Ponies: Lost In Space [OOC]

Started by FakeSmile, 2015 Dec 09, 21:40:51

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Purple

that sounds like a really good idea :D i'm all for it  ^-^

Julien999

2016 Apr 22, 02:56:29 #501 Last Edit: 2016 Apr 22, 08:02:08 by Julien999
Say this to Misty Fly, I'm affraid he will ignore it. (He don't seem to look into the OOCs nor read carefully. Also, all those vague informations come from Misty. No offense, just confusion.)

ScarletInk

Hi, guys!

Sorry for my recent disappearance, but with spring starting I met some health problems - don't worry, I'm fine, it happens every year, I'm used to it! - that pretty much drained my energies and my motivation. Luckily, I'm already getting better.  ^-^

I just finished reading the last three posts and I agree with @FakeSmile 's points, especially about having too many events happening too close to each other - for this, I admit having miscalculated the time to introduce the alien monster and having my own character running around without a clear idea on how to help and, in the end, not knowing what to do but follow the others.

I also agree with the idea of the time-skip, and, especially, with establishing beforehand what kind of relationship and events happened during the month we'll be skipping over: it will put at ease characters and RPers in their situation and we'll be able to avoid straining the users with other psychologically draining events.

If nobody else has already done it, I will notify this discussion to @Misty Fly , hoping he will listen and read it.
"Oh, somewhere deep inside of these bones
An emptiness began to grow
There's something out there, far from my home
A longing that I've never known"
- "Jack's Lament", Danny Elfman

Julien999

I just... removed something... Whoops.

FakeSmile

Glad to hear you're getting better Scarlet.

Do you want to have a voting system or your approval for events?
🌻🌻🌻   🌻🌻🌻   🌻🌻🌻

ScarletInk

I'd prefer a voting system, I'm a fan of democracy.  ^-^

Misty Fly

okay...so how much do we have to skip? where our characters gonna be now?
Magic...

ScarletInk

Quote from: Misty Fly on 2016 Apr 22, 11:22:37
okay...so how much do we have to skip? where our characters gonna be now?

The plan is to skip one month to give the characters the time to adjust themselves to their situation, but before doing that we're going to discuss it here in the OOC, to decide what kind of relationship the ponies formed, how they're coping with living in space and the loss of their planet, etc...

Spoiler: show
Quote from: FakeSmile on 2016 Apr 21, 19:20:19
The main reason why this "pause" tends to happen is because the party as a whole get burns out.
First we had Nameless launch to Space.
Then we had the Monster.
Then we had Maple run off the ship.
Then we had the space suit.

All these happened back to back. I understand y'all might not know what to do and want to keep this alive, but adding another event isnt the route to go. It exhaust people and majority of the time people don't communicate what they have planned, which leads to more confusion. I even have a hard time caring for the cast because Galacto barely knows anyone. There is no down time to form bonds and stabilize who are characters are, because an event is thrown in and everyone wants to be part of it in fear of being left behind. Galacto has no real reason to care for anyone on this ship; they are all strangers to him. The only real conversation he had with someone is with Sparkle ( One good conversation but it was mostly about how she felt so no huge bond was formed), Nameless and Scarlet.

This thread is probably the most exhausting RP I ever been apart of. Not that I didn't have my moments that I was enjoying the RP, but I am tired right after the event.

So how to continue about this RP? We need to establish a few things.

[Hr]

[B]Number One: Events[/b]

Events for now on will either need Scarlet's approval or go through a voting system. This will get rid of confusion and make everything a lot easier.

[B]Number Two: Event Limit [/b]

We don't need an event every other minute. I find it hard to find these events interesting once one just end. It takes away any down time to reflect on the event when you thrown in a new one.

[B]Number Three: Locations [/b]

Figure out all the rooms we want and what their purpose are. This will give us a general idea of the ship and we can interact with the environment better. More places means more fun time.

