Possible references?

Started by GoldenTerrabyte, 2013 Apr 12, 12:53:24

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

GoldenTerrabyte

I know good ol' Lauren isn't working on the show anymore, but do you think in the future there might be references to the other shows by Lauren Faust? (Powerpuff Girls and Foster's Home For Imaginary Friends) AND, see if you can find any in the episodes already out. Post any of your thoughts or findings on this subject here. Either possible ideas for future refs, or references that are already in the show. Ready? Set? SEARCH!
I'm back

Book Smarts

Madam Foster can be seen sitting inside the train on both the Season II and III opening. ^-^

Midnight Breeze

Quote from: Book Smarts on 2013 Apr 12, 15:40:28
Madam Foster can be seen sitting inside the train on both the Season II and III opening. ^-^

I'm pretty sure that's supposed to be the priest pony.

HerpyDooves

Do they really have a priest pony in the show? Or is that fan-made?

And sadly, if you look closely, you'll notice that it really isn't her. Really close, though. I think they did try to make him look like her.

Lord of Madness

ether way, every show ever created has some referencing in it. So I predict in time MLP will reference many other shows. All it needs is time.

Spencer the Pegasus Guard

Two things:

1.) They have a lot of references in the show. Just look for them.

2.) Off topic but I just need to say this. Madness, your OC's new hair makes me think of Steven Magnet. So now whenever I picture you OC talking he'll sound like him.
I have a Tin Foil hat....I am 100 percent okay with this.

Cotton Ball

Quote from: HerpyDooves on 2013 Apr 12, 18:41:25

And sadly, if you look closely, you'll notice that it really isn't her. Really close, though. I think they did try to make him look like her.

Its a priest pony watch this song

Pause at 25 second you see a funeral
[move][/move]
Don't be a salad, be the best broccoli you could ever be.

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Cotton Ball on 2013 Jun 06, 19:01:57
Quote from: HerpyDooves on 2013 Apr 12, 18:41:25

Its a priest pony watch this song
Spoiler: show

Pause at 25 second you see a funeral

It is a funeral! :I I never paid close enough attention to know what he was doing! I thought maybe he was just giving a sermon or somepony was getting married or something. I never noticed the coffin in the background.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Cotton Ball

Chishio, I noticed a long time ago
[move][/move]

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Cotton Ball on 2013 Jun 07, 05:16:29
Chishio, I noticed a long time ago

I know. Me saying "It is a funeral! :I" is me going "Wait, what? A funeral? I don't remember that. I thought it was a sermon or a wedding. *Watches the video* .... O: It really is a funeral! WHOA!"

Cotton Ball

I know right. Also why put that in a kids show!
[move][/move]

Chishio Kunrin

Well, it was kind of subtle.

Why have Fluttershy say "I don't give a flying feather" in a kid's show? My heart skipped a beat when she said it.
Why have Spike make an Appletini joke about Applejack being tiny? Yes, it's an alcohol joke. It plays on Applejack's name being the name of an alcoholic drink.

GoldenTerrabyte

Well, unless they have REALLY stupid parents, kids wouldn't get those jokes anyway.
I'm back

mane6

There is a Disney refrence in fim s1 at the gala  were celestia jumps over canterlot and leaves golden sparkles.
If there's one thing you know you are, it's #1! You tend to be competitive by nature and love to show off your talents at every available moment, but that's often because you've put in a lot of practice to perfect your techniques and want to take pride in your effort. Because of this, you sometimes

Cotton Ball

[move][/move]

Go Up