Dumb things that annoy you

Started by Zaner-Boy, 2012 Jun 01, 14:30:22

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Stardust Dragon on 2016 Feb 24, 13:12:57
I'd be happy to find some time to play with you and help out, though this week is a little tight on free time.  But I totally understand how that's aggravating: I don't know if it's because I was hosting with a bunch of folks from overseas, but there have been times I've lagged so hard that I got beaten.  So annoying.

I managed to make it all the way through everything they have so far, on my own, as Blake. I'm level 9 now. :P

During the part with the bomb cart, I just ran away from everything instead of trying to fight. Though, at one point, I had to run straight through a group of exploding Creeps.

I can see why some people have a lot of trouble playing it alone.

The camera turns too slow, for me. It makes it hard to keep up with the Boarbatusks when they roll past me, so that's really annoying. I feel like, because of that, it takes me longer than it should to defeat them. I end up having to stand in front of a wall and try to jump out of the way right before they hit me, then immediately turn around and start fighting. But that's kind of difficult when there are two Boarbatusks...

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Stardust Dragon

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2016 Feb 24, 18:43:51
I managed to make it all the way through everything they have so far, on my own, as Blake. I'm level 9 now. :P

During the part with the bomb cart, I just ran away from everything instead of trying to fight. Though, at one point, I had to run straight through a group of exploding Creeps.

I can see why some people have a lot of trouble playing it alone.

The camera turns too slow, for me. It makes it hard to keep up with the Boarbatusks when they roll past me, so that's really annoying. I feel like, because of that, it takes me longer than it should to defeat them. I end up having to stand in front of a wall and try to jump out of the way right before they hit me, then immediately turn around and start fighting. But that's kind of difficult when there are two Boarbatusks...

Levels reset with each playthrough for the time being.  Right now the only benefit is to unlock abilities for each character (Blake's is amazing btw, I love it), which remain unlocked but resets your ability points so you can make a new build each run.  And just because you've experienced all the stages they have so far doesn't mean you have to be done with it: I still go on runs with every character to work towards unlocking skills.  If you ever want to just run it a little, I can give you my Steam info and if I'm online feel free to invite to a game.

The camera is indeed a pain, I hope that's one of the unspecified features in the upcoming update.  And multiple Boarbatusks are also a massive nuisance to take on solo, oh yeah.  We'll have to see if their updates fix any of that, but I find my biggest problem is expecting them to stop closer to me, so by the time I actually get in attack range their almost ready to try charging again.

Howitzer

Got called out for being a brony in a game for the first time, and I ain't talking about in a good way.
LoE not working as it should? Submit bugs here: http://phabricator.legendsofequestria.com/maniphest/task/edit/form/1/
------->  Jurassic Systems <-----------

Chromastone64

Quote from: Howitzer on 2016 Feb 25, 00:16:01
Got called out for being a brony in a game for the first time, and I ain't talking about in a good way.

That happened to me a few days ago in tf2...
A self-proclaimed "jack-of-all-media-types". I tend to say "freaking" a lot.<br />My OCs: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=13316.0

Midnight Breeze

I knew this was going to happen. I forgot my badge last week and didn't get paid for that day. The security guard told my boss over the radio that I was at work and forgot my badge, gave me a temp ID and everything, but nope, it wasn't put into the system. Management can't do jack without it being automated, can they?

Whelp, gotta go in early tomorrow to fuss at my boss to pay me. I ain't working a day for free.

The good news is I finally got a check for $1000 for the retro pay I've been owed for like 10 weeks.

Stardust Dragon

Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2016 Feb 25, 03:54:02
I knew this was going to happen. I forgot my badge last week and didn't get paid for that day. The security guard told my boss over the radio that I was at work and forgot my badge, gave me a temp ID and everything, but nope, it wasn't put into the system. Management can't do jack without it being automated, can they?

Whelp, gotta go in early tomorrow to fuss at my boss to pay me. I ain't working a day for free.

The good news is I finally got a check for $1000 for the retro pay I've been owed for like 10 weeks.

What, you want management to take a second (or perhaps a first) look at an automated system that's only as flawless as the human beings that built and/or operate it?  What are you, crazy?  :/

I've been struggling to find motivation to work on homework in the limited time I have between work, school, and crewing a show.  Thankfully the serious time restraints will end this Sunday when we close...unfortunately, it's just in time for all my midterms.  This will be a bad week.  :I

LostSanity

Going to put this in spoilers just in case. Because I don't want to make people mad if I don't.

Spoiler: show
I really want to know why the hell Nintendo is seemingly skipping Pokemon Z and going straight to 7th gen (supposedly anyway)

All other regions had a third game. Why the hell aren't they making a third game for Kalos? This makes absolutely no sense to me. Sorry.

I'd be happier if I had an explanation as to what the hell happened to Pokemon Z.

>:/
[shadow=gray,left]I'M ONLY HAPPY WHEN IT REIGNS[/shadow]

The Roman Reigns of the forum

DawnsEmbrace

Quote from: LostSanity on 2016 Feb 25, 18:17:55
Going to put this in spoilers just in case. Because I don't want to make people mad if I don't.

I really want to know why the hell Nintendo is seemingly skipping Pokemon Z and going straight to 7th gen (supposedly anyway)

All other regions had a third game. Why the hell aren't they making a third game for Kalos? This makes absolutely no sense to me. Sorry.

