[/glow] Laserbolt looked around, hoping that they were.

Asterian Starfall

((Okay, let's see if I can nail a GM post... ))

Asterian de-cocked his repeater and looked at Bane with understanding eyes. [glow=yellow,2,300]"Speaking modestly, out of all of us here, I know first-hoof what it is like to trust somepony. The question we all must ask ourselves is are we going to betray each other's trust? I trust Clockwork and Shade... for the time being,"[/glow] he added.

Quote from: bauccgia0 on 2014 Jan 19, 15:22:48
[glow=black,2,300]Great idea. Hey, does anyone know where Twi, Dash, and AJ went? Are they still here?[/glow] Laserbolt looked around, hoping that they were.

The lavender unicorn looked at Laserbolt with slight amusement. "We been here this whole time. Have those Nightmares played with your psyche that much?" she said to him.

"Ah think y'all need ter git back yer senses. Y'all're all at each other's throats. Goin' ta Avalon would be a good idea, in mah opinion. Y'all're gonna need it." Saint Abigail sighed. Rainbow nodded in concurrence, expressing herself as well. "What're we waiting for? Let's get outta this Celestia-forsaken place!" Abigail tensed up slightly at Rainbow's rather offensive choice of words, but she quickly let it pass.

It seemed the choice was unanimous.

Quote from: The Clockwork King on 2014 Jan 19, 14:54:22
A return to Avalon will be hard on what roads Discord has tampered with...

Asterian tilted his head and pointed to his horn, indicating his and Chrysteel's spell. [glow=yellow,2,300]"My plan was get there now. Me and Chrysteel could have us all there easily. Everypony gather around."[/glow]

Twilight, Abigail, and Rainbow all stepped forward, ready for the mass teleportation. Asterian began to fuel the spell, his horn glowing.

((Now for Omega_Khaos to respond.))
"Luck is how you explain an overly-variabled scenario that went in your favor." - Asterian Élire Starfall

bauccgia0

Laserbolt opened his mouth to retort to Twilight, then sighed. [glow=black,2,300]I guess so. Luna was right about these things. I can't wait to have my mind back.[/glow] He trotted up to Asterian. [glow=black,2,300]After all this, I'm gonna erase my memory of the Nightmares, of Fear, and of that stupid book. It'll just be me. No more gods, no more monsters, just me.[glow=black,2,300]I'm ready, Asterian.[/glow]

Shadechaser

Quote from: The Clockwork King on 2014 Jan 19, 14:54:22
[glow=orange,2,300]This development changes little to our task of reuniting you with the rest of yourself, we must be ready to lose the group at but a moments notice...[/glow] with the message travelling along low brain wave patterns, it would be almost indistinguishable from the rest of Shadechaser's thoughts.
"[glow=purple,2,300]Understood,[/glow]" Shadechaser said through this connection. She seemed to be disconnected a little from the physical plane moments after this, until Bane said something of the shadows.

Spoiler: The words she snapped to • show
[quote author=Bane Emural link=topic=9037.msg749610#msg749610 date=1390162832]
He finally looks at Shadechaser. "And as you have said before, I will speak with the shadows if they wish it so."
[/quote]

She started to walk into the forest as she said, "I wish to travel by hoof. It will give me time to recover from those past teleportations." She seemed to know what they were planning on doing. She noticed the magic following, if not slightly, from Asterian's horn. "As for the trust... I do not see a shadow trusting its fall to a lighter being. The light and dark have fought for eons. They are not ones to trust an enemy. Clockwork... seems to have something that resembles neither light, nor dark." She seemed to leave the topic open, but continued into the forest.
Your Brony Personality Test reveals...
Twilight Sparkle?!
Judge not, unless thee be judged first in the kingdom of God.
Mathew 7 1:3

Bane Emural

Bane joins with Shade. "I shall join you. It will provide me time to think on the way rather than having to wait."
As Time passes by, so does the winds of the Storms, the water of the Seas, and the rock of the Earth. As all things go, from Life to Death, the sands of Time passes by. ~ Bane Emural

Shadechaser

"I would rather leave with a friend than leave alone. I am grateful that you joined me, Bane." Shadechaser said still focused on the path ahead. "I feel more comfort when you are near. Someone, who knows as much as you do, can see more in the land than any one else. ... I feel a cool breeze running through my mane as you stand near, and it soothes my mind."

[glow=purple,2,300]You can return to your search. Very well. Is that mech to be trusted? He has... knowledge. He can allow the dark progress into this land. Didn't you want to leave this land? I did at one time. It has less interest. The [glow=maroon,2,300]Dark Lord [/glow]will not be happy with your choices. If I am punished for my actions, I will only get what was coming.[/glow]
Twilight Sparkle?!

