Darkness Before Dawn (RP, not a jump-in)

Started by The Wandering Magus, 2013 Jun 11, 13:33:59

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

SuperNovaNightmare

Wrath nodded.

"Yes, lets."

He pulled himself into an available seat, and waited once more, trying to figure out as to why he felt the way he did.

bauccgia0

As Laserbolt sat in the flying machine, he leaned back and stared at the ceiling. He blinked, and for a moment, thought he saw something. Something, outside of reality as he knew it. And then it was gone.

Okay...

Bravo 658

Wavelength remembered a few tests of vehicles somewhat like this one, and he remembered that they took a minute to start spinning.  He started pedaling to get the rotors moving while they waited for Pinkie Pie to take the "helm".

bauccgia0

Laserbolt followed suit, if only to pretend he was doing something.

The Wandering Magus

Pinkie hopped aboard, pulled goggles out of nowhere, and laughed out loud as the crazy contraption began to lift into the air.  A candy cane colored speaking tube came out of the roof of the vehicle and descended directly to her face.

"This is your Pinkie speaking!  Let's go save the world!"

Without rhyme or reason, the rotors suddenly spun faster, and they rocketed off in the direction of Cloudsdale, trailing pink rainbows.
(sorry Bakasan, chose this image)
Descriptions and art of my OCs here: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=2636
my art: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=298
visiting soldier sister, be back 8/12/2013

Bravo 658

Wavelength mentally began to freak out about how insane every aspect of this vehicle now was, but that freakout quickly turned into a freakout of the freakout.  Don't think about it, don't think about it, don't think about it...  He muted external sounds from his helmet, squeezed his eyes shut, and started nervously singing to himself.

bauccgia0

Laserbolt's response was to simply wonder how rainbows could be described as pink. He turned to the pony that said it, then realized, no one had.

I'm spending too much time around you, Pinks. I'm starting to get Pinkie Poisoning, or something.

SuperNovaNightmare

Wrath smiled.

"Well, I for one think it is a good change of..."

He stopped, his smile disappearing instantly.

"I never smile for being happy, and happy things usually pain me... Geez what did that thing DO to me?"

Wrath said, alarmed of what he had done for the first time ever.

The Wandering Magus

Pinkie giggled as she pedaled faster.  "It's called character development!" she laughed, and her Laughter seemed to create a sphere of bright pink Hope around the vehicle as they tore through the murk of Nothingness en route to Cloudsdale.

The sky-city was a thing of strange angles, and much, much taller vertically than in the "real" world, owing to the fact that many ponies had an expressed fear of heights.  It was also twisting and winding and very confusing, owing to fear of getting lost, and always at the edge of hearing was the sound of mechanical blades.  The horror story of the Rainbow Factory may not have been believed by the adults, but the children certainly were afraid of it, and fear was made real here.  They could feel a Judging eye somewhere, everywhere, watching them, and birds that seemed... unnatural, just out of sight.

Dash's house should have floated somewhere nearby this place.  It would be glowing cyan.
Descriptions and art of my OCs here: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=2636

bauccgia0

Ugh. The Factory. Wished I'd be able to forget that horror story. Good to know it exists here. Just more evidence that my own personal monster is hiding somewhere in Everfree. Thank Luna we already have Fluttershy. Laserbolt took out a spyglass to begin looking for Dash's house. Gotta be around here somewhere, right?

ArtVeigar

Tian was humming a song in the same rhythm of the factory machines' sound, and after a while, the rhythm changed to another song. - "Now I've awoken, and I'm taking back control" - She sang with a smile. - "To be honest, this is the first time I'm coming here. It's kinda sad knowing it won't be as cheerful and colorful as I would expect." - She started to take a look at the dark and unexpectedly tall city, with all the mystery around it. A chill runned her spine. - "And I don't know if I'm going crazy from staying here too much, but I'm starting to find an unique beautiful in these things affected by the frightening concept of this plane."

SuperNovaNightmare

Wrath gazed upon the shadowed city, and felt a little nostalgic.

"Hmm, looks so familiar, but it's not the same. And this factory you speak of... what is it exactly? I've never heard of it before."

He said.

Bravo 658

The armored figure everypony knew contained Wavelength was slowly nodding back and forth like it was uttering some kind of chant while it idly pedaled, completely oblivious to everything happening outside.  Truth be told, he was--at this point--afraid he wouldn't make it back to Confetty with his mind intact if he opened his eyes again.

bauccgia0

2013 Dec 13, 15:44:35 #513 Last Edit: 2013 Dec 13, 16:39:15 by Chishio Kunrin
Laserbolt opened his mouth, then shut it again, instead opting to give Wrath a small pamphlet, containing the story of the Rainbow Factory. I'd rather not think about it.

((Moderator's note: Please remember to keep things G-Rated.))

The Wandering Magus

They could see a faint cyan light flickering out there somewhere, between the imposing columns of the Weather Factory, and an exaggeratedly large thundercloud filled with all sorts of horrible things, mostly manifestations of the Nothing that was currently hiding from the ever-present pink, orange, yellow and light blue glow surrounding the strange "Pinkiecopter".

"And that's when everything always goes wrong," sighed Pinkie.

"Consarn it, Pinkie, d'ya haf'ta jinx it like that?!" cried a panicking AJ as an enormous hurricane manifested about a mile in front of them, cutting them off from Dash's house.

"Sorry!"

ArtVeigar

Arty and Tian were startled by the enormous hurricane, and started pedaling faster. - "Time for some heavy turbulence, everypony! We need to get around that thing!"

"I don't think we can do it! Let's retreat!" - Said Arty with a louder voice, to get it over the sound of the forming hurricane.

"No, that's their goal! We need to have faith and try! If we see we really can't do it, we retreat!" - She answered as loud as Arty.

"And hope it won't be too late...."

Go Up