Tooth of the Matter (Open Mystery RP in Canterlot)

Started by friedbeaver, 2014 Dec 12, 00:19:09

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

friedbeaver

"And where were you, huh?" Keepers asked, his eyes narrowing. "Pretty suspicious of you to come here of all places AFTER a robbery, eh? You turn to stealing teeth now?" He marched up the customer, so that they were eye-to-eye. "You think you're really clever, huh?"

StarrBee

"Please calm down sir." Quick Silver said to Keepers. She turned back to the customer. "Yes, there was a robbery, you saw someone leaving?" she asked, intrigued. "I'd reccomend speaking to Mr. Lane over there about that."

LostSanity

Quote from: Midnight Skies on 2015 Mar 18, 06:41:11
Midnight nodded, "I just came by to check on him. I saw someone leave here in a pretty big hurry late last night and I was afraid someone had broken in. I take it that I was right?" She frowns, hoping nothing very major was stolen

This comment made Lane look up. This is exactly what they needed believe it or not, a potential witness.

"Could you describe the pony that you saw in as much detail as you possibly can?" asked Lane to the potential witness
[shadow=gray,left]I'M ONLY HAPPY WHEN IT REIGNS[/shadow]

The Roman Reigns of the forum

Midnight Skies

((sorry guys, ive been away for a couple days, Is there a specific description im supposed to give or do i just make it up?))

"Well.." Midnight started. "It was really dark, so i didnt get to see much." She frowned. "I would have to really think to remember if i did see anything notable."
Sad pizza eating

possibly remaking

LostSanity

Quote from: Midnight Skies on 2015 Mar 20, 18:37:51
((sorry guys, ive been away for a couple days, Is there a specific description im supposed to give or do i just make it up?))

"Well.." Midnight started. "It was really dark, so i didnt get to see much." She frowned. "I would have to really think to remember if i did see anything notable."

((I don't know. I assumed the RP creator told you who did it. If not then it's up to you.))

Lane facehooved. But he wasn't exactly surprised. It looked as though the witness didn't seem to be able to see the suspect all that well. He sighed and then spoke up once more.

"I see. Were you at least able to tell if it was an earth pony, unicorn, or pegasus and if it was a mare or a stallion?" asked Lane

Midnight Skies

((I dont think they did, so I s'pose its up to me.))

"Hmm...Oh yeah! It was definitely a stallion, Im not sure what he was though, I didnt see wings, or a horn. I assume if he was a unicorn he could have just teleported out the door instead of having to actually open it, yknow? And he wore like, some kind of hooded thing, so I really couldnt see his face at all." Midnight nodded, trying to think of anything else she saw that could be really important.
Sad pizza eating

possibly remaking

LostSanity

Quote from: Midnight Skies on 2015 Mar 22, 15:25:27
((I dont think they did, so I s'pose its up to me.))

"Hmm...Oh yeah! It was definitely a stallion, Im not sure what he was though, I didnt see wings, or a horn. I assume if he was a unicorn he could have just teleported out the door instead of having to actually open it, yknow? And he wore like, some kind of hooded thing, so I really couldnt see his face at all." Midnight nodded, trying to think of anything else she saw that could be really important.

"I see. So we seem to be looking for an earth pony stallion. You've been a huge help here. Thanks a lot" stated Lane as he then turned to Mr. Keepers and spoke to him next.

"You heard our witness here correct? Are any of the ponies that you gave me a list of earth pony stallions?" asked Lane.

This would not only narrow down their search, but, save them time as well.

Midnight Skies

"Can I help you guys look?, I could totally show you guys the direction I saw him ran. Maybe he dropped something?"
Sad pizza eating

possibly remaking

LostSanity

Quote from: Midnight Skies on 2015 Mar 22, 18:58:08
"Can I help you guys look?, I could totally show you guys the direction I saw him ran. Maybe he dropped something?"

Lane turned back to the witness and spoke to him while he waited for Mr. Keepers to respond to his question.

"That would be helpful. The more hooves to help resolve this the better. As long as Ms. Silver is okay with it" remarked Lane as he looked towards Quick Silver and waited for her input.

friedbeaver

Upon looking at it, he nodded. "Yeah, some bloke by the name of Horseshoe Graves. Reckon he must know a thing or two about it."

If they did indeed follow the trail, they would be led into a dimly lit alleyway, where one homeless mare could be seen sleeping soundly against a trash can.

Midnight Skies

"So, uh..This guy stole your tooth? Thats a pretty odd thing to steal." She said, suppressing a tiny grin at the silly notion.
Sad pizza eating

possibly remaking

StarrBee

Quote from: LostSanity on 2015 Mar 22, 19:00:23
Lane turned back to the witness and spoke to him while he waited for Mr. Keepers to respond to his question.