I'd be happier if I had an explanation as to what the hell happened to Pokemon Z.

>:/

Spoiler: I agree wholeheartedly with you. • show

I'm hoping against hope that this is some kind of Pokemon Z.
If Gen 5 got a nonstandard third game, maybe Gen 6 will as well.

...But deep down, I know I put too much faith in Game Freak.
<br />

Midnight Breeze

Scumbag McDonald's only lets you get coffee with breakfast meals at the value price. Any other drink costs extra, which I think is BS. I'm not a coffee drinker, I don't want that disgusting liquid tar! It's bogus that I can't substitute it for orange juice or hot chocolate.

Also they don't have thousand island salad dressing. Seriously, what the crap? Big Mac sauce is a thousand island variant yet they don't have thousand island?!?!? I've taken to substituting fries for a side salad but it sucks I can't get my favorite dressing.

Chromastone64

Watching Faulty Towers again made me realize something:
What the HECK is a waldorf salad?
A self-proclaimed "jack-of-all-media-types". I tend to say "freaking" a lot.<br />My OCs: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=13316.0

Midnight Breeze

Quote from: Chromastone64 on 2016 Feb 26, 04:51:17
Watching Faulty Towers again made me realize something:
What the HECK is a waldorf salad?

The correct answer is: nasty.

LostSanity

I'm still waiting for my explanation as to what happened to Pokemon Z...

:s
[shadow=gray,left]I'M ONLY HAPPY WHEN IT REIGNS[/shadow]

The Roman Reigns of the forum

Sweet Brew

Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2016 Feb 26, 03:16:45I'm not a coffee drinker, I don't want that disgusting liquid tar!

:) *claps*

Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2016 Feb 26, 03:16:45
Scumbag McDonald's only lets you get coffee with breakfast meals at the value price. Any other drink costs extra, which I think is BS.

Now I've rarely heard of Hot chocolate with breakfast, but Orange juice? Seriously? That's classic!
McDonalds needs to let you do that, also... their pancake breakfasts are amazing along with those sausage biscuits.

hide'; } else { this.parentNode.parentNode.getElementsByTagName('div')[1].getElementsByTagName('div')[0].style.display = 'none'; this.innerHTML = 'Spoiler: I'm whining, I'm whining! :3show'; }" />Spoiler: I'm whining, I'm whining! :3show
So, Along with what I just said up there and watching a lot of Rosanna Pansino I've come to a conclusion...
I miss food! :'(

I say "I hate eating" and stuff, but I think I hate it because I'm stick of dinner being just a chicken leg, or a bowl of cereal, or if I'm lucky a Peanut butter and jelly sandwich!

I haven't gone out to eat sense last August...and that was the first time I'd went out to eat in months...
I hate to complain, but the stuff our food stamps cover are not that good, they're what made 'Food' a four letter word around here.

At least I have my tea, that's something good... ^-^

Midnight Breeze

Quote from: Sweet Brew on 2016 Feb 27, 06:44:00
I hate to complain, but the stuff our food stamps cover are not that good.

But....food stamps can be used for anything.  :o

Sweet Brew

Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2016 Feb 27, 07:18:58
But....food stamps can be used for anything.  :o
Yeah, I worded that poorly...
I mean that all the stuff that's cheap is all the gross stuff, and we get the cheap stuff because it'll make the stamps go farther.

For someone who plans on writing a book at somepoint in his life I really suck at wording things. :P

Grizzly

League of Legends, nuf said.
The most common accident is the one noone expects.

Midnight Breeze

Overwatch isn't even released yet and Blizzard is ALREADY hellbent on ruining the artstyle and characterization! I saw the Cynical Brit's video yesterday showcasing the new skins for all of the heroes, and I am disgusted! All of the top-tier skins put the characters in stupid, lore breaking joke outfits!

My favorite character, Zarya, has an outfit that makes her look like a Hot Topic emo chick! This is the world's strongest woman we're talking about, here - who ripped the particle cannon off of a tank with her bare hands and carries it around as here weapon of choice! Something tells me she's not into that kind of fashion scene. And that's not even the worst of it! They have a Nepali monk dressed up like an Egyptian god, and an Australian biker looking like a sumo wrestler! What is this, I don't even...

Blizzard, I am disappointed.

/end nerdy lore-purist rant

Chromastone64

I'm not even a fan of the original game, and yet even I can't forgive Microsoft for Young Conker...

Peace Keeper

Quote from: Chromastone64 on 2016 Mar 01, 17:51:30
I'm not even a fan of the original game, and yet even I can't forgive Microsoft for Young Conker...

Hehe I can understand that. The new concept of Conker wouldn't catch good attention to those who knew Conker in his origin.
Representing the Element of Peace, my name is Peacekeeper, and I am an Evershade Crusader. I am also a proud member of Chat-o-Landia. My talent is preventing conflict and maintaining order.

Midnight Breeze

2016 Mar 02, 03:12:18 #18099 Last Edit: 2016 Mar 02, 03:19:09 by Midnight Breeze
Octane has been playing this really freaky song by a lesser-known band. Hearing the lyrics I had to look it up to see what the heck this song was about. They explained it as apparently being about a dream one of them had about a sleeping lady. They really did a horrible job of writing the song if that's what it's supposed to be about, it totally sounds like it's describing a murder.  :I

Yeah....this one:

Go Up