World of Discord (OOC)

Started by The Wandering Magus, 2013 Sep 01, 21:51:45

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

The Wandering Magus

2013 Sep 01, 21:51:45 Last Edit: 2013 Sep 12, 13:17:19 by The Wandering Magus
Sign-up: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=9025
RP: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=9037

Discord won, Twilight failed to go upstairs, never read the letters, never cured herself.  A thousand years later, the world is, quite literally, Tartarus.  Clouds rain exploding chocolate milk, knives, acid, nitroglycerin, giant squids, anything besides water.  The ground has been checkered purple and blue since anypony could remember, aside from within Avalon.  What's grass?  The Six Minions, especially Lady Cruelty, Angry Pie, Rarigreed and Twilight Tragedy, do Big Banana Discord's will, dealing with any magic users still alive and spreading the eternal chaos.  A grey pegasus with a blonde mane limps around the Castle of Chaos on broken legs, with a filly-shaped muffin on her back.  Crows claw at it.  She defends it.  The deal was seven quadrillion laps.  She's made one-point-three quadrillion.

Yet hope endures.  Unicorns that fled south to Zebraci mixed over the years, both species vanishing and melding into modern-day Virgacorns that do their best to survive in this world in secret.  Pegasi and Griffons no longer exist, having melded into hippogriffs, isolating themselves as best as they can in the cotton-candy clouds of ancient Cloudsdale.  Earth ponies and Donkeys long ago melded, but their strength and determination allows them to farm their stone bread and rock pies and survive in this world.

Saint Liarjack does her best, despite the Element of Deceit pulsating where her heart should have been, to be kind and help the suffering citizens of the Capitol of Chaos.  Traitor Dash is an enigma, but at the very least she helps about as often as she betrays.  The impossible choices thrown at her broke her will long ago, but perhaps there is hope left.

Queen Tiamat watches over Her brood, having gathered all dragons and ponies-turned-dragons to Her domain.  Changeling Queen Cadance, with her angelic feather-winged Changeling swarm, holds out in the hidden land of Avalon in the midst of the Everfree Forest, somehow using her harmony magic to prevent Chaos from spreading there.  The dragon-goddess and the Changeling Queen are the closest thing this world has to benevolent rulers, and many refugees have already fled to their respective lands.

Some time ago, the Valeyard personality was forcibly regenerated onto the Doctor, but surprisingly there has been little noticeable change.  Perhaps that is because the Time Lord already rewrote history so many times that there is no more change or contradiction.  Or the ponies have simply stopped trying to make sense of things, because... what fun is there in making sense?

There is another beacon of hope in the Capitol of Chaos itself: the Apple Pie farm.  Saint Applebloom the Heart-healer made it as much of a refuge as was possible in the first decades after having the Blank Curse forced upon her, and after three hundred years managed to bring peace to the denizens of Sunnytown.  Her descendants, and that of Octavia Pie, now farm the rock apples on Sweet Rock Acres in relative peace, mourning the relatives that pass when they can, stoically carrying on when they cannot, and leaving an empty space at the table for those they know have been taken despite not even remembering they ever existed.  There are many, many graves in the fields now.  After Liarjack gave her sister the kindest of lies to allow her to find her eternal rest, the family kept her ashes in a small urn buried somewhere on the farm.

Diamond King Barkintosh and his wife Winona continue to rule the now-crystalline and much, MUCH wiser Diamond Dogs in their underground kingdom, with Guru Fido trading with the Apple Pies now and then to exchange food for tools and necessary skills long-forgotten.

There is despair, but there is also hope.  It is not a world of perfection or harmony in any sense of the term, but perhaps, in time, a group of adventurers may show themselves worthy of the Elements of Harmony and convert the Elements of Chaos.

Inspired by Alexwarlorn's Dark World fanfic.  As a Shadow Who Watches, I now become a Shadow Who Writes, bending one branch of that Heartworld to observe.  Whether good can come of this, who save Fauna Luster, The Father of Alicorns, Entropy, and Havoc, can say?  How this world progresses now lies in the hooves of the Shadows Who Play...

original fanfic: http://alexwarlorn.deviantart.com

This is now the OOC thread.  Please keep all OOC questions, comments, discussions etc here and NOT in the Sign-up or RP.
(sorry Bakasan, chose this image)
Descriptions and art of my OCs here: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=2636
my art: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=298
visiting soldier sister, be back 8/12/2013

blobking156

MAKE THIS NOW! my character meddles in the affairs of pocket dimensions, alternate universes (mostly timelines), and these things all the time. it could be the consequence with replacing the library stairs with toilet water while he was having too much fun in the discorded ponyville. or something like that

Omega_Khaos

Hey Magus, may I bring Chrysteel into this? Because the way you described cadence's changelings Chrysteel would fit right on in there. And her love and hope trait forms could be of help here. though not going to make them as powerful as in 'Metagame!'.

GoldenTerrabyte

I'm back

The Wandering Magus

If at least five players show interest in this game, I will create it.
Descriptions and art of my OCs here: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=2636

The Wandering Magus

This is now the OOC thread.  the RP has been created.

Shadechaser

:P I just need to post something in here to be notified in the New post thing...

The intro thing is kinda... fitting ^-^ but :I gloomy at this time...
Your Brony Personality Test reveals...
Twilight Sparkle?!
Judge not, unless thee be judged first in the kingdom of God.
Mathew 7 1:3

Omega_Khaos

bleyd

lol the only that isnt unicorn me  :I

The Wandering Magus

Quote from: bleyd on 2013 Sep 12, 15:12:10
there's a changeling here as well :]  although it's rather odd that they are unicorns rather than Virgacorns, Hippogriffs or other changelings, since the standard races (besides Earth Ponies, which assimilated the Donkeys) are essentially extinct at this point in time.

