3D, 2D, Concept Art, Writing, Design, and Programming departments recruiting!

Started by Ellowee, 2013 Jul 02, 01:11:31

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

BeastlyBlack

Am Just Wondering what type of code with be done within unity and will they be need of other form of code to be done ?  (etc html,jave) becuse i want to help with the coding but i only know visusl basic  :l.

Also maybe if i pratice with unity for a month i may be considered if programers are still need ? 

Pipkin

Quote from: BeastlyBlack on 2013 Jul 15, 05:09:27
Am Just Wondering what type of code with be done within unity and will they be need of other form of code to be done ?  (etc html,jave) becuse i want to help with the coding but i only know visusl basic  :l.

Also maybe if i pratice with unity for a month i may be considered if programers are still need ?

I believe the code of choice with Unity is C# from what I read

Yeah, I barely know VB myself actually....

SapphireRose

The only thing I'm good at is mane styles... But I don't think that will get me anywhere...
/)

FanofRainbowDash

Lol there are alot of people applying if they are all accepted this game will be finished in NO TIME!

Nicole Artist

Well I've been waiting a month and a half and still no reply.
And here I thought I would be good enough.
I don't even know if my portfolio has been reviewed yet. Boy this is frustrating.
Should I just add on to it or something?

GlassMirror

Quote from: Nicole Artist on 2013 Jul 15, 19:14:46
I don't even know if my portfolio has been reviewed yet. Boy this is frustrating.

Well, I have been waiting too.
...But the only thing I can do is just wait and see if I get anything back (hope I do)
There's a lot of things there probably taking care of at the moment, so idk...

MiJyn

Quote from: GlassMirror on 2013 Jul 15, 20:00:46
Quote from: Nicole Artist on 2013 Jul 15, 19:14:46

Well, I have been waiting too.
...But the only thing I can do is just wait and see if I get anything back (hope I do)
There's a lot of things there probably taking care of at the moment, so idk...

Yeah, I'm guessing they're getting flooded with applications, and they need to be certain they want someone before they accept them, I assume...

oh well, let's hope that they will at least email people who don't get accepted, because just waiting without being told anything is very frustrating.
"I am your father" - Darth Vader (previously known as Anakin Skywalker)

Pipkin

Quote from: MiJyn on 2013 Jul 15, 21:33:58
oh well, let's hope that they will at least email people who don't get accepted, because just waiting without being told anything is very frustrating.

Quote from: Ellowee on 2013 Jul 02, 01:11:31

Only the applicants that the respective team leader is interested in will receive response emails.

However, they'll probably say when they'll close applications for certain departments

MiJyn

Quote from: Pipkin on 2013 Jul 15, 22:22:47

Only the applicants that the respective team leader is interested in will receive response emails.

However, they'll probably say when they'll close applications for certain departments

oh great, so they won't even take the time to say: not interested? I'm becoming less and less interested in working in an environment like this...

hypereddie

Quote from: MiJyn on 2013 Jul 15, 23:46:13

oh great, so they won't even take the time to say: not interested? I'm becoming less and less interested in working in an environment like this...

It makes sense, it saves time and effort for all team leaders. Lets say one team leader get 50 applications for writers, and only chooses 5. That team leader now has to go through the other 45 emails to grab the applicant's email to create a mass mail to everyone who wasn't accepted to just say "Sorry, you weren't accepted."

If the department is closed and you weren't emailed back the golden ticket of acceptance, you can pretty much assume from process of elimination that you weren't accepted because your application just wasn't good enough.

MiJyn

Quote from: hypereddie on 2013 Jul 16, 00:04:49

It makes sense, it saves time and effort for all team leaders. Lets say one team leader get 50 applications for writers, and only chooses 5. That team leader now has to go through the other 45 emails to grab the applicant's email to create a mass mail to everyone who wasn't accepted to just say "Sorry, you weren't accepted."

