Today's Smile

Started by Little Judas, 2012 Aug 16, 20:12:51

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

LostSanity

Just completed Spiral.

I don't care if it's "all filler" (according to someone on another forum) or not.

THIS ANIME.

ALL OF IT.

JUST ALL OF IT.

ACE ATTORNEY IN ANIME FORM.

THIS is the kind of anime I need to watch.

Manga's just as good too. I'm getting close to finishing NHK manga so it'll be my main priority soon.

Either way... this is SERIOUSLY the BEST anime I've watched in a LONG time. I'm not even kidding.

EVERYONE GO WATCH THIS RIGHT NOW. ESPECIALLY if your an Ace Attorney fan like me. You won't regret it. Trust me. Make sure to read the manga from the beginning too.

JUST. AWESOME.

:3

Next up... another mystery. With action.

Persona 4 The Animation. Why?

BECAUSE I LIKE TO REACH OUT TO THE TRUTH.

That's why.

:P
[shadow=gray,left]I'M ONLY HAPPY WHEN IT REIGNS[/shadow]

The Roman Reigns of the forum

Chishio Kunrin

Every few weeks, I've made a random post on Facebook, mentioning how I miss ice cream, especially since we've been waiting for months for Blue Bell ice cream to be safe enough to sell again, and a few months ago, I posted about how I don't understand why Girl Scouts ice cream is such a rare thing because it's amazingly delicious and how I loved the Thin Mint ice cream.

Well... today, a family friend randomly showed up to give us a container of Thin Mint ice cream she just bought for me! O:
That was soooo sweet and awesome of her, and she didn't have to do it! I'm gonna thank her so much! :D (I was taking a nap when she stopped by X3)

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Lync Volan

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2015 Aug 09, 00:51:01
Every few weeks, I've made a random post on Facebook, mentioning how I miss ice cream, especially since we've been waiting for months for Blue Bell ice cream to be safe enough to sell again, and a few months ago, I posted about how I don't understand why Girl Scouts ice cream is such a rare thing because it's amazingly delicious and how I loved the Thin Mint ice cream.

Well... today, a family friend randomly showed up to give us a container of Thin Mint ice cream she just bought for me! O:
That was soooo sweet and awesome of her, and she didn't have to do it! I'm gonna thank her so much! :D (I was taking a nap when she stopped by X3)
Mint Ice cream is my favorite :3 and i'm still wondering why there ain't no scouts around where i live :s

LostSanity

So... Akame ga Kill! officially began it's run on Toonami.

Pretty interesting so far. I like it. Looking forward to where the show goes from here and what's so "controversial" about episode 17.

o.O
[shadow=gray,left]I'M ONLY HAPPY WHEN IT REIGNS[/shadow]

The Roman Reigns of the forum

Howitzer

Got my first job today, just in time too.
LoE not working as it should? Submit bugs here: http://phabricator.legendsofequestria.com/maniphest/task/edit/form/1/
------->  Jurassic Systems <-----------

Spacecase101

Quote from: Howitzer on 2015 Aug 09, 21:21:09
Got my first job today, just in time too.
Mucho congrats Howitzer!! :3 Now you can pay me back the 20 dollars you owe me.  :'(

LIFE AS STRANGE AS IT SEEMS.
IT LIES ON ITS SIDE AND SCREAMS!!
We are many...We are one...HOMELINGS!! Mucho of de Wooting!!

Stardust Dragon

Something possessed me to go listening to the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Blue soundtrack tonight.  While I was suddenly reminded that I'm over twice as old as something I call "nostalgic", and that made me feel kinda weird, I eventually worked my way through all those songs with the strongest feels-values for me.  Still kicks like a mule right in the heart. :')  I don't care how old I get, childhood wonders are something that shouldn't be totally abandoned.

Elphyda

A very special somepony came back from her month long vacation yesterday.  Now I get to see her again. <3

Julius

I had the time of my life at Bronycon. Heading back home on the train right now. ono
Purr~

Midnight Breeze

Schmoozin' the boss, like a boss.  B)

Chromastone64

My bro's a WoW addict. However, there's one thing he's NEVER done. And while it may be on another game (Final Fantasy XIV), they're basically the same.
I completed a dungeon.
AS A HEALER.
Suprisingly it wasn't that hard (even if it was the easiest dungeon in the whole game), and I really felt like a big contribution to the team.
What made it better was that even when I said it was my first time healing ever, EVERY player in the party gave me a player commendation!
Maybe I should keep going as a healer. Though, it feels really weird healing friends instead of blasting baddies.
A self-proclaimed "jack-of-all-media-types". I tend to say "freaking" a lot.<br />My OCs: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=13316.0