GoldenTerrabyte

Quote from: The Wandering Magus on 2013 Sep 12, 15:34:30
there's a changeling here as well :]  although it's rather odd that they are unicorns rather than Virgacorns[/u], Hippogriffs or other changelings, since the standard races (besides Earth Ponies, which assimilated the Donkeys) are essentially extinct at this point in time.
Virgacorns?
I'm back

Asterian Starfall

there's a changeling here as well :]  although it's rather odd that they are unicorns rather than Virgacorns, Hippogriffs or other changelings, since the standard races (besides Earth Ponies, which assimilated the Donkeys) are essentially extinct at this point in time.

Everypony's so used to the three races it's second-hoof nature to choose them. But like you said, they're not quite extinct. Perhaps a group of each managed to survive someplace?  :s
"Luck is how you explain an overly-variabled scenario that went in your favor." - Asterian Élire Starfall

Shadechaser

Shadechaser was lost in her dreams and seemingly protected by the shadows... and is known to none in this world. Shade was once one with the place of her origin, yet she seems to know more about it now in this world of ever change. As Shade slept the shadows seemed to have taken her back into hiding, yet as the time came, Shade was pushed back into the real world... Shade survived by her natural ability to act while unconscious and manipulate the shadows at will. Come to think of it, Shade had no existence in this world while Discord was taking over. :/
Twilight Sparkle?!

The Wandering Magus

Quote from: Yellowpikmin476 on 2013 Sep 12, 15:53:22
there's a changeling here as well :]  although it's rather odd that they are unicorns rather than Virgacorns[/u], Hippogriffs or other changelings, since the standard races (besides Earth Ponies, which assimilated the Donkeys) are essentially extinct at this point in time.
Virgacorns?
a seamlessly mixed race of horned, striped creatures capable of magic and alchemy.  most do NOT rhyme.  the name is a melding of the word "unicorn" and the latin term for "striped", according to my source.

Quote from: Asterian on 2013 Sep 12, 15:56:29

Everypony's so used to the three races it's second-hoof nature to choose them. But like you said, they're not quite extinct. Perhaps a group of each managed to survive someplace?  :s
perhaps, perhaps, especially within Avalon and any secluded Everfree areas.  It's merely been one thousand years, after all.  Perhaps clusters still exist, as you say.
Quote from: Shadechaser on 2013 Sep 12, 16:04:08
Shadechaser was lost in her dreams and seemingly protected by the shadows... and is known to none in this world. Shade was once one with the place of her origin, yet she seems to know more about it now in this world of ever change. As Shade slept the shadows seemed to have taken her back into hiding, yet as the time came, Shade was pushed back into the real world... Shade survived by her natural ability to act while unconscious and manipulate the shadows at will. Come to think of it, Shade had no existence in this world while Discord was taking over. :/
I wonder what the shadows now think of this world, where despair reigns supreme and the Sun Princess is frozen in gold, buried deep beneath the earth...

Asterian Starfall

2013 Sep 12, 16:58:06 #14 Last Edit: 2013 Sep 12, 17:37:39 by Asterian
I guess this is implied, but by that logic there are surviving Pegasi and Earth-Pony groups as well.
"Luck is how you explain an overly-variabled scenario that went in your favor." - Asterian Élire Starfall

narwhaliagames

my pony is 3 ponies in one!!! :D
ay i'm no longer using this site

Shadechaser

Quote from: The Wandering Magus on 2013 Sep 12, 16:52:35
I wonder what the shadows now think of this world, where despair reigns supreme and the Sun Princess is frozen in gold, buried deep beneath the earth...
Hmm... let me check with the leader of the [glow=black,2,300]Shadows[/glow]...

After hours of discussion, we came to a conclusion that is world is worse that the Oblivion itself. Most ponies that lived in the Oblivion found life boring and did not want to find happiness. This world seems to be one that had hope that was lost within all that actually called the place "home" and still the world has nothing that makes sense, and no veil of dark to cover the fact. ((Well, gravity works... at least for the ponies that know of logic.)) There is a constant struggle to return any logic. (Unless I misread.)

Oh, and Asterian. lol I think you should preview your post before you actually post them. x3 'cause that make sense... o.O
Twilight Sparkle?!

Asterian Starfall

Quote from: Shadechaser on 2013 Sep 12, 17:15:15

Oh, and Asterian. lol I think you should preview your post before you actually post them. x3 'cause that make sense... o.O

Hmm? I don't follow. Which of my posts doesn't make sense?

Shadechaser

Okay. I will tell you... wait... show...

Quote from: Asterian on 2013 Sep 12, 16:58:06
Quote from: Asterian on 2013 Sep 12, 15:56:29
perhaps, perhaps, especially within Avalon and any secluded Everfree areas.  It's merely been one thousand years, after all.  Perhaps clusters still exist, as you say.
Quote from: Shadechaser on 2013 Sep 12, 16:04:08
I guess this is implied, but by that logic there are surviving Pegasi and Earth-Pony groups as well.
:P Der weh go
Twilight Sparkle?!

Asterian Starfall

2013 Sep 12, 17:36:45 #19 Last Edit: 2013 Sep 12, 17:38:30 by Asterian
In that post all I was saying is that if Unicorns are indeed surviving in a group somewhere, then Pegasi and Earth Ponies must also be.

EDIT: There was a coding error... I simply copied, deleted, then pasted the text back in and it fixed it.

Go Up