jobs and careers

Started by hyper drive [HD], 2013 Jan 30, 01:07:48

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

hyper drive [HD]

what job would you love to have and if you have a job why did you take it. why do you want that job. what would you like to be. all the basic things.

for i, i would like to join the marines to earn money for college. after that id like to have a job at a museum and finally become a paleontologist. i always love going to museums. ever since i was a kid. but the exhibit that cought my eye was the prehistoric journey. so id like to work at denver museum because it would just bring back warm feelings then when im a paleontologist id be living my childhood dream X3

McSleuthburger

I want to be a space cowboy because space cowboy
Ye-olde ex mod
You've just been McSleuthburgered!

White Prism

2013 Jan 30, 08:42:21 #2 Last Edit: 2013 Jan 30, 09:13:05 by White Prism
[glow=red,2,300]Space Marine Scout in the sniper squad ovO[/glow]

[glow=darkgreen,2,300]Leaving Insane Prism alone (and jokes), I will love to work as a game designer in Square Enix...for try to save Final fantasy...Alas that's a dream, since I wont study videogame desing (not going to reach university)

Ill start studing in the next year Desing of web applications tought, so I will have to see what path that open. I guess it will be java applications or programs, since the market is now in fever with the apps for smartphones and tablets :P
[/glow]
Insanity? Me? *Laught evil and madly*

Link to my ponysona/OC~
http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=6392.0

The Silent Wolf

"Well, I'm already a fulltime ninja, so I have no job I want to persure." ~Spotun Willowleaf
Okay now after Spots said someting completely dumb, I actually am currently in a job in game making, I'm horrible at it but it's really fun to stick 2 metaballs onto a cube and call it a mouse Mr. Mouse. (Kittybone knows who Mr. Mouse is) But, in all truth I have no job. But I'm hoping I can be an animal scientist, studying animals such as Polar bears and elk, and when I see an injured one helping it, all because I love animals and don't ever want them to be hurt.
If The Silent Wolf is to long, just call me Kake

Skype if you happen to want to talk to me: Pokemonvskirby
I'm a little seal nerd, short and stout, here is my flipper, here is my snout~

Pipkin

Right now im a meat/seafood manager and cutter at a grocery store.  I took it because I started as a cleaning guy in the meat department back in 05 and worked my way up.  Its not my dream job but I make a fair amount of money.

My dream job would either be a computer programmer analyst or professional musician...

hyper drive [HD]

Quote from: McSleuthburger on 2013 Jan 30, 08:31:52
I want to be a space cowboy because space cowboy
your signature was my reaction

Detective Woona

Quote from: hyper drive [HD] on 2013 Jan 30, 01:07:48
for i, i would like to join the marines to earn money for college.

That's what I did! And boy, there were a lot of not fun moments involved. The college money is worth it, though. If you have any questions about the Marines, or how the GI Bill works, ask me. Don't ask a recruiter. A lot of them will tell you what you want to hear or word things to their advantage.

On that note, I was a bassoonist in a Marine Band for four years, and am now on my way to getting my teaching degree, and eventually my doctorate in conducting, so that I may become a director of bands at a nice college, or a conductor of a symphony orchestra. We'll see what job openings there are in ten years.  lol

Now why would I do all that? Because I love music.  :P
Steam Name: The Bird Lion
MC Name: Stalwart_Shield

Mmmm, quite.

The Wandering Magus

what job would you love to have and if you have a job why did you take it. why do you want that job. what would you like to be. all the basic things.

for i, i would like to join the marines to earn money for college. after that id like to have a job at a museum and finally become a paleontologist. i always love going to museums. ever since i was a kid. but the exhibit that cought my eye was the prehistoric journey. so id like to work at denver museum because it would just bring back warm feelings then when im a paleontologist id be living my childhood dream X3
I would *like* to be an top engineering researcher at one of the big technology firms around the Silicon Valley, doing a bit of professorship on the side.  I love finding new things and contributing to knowledge, as well as technology and research, and teaching others the information and skills.
(sorry Bakasan, chose this image)
Descriptions and art of my OCs here: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=2636
my art: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=298
visiting soldier sister, be back 8/12/2013

hyper drive [HD]

Quote from: Detective Woona on 2013 Jan 30, 15:42:34
for i, i would like to join the marines to earn money for college.

That's what I did! And boy, there were a lot of not fun moments involved. The college money is worth it, though. If you have any questions about the Marines, or how the GI Bill works, ask me. Don't ask a recruiter. A lot of them will tell you what you want to hear or word things to their advantage.

On that note, I was a bassoonist in a Marine Band for four years, and am now on my way to getting my teaching degree, and eventually my doctorate in conducting, so that I may become a director of bands at a nice college, or a conductor of a symphony orchestra. We'll see what job openings there are in ten years.  lol

Now why would I do all that? Because I love music.  :P
omg thