Dumb things that annoy you

Started by Zaner-Boy, 2012 Jun 01, 14:30:22

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Midnight Breeze

I just got in from work at 2 in the morning and this is what I find:

Walls leaking and cracking all across the archway over my kitchen. Apparently a pipe is leaking in the wall.

Landlord! Get over here and fix this!

Stardust Dragon

Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2016 Jan 28, 03:24:54
I just got in from work at 2 in the morning and this is what I find:

Walls leaking and cracking all across the archway over my kitchen. Apparently a pipe is leaking in the wall.

Landlord! Get over here and fix this!

Reminds me of when I turned around from my computer and discovered my carpet was turning into swampland.  Gutters were backed up/leaking during a real heavy storm and it somehow crept between the floors of my dorm building.  It's surprising how much control you want over the amount of water you have in your life...Also surprising just how much you can make the RA and public safety scramble when you mention "yeah, there's water in my house".

Best of luck with the landlord.

Grizzly

Crying for hours with no real reason just because of messed up brain chemistry, i hate this...
The most common accident is the one noone expects.

Midnight Breeze

Reckless drivers getting all butthurt over getting much-deserved traffic tickets and then going on a spiel about how cops should be "solving real crime" instead of giving traffic fines.

News flash - reckless driving IS a real crime. It's a serious threat to the safety of innocent motorists. Take a look at the auto-accident death toll some time.

As a motorist, I consider reckless and inconsiderate drivers to be a far greater threat to my life and limb than thieves and muggers. I have been robbed at knifepoint before - but only once, 9 years ago. Reckless drivers pose a threat to me almost every single day.

Chromastone64

Nintendo, you bloody trolls...
I was literally JUST about to go out and buy Final Fantasy Explorers, when SUDDENLY they drop the Fire Emblem Fates release date! NOW I don't know what to get!
A self-proclaimed "jack-of-all-media-types". I tend to say "freaking" a lot.<br />My OCs: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=13316.0

Jcfraven

Quote from: Chromastone64 on 2016 Jan 29, 06:04:41
I was literally JUST about to go out and buy Final Fantasy Explorers, when SUDDENLY they drop the Fire Emblem Fates release date! NOW I don't know what to get!

And all I'm waiting for is for Nintendo to actually bloody put out an Animal Crossing game for the Wii U(the stupid Amiibo Festival is not an Animal Crossing game, no matter what is said to the contrary).

Itty Bit

So I found a new job that claimed to be really good. Turns out it's just a big pyramid scheme.
On one end, my friend who recruited me there is pushing me to stay and try and go through with it, but on the other hand, everybody else is telling me to get out of there.
I'm desperate for money right now, but I don't want to work in a place where I could be scammed. This is all so confusing and frustrating.

Sweet Brew

When other people pee in the shower! >:O

Midnight Breeze

My boss who gave me a promotion quit. That was really out of left field.

"Alright, I'm choosing you for this promotion. I'm sticking my neck out for you so don't let me down. By the way I'm putting in my two weeks, see you later."

Well, with him gone I no longer owe allegiance to anyone at my employer. I had planned to stick around for a year for his sake but I guess I don't have to worry about that. As soon as I get an offer from an employer who's willing to pay me more, I'm out.

Lync Volan

This is kinda old but just cause of it i fear it might happen again,

those moments someone wants to hang out with you outside but didn't make any plans on what to do, i mean if you wanna hang out outside at least make some fun plans but if not lets just hang out with each other at home, at least then we can just play video games and watch movies and eat whatever we got in the fridge lol

Jcfraven

People who don't understand the differences between "their" "there" and "they're"(and similar grammatical problems). It's time to bloody grow up, and learn to talk and write correctly.