[B]Number Four: Characters [/b]

Figure out your character's weakness and strengths. They are on a ship and have no idea what is going on. How would you feel if you were pulled away from your family? How would you act when face to a monster? How would you interact with the environment and those around you? It is a nice touch to see a pony not act the hero and show some real emotions. Analyze the situation and see if your pony fits in it well. Not all events will be meant for your pony, and that is okay. I find it most interesting to read internal dialog of a character.

[Hr]

I am not calling out anyone, these are just meant to clear up confusion and make RP with each other easier. I have failed many of these rules and I shouldn't had made Galacto so chipper. I shouldn't have over done the whole "useless" thing. I shouldn't put him in events that require me to be there in order for the thread to continue. I have my weakness as a Role Player, and I have my strengths; we all do. Never will I ask for perfection, as long as you give me your best shot then I can't complain. This RP is fun, but I do not want to feel exhausted as soon as I see the yellow star filled on this thread. Now, here is my solution.

As soon as the Rescue mission is over, we time skip a month. Over this month, everyone should feel a bit "at home" in the RP. During that month nothing will happen, but we can discuss here who spent time with who, and who are good friends. We can move past a lot of the events and they can be a distant memory. The crew can either figure out how to get home or continue on the path the space ship is heading.

Think of it as a fresh start; you can have your OC behave how you wanted them to within the story line. We also can make these events more meaningful and organized. And we can actually make some progress in this RP. I would like to see this RP make it to the end and not shrivel up and die.

[Hr]

Its up to y'all, this is just my suggestion.

Up here, FakeSmile explained it pretty well, along with pointing out the facts that brought the RP to stop for a while, and I'd suggest you to read it before proceding further, to avoid being left behind while we proceed.

FakeSmile

So the core events should be established. These will be the heart of the RP. Each core event will lead up to the next one and will have subplots and events in between them.

The core event we are in right now is the "Pod Mission". This pod mission is leading up to the " Virulent's Secret"; which will be her revealing what happened to Equestrian. That will lead to the "Decision"; which will decide if the crew goes back to Equestria or continue onto the new planet.

These core events are not meant to be fixed or resolved within a few posts. For the sake of the conversation still happen with the crew, Virulent would be in a coma during the whole month skip. Even when she does wake up, she won't reveal the mission just yet. Think of these core events as chapters in a book and the other events are the pages in between them.

This gives everyone time to build up their characters and have subplots. But if you think any other core events should be added, let us know. I didn't add any core events after the "Decision" event since we gotta know which route they will be heading.
🌻🌻🌻   🌻🌻🌻   🌻🌻🌻

Julien999

Um, it's seems like we are waiting for something?

I was thinking about finding the greenhouse on the ship.
Quote from: ScarletInk on 2016 Apr 07, 01:44:32
It has been established, a little back in the OOC,  that there's a whole greenhouse on the ship, we just never had the chance to bring it on.  X3
Now we have the chance to bring it on.

ScarletInk

From where we stopped, there should be a good exit point from the infirmary,but both Keldeo and Deep Sense are blocked in bed, Marble probably won't move from there - guys, stop me if I'm wrong -, so we have Scarlet, Mimic, Galacto and Sparkle free to move on the ship and maybe find the greenhouse.

Julien999

Hmm, I am worried for Nameless since it was a long time I haven't seen him replying.

Purple

Quote from: ScarletInk on 2016 Apr 28, 14:31:17
From where we stopped, there should be a good exit point from the infirmary,but both Keldeo and Deep Sense are blocked in bed, Marble probably won't move from there - guys, stop me if I'm wrong -, so we have Scarlet, Mimic, Galacto and Sparkle free to move on the ship and maybe find the greenhouse.

oh, I almost forgot to mention:  FakeSmile and I were talking in PM, and we had an idea for a subplot for Galacto and Sparkle, and Sparkle is currently set up waiting for that (hence why she's just listening to music right now :P

I was going to post about it earlier, but FakeSmile told me to wait a bit, so I waited, and I wasn't sure when to post it xP  I guess i'll just post it now lol

