Today's Smile

Started by Little Judas, 2012 Aug 16, 20:12:51

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Stardust Dragon

Just bought my pass for BABScon...first convention I've ever really been to, so I'm a little jittery right now.  I'm hoping it's well worth it, but that paranoid (and LOUD) side of my mind isn't going to let anything go until the convention is over. 

Lync Volan

Quote from: Stardust Dragon on 2015 Mar 26, 02:16:13
Just bought my pass for BABScon...first convention I've ever really been to, so I'm a little jittery right now.  I'm hoping it's well worth it, but that paranoid (and LOUD) side of my mind isn't going to let anything go until the convention is over. 
i was going to a con before and i was so jittery for no reason because i got lost and had to head back home X3

Stardust Dragon

Quote from: Lync Volan on 2015 Mar 26, 02:48:45
i was going to a con before and i was so jittery for no reason because i got lost and had to head back home X3

Thanks for giving me the idea to map out routes to get there before I'm wandering San Fran streets totally lost.  ^-^

And the jitters have a reason, I assure you: I'm rather introverted by nature (my profile and extremely sporadic posting might indicate as much), so a big event like this is out of my normal comfort zone.  And yet I still want to try it out: when I was at the Pokemon World Championships last August I spoke to hardly anyone, yet felt more energetic being around so many nerds I could at least associate with.  I'm hoping that pushing my boundaries a little will do my psyche some good. 

Rissian

Today, my cousin brought over the FF15 demo because he bought FF Type 0.  FF15 is so awesome!  :3 I can't wait for the full game! I also got eaten by a giant monster in game but it was worth it.

Lync Volan

2015 Mar 27, 05:18:02 #5804 Last Edit: 2015 Mar 27, 05:24:04 by Lync Volan
Quote from: Stardust Dragon on 2015 Mar 26, 05:36:31
the jitters have a reason, I assure you: I'm rather introverted by nature (my profile and extremely sporadic posting might indicate as much), so a big event like this is out of my normal comfort zone.  And yet I still want to try it out: when I was at the Pokemon World Championships last August I spoke to hardly anyone, yet felt more energetic being around so many nerds I could at least associate with.  I'm hoping that pushing my boundaries a little will do my psyche some good. 
i act strange during small parties i'm sure a con would make me all kinds of strange and now i'm planning to go to a meetup so i hope it goes ok :]
(i have a cold right now so if i don't get better i probably won't even go)   

Post Merge

Quote from: Trege on 2015 Mar 27, 02:12:13
I also got eaten by a giant monster in game but it was worth it.
thats how i feel when i play my cousin in Star Wars battlefront 2 on the jabba's palace map lol
Spoiler: show

Post Merge

My dad seemed to have bought the whole Macgyver series :3

Bring Out The Duck Tape :D!

Chishio Kunrin

I just heard an ice cream truck!! ovO I don't have any cash to buy ice cream with, but just the sound of the jingle made me excited and happy!! I pressed myself against the window, saying "Where is it?! I just wanna see it!"

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Pipkin

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2015 Mar 27, 15:47:00
I just heard an ice cream truck!! ovO I don't have any cash to buy ice cream with, but just the sound of the jingle made me excited and happy!! I pressed myself against the window, saying "Where is it?! I just wanna see it!"

I just realized to this day I've never seen an ice cream truck...

Do we even have them in Canada?

Midnight Breeze

Quote from: LaptopBrony on 2015 Mar 27, 20:34:14

A couple of decades ago they were all over the place, but today you only see them in suburbs of medium sized cities.

One jingles its way around my apartment a few days a week, sometimes as late as 9 PM.

Sunshine Smash

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2015 Mar 27, 15:47:00

I saw one yesterday. I was shocked they started coming out again!

Deep inside..... We're kindred spirits...... You..... And I......

Pipkin

2015 Mar 28, 07:23:53 #5809 Last Edit: 2015 Mar 28, 07:25:37 by LaptopBrony
Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2015 Mar 27, 21:47:39
A couple of decades ago they were all over the place, but today you only see them in suburbs of medium sized cities.

One jingles its way around my apartment a few days a week, sometimes as late as 9 PM.

Hmm, you'd think i'd have a couple in my city then, me being in a major(?) tourist location...
I'm not a theatre nut so i'm not sure how popular of a town mine is, but I see cars from various states driving around, especially with NY license plates...and I had a friend in Louisiana who told me he drove up here a few times for the theatre and that's a long drive to get to Ontario for some plays...
Same with when I lived in Grand Bend and vacationed at Sauble Beach....and those are extremely popular beach towns
meh

Lync Volan

2015 Mar 28, 07:28:35 #5810 Last Edit: 2015 Mar 28, 07:36:41 by Lync Volan
i found out a few days ago when i came back to New york that there is gonna be a "Teen Beach Movie 2" and that makes me pretty happy but i doubt it will be as good as the first since it was so Spontaneous and i can't imagine what Austin will be doing back there?

and there is gonna be a new show called "Star Vs The Forces Of Evil"
the animation style might be a turn off for some but the main character looks like she's gonna be one of my favorites so i have high hopes for it!   