Bane Emural

Bane is a bit surprised by the comment. He smiles and looks towards the path. "I thank you for that. Those words feel warm inside. A long forgotten feeling I once felt. But that is to be expected when you end up living alone for 51,000 years and so on. Still, it is nice." He is mindful of where he steps but still keeps up with Shade at an even pace. "Do you think our group stands a chance against Discord? I would doubt it in my opinion considering that the seed of Chaos has already sprouted and begun to grow within the group."

bauccgia0

Laserbolt stomped his hooves quickly and impatiently. [glow=black,2,300]Well, what are the rest of ya waiting for? Let's get going![/glow]

Shadechaser

"Our group... is just that, a group. Ones that wish to end his reign, yet there is a lack of communication among the individuals. I do not see the chance we have, but if our group does have a chance, it is hidden well." Shadechaser's shadow, if that is what it is, started to become more apparent. "We need to connect and find common ground. If we do not, then his royal pain would surely break any connection we had. No return... and no way of coming back to sense the feeling of what makes, nearly, everypony alive. We... are just drops of morning dew, waiting for something to make us fall to the lower grounds. A kite waiting to be disconnected from the land below, and sail into the sky above."

She paused for a second. "If we ever... see the sun again,... then life will return to harmonic status. The moon is something I long for, but this land provides little pleasure from the sun and moon."
Twilight Sparkle?!

Omega_Khaos

Spoiler: Asterian's/GM's post • show

[quote author=Asterian link=topic=9037.msg749628#msg749628 date=1390167262]
((Okay, let's see if I can nail a GM post... ))

Asterian de-cocked his repeater and looked at Bane with understanding eyes. [glow=yellow,2,300]"Speaking modestly, out of all of us here, I know first-hoof what it is like to trust somepony. The question we all must ask ourselves is are we going to betray each other's trust? I trust Clockwork and Shade... for the time being,"[/glow] he added.

[quote author=bauccgia0 link=topic=9037.msg749611#msg749611 date=1390162968]
[/quote]
The lavender unicorn looked at Laserbolt with slight amusement. "We been here this whole time. Have those Nightmares played with your psyche that much?" she said to him.

"Ah think y'all need ter git back yer senses. Y'all're all at each other's throats. Goin' ta Avalon would be a good idea, in mah opinion. Y'all're gonna need it." Saint Abigail sighed. Rainbow nodded in concurrence, expressing herself as well. "What're we waiting for? Let's get outta this Celestia-forsaken place!" Abigail tensed up slightly at Rainbow's rather offensive choice of words, but she quickly let it pass.

It seemed the choice was unanimous.

[quote author=The Clockwork King link=topic=9037.msg749605#msg749605 date=1390161262]
A return to Avalon will be hard on what roads Discord has tampered with...
[/quote]
Asterian tilted his head and pointed to his horn, indicating his and Chrysteel's spell. [glow=yellow,2,300]"My plan was get there now. Me and Chrysteel could have us all there easily. Everypony gather around."[/glow]

Twilight, Abigail, and Rainbow all stepped forward, ready for the mass teleportation. Asterian began to fuel the spell, his horn glowing.

((Now for Omega_Khaos to respond.))
[/quote]

Chrysteel says, "[glow=navy,2,300]We all do need the time. Also Dash, AJ and Twi, when we get to Avalon I need to have a chat with you privately about an important mater from back then. I can use the hive link teleport to get us there. We would appear right near mother. We should also bring little pie here with us as well. She is laughter. Asterian about your words we all have our own agenda in this. but as long as the final goal remains the same and we work together towards that end. we should not have to worry about darkness, not oblivion darkness mind you shade, pulling us apart before we go our separate ways. BTW Clockwork you have a time aura about you. So I feel it is safe to assume you are similar to The Doctor in some way. Maybe you are or were from the same group of beings.[/glow]" Chrysteel readies herself for the taxing teleport to come.

Chrysteel once everypony is ready start to channel the energy needed for the hive link teleport spell. ((The spell is in a previous post. It was used to transport the hive to Avalon.))