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Lync Volan on 2016 Feb 01, 03:54:35
This is kinda old but just cause of it i fear it might happen again,

those moments someone wants to hang out with you outside but didn't make any plans on what to do, i mean if you wanna hang out outside at least make some fun plans but if not lets just hang out with each other at home, at least then we can just play video games and watch movies and eat whatever we got in the fridge lol

Hmmm.. Depends on where you live, but you could go walking around.
I've wandered around small patches of woods with one of my friends before.
My mom said that when she was a teenager, she and her friends walked through one of those channels that catches a ton of rain water, trying to see where they'd end up. I've always wanted to do that. I don't mean rain gutters, I mean the deep channels made of cement and stuff that have some sections open due to where they are. I dunno if other places have them or not.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

thexcrimsonxghostie

2016 Feb 01, 19:22:02 #17972 Last Edit: 2016 Feb 02, 06:14:52 by thexcrimsonxghostie
I'm a machinist apprentice and like my mentor I cannot stand when maintenance guys go using our stuff and not put it back or get it damaged.

Lync Volan

Quote from: Jcfraven on 2016 Feb 01, 12:08:32
People who don't understand the differences between "their" "there" and "they're"(and similar grammatical problems). It's time to bloody grow up, and learn to talk and write correctly.
i still don't understand how it hurts anybody, not to mention that its majorly difficult for me no matter how much older i get, besides personally i'd assume the older someone gets the more ability to let things go would be present instead of holding on to something like grammar things that hardly harm anyone ono
Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2016 Feb 01, 16:59:54
Hmmm.. Depends on where you live, but you could go walking around.
I've wandered around small patches of woods with one of my friends before.
My mom said that when she was a teenager, she and her friends walked through one of those channels that catches a ton of rain water, trying to see where they'd end up. I've always wanted to do that. I don't mean rain gutters, I mean the deep channels made of cement and stuff that have some sections open due to where they are. I dunno if other places have them or not.
There was a small forest area at my old house but not where i'm at, at the moment, i'm just really scared about making friends outside still cause of that one simple thing, i mean i don't want those awkward moments hanging out outside because there was noting to do, besides i still don't like going outside by myself unless i have a certain thing to do, going outside just for the sake of going outside sounds so lame and REALLY awkward

Disney Channel has this commercial for something called "Funentines" and i really love the song but can't seem to find info on it anywhere, even after googling the lyrics and the Disney Commercial DD:

Midnight Breeze

Posting a Lenny face on a valve server should be an instant VAC ban. Would improve the quality of the servers 2000%.

Jcfraven

Quote from: Lync Volan on 2016 Feb 02, 00:07:13
i still don't understand how it hurts anybody, not to mention that its majorly difficult for me no matter how much older i get, besides personally i'd assume the older someone gets the more ability to let things go would be present instead of holding on to something like grammar things that hardly harm anyone.

Grammar is an important element to our society, something that one must have a basic grasp of. I'm not trying to insult anyone, but it truly does anger me, especially when one doesn't even try to use the right terminology.

thexcrimsonxghostie

Quote from: Jcfraven on 2016 Feb 02, 05:34:30
Grammar is an important element to our society, something that one must have a basic grasp of. I'm not trying to insult anyone, but it truly does anger me, especially when one doesn't even try to use the right terminology.

I'm a redneck and I may not be THE most grammatically correct. But yeah I kinda get perturbed when I see there, their, and they're misused among other things.

DawnsEmbrace

Quote from: Chromastone64 on 2016 Jan 29, 06:04:41

Dude, wasn't the release date out ages ago?
What makes your decision worse is that Fates is in two versions with significant differences between them.
<br />

PrincessButton

This stupid H&R Block commercial that plays on Hulu every other time I get a commercial. X - X Make it staaaahp.
[Avatar drawn by Dusky Hues; Thank you!]

Little Star

Quote from: PrincessButton on 2016 Feb 02, 19:17:42
This stupid H&R Block commercial that plays on Hulu every other time I get a commercial. X - X Make it staaaahp.

This except with Spotify and the same Spotify commercial over and over.

Go Up