Today's Smile

Started by Little Judas, 2012 Aug 16, 20:12:51

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Greyscaleisme

I got 6 of the new Halloween dragons on Dragon Cave, I can't wait to see what they'll hatch into!
'Cause sometimes to stay alive you gotta kill your mind.

Peace Keeper

After several months, rain has FINALLY come down to our city begging for rain.
Representing the Element of Peace, my name is Peacekeeper, and I am an Evershade Crusader. I am also a proud member of Chat-o-Landia. My talent is preventing conflict and maintaining order.

LostSanity

My application to RP as Spike the Dragon just got accepted on another MLP:FiM website/forum/RP area!!

:3

I just hope I can RP as him well...

:I
[shadow=gray,left]I'M ONLY HAPPY WHEN IT REIGNS[/shadow]

The Roman Reigns of the forum

Midnight Breeze

I quit my soul-sucking hellhole of a job today. I deserve better than this wage-slavery. Now I'm free to find a career worth dedicating my life to.

I'm off the Shreveport to take a civil service test in 30 minutes..

Pipkin

I cut my right hand in four different places at four different times during the 5 hour job, which involved dismantling the brake and wheel hub assemblies on both sides of the truck TWICE, but I finally got the hub assembly on the right side, and brake pads and rotors on both sides, replaced.  Let's recap so far:
Pads/rotors $175
Caliper on right side $200
Hub assembly right side $300
assorted tools needed(Jack/stands/ breaker bar) $120

Next up, the $150+ hangar bearing and now apparently the rear brakes

Believe it or not despite the nearly $1000 I put into this truck in the last 2 weeks this is a smile....that stupid ABS light finally went out

LostSanity

I finished the Beck (Mongolian Chop Squad) manga today.

This series is severely underrated, unappreciated, and underestimated IMO. Yes, it's mostly about music, but, it has other content in it that makes it quite the AMAZING series IMO.

At least give the anime (and manga since the anime doesn't cover all of the manga) a chance and judge it for yourself.

^-^

Midnight Breeze

Quote from: LaptopBrony on 2014 Nov 03, 16:58:38
I cut my right hand in four different places at four different times during the 5 hour job, which involved dismantling the brake and wheel hub assemblies on both sides of the truck TWICE, but I finally got the hub assembly on the right side, and brake pads and rotors on both sides, replaced.  Let's recap so far:
Pads/rotors $175

Believe it or not despite the nearly $1000 I put into this truck in the last 2 weeks this is a smile....that stupid ABS light finally went out

Y U no car insurance?

Randam Saiko

I finally get one day alone to myself; no one to bother me.

Emit, you mischievous little...
My OCs

Midnight Breeze

I actually saw an Alberta license plate in town earlier this evening. Why they drove way the heck down here is beyond me but it was the first time I've ever seen any Canadian plate.

Never been further north than Arkansas in my life. =(

Ramisha

I downloaded final Fantasy 5 and set it to German. Now I can study while I play. Kind of.

Peace Keeper

YEAH! My new 3DS power grip came. Now I can recycle my messed-up one.
Representing the Element of Peace, my name is Peacekeeper, and I am an Evershade Crusader. I am also a proud member of Chat-o-Landia. My talent is preventing conflict and maintaining order.

LostSanity

I'm Reaching Out To The Truth with my new avatar!!

:3

Pipkin

Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2014 Nov 04, 18:14:26
Quote from: LaptopBrony on 2014 Nov 03, 16:58:38
Pads/rotors $175

Y U no car insurance?

My insurance doesn't cover general repairs......actually i'd be surprised to hear any insurance company would cover them

LostSanity

I started re-watching the anime Elfen Lied this weekend in preparation to finish the story by reading the manga.

I'd post the opening... but... I really can't.

Let's just say... it would be against the forum rules.  :I

It's just as screwed up as I remember it being. In a good way. I guess?  ovO

Little Star

Spent my day yesterday vending at a convention, and got a huge Drawponies blanket and a pillow case!

WOoo!

Also contemplating a new idea for vending at a con...
What kind of nerdy treats would you guys want? Like food from video games/ shows/ baked goods. Stuff like that?

Chrisgotjar

I managed to start writing a script for a comic strip and finish drawing it within three hours.

Productivity go! ^-^
You appear to be reading a signature my good sir/madam.

Howitzer

They dropped the "procuring murder" charge on Phil Rudd. I hope he will be able to play at AC/DC's next (and quite possibly final) tour.
LoE not working as it should? Submit bugs here: http://phabricator.legendsofequestria.com/maniphest/task/edit/form/1/
------->  Jurassic Systems <-----------

Peace Keeper

My oldest nephew was talking to his grandmother (AKA my mom) about my childhood. I told him before that once I got in trouble in elementary school for not showing work and the teacher thought I was cheating. After a parent conference, my teacher gave me a test and without showing work again and got all the answers correct. My teacher told me I was good in math. When My mom told her side, she said that I wasn't just smart, but a prodigy. She said I was gifted in math. So gifted, she was met by some people, I'm not sure who, probably from the district, and offered her to send me to a state private school for the gifted and talented. My mom said that it sounds like those special opportunities parents would love to have for their kid to have the best education. However, she said that I am a shy kid, and I may not get used to going to a new school. Add to that, she said that there might be the fear of losing me to a government school. In the end, she decides to keep me in my current school. I feel she did a good decision for what's best for me. Not only did I get to go to school near my house and with my family, but made one of the best friends of my life.

I was happy to hear I was more smarter in math than I thought I would be, and to know my mom made a decision I felt was right.

Midnight Breeze

Quote from: Peace Keeper on 2014 Nov 10, 23:48:59
My oldest nephew was talking to his grandmother (AKA my mom) about my childhood. I told him before that once I got in trouble in elementary school for not showing work and the teacher thought I was cheating. After a parent conference, my teacher gave me a test and without showing work again and got all the answers correct. My teacher told me I was good in math. When My mom told her side, she said that I wasn't just smart, but a prodigy. She said I was gifted in math. So gifted, she was met by some people, I'm not sure who, probably from the district, and offered her to send me to a state private school for the gifted and talented. My mom said that it sounds like those special opportunities parents would love to have for their kid to have the best education. However, she said that I am a shy kid, and I may not get used to going to a new school. Add to that, she said that there might be the fear of losing me to a government school. In the end, she decides to keep me in my current school. I feel she did a good decision for what's best for me. Not only did I get to go to school near my house and with my family, but made one of the best friends of my life.

I was happy to hear I was more smarter in math than I thought I would be, and to know my mom made a decision I felt was right.

>state private school

wut...

Peace Keeper

I assume it was something like that. My mom only said it was an exclusive or private school and government run. Sounds strange to me, too. Private, but government run.

Go Up