Today's Smile

Started by Little Judas, 2012 Aug 16, 20:12:51

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Stardust Dragon

Totally forgot the date on the new soundtrack when it was announced at the BABScon panel, so I got a great surprise looking at Equestria Daily.  It's out NOW!  O:

I was looking forward to this one, especially the new mix/mashup that was revealed last weekend.  Got a couple pleasant surprises on it too...now I'm just hoping we see those few songs we're missing sooner rather than later. 

And yes, I bought Itunes, because it's the only Apple product I've ever used.  Too lazy to change music players.  X3

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Sunshine Smash on 2015 Apr 13, 04:13:40
Seems like one of those bets where it's a win/win. If the bet is to win a game, you kinda have all the time you need. You can just say, "No no, I'm still trying to complete it." as an excuse, and you never have to watch the movie anyways.

I can't remember if he set a time limit or not. He might have.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

LostSanity

Actually...

It's more of a "challenge" then a "bet."

Challenges don't have time limits.

But since this is the response... here's my response back:

Spoiler: show

With that out of the way... let's talk third challenges:

Spoiler: Possible Third Challenges • show
Beat Persona 5 or watch Equestria Girls 3

Persona 5 could be replaced by...

Final Fantasy XV
Final Fantasy X-3
The World Ends With You 2

It depends on what comes out first.  :s

But remember...

I'm having fun and no one can stop me.

:D
[shadow=gray,left]I'M ONLY HAPPY WHEN IT REIGNS[/shadow]

The Roman Reigns of the forum

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: LostSanity on 2015 Apr 13, 11:38:24
Actually...

Final Fantasy XV
Final Fantasy X-3

But remember...

You're never gonna watch any of the Equestria Girls movies, man. :P
If all you have to do is say "Nah, I haven't beaten the game yet, I'm just taking a break. I'll beat the game, definitely."

Sunshine Smash

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2015 Apr 13, 19:21:21
You're never gonna watch any of the Equestria Girls movies, man. :P
If all you have to do is say "Nah, I haven't beaten the game yet, I'm just taking a break. I'll beat the game, definitely."

^
It's not much of a challenge.... When there's nothing to challenge. A simple "no" would suffice.

Deep inside..... We're kindred spirits...... You..... And I......

Lync Volan

Quote from: Night Pony on 2015 Apr 13, 03:00:25
I'd leave LostSanity alone if I were you. He isn't someone who listens to reason or knows when to stop repeating hinself. Also Sanity... wrong topic.
some of my favorite threads got locked because of "repeating himself" so i definitely knew that :] 

Post Merge

My jacket still hasn't come in but i have high hopes for tomorrow :3
and there is a new episode of Star Vs The Forces Of Evil on my DVR :D

GoldenTerrabyte

Quote from: LostSanity on 2015 Apr 13, 11:38:24
Actually...

Final Fantasy XV
Final Fantasy X-3

But remember...

No, no, next challenge has to be Xenoblade Chronicles. You have to beat that one!
I'm back

Sunshine Smash

Quote from: Yellowpikmin476 on 2015 Apr 14, 16:38:40
No, no, next challenge has to be Xenoblade Chronicles. You have to beat that one!

Yeah. I wouldn't call it a challenge. But people should play that game.

Lync Volan

I'm gonna be able to watch the new Episode of Star vs The Forces Of Evil before it airs on tv (yeah! no more Spoilers from those SVTFOE groups) now which i'm gonna do tonight after checking my Equestria Girls Blue Ray DVD's

the Great thing is i finally have time to check the DVD's since somehow i get caught up with photo editing or chatting on facebook or playing my new video games

the other Great thing is even though i'm watching the new episode on the internet my laptop is also connected to the living room Tv so i get to lay back and relax instead of sitting up on a chair :] 

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Sunshine Smash on 2015 Apr 14, 16:50:17
Yeah. I wouldn't call it a challenge. But people should play that game.

Agreed! The graphics may be dated, and some people may not like the battle system that much since it's kinda different, but the story is absolutely amazingly fantastic!

So, I just realized... It's been forever since I've seen anything from any of those Facebook "like if" pages.
Are they finally extinct?!! :D I hope they are! They were so stupid, and the people who clicked like just plain didn't think about anything! They were just giving attention to these stupid attention hogs and annoying the people they were friends with.

"For every like this picture gets (x group) will donate (x amount money) to (x cause)."
That's a blatant lie.

"If this picture gets (certain amount of likes), the hospital will do (his/her) surgery for FREE!"
That's an even bigger lie. No hospital is going to just do someone's surgery for free just because a bunch of people clicked like on a picture.

"1 like = 1 punch. 1 share = 10 punches."
What, did you kidnap the person involved in this picture? Are you going to actually physically punch them for every like and share? No. You're just waiting for your followers to go "I HAVE MORALS. LOOK FRIENDS, I HAVE MORALS. I DON'T LIKE THIS THING AND WISH I COULD PUNCH THAT PERSON. ovO ovO ovO" Yes, Fred, we know that you have morals. Stop giving the attention hogs attention. >:/

A lot of the pages lied about things and pretty much just looked for every sad picture they could find, as well as every "Like for, ignore for" picture they could find.
One like page found an image that was made to make fun of like pages and actually posted it!
"Like if you love ice cream. Ignore if you want your grandma to break her spine."

Another like page posted a photo of a young woman with no hair and said "She has cancer. :( Like if you think she's still beautiful."
The woman in the photo made a Youtube video calling that page out and explaining why she has no hair. She doesn't have cancer. Her hair didn't fall out. She chooses to shave her hair. Why? After multiple horrible dye jobs, she decided to just shave all her hair off and start over, and people on the street kept assuming she was sick with cancer or something. She decided to keep her head shaved to prove a point to people that they shouldn't just assume things about someone based on how they look.

