Today's Smile

Started by Little Judas, 2012 Aug 16, 20:12:51

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Chromastone64

I've actually come up with the whole plot for my story now ^-^
It's confusing as hay, but at least I have a timeline now.
A self-proclaimed "jack-of-all-media-types". I tend to say "freaking" a lot.<br />My OCs: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=13316.0

Lync Volan

i got past 3 chapters in the 3rd Daring do book so i'm pretty happy i was able to get it started since i seem to neglect it always checking facebook and stuff lol

Spoiler: Not So Happy Thing In A Box • show
(i would have read to chapter 5 but my eyes started to hurt...i think i gotta get new glasses or something :s)

Midnight Breeze

Oh man, my last check was better than I thought. $750 for one week. After I pay my rent I'll be sitting on about $3000. I might be going back to work for the USPS as a PSE in late February so my money ought to hold out. But you know me - stress and undue concern are my middle names (2 of them anyway). Hopefully Citalopram relieves anxiety.

GoldenTerrabyte

Quote from: Lync Volan on 2015 Jan 30, 04:47:03
i got past 3 chapters in the 3rd Daring do book so i'm pretty happy i was able to get it started since i seem to neglect it always checking facebook and stuff lol

Spoiler: Not So Happy Thing In A Box • show
(i would have read to chapter 5 but my eyes started to hurt...i think i gotta get new glasses or something :s)

Wait, the Daring Do books are actually a thing now?
I'm back

Lync Volan

Quote from: Yellowpikmin476 on 2015 Jan 30, 11:45:22
Wait, the Daring Do books are actually a thing now?
i don't know how anyone missed those they posted about it on Facebook and other places that i don't even use
Spoiler: show

GoldenTerrabyte

Quote from: Lync Volan on 2015 Jan 30, 11:53:40
i don't know how anyone missed those they posted about it on Facebook and other places that i don't even use

Well I don't use Facebook at all :P

That, and any other place they'd have posted it, I'm not following whoever it was that did.
I'm back

PrincessButton

@Trege 's cats are my smile today. >u< So very cute.
[Avatar drawn by Dusky Hues; Thank you!]

Lync Volan

Quote from: Yellowpikmin476 on 2015 Jan 30, 11:56:54
Well I don't use Facebook at all :P

That, and any other place they'd have posted it, I'm not following whoever it was that did.
i need to find you a informative someday lol

Greyscaleisme

Its the weeekenddddd! That is my smile for today, cause Yesterday sucked.
'Cause sometimes to stay alive you gotta kill your mind.

Lync Volan

Quote from: Greyscaleisme on 2015 Jan 31, 10:53:39
Its the weeekenddddd! That is my smile for today, cause Yesterday sucked.
its the weekend My Little Pony will air at 4/5am here in the Philippines on Cartoon Network so all that is left is for me to stay awake :3
Spoiler: not so happy thing • show
(i can't watch online at the moment cause of weak internet DD:)

Rissian

2015 Jan 31, 14:11:22 #5530 Last Edit: 2015 Jan 31, 18:24:56 by Trege
Installing the Windows 10 Technical preview in a dual boot setup. I did this with Windows 7 it was pretty interesting testing out the differences and improvements over Vista which I was using at the time when Windows 7 was still in its RC state.

Edit :
Windows 10 so far is far better than Windows 8 ever was they brought back the start menu and even my games seem to be running faster. They also gave you full control of what goes in your start menu it still has that app panel thing but you can put anything you want in it. the new control panel is confusing but all your options pretty much still exist you just have to find them. It's working with my controllers and their drivers so far, and even with steam. It also already had my graphics drivers ready to go after the OS installation. Once it fully releases I may even switch from 7 to 10. This was all in the beta of it too.

Lync Volan

Quote from: Trege on 2015 Jan 31, 14:11:22
Installing the Windows 10 Technical preview in a dual boot setup. I did this with Windows 7 it was pretty interesting testing out the differences and improvements over Vista which I was using at the time when Windows 7 was still in its RC state.

Edit :
Windows 10 so far is far better than Windows 8 ever was they brought back the start menu and even my games seem to be running faster. They also gave you full control of what goes in your start menu it still has that app panel thing but you can put anything you want in it. the new control panel is confusing but all your options pretty much still exist you just have to find them. It's working with my controllers and their drivers so far, and even with steam. It also already had my graphics drivers ready to go after the OS installation. Once it fully releases I may even switch from 7 to 10. This was all in the beta of it too.
i tried Windows 8 before then i tried it again just to play the Mlp game but everything ran slow and laggy so right now i only use windows 7 but your saying windows 10 is much better? 

Rissian

2015 Jan 31, 21:25:58 #5532 Last Edit: 2015 Jan 31, 21:31:30 by Trege
Quote from: Lync Volan on 2015 Jan 31, 21:14:13
i tried Windows 8 before then i tried it again just to play the Mlp game but everything ran slow and laggy so right now i only use windows 7 but your saying windows 10 is much better?

