Go Down

The Stars

2012 Jul 16, 04:09:44 Last Edit: 2012 Jul 16, 17:09:57 by The Stars
Name - Range Conjure
Age -18
Gender - Female
Appearance -
Cutiemark - 
Talent - Through the works of Alchemy, Range is able to create a multitude of different creations that can be used as tools  to help unicorns better adapt to any situation given. She doesn't work through Spells or enchanting, but rather through the creation of a physical addendum that one may used in hoof or with the unicorn's magic, depending all on what is created. These physical tools created however are just about as effective as a Screwdriver, Hammer, or any other simple machine created; Although useful they are, they are only good for so long and performance is highly dependent on the material used and the users themselves.

Description - Busy, fun loving, and Intelligent, Range can be described more as the everyday top of the mill Unicorn in Ponyville, although getting to know her, You start finding out she can be sometimes a little bit goofy, and more importantly, wild and Completely crazy what she chooses to do with her magic. Sometimes for fun, she uses a spell called Magic Mine, which creates a large ball of concentrated magic that creates a forceful, non-lethal explosion. What she does with this is do a little thing called "Mine Jumping", pretty self explanatory. It's an activity she partakes in very frequently, although she has issues when it comes to landing. In other words, Range Conjure is a Kind, Pure energetic adult, reflecting herself as a child at heart.  She is, although, much smaller than the average mare, the fact being that she's grown up with a genetic condition, allowing her to have several other abnormalities, although her height is one of the most noticeable side effects. Meeting everypony, she commonly becomes mistaken for a young filly, although most ponies she has met never seemed to care much about her unusual size.

The reason for her unusually short stature is the fact that she seems to suffer from a Genetic condition mostly known as Turner Syndrome, where in 1 of her xx Chromosomes, 1 of the X's are either missing or corrupt. Early in life, she could have supplemented this with Growth hormones, but Range saw it a bit differently. She claimed she loves being the "Small and Cute little mare somepony would just wanna hug" as she so claimed herself to be back when she was younger, although joking around. Although being born with this condition, she doesn't seem to have the Hormone Estrogen, which is Vital for the Reproductive Cycle, this fact making her technically infertile. This condition is Specific to females, meaning her brother, Crimson Blood, does not share the abnormality or would have had a chance to.

Her alchemy operates through the 4 basic structures: Fragmentation (Deconstruction), synthesis(Construction), Crystallization(Condensation), and Transmutation( Reconstruction). The 2 former can be used to create most inventions, including implants if she ever chooses to do so, with little to no worry, if not being Lengthy and requiring a good knowledge of the two skills, plus respectable precision. Processes like Fragmentation and Synthesis can be sped up/ made simple work taking in account of catalysts, such as surface area and temperature. With Alchemy however, her current skills Can suggest she is ready to synthesis steel, but she's not exactly a well profited alchemist; She doesn't own all the correct tools to mix together things, however, potion making is now possible with her small Steam oven. Although not a weapon Alchemy was meant to be, It is still bound to many dangers that all must be able to understand before usage. One cannot create anything without an equal exchange. To Obtain, something of equal value must be lost. Going beyond these boundaries can and will cost her a severe price. Fragmentation is also a dangerous weapon if used against other life forms, as Fragmentation is meant to deconstruct matter. Synthesis is a difficult tool that proves any fighting use, but uses the environment around the user , such as sections of the ground being turned  into Pillars and such. Although Alchemy is her main magic practice, she Later on becomes more skilled in handling Fire, Ice, and Lightning Elementals that can also influence how she uses her Alchemy to her advantage.

You would figure somepony like her that chose an old, yet effective and extremely dangerous art as Alchemy to be her specialization would actually be quite wealthy, right? Well... She's actually an Unemployed Mare, but that doesn't mean she is broke. She's basically a private miner, going around places close to home and hopefully finds minerals that would be paid highly for. Problem is, She's not a very well experienced Miner at that, or following anypony that knows rich dig sites, so most of the time, she comes up dry on the 1st and 2nd runs through. If she could, she would definitely take a job that wouldn't require her to constantly beat away at abundance of rock for hours, all of the constant use of her magic to break minerals off often leave her drained and develop terrible headaches. She also seems nocturnal, constantly falling victim to Insomnia. Reasons for her odd sleeping schedule seem... unapparent, or rather she herself doesn't even know.
Synthesis can be sped up/ made simple work taking in account of catalysts, such as surface area and temperature. With Alchemy however, her current skills Can suggest she is ready to synthesis steel, but she's not exactly a well profited alchemist;She doesn't own all the correct tools to mix together things, however, potion making is now possible with her small Steam oven.
Heads up!