In gmail, there is a limit of 2000 people to send a single email to (in To, CC, or BCC.... backup here: http://support.google.com/a/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=166852 ). So it's not hard to do that at all. They just need to spend the extra 5-10 minutes to get a list of the emails who sent them, and tada! Yes, 5-10 minutes is a wee bit of time, but come on, at least be descent to those who didn't make it...

I'm thoroughly not impressed.

Nicole Artist

Quote from: MiJyn on 2013 Jul 16, 01:52:05
Quote from: hypereddie on 2013 Jul 16, 00:04:49

In gmail, there is a limit of 2000 people to send a single email to (in To, CC, or BCC.... backup here: http://support.google.com/a/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=166852 ). So it's not hard to do that at all. They just need to spend the extra 5-10 minutes to get a list of the emails who sent them, and tada! Yes, 5-10 minutes is a wee bit of time, but come on, at least be descent to those who didn't make it...

I'm thoroughly not impressed.

Yeah, I would have to agree. When you have work, even if its freelance work, communication is important. Leaving people hanging like this can be considered rude, or show unprofessionalism.
But I still want a spot as a concept artist for the experience. I think it's a great opportunity.
But I just have to sit here and wait, maybe send anya another email about whats going on.

linkedwolf

Hi I consider myself pretty good at writeing. :]
One problem is that im only 16 D:, but it would be great if you could give me a chance! :D

Thanks
~Linkedwolf ovO

Asterian Starfall

Quote from: linkedwolf on 2013 Jul 16, 14:04:50
One problem is that im only 16 D:, but it would be great if you could give me a chance! :D

Thanks
~Linkedwolf ovO

Not to be rude or critical, but your grammar...
Also, if you wish to apply, you need to send an email to [email protected] as well as some examples of your work and any other credentials you deem are important or relevant to the position.
"Luck is how you explain an overly-variabled scenario that went in your favor." - Asterian Élire Starfall

MiJyn

Quote from: Asterian on 2013 Jul 16, 14:48:31

Thanks
~Linkedwolf ovO

If he's good at writing, the team can fix his grammar/spelling errors without any issues...

Asterian Starfall

Quote from: MiJyn on 2013 Jul 16, 15:15:36
Quote from: Asterian on 2013 Jul 16, 14:48:31

Thanks
~Linkedwolf ovO

If he's good at writing, the team can fix his grammar/spelling errors without any issues...

Good point, but I'm also trying out, and as such I know some things do bleed through, even after much review.

And most everypony is going to be an editor from time to time as I understand it, so your grammar does need to be fairly top-notch. If nothing else, it makes you look more professional (and more favorable) when you can spell elaborate words without fail.
"Luck is how you explain an overly-variabled scenario that went in your favor." - Asterian Élire Starfall

Julius

Quote from: Asterian on 2013 Jul 16, 16:45:56I'm also trying out

Asterian, I have seen your posts everywhere lately. I must say I can see you getting a team badge above your name any day now. I'm not part of the team, mind you, but you seem like a perfect addition in my opinion. ^-^

I wish you good luck with your application my friend! :D
Purr~

Asterian Starfall

Quote from: Julius on 2013 Jul 17, 00:59:50
Asterian, I have seen your posts everywhere lately. I must say I can see you getting a team badge above your name any day now. I'm not part of the team, mind you, but you seem like a perfect addition in my opinion. ^-^

I wish you good luck with your application my friend! :D

Thanks! Maybe if I don't get writing, I could try Community Relations!

Aerial Perspective

I applied for concept artist, since that's what I have fun with. I am totally offering to work for free.  :3

I know 3d modeling and textures but only in autocad or maya.... :s ono

MiJyn

Quote from: Aerial Perspective on 2013 Jul 17, 17:46:16
I applied for concept artist, since that's what I have fun with. I am totally offering to work for free.  :3

I know 3d modeling and textures but only in autocad or maya.... :s ono

IIRC, one of their livestreams showed one of the 3D modelers using maya, so I think they're okay with it.

Go Up