Travius Trott's Minecraft server. [well, it was a pleasure being admin for this]

Started by Travius Trott, 2012 Mar 19, 14:13:58

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

The Silent Wolf

I went on.. got 1FPS doubt I'll ever be on in the future unless I get one of those 9,000$ gaming computers. Sorry guys.
If The Silent Wolf is to long, just call me Kake

Skype if you happen to want to talk to me: Pokemonvskirby
I'm a little seal nerd, short and stout, here is my flipper, here is my snout~

Rikaria

Quote from: Animalia on 2012 Nov 26, 15:37:10
Okay so I was on the server just now and this popped up

Spoiler: show

Huh... so the server's fine? (It still seems like a bit of a prank, though...)
If I'm not here, I'm most likely on Pokémon Shuffle's Miiverse community.

Forestfire

Ründo

wait now I'm confused. Travis have you confirmed that the group officially decided to shutdown.
Currently: staring into space
Was: working on Tekner's MLP Minecraft Mod
Playing: Minecraft, Space Engineers, Cities: Skylines

Xeno Aura

It's quite hard to tell... the Obsidian host website has been down since Travius posted that message, I'm not sure if the owners decided to shut the website down, or if they are undergoing a large attack and the attackers sent out the email, and are continuing the attack on the site in order to keep it down and make it look genuine.

Certainly elaborate if it is a ruse.

Ryo_D_Disk

just a point, do you realy think the host of a server would message the entire server over contacting the owner, just saing dont trust random messages unless you know there source

Animalia

I didn't post it saying one way or the other I just figured that everyone should see it. I do find it odd that they spelled fake wrong and that they sent it over the server which I don't think would be a good way to contact the owner of the server.

Rikaria

Even if that message WAS real, you'd think they'd handle things better...

Alrecenk

It is plausible that if they've lost control of the website and the hackers are spoofing emails from them that messaging through their actual Minecraft servers (which are still running fine, so they probably haven't been hacked) is the best way to reach their users quickly (and quickly is more important than elegantly when your users are freaking out). Also, Minecraft cuts off the end of long messages, so that misspelled "fake" could simply be a cut off message. ...or hackers have gotten in, and they're just really sadistic getting our hopes up only to have them dashed again. I really hope it's the former. :s

Travius Trott

Well, no matter the case, it's a fact that the safety of Obsidianhost have been lessened quite the bit, that both their site and Email is surely either being hacked or have been hacked.
And, that they have ahold of my personal information already, I ought to have used a fake name when registering for that host service, well suffice to tell that I do not quite trust this host by much anymore.

So, I'll be looking out for a new host for the server, and will when I get home try to scavenge at the very least the whitelist.

Oh, it would appear that I got some fancy title, Notable pony, now that's something that I had not expected to gain.
Thanks everypony, for this most brilliant thing.

Xeno Aura

According to the Obsidian Host twitter feed, the email was sent out by an employee of Obsidian Host, and was not real. And that just the website is down temporarily, and their server hosting is fine.

But if they have employees working against them, I wouldn't trust them with my personal info either.

Travius Trott

Umm on latest news; I got spammail from different minecraft hosts.

One of the mails is not as much spam though, but is from Hostmink's site, and it seems that it was the employees that broke off the obbyhost, and if the mail is true then the CEO was a no-good one.

Well this is the confirmation that I can not trust neither obby nor mink for hosting, tomorrow I will attempt to get another server up and running.

There, now the server is paid, and I will update the main topic with a new IP when I have managed to configure the server it right.

Oh, it would appear that I got some fancy title, Notable pony, now that's something that I had not expected to gain.

Travius Trott

First of, I'd say pardon the double posting.

But the server is up for usage again, and the ip is the following:

Rikaria

Is that the server we'll be using for the LoE video group, or will it be another one?

Travius Trott

Quote from: Rikaria on 2012 Dec 01, 04:27:18
Is that the server we'll be using for the LoE video group, or will it be another one?

Aye, it's the same server.
But I'll make so that in the timeframe it's only those in the 'group' that can join, and that another world is loaded while we're adventuring.

Tiger

Quote from: Travius Trott on 2012 Dec 01, 04:35:09
Quote from: Rikaria on 2012 Dec 01, 04:27:18

Aye, it's the same server.
But I'll make so that in the timeframe it's only those in the 'group' that can join, and that another world is loaded while we're adventuring.

What about Wool Fortress? :3

A link to my tumblr above!
Tiger's OC page. Should re-do it...

Animalia

If you guys are going to be useing the same server :l then can you at least put something up so us other ponies know that we can't get on because your on and not something is wrong.

Travius Trott

Quote from: Animalia on 2012 Dec 01, 19:02:37
If you guys are going to be useing the same server :l then can you at least put something up so us other ponies know that we can't get on because your on and not something is wrong.

Pardon, and I'm afraid it drags out for a bit longer and that I have to get some sleep now.
So, there will unfortunately go some 4-8 hours till I manage to set the server back to it's 'normal' state.

Next time I will post a more clear notice about this, I promise.

Go Up