// Thanks a lot Tiger! :D

Lord of Madness

Special Talent: It has a very general range and I would love to hear out of Alchemy what she specializes in it. An example of what I heard from you  Is as if saying she is a good fighter. Then you never told me what type of fighting she is good at. I'd love to find out what kind of Alchemic power she excels in the most, ether way I love where your talent is going at this point.

History: Not much information here, but it's ok because that adds to the mystery in RP.

Abilities: Fragmentation, synthesis, Crystallization, and Transmutation. I don't have much to add here, But I do like the simple detail you give for those not well associated with Alchemy.

Physical Appearance: I did not find much other than her apparent size which is apparently very small, I'd love to know more about this condition or other things about her in this category.

Occupation: I feel she could be in many and excel in them. I hope in the future you add one.

Known Relatives: not much found in this category It would be a bit nice to know about her background here. It could have an interesting fact or two about her relatives and her condition or why she wanted to associate with Alchemy.

Cutie mark: Widely known for its purpose, to the point. Love everything about it. BUT If you message me I could give it a personal touch in  Inkscape for you so it feels unique to you.

Bio: small and energetic like a child, from her dangerous mine jumping makes her seem distractive. I hope she regulates her usage of it. I hope you in the future add her study habits or how she was taught or raised the way she was in order to act like a fun energetic mare.

Additional Info: none at the moment

Overall: I like your OC. I could see you adding extra information in order to help me understand her better. I feel like she would be understanding with spontaneous or fun Ideas in situations both fun and serious.

The Stars

XD Trust me, I was posting this sometime WAY earlier than 4AM in the morning, I probably wouldn't have to Do some rework in that :P.

History and known relatives  however, you actually have me there. I'm not putting a good majority of it here cause... you know, New Guidelines and such XD. As For Relatives, I'm gonna have work cut out since I never really made any progress on her family :/

This was a rough draft anyway, something to start on really quick And later build up.
Heads up!

Sponk

Why do most of your OC's have that same hairstyle with the one pointy hair? o_O
Blah blah blah.

The Stars

XD waaaaaat? What, you mean that 1 little Hair at the top of her head? This is actually my first oc With that o.o
Heads up!

Sponk

Quote from: The Stars on 2012 Jul 16, 15:39:04
XD waaaaaat? What, you mean that 1 little Hair at the top of her head? This is actually my first oc With that o.o
Really? 'Cause there's one that has a blue mane with the exact same hairstyle too in your profile pic.  lol lol
Blah blah blah.

The Stars

Doh, that? That's her, just a Recolored version to something I liked better XD
Heads up!

Sponk

Quote from: The Stars on 2012 Jul 16, 15:47:52
Doh, that? That's her, just a Recolored version to something I liked better XD
lol Really? lol
Blah blah blah.

The Stars

XD I'm not kidding, I seriously changed her mane color. I felt that this shade of blue would also kinda match her coat at the same time.
Heads up!

Lord of Madness

Quote from: The Stars on 2012 Jul 16, 15:33:18
XD Trust me, I was posting this sometime WAY earlier than 4AM in the morning, I probably wouldn't have to Do some rework in that :P.

History and known relatives  however, you actually have me there. I'm not putting a good majority of it here cause... you know, New Guidelines and such XD. As For Relatives, I'm gonna have work cut out since I never really made any progress on her family :/

This was a rough draft anyway, something to start on really quick And later build up.

I can tell im going to Love your OC lol

The Stars

:P Updated... Man, still feel like I'm missing a lot on here.
Heads up!

Blues-Music

Would you mind giving a picture of you're pony standing like a normal pony?Sorry ,but its hard to picture how a pony looks standing on four hooves with a sort of shrug pony picture.

The Stars

2012 Jul 16, 18:14:17 #12 Last Edit: 2012 Jul 16, 18:17:38 by The Stars
XD Was not hoping someone would ask about the picture, but this is an edited version of 1 of my works on DA, that I could NOT show here on LOE, so I had to Mix things up a bit that made it presentable. Lol, seriously, I already got people looking at me funny for posting it on DA, I don't need a ban from LOE as well for it XD
Heads up!

Go Up