"That would be helpful. The more hooves to help resolve this the better. As long as Ms. Silver is okay with it" remarked Lane as he looked towards Quick Silver and waited for her input.

"I'm fine with it, I'm ready to go when everyone else is." the mare said calmly.

LostSanity

Quote from: friedbeaver on 2015 Mar 22, 21:01:03
Upon looking at it, he nodded. "Yeah, some bloke by the name of Horseshoe Graves. Reckon he must know a thing or two about it."

If they did indeed follow the trail, they would be led into a dimly lit alleyway, where one homeless mare could be seen sleeping soundly against a trash can.

Quote from: Midnight Skies on 2015 Mar 22, 22:32:39
"So, uh..This guy stole your tooth? Thats a pretty odd thing to steal." She said, suppressing a tiny grin at the silly notion.

Quote from: Quill Ink on 2015 Mar 23, 12:54:53
"I'm fine with it, I'm ready to go when everyone else is." the mare said calmly.

"We should go as soon as possible. The more time we give to this thief, the more time we give him to possibly sell it or... do whatever else it is he wants to do with it" stated Lane.

With that said, he began to make his way to the address listed for "Horseshoe Graves" on the note that was given to him by Mr. Keepers with the other two ponies hopefully following behind him.

friedbeaver

The residence itself was a cozy little two-story house nestled between an oatburger joint and a casket maker. Growing in a small pot to the side, was a series of tiny lilies, with a kind light blue mare tending to them with a watering can.

LostSanity

Quote from: friedbeaver on 2015 Mar 23, 18:22:22
The residence itself was a cozy little two-story house nestled between an oatburger joint and a casket maker. Growing in a small pot to the side, was a series of tiny lilies, with a kind light blue mare tending to them with a watering can.

Lane approached the mare and spoke to her.

"Excuse me miss, does a 'Horseshoe Graves' live here?" asked Lane

friedbeaver

"Oh yes, I'm his niece, Miss Fine Print Graves at your service." The mare took off her gardening glove, raising it for him to shake. "Is my uncle in any sort of trouble?"

It was clear now that she was a pegasus, with a nice dark grey mane tied in a bun under soft violet blue eyes. Her body was rather average though, and she had a cheery complexion, albeit being a tad short.

"He's currently out, but my Aunt Graves is in there if you're curious."

LostSanity

Quote from: friedbeaver on 2015 Mar 25, 16:19:36
"Oh yes, I'm his niece, Miss Fine Print Graves at your service." The mare took off her gardening glove, raising it for him to shake. "Is my uncle in any sort of trouble?"

It was clear now that she was a pegasus, with a nice dark grey mane tied in a bun under soft violet blue eyes. Her body was rather average though, and she had a cheery complexion, albeit being a tad short.

"He's currently out, but my Aunt Graves is in there if you're curious."

Lane shook the mare's hand. He didn't want to be rude.

"It depends on what your definition of 'trouble' is. Finders Keepers has had his golden tooth stolen from him. Unfortunately... we have a witness stating he saw a earth pony stallion leaving the scene of the crime. I'm not trying to say that your uncle is the culprit, but, it would be better if me and my associates here spoke to him about this as soon as possible. Do you know how soon he will be returning?" informed and asked Lane.

He could only hope that all of this information wouldn't upset this mare...

friedbeaver

(I'm going to be gone for a week or more till April 12th, so perhaps if you guys want to continue this with theories or hold off, it's up to you)

Miss Graves shook her head. "Probably not in a while I'm afraid. But my Aunt is here so perhaps you could talk with her?"

LostSanity

Quote from: friedbeaver on 2015 Mar 27, 11:34:35
(I'm going to be gone for a week or more till April 12th, so perhaps if you guys want to continue this with theories or hold off, it's up to you)

Miss Graves shook her head. "Probably not in a while I'm afraid. But my Aunt is here so perhaps you could talk with her?"

((I'll respond but I guess after this we should just hold off.  :s))

Lane was slightly annoyed. They couldn't just sit and wait.

"Alright. We'll take you up on your offer" responded Lane as he began to head inside the house with the other ponies hopefully still following behind him.

friedbeaver

(Okay, I'll try to give up as many information as I can)

A taller, slender grey pony with a light blue mane was sitting at the door, cradling a cup of wine in her hooves. "Yes? Who is it?"

-------

Anypony staying with Mrs. Graves would see that she went back to work, but perhaps could use some help as she struggled with one of the bags of fertilizer.

Go Up