Tooth of the Matter (Open Mystery RP in Canterlot)

Started by friedbeaver, 2014 Dec 12, 00:19:09

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

LostSanity

Quote from: friedbeaver on 2015 Mar 27, 19:16:54
(Okay, I'll try to give up as many information as I can)

A taller, slender grey pony with a light blue mane was sitting at the door, cradling a cup of wine in her hooves. "Yes? Who is it?"

-------

Anypony staying with Mrs. Graves would see that she went back to work, but perhaps could use some help as she struggled with one of the bags of fertilizer.

"My name is Lane Logikin. I'm a detective from Ponyville. Are you the wife of Horseshoe Graves? Also... would you like help with that?" asked Lane.

He would allow the other ponies, who were hopefully still with him, to introduce themselves.

((Because they aren't posting/went missing again.  :s))
[shadow=gray,left]I'M ONLY HAPPY WHEN IT REIGNS[/shadow]

The Roman Reigns of the forum

Midnight Skies

Midnight stepped in behind Lane, wondering what they could find out from the mare
Sad pizza eating

possibly remaking

friedbeaver

She hoofed him a bottle of wine. "Thank you, lay the bottle there, detective. And what would you like from my dear husband this time now?"

------------

Miss Graves was still struggling with the fertilizer, but managed to flip it over. (Sorry met Miss Graves not Mrs.)

LostSanity

Quote from: friedbeaver on 2015 Mar 29, 20:52:14
She hoofed him a bottle of wine. "Thank you, lay the bottle there, detective. And what would you like from my dear husband this time now?"

------------

Miss Graves was still struggling with the fertilizer, but managed to flip it over. (Sorry met Miss Graves not Mrs.)

Now? This could mean that Mr. Graves has spoken with some sort of police pony before. Lane might have to keep this in mind.

"Well... a witness places an earth pony stallion at the scene of the crime of a robbery of a golden tooth owned by Mr. Finders Keepers. I'm not saying it was your husband who was the pony seen, however, are you acquainted with Mr. Keepers?" asked Lane.

He had to get a baseline for what Mrs. Graves knew about the victim before he would move on to questions concerning the crime and possibly if her husband had an alibi.

StarrBee

//Whoops I went to Germany. I got back yesterday and I've been busy all of today, so I'm sorry I haven't been posting. I'll do my best to catch up.//

Quick Silver had followed the others inside and stood close by, listening to see if she could catch any useful information. She considered speaking with Miss. Graves, but the mare seemed busy with work right now and was worried she'd be a burden at this moment in time.

friedbeaver

"My husband knows him." Mrs. Graves said rather sternly. "I find the pony to be a cheap scape and one who deserves that he gets. He thinks he can sell my husband useless knick knacks and jack up the price. He's the real thief if you ask me."

-------------

Just before Quill could enter, however, Miss Graves called out. "I'm terribly sorry, Officer, but could you help me with this fertilizer?"

LostSanity

Quote from: friedbeaver on 2015 Apr 07, 16:41:43
"My husband knows him." Mrs. Graves said rather sternly. "I find the pony to be a cheap scape and one who deserves that he gets. He thinks he can sell my husband useless knick knacks and jack up the price. He's the real thief if you ask me."

Lane wasn't really concerned with any issues with the victim. All that was important here was that a crime occurred and somepony had to be brought to justice for it.

"I see. If you don't mind me asking, what was your husband doing yesterday evening?" asked Lane.

Lane was done messing around. He had to see if Mr. Graves had an alibi. This was a a vague question however. Depending on how Mrs. Graves responded, he might have to get a little more specific.

friedbeaver

(Okay, 8 days or so I think stands for a week so I'm going to make the next post)

"Well yesterday, he had to leave dinner early due to some accident at the company, I believe a shoe factory if I recall it correctly. Either way, he didn't come back till a tad later, and when I asked him what happened, he didn't want to say."

LostSanity

Quote from: friedbeaver on 2015 Apr 15, 10:44:23
(Okay, 8 days or so I think stands for a week so I'm going to make the next post)

"Well yesterday, he had to leave dinner early due to some accident at the company, I believe a shoe factory if I recall it correctly. Either way, he didn't come back till a tad later, and when I asked him what happened, he didn't want to say."

"I see. I'm assuming your husband is currently at work then? If so, where exactly does he work if you don't mind me asking?" asked Lane.

He wasn't getting anywhere with this pony. He was beginning to seriously contemplate going to Horseshoe Graves place of work and speaking with him there. They couldn't waste anymore time.

friedbeaver

"Well...yes he works at the carpet weaver's factory in Canterlot? The big one near the center of town?"

She shook her head. "If you honestly think my husband would rob some store for a few coins, you're quite wrong dear sir. He's not a thief. He's a buisnesspony."

LostSanity

Quote from: friedbeaver on 2015 Apr 15, 18:51:37
"Well...yes he works at the carpet weaver's factory in Canterlot? The big one near the center of town?"

She shook her head. "If you honestly think my husband would rob some store for a few coins, you're quite wrong dear sir. He's not a thief. He's a buisnesspony."

Lane honestly wasn't sure where that was at. However, if it was truly in the center of town, he shouldn't have any problems finding it.

"It wasn't bits that were stolen. It was a golden tooth" informed Lane. He then began to head to the door. Unless the pony had anything else to say to him, or tried to stop him, he would leave the building.

He spoke to the ponies outside.

"I found out where Mr. Graves works. Let's see if we can find him there" suggested Lane to the other ponies.

Midnight Skies

Sad pizza eating

possibly remaking

LostSanity

Lane, with hopefully the other ponies in tow, headed towards the center of Canterlot. Once there, hopefully, they would find the carpet weaver factory that Mrs. Graves mentioned.

friedbeaver

The Carpeteria was a large, circular building colored in various geometic patterns, and pixelated panels to indicate the factory was a carpet in itself. Along the bottom, tassel lines showed the windows that seemed tinted and forlorned.

A lone guard stood at the gate, checking in ponies as he went.

LostSanity

Quote from: friedbeaver on 2015 Apr 18, 22:23:33
The Carpeteria was a large, circular building colored in various geometic patterns, and pixelated panels to indicate the factory was a carpet in itself. Along the bottom, tassel lines showed the windows that seemed tinted and forlorned.

A lone guard stood at the gate, checking in ponies as he went.

Lane approached the guard and spoke to him.

"Hello. My name is Lane Logikin. I'm a detective from Ponyville. Do you know if a Mr. Horseshoe Graves works here and if he is currently here?" asked Lane

friedbeaver

"Graves?" The guard chuckled. "Sure buddy, but this is private property Ya' need a warrant fore you come in here and it better be murder before I do."

LostSanity

Quote from: friedbeaver on 2015 Apr 24, 20:15:17
"Graves?" The guard chuckled. "Sure buddy, but this is private property Ya' need a warrant fore you come in here and it better be murder before I do."

Lane wanted to scream. But he didn't. He simply left the guard alone and went back to the other ponies.

"Well we're back to square one. We need a warrant and those aren't exactly given out for simple thefts. Anypony have any ideas?" asked Lane

friedbeaver

At that moment, however, a grey stallion was exiting through the gate, tipping his hat at the guard. "Take care Baggages."

The guard simply scoffed. "Yeah yeah, take care Mr. umm...Not Graves."

LostSanity

Quote from: friedbeaver on 2015 May 05, 11:03:50
At that moment, however, a grey stallion was exiting through the gate, tipping his hat at the guard. "Take care Baggages."

The guard simply scoffed. "Yeah yeah, take care Mr. umm...Not Graves."

Lane somehow heard this.

"Well... that... was lucky..." remarked Lane to the other ponies.

He began to observe this 'Not Graves' pony. If he began to move, Lane would attempt to follow him, but, try to be careful enough so 'Not Graves' wouldn't become suspicious.

friedbeaver

Not Graves gave the guard an odd look before turning and seeing the detectives up ahead. "Oh, hello there! Can I help you gents?"

Go Up