Today's Smile

Started by Little Judas, 2012 Aug 16, 20:12:51

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

MarshyMellow

The first day of 2016 was actually pretty good for me! :)

Hoping that the rest of the year will be greater, though!  ^-^

Birds don't just fly they fall down and get up
Nobody learns without getting it wrong

Chishio Kunrin

Rooster Teeth has been doing a lot of talking-up about RWBY turning mature, and none of us have been sure whether to take it seriously or not.

"RWBY will get more mature as it goes on"
"There are some darker, more mature themes that RWBY will have to address due to the story"
"Volume 3 is the start of RWBY becoming darker. It's like if Harry Potter skipped books 2-5." - Miles and Kerry
The Volume 3 opening seems really dark and foreboding, but no one has been sure whether we should take that seriously either, considering the Volume 2 opening didn't exactly give us what it implied it would. Though, to be fair, some of the stuff from Volume 3 was originally planned to be in Volume 2. They simply realized that there were some pacing issues if they did that.

Anyway...
Now?
Now, I feel like we really should take it seriously.
Gray Haddock posted a journal on Rooster Teeth's website, stating that people who are responsible for the much younger viewers of RWBY may need to start watching the episodes by themselves before deciding whether or not to show them to kids.

Interesting that this journal was posted the day before the new RWBY episode, which the sneak peek has shown will be
Spoiler: show
some backstory on the villains. Amber also showed up in the sneak peek. ;)

So, I'm kinda happy that RWBY is finally gonna start getting a little more serious and mature! :3

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Chromastone64

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2016 Jan 02, 04:17:50
Rooster Teeth has been doing a lot of talking-up about RWBY turning mature, and none of us have been sure whether to take it seriously or not.

"RWBY will get more mature as it goes on"
"There are some darker, more mature themes that RWBY will have to address due to the story"
"Volume 3 is the start of RWBY becoming darker. It's like if Harry Potter skipped books 2-5." - Miles and Kerry
The Volume 3 opening seems really dark and foreboding, but no one has been sure whether we should take that seriously either, considering the Volume 2 opening didn't exactly give us what it implied it would. Though, to be fair, some of the stuff from Volume 3 was originally planned to be in Volume 2. They simply realized that there were some pacing issues if they did that.

Anyway...
Now?
Now, I feel like we really should take it seriously.
Gray Haddock posted a journal on Rooster Teeth's website, stating that people who are responsible for the much younger viewers of RWBY may need to start watching the episodes by themselves before deciding whether or not to show them to kids.

Interesting that this journal was posted the day before the new RWBY episode, which the sneak peek has shown will be
some backstory on the villains. Amber also showed up in the sneak peek. ;)

So, I'm kinda happy that RWBY is finally gonna start getting a little more serious and mature! :3

Me and my friend just saw "Fall", and that ending is JUST like something I remember from an old cartoon/anime/show I saw ages ago called Redakai. Me and him have been making up theories ever since.
A self-proclaimed "jack-of-all-media-types". I tend to say "freaking" a lot.<br />My OCs: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=13316.0

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Chromastone64 on 2016 Jan 02, 13:15:19
Me and my friend just saw "Fall", and that ending is JUST like something I remember from an old cartoon/anime/show I saw ages ago called Redakai. Me and him have been making up theories ever since.

I just saw the newest episode, which is currently Rooster Teeth Sponsors only (it'll be public on their website tomorrow (Sunday, January 3rd, at 10 AM CST)), and I've gotta say, it provides answers for some of the stuff that happened in Fall.

The episode is called Beginning of the End, which suits a villain flashback episode pretty well.

LostSanity

OMG.

I DID IT.

I DON'T CARE IF I GOT LUCKY.

I DON'T CARE IF I WOULD LOSE AGAIN IF I TRIED FIGHTING HIM AGAIN.

BECAUSE I WON.

I BEAT LINGERING WILL.

:D
[shadow=gray,left]I'M ONLY HAPPY WHEN IT REIGNS[/shadow]

The Roman Reigns of the forum

Midnight Breeze

Living on the second floor is great. My apartment is never, ever colder than 60F, even when it's below freezing outside. So If I'm fully clothed I don't need heating at all. At night I have an electric blanket which uses a mere fraction of the energy central heating does.

Complement to the two suckers above and below me paying for heating. I appreciate the convection.