Chishio Kunrin

So, I just saw news that Steve-O climbed a 100-foot crane in Los Angeles to hang up an inflatable orca whale and set off fireworks in protest of SeaWorld, and he livestreamed the whole thing. :3 He got arrested for it, but I think it was worth it! He probably knew there'd be consequences, considering this isn't the first time he's done something to protest SeaWorld. Apparently, last year, he received a fine for changing a traffic sign from saying "SeaWorld" to saying "SeaWorld SUCKS"

You keep doin' what you're doin', Steve-O. :]

Chromastone64

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2015 Aug 11, 03:39:53
So, I just saw news that Steve-O climbed a 100-foot crane in Los Angeles to hang up an inflatable orca whale and set off fireworks in protest of SeaWorld, and he livestreamed the whole thing. :3 He got arrested for it, but I think it was worth it! He probably knew there'd be consequences, considering this isn't the first time he's done something to protest SeaWorld. Apparently, last year, he received a fine for changing a traffic sign from saying "SeaWorld" to saying "SeaWorld SUCKS"

You keep doin' what you're doin', Steve-O. :]

What's SeaWorld? I'm assuming it's an aquarium with a less-then-stellar reputation.
A self-proclaimed "jack-of-all-media-types". I tend to say "freaking" a lot.<br />My OCs: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=13316.0

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Chromastone64 on 2015 Aug 11, 04:11:04
What's SeaWorld? I'm assuming it's an aquarium with a less-then-stellar reputation.

SeaWorld is a company that has ocean-themed parks, most well-known for the performances they have orcas do for crowds of people. They've become seen as controversial due to how they keep their orcas and how they have a tendency to outright lie to the public about orcas. They don't want park visitors to realize that something is amiss between the true facts about orcas and what the orcas in their parks are like.

For example, they claim that orcas in captivity live longer, when it has been seen that orcas in the wild can live up to 100 years, while the orcas in SeaWorld have a tendency to live to maybe 20 or 30.
They also lie about limp dorsal fins. Limp, floppy dorsal fins are rare in the wild, but extremely common in SeaWorld.

The pools that the orcas are kept in are too small, and that is actually the source of most of the problems.
- Orcas in the wild tend to travel long distances. The orcas in the SeaWorld parks don't like being cooped up like that and can end up doing strange things out of boredom and stress, which can get them hurt, such as repeatedly headbutting walls.
- Orcas have a matriarchal (run by females) society, and if two orcas have a problem with each other in the wild, they generally just stay away from each other to avoid conflict. In captivity, they don't have enough room to avoid each other, so they end up fighting, and females can also end up bullying the males for being too close. It's been said that SeaWorld paints over the tooth marks and scars that many of the orcas have.
- In the wild, different groups of orcas rarely meet, but SeaWorld tends to put orcas from different regions together in the same place, and this causes conflict. The orcas know when others are from some other region, since they have different dialects of communication. Miscommunication among any species has a tendency to cause conflict.

In the wild, orcas stay with their mothers for life. SeaWorld has a tendency to take orcas' babies away from them and ship them to other parks, especially when the baby becomes too much of a distraction for the mother orca. Mother orcas have actually expressed that this upsets them.

Also, there's a reason humans are not allowed in the pools with the orcas anymore, and it's not for the orcas' safety. Just saying.

If people get SeaWorld shut down or make it to where SeaWorld can no longer keep orcas, all of their orcas will be transported to sanctuaries that have extremely large ocean enclosures, as they aren't suited to live in the wild between the fact that they grew up having fish tossed to them and how many of them have broken a lot of their teeth. They'll be able to more comfortably live the rest of their days with plenty of room to swim around.

MarshyMellow

Finally got my hands on this little guy! :D

Saw 3 of these and got one at a Hot Topic yesterday!  :3

Birds don't just fly they fall down and get up
Nobody learns without getting it wrong

Jcfraven

I'm late by four days on this one, but I got to see someone who graduated last year, that I really miss(she was a motherly figure to me, showed me a lot of love and care). I also got to get a hug, and it made my day, despite how poor the day was apart from that [emoji14]

Midnight Breeze

The north Texas heatwave appears to be over.

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2015 Aug 12, 02:18:25
The north Texas heatwave appears to be over.

Yesterday, we were talking about how it hadn't rained in three months and all the plants were drying out and we had a burn ban going on. It was more than 100 degrees out. And then once we got home from running errands, it suddenly stormed, and the temperature went down 20 degrees. ovO

Lync Volan

I might be able to make that 66$ in just the nick of time but i better not jinx it X3
Must! Help! Dad! Replace! Windows! I MUST!

Little Star

Being able to talk to new friends I met at BronyCon ^-^
and of course, the old friends <3

Go Up