The Clockwork King

Clockwork 'hmph's' at Chrysteel's words, clearly displeased at being lumped in with the common rabble that was the Time Lords. Still, he seldom commented as he stepped closer to the group to be included in the teleport. He turns his attention to Bane and Shade, watching how they conversed, clearly comfortable with each other. In his mind he envied them somewhat, not even the Luna of his world could bring him a comfort like that, so alien even for those with so much alike, but he knew that even with time slowed to a crawl companionship with anyone but his loyal subjects would be snuffed soon enough.
We still require a conversation over what transpired in my mind, Chrysteel, and you had best not forget about it...
CEO of Clockwise Industries, Master of the Empire of Gears, Ave Dominus ex Tempore!

bauccgia0

A voice slipped into Clockwork's mind, as soon as he mentioned it. [glow=black,2,300]PERHAPS YOU SHOULD THINK ABOUT WHAT YOU ACT ON IN YOUR MIND, LORD OF TIME. [/glow]The voice was old, and dark. Then it was gone. Laserbolt was quickening his hoofbeats. [glow=black,2,300]Connections! Right. Let's see, it's like a puzzle. Clockwork and I both like robotics and such. Asterian and Chrysteel are in love. Twi, Dash, and AJ know each other already. Asterian, Twi and I all appreciate magic.[/glow] He giggled, and smiled widely. [glow=green,2,300]That was kind of fun! [/glow] He stopped, and his face went a little blank. Then he laughed again, quieter this time, more low-pitched. [glow=black,2,300]That's funny. I kind of sounded like... Never mind. We need to come up with some form of plan at some point. I understand how the connection thing would help, but we're no closer to freeing the other three ex-elements. That phrase doesn't sit right with me. What should we call them?[/glow] He asked, quizzically.

Omega_Khaos

2014 Jan 20, 10:50:03 #1596 Last Edit: 2014 Jan 20, 10:53:58 by Omega_Khaos
Quote from: The Clockwork King on 2014 Jan 20, 07:07:53
Clockwork 'hmph's' at Chrysteel's words, clearly displeased at being lumped in with the common rabble that was the Time Lords. Still, he seldom commented as he stepped closer to the group to be included in the teleport. He turns his attention to Bane and Shade, watching how they conversed, clearly comfortable with each other. In his mind he envied them somewhat, not even the Luna of his world could bring him a comfort like that, so alien even for those with so much alike, but he knew that even with time slowed to a crawl companionship with anyone but his loyal subjects would be snuffed soon enough.
We still require a conversation over what transpired in my mind, Chrysteel, and you had best not forget about it...

Chrysteel says to clockwork, "[glow=navy,2,300]I know but some of it may have had other repercussions that you or I didn't think could happen. Will talk about it more when the *TIME* is right.[/glow]"
Chrysteel looks to bolt and says, "[glow=navy,2,300]They are still elements but now they are elements of chaos not harmony. As to the what to call them question, I do not know. They are the same but they are not the same. It hard to place. Now I think we should continue this in Avalon. Yall ready? That includes you little Apple Pie.[/glow]"

Bane Emural

"Then we shall set free the sun and moon to this land so that others can live happily underneath. But to find common ground to achieve such thing will be a difficult task one doesn't trust another." Bane slows his pace slightly. He notices the golden dust flying out of his mouth every time he breathes. "I am glad we are heading towards a safe haven, but I must avert my course soon. There is something I must do and I wish not to involve the dangers of revealing Avalon." He suddenly trips and a small wave of golden dust flies off of Bane.

bauccgia0

Laserbolt saluted. [glow=black,2,300]Ready when you are, cap'n![/glow]

Asterian Starfall

Asterian snickered a little at Laserbolt. [glow=yellow,2,300]"Whatever you may. My definition of them changes as time does."[/glow]

He then turned to the others; those who wished to make way to Avalon themselves. [glow=yellow,2,300]"Safe travels, my friends."[/glow] Starfall gave them a tip of his cavalier hat, and he looked forward at the others.

He moved closer to Chrysteel and fed raw power into her spell, channeling it much faster than Chrysteel could have done on her own.

(( Not very good at GMing, but for the sake of the RP, let's continue. ))

There was a sense of weightlessness. Almost like being carried to the heavens without being carried. Suddenly, just as quickly as it started, it had ended.

The group could feel still, pure air wafting through their nostrils, nothing like the air that was in the chaos outside. There was grass under their hooves -- real grass. The sound of clean, fresh water trickled around them. The very ground they stood on seemed to relax each of them, dissolving their worry and doubts. They stood just outside the courtyard of the city's castle.

Twilight began to look around the place as if she was a filly on Hearth's Warming. She seemed positively stunned at the fact of how hidden the Hidden Land really was. "Wow..."

Starfall, once the weightless sense had faded, felt... normal. The spell had hardly drained him, and it seemed as thought Chrysteel felt fine as well. Asterian was about to turn around and talk to the others when he came to a sudden realization. Wasn't Twilight friends with the Queen once? [glow=yellow,2,300]"Everypony, I will return shortly. I have something to see to."[/glow] He darted up the stairs at once, eager to find Queen Cadence.
"Luck is how you explain an overly-variabled scenario that went in your favor." - Asterian Élire Starfall

Go Up