LostSanity

I'll be moving on to Birth By Sleep Final Mix now.

Though... I've NEVER dealt with that game before. I've only watched a Let's Play of it on YouTube.

I'm afraid for my life.

:I

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: LostSanity on 2016 Jan 06, 18:06:49
I'll be moving on to Birth By Sleep Final Mix now.

Though... I've NEVER dealt with that game before. I've only watched a Let's Play of it on YouTube.

I'm afraid for my life.

:I

The command deck system is so fun! O: SO FUN!!! :3 I love it! When I played, I was grinding for levels because I wanted to, not because I had to!!

I'm actually slightly disappointed that they left that system behind and seem to have gone back to the usual command menu in KH3. It's fine, though. Both are cool. ^-^

Pipkin

My laptop decided to crash this morning, first day of classes.  Had to perform emergency surgery, Drive transplant, but after lots of rest and drivers(And a cat nap for me), she's ready to go.

And about 1 billion times faster.  Put in a SSD.  Can you say 5 second boot time?

Also getting my playstation back.  Not under the best circumstances, nor by my own volition, but it'll be nice to be reunited again

Chromastone64

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2016 Jan 06, 19:32:44
The command deck system is so fun! O: SO FUN!!! :3 I love it! When I played, I was grinding for levels because I wanted to, not because I had to!!

I'm actually slightly disappointed that they left that system behind and seem to have gone back to the usual command menu in KH3. It's fine, though. Both are cool. ^-^

That's exactly why it's my favourite KH game :)
A self-proclaimed "jack-of-all-media-types". I tend to say "freaking" a lot.<br />My OCs: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=13316.0

Howitzer

My favorite band is coming to play at The Taste Of (my town) this summer. I can't wait to see them again!
LoE not working as it should? Submit bugs here: http://phabricator.legendsofequestria.com/maniphest/task/edit/form/1/
------->  Jurassic Systems <-----------

Lync Volan

Found all the puppies in kingdom hearts ovO!
sure i googled em but still :D

Jcfraven

Elder Scrolls Online, despite popular consensus, isn't too awfully bad. I've been enjoying it, truthfully. Not the best MMO I've ever played(DDO and Guild Wars 2 takes that prize), but it's not bad either.

Lync Volan

I'm super happy today cause i was able to work up the nerve to start "Final Fantasy XIII Lightning Returns" and the battle system still feels sorta similar to the past games though its ALOT HARDER and there doesn't seem to be a leveling system (yeah your stats grow higher as you do side missions but still), not to mention you have to block to survive which i simply ADORE! 

all the outfits seem cool but i'm sticking with her Etro & Corps uniform along with Clouds uniform cause there so iconic and i love em :3!

only thing that's lame is there is a clock thingy so i might not be able to do all the missions correctly and i only seem to get one shot i think?

LostSanity

MLP Comic 'Siege of the Crystal Empire' arc.

BECAUSE THAT'S HOW YOU DO REFORMATION/REDEMPTION

>:O

*prepares to fight alone for my opinion again*

:l

Sweet Brew

Last night it snowed! <3
"A place so beautiful it can't be real, it seems."

Lync Volan

Quote from: Sweet Brew on 2016 Jan 12, 19:20:44
Last night it snowed! <3
"A place so beautiful it can't be real, it seems."
Gosh i love snow!

Chromastone64

2016 Jan 14, 16:47:16 #6937 Last Edit: 2016 Jan 14, 16:49:22 by Chromastone64
I got Tales Of Zestiria, my first Tales Of and I have to say, I LOVE EVERY SINGLE PARTY MEMBER! Mikleo is EXACTLY like my best friend.
Spoiler: Plus his design is AWESOME. I need to ask someone to draw Azure in his outfit! • show

Plus it has costumes, music changing, a water element, and MULTIPLAYER.
AMAZING.

Gypsy

My today's smile is that Loki and my other rabbit SnowBelle bonded <3 Now they're always hugging and kissing.
So cute <3

Howitzer

I've almost got myself a full useable Scout trooper helmet from Star Wars that's homemade.

Also, anyone know how to get superglue off their keyboard?
LoE not working as it should? Submit bugs here: http://phabricator.legendsofequestria.com/maniphest/task/edit/form/1/
------->  Jurassic Systems <-----------

Go Up