So this was basically our idea:

Spoiler: The Idea • show
prologue:
Currently, Sparkle is waiting for Keldeo to return to the communications room.  She was getting anxious, and needed a way to distract herself.  She found Galacto's records, and decided to play them to keep herself busy until Keldeo returned.  (this part already happened.)

everything else after:
the concept of the plot is that Galacto somehow discovers Sparkle listening to his music, is thrilled to know someone else enjoys the genre, and offers to give Sparkle Swing dance lessons.  This would lead to Keldeo walking in at an awkward time, and a misunderstanding commences, thus causing shipping drama between Keldeo and Sparkle :3

I'm not %100 percent sure how this would play out, but i'd assume Galacto would walk by the communications room or something, and the story would just kinda go from there.

So, that's basically the idea ^-^ sorry if that doesn't make much sense Lol, i'm terrible at explaining things :P

If you have any questions, let me know  ^-^

all of that was written out earlier, so i just copy-pasted it into this post XD

ScarletInk

Quote from: Julien999 on 2016 Apr 28, 17:43:53
Hmm, I am worried for Nameless since it was a long time I haven't seen him replying.

Well, he did warn that he wouldn't be able to reply very often and, with the RP stopping, it isn't a surprise we lost track of him.

Quote from: Purple on 2016 Apr 28, 17:49:16
oh, I almost forgot to mention:  FakeSmile and I were talking in PM, and we had an idea for a subplot for Galacto and Sparkle, and Sparkle is currently set up waiting for that (hence why she's just listening to music right now :P

I was going to post about it earlier, but FakeSmile told me to wait a bit, so I waited, and I wasn't sure when to post it xP  I guess i'll just post it now lol

So this was basically our idea:

Spoiler: The Idea • show
prologue:
Currently, Sparkle is waiting for Keldeo to return to the communications room.  She was getting anxious, and needed a way to distract herself.  She found Galacto's records, and decided to play them to keep herself busy until Keldeo returned.  (this part already happened.)

everything else after:
the concept of the plot is that Galacto somehow discovers Sparkle listening to his music, is thrilled to know someone else enjoys the genre, and offers to give Sparkle Swing dance lessons.  This would lead to Keldeo walking in at an awkward time, and a misunderstanding commences, thus causing shipping drama between Keldeo and Sparkle :3

I'm not %100 percent sure how this would play out, but i'd assume Galacto would walk by the communications room or something, and the story would just kinda go from there.

So, that's basically the idea ^-^ sorry if that doesn't make much sense Lol, i'm terrible at explaining things :P

If you have any questions, let me know  ^-^

all of that was written out earlier, so i just copy-pasted it into this post XD

It's a pretty cute idea: it's not a situation as heavy as the last ones and it still could help cementing some relationships.  ^-^

Purple

Quote from: ScarletInk on 2016 Apr 28, 17:56:34
It's a pretty cute idea: it's not a situation as heavy as the last ones and it still could help cementing some relationships.  ^-^

Thanks! :) if you still want to explore the greenhouse before the event, I could always have Keldeo try to be a tough cookie and attempt walking xD

ScarletInk

With Mommy Scarlet watching him? He better sedate her, first.  lol

As for the greenhouse, we don't need to rush it, let it come naturally. Actually, I was thinking... Wasn't Virulent Valley a botanist?

Purple

Quote from: ScarletInk on 2016 Apr 28, 18:13:30
With Mommy Scarlet watching him? He better sedate her, first.  lol

lol

Quote from: ScarletInk on 2016 Apr 28, 18:13:30
Wasn't Virulent Valley a botanist?

I think so ^-^ at least, i'm pretty sure lol

Nameless Whirlwind

Quote from: Julien999 on 2016 Apr 28, 17:43:53

I am here.

IRL stuff bogging me down, but I do want to post something soon...
Signature.

Maplewood

sorry for not being on kinda burned out for a bit there

ScarletInk

Don't worry, Maple, you weren't the only one.  ^-^

Go Up