From what I can tell it's performance is better than Windows 7 and Windows 8. So far I'm getting 60fps in games I usually didn't get 60fps in. The system overall feels less sluggish as well. I've only had one crash so far but it's still beta so that's why. Otherwise everything seems completely stable I already have steam and a bunch of my games installed now. My antivirus works perfectly fine with Windows 10 to even though it wasn't on the supported list. From what I can tell all of it's systems are stable and monitoring my PC for any threats correctly.

I'm testing a bunch of different games and such but so far today this is a pretty big smile for me. Windows 10 won't however be released until like near the end of this year I heard though. So I'll be testing beta stuff on it for a long while before determining if I want it or not on release, and it's very promising already and I've only had it for a few hours.

However if you have different hardware results may vary since it's still in beta.
My hardware is this.

Graphics Card ATI Radeon HD 6870
So far the crash that occured was because of my ATI card which means AMD will likely have to update their drivers to better support Windows 10 in the future either that or maybe a Windows 10 patch from MS will fix it.

Midnight Breeze

I'm glad to hear they will be letting windows 7 users upgrade for free. One more reason I'm glad I skipped window 8. Come release my OS will be the only part of my system thats up to date. Every piece of my computer is horribly outdated. I built it in 2010 and upgraded the GPU in 2012. It's gonna cost me a pretty penny to build a new one.

Question : Is there any reason to have more than 8 gigs of RAM now? I know there wasn't when I built it.

Rissian

Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2015 Jan 31, 21:57:10
I'm glad to hear they will be letting windows 7 users upgrade for free. One more reason I'm glad I skipped window 8. Come release my OS will be the only part of my system thats up to date. Every piece of my computer is horribly outdated. I built it in 2010 and upgraded the GPU in 2012. It's gonna cost me a pretty penny to build a new one.

Question : Is there any reason to have more than 8 gigs of RAM now? I know there wasn't when I built it.

Well with Windows 7's RAM management the perk for more than 8GB of RAM was a smoother operating system. Windows 10 so far feels even more optimized with RAM than 7 was. I haven't tested it long enough to be sure though.

Right now it seems to use a lot less RAM than my 7 did which was always at 2.3-2.7GB

Oh yeah can you link to your source on the free upgrade? I've been googling tons of stuff because I want to make sure it really is free for 7 and 8 users. So far it seems legit I've had multiple articles state so I just didn't want to say it in this thread yet until I was sure. I've got a few sources myself but having more doesn't hurt. Since I may start using the Beta seriously and storing files I'd hope to keep on it. Since I can just use the free upgrade to update it without reformatting once it releases.

Anyways back to your question it's always better to have more RAM because eventually if you play games on your PC brand new games will start to require even more RAM than what's currently out does with the new 4k monitors coming out, and better technology ETC. Textures will start to get bigger eventually. Also more RAM means more multi tasking ability especially with multi core CPU's. Basically it's always best to stay ahead if you can.

For me just playing Minecraft triggers the low ram warning in Windows 7 and I have 6GB of RAM. I'm going to test Minecraft in 10 now.

Midnight Breeze

Rissian

Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2015 Jan 31, 22:22:40
Very first link when I googled windows 10.

http://www.itpro.co.uk/operating-systems/23119/windows-10-release-date-and-specs

Ah cool that's one of the same sources I found while searching. Well I'm glad Microsoft seems to be making it up to people who hated Windows 8. Anyways I might make a Windows 10 topic at this rate I'm not sure yet.

Invultrois

Had the best pool night with roommates yesterday. Had lots of fun, and slept well for the night.  (:

Midnight Breeze

I just visited Razor's website and saw their relatively new line of chroma gear with fully customizable led colors. Hooray! I loved their old blue leds and absolutely hated when they switched to green. My pc is blue and black themed, the green clashed bad.

Now to save up for a new set of periphials.

Lync Volan

Quote from: Trege on 2015 Jan 31, 21:25:58
From what I can tell it's performance is better than Windows 7 and Windows 8. So far I'm getting 60fps in games I usually didn't get 60fps in. The system overall feels less sluggish as well. I've only had one crash so far but it's still beta so that's why. Otherwise everything seems completely stable I already have steam and a bunch of my games installed now. My antivirus works perfectly fine with Windows 10 to even though it wasn't on the supported list. From what I can tell all of it's systems are stable and monitoring my PC for any threats correctly.

I'm testing a bunch of different games and such but so far today this is a pretty big smile for me. Windows 10 won't however be released until like near the end of this year I heard though. So I'll be testing beta stuff on it for a long while before determining if I want it or not on release, and it's very promising already and I've only had it for a few hours.

However if you have different hardware results may vary since it's still in beta.
My hardware is this.

Graphics Card ATI Radeon HD 6870
So far the crash that occured was because of my ATI card which means AMD will likely have to update their drivers to better support Windows 10 in the future either that or maybe a Windows 10 patch from MS will fix it.

i understood like half of that until you started saying "fps" and flashing that computer hardware stuff cause i only know so little but my dad builds computers for a hobby so i have lots but mostly not for games and stuff until i request some new whatevers in them

Go Up