Post Merge

Quote from: LaptopBrony on 2015 Mar 27, 20:34:14

i've never seen a Milkman but my parents said when they existed they sold Amazing Milk :]
(well i did see 1 in a tv show once)

Post Merge

the Tipton hotel is gonna be coming back on a new episode of Jessie :3
but i hope to see zack and cody but i bet its just a short few minutes so they likely won't show up :c

whats strange is Jessie is played by the same actor as Bailey from the SS tipton X3

Chromastone64

Good tidings, friends. Today is a momentus day.
My brother...is getting his hair cut.
A self-proclaimed "jack-of-all-media-types". I tend to say "freaking" a lot.<br />My OCs: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=13316.0

Lync Volan

Quote from: Chromastone64 on 2015 Mar 28, 15:41:51
Good tidings, friends. Today is a momentus day.
My brother...is getting his hair cut.
i will morn his poor departed hair DD:
i know i'm still trying to grow mines back D:

Pipkin

2015 Mar 28, 22:32:42 #5813 Last Edit: 2015 Mar 28, 22:35:23 by LaptopBrony
I just got over the latest hump in my college quest, the open house.  It cleared up alot of the things about my program that were bothering me and I finally got a look inside the college itself(it's HUGE!).
Funding is the only thing standing in my way.  I have a way to pay for tuition right now, but if I can get funding through the government I dont have to start paying it until i'm done school, whereas my other method collects interest immediately...

Regardless, i'm good to go!  I even have a date set on when I plan to quit my job and move out of my apartment.  I will be the happiest coffee pony alive when the day comes that I will no longer be employed at this place.  I foresee my face lighting up like my avatar when I walk out the door for the last time(I /really/ do not like my job)

Also I know to alot of people college isn't as big of a deal as i'm making it, but for me it's a major life change, and one of the best life changes i've made since I made my biggest mistake in 2008 when I got into my current field.  My haste for a career placed me in a position I didn't want to be in and it's been making my life extremely intolerable for years, and i'm so happy to finally be able to put myself on a track I look forward to!

Lync Volan

2015 Mar 29, 14:26:51 #5814 Last Edit: 2015 Mar 29, 15:12:36 by Lync Volan
i have been saving money (which i got from my parents during random days since i don't have a set allowance like some ppl) and most of it was in Peso until i asked my dad to change it to dollars and now i have about 160$ which means i can buy the Mlp Sunset Shimmer blind bag and a Applejack Plush but thats not all...I Just Decided To Get Into Disney Infinity! so i'm gonna buy a starter pack with Merida & Stitch (i love those 2 characters) for the Ps3
with the money left i might be able to buy the 2 Equestria Girls movies even though i can watch it on Netflix i still wanna have them

[shadow=red,left]STAR VS THE FORCES OF EVIL airs Tomorrow :3!
Lets Go Meet Star Butterfly :]

Greyscaleisme

I'm finally out of that Luna-forsaken school for the next week! Of all the things that could happen, THIS IS THE BEST. POSSIBLE. THING. *dances*  :D :3 ^-^  <3
'Cause sometimes to stay alive you gotta kill your mind.

Mizuki

I found this cute video/song today..just watch...it's so cute!! :D

Not to be confused with Zukiuke

Chromastone64

I found this hilarious GIF. It the scene from Star Wars where Han is chasing a buch of stormtroopers, but it was edited to have FNAF's Foxy's face over Han's. I would post it, but the troopers still had their weapons, so I don't think it would be allowed.
A self-proclaimed "jack-of-all-media-types". I tend to say "freaking" a lot.<br />My OCs: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=13316.0

Midnight Breeze

Depending on how you look at it may or may not be a good thing, but I'm receiving public assistance. I won't have to pay for food until I start work, so that's good for my budget.

Chishio Kunrin

2015 Mar 30, 14:09:09 #5819 Last Edit: 2015 Mar 30, 15:17:22 by Chishio Kunrin
Finally finished watching Cryaotic's playthrough of Xenoblade Chronicles, and wow the story was absolutely amazing!! It was written so well! It's such an underrated game! :D I really felt it!

Though, warning if you plan on watching the whole thing: Since he livestreamed it, he uploaded all the sessions without trimming them down for time, so it's... almost 75 hours long. ovO I no-life'd it whenever I could.

Some of that time was him doing side quests and grinding to level up.

Post Merge

Cryaotic and PressHearttoContinue are continuing Dandelion to pursue the other choices!! :3 AHHH!

It's one of those anime dating games where you're like "This is so lame. lol" and then an emotional part happens and you're like ":') I can't stop playing."

I cried at the end of their Jiwoo playthrough. I disliked him at first, but by the end, I loved him. :')

Post Merge

Ahh, I forgot how hilarious Cry and Dodger's commentary is in their Dandelion series! lol All the jokes!

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Go Up