So, yeah, like pages were a plague, and if they've ceased to exist or have become endangered, I'm really, really happy. :3

Chromastone64

2015 Apr 15, 01:56:42 #5890 Last Edit: 2015 Apr 15, 01:59:30 by Chromastone64
Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2015 Apr 15, 01:49:16
Agreed! The graphics may be dated, and some people may not like the battle system that much since it's kinda different, but the story is absolutely amazingly fantastic!

IT IS. EVERYONE PLAY THIS GAME.
Spoiler: Spoilers for the game • show
I just finished the Eryth Sea area, and am now in the snow place. That moment when it just clicks about who Metal Face was...how did I not see it coming?!

My only major complaint is (typically) the graphics. Normally I'm not bothered by them, but when your rain effect is literally rectangles appearing at differant angles, it kind of takes you out of the immersion.
A self-proclaimed "jack-of-all-media-types". I tend to say "freaking" a lot.<br />My OCs: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=13316.0

Lync Volan

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2015 Apr 15, 01:49:16
So, I just realized... It's been forever since I've seen anything from any of those Facebook "like if" pages.
Are they finally extinct?!! :D I hope they are! They were so stupid, and the people who clicked like just plain didn't think about anything! They were just giving attention to these stupid attention hogs and annoying the people they were friends with.

"For every like this picture gets (x group) will donate (x amount money) to (x cause)."
That's a blatant lie.

"If this picture gets (certain amount of likes), the hospital will do (his/her) surgery for FREE!"
That's an even bigger lie. No hospital is going to just do someone's surgery for free just because a bunch of people clicked like on a picture.

"1 like = 1 punch. 1 share = 10 punches."
What, did you kidnap the person involved in this picture? Are you going to actually physically punch them for every like and share? No. You're just waiting for your followers to go "I HAVE MORALS. LOOK FRIENDS, I HAVE MORALS. I DON'T LIKE THIS THING AND WISH I COULD PUNCH THAT PERSON. ovO ovO ovO" Yes, Fred, we know that you have morals. Stop giving the attention hogs attention. >:/

A lot of the pages lied about things and pretty much just looked for every sad picture they could find, as well as every "Like for, ignore for" picture they could find.
One like page found an image that was made to make fun of like pages and actually posted it!
"Like if you love ice cream. Ignore if you want your grandma to break her spine."

Another like page posted a photo of a young woman with no hair and said "She has cancer. :( Like if you think she's still beautiful."
The woman in the photo made a Youtube video calling that page out and explaining why she has no hair. She doesn't have cancer. Her hair didn't fall out. She chooses to shave her hair. Why? After multiple horrible dye jobs, she decided to just shave all her hair off and start over, and people on the street kept assuming she was sick with cancer or something. She decided to keep her head shaved to prove a point to people that they shouldn't just assume things about someone based on how they look.

So, yeah, like pages were a plague, and if they've ceased to exist or have become endangered, I'm really, really happy. :3

I agree! i mean like why the heck would you show a picture of someone at there weakest? just to gain likes :l?

i mean "show a "LITTLE" respect for them" i wouldn't want to be seen on the internet in a hospital clinging for my life or something :facehoof:

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Lync Volan on 2015 Apr 15, 12:19:39
I agree! i mean like why the heck would you show a picture of someone at there weakest? just to gain likes :l?

i mean "show a "LITTLE" respect for them" i wouldn't want to be seen on the internet in a hospital clinging for my life or something :facehoof:

The worst part of it all is that people actually fell for it or something.
I once saw one where thousands of people had clicked like, and I thought "Are these people really that gullible?!"
*Sigh*

Anyway, a smile. Hmmm.
I've been watching anime! :3

Elphyda

Found an old song that I used to listen to frequently when I first joined this community.

PrincessButton

I went to the dentist for the first time in a few years and I am pretty proud to say that I've still never ever had a cavity.  0:) It is quite literally my smile of the day. *rimshot*
[Avatar drawn by Dusky Hues; Thank you!]

Lync Volan

Quote from: PrincessButton on 2015 Apr 15, 17:41:23
I went to the dentist for the first time in a few years and I am pretty proud to say that I've still never ever had a cavity.  0:) It is quite literally my smile of the day. *rimshot*
i drank a slushy yesterday from Taco Bell then my tooth started hurting so i think i need to go to one soon ono

Sunshine Smash

Quote from: PrincessButton on 2015 Apr 15, 17:41:23

It's like you want me to use a pic of Carlos. But I won't.

Anyways, this week was surprisingly relaxed. I thought I'd miss something because of being out of school, but surprisingly, nothing happened. I didn't even get that much work this week.

Lync Volan

i spent the whole day today finishing up that Dare devil series i been told was really Great!

it was good i guess...still i wish he got his suit sooner lol

Chishio Kunrin

I just rediscovered the existence of the Internet Explorer mascot, Inori Aizawa. I forgot that was a thing, and apparently, looking at her Facebook page, she's still a thing. She's really cute.

Seriously, she's the official mascot of Internet Explorer. She even has a Youtube video that debuted her, which has her doing a magical girl transformation and then fighting robots.
Spoiler: Official art, including a drawing of her as a kid, back when she was slow and clumsy. • show

GoldenTerrabyte

Quote from: Sunshine Smash on 2015 Apr 16, 16:32:14
It's like you want me to use a pic of Carlos. But I won't.
Please use a Carlos pic. It will be my smile of the day if you do.
I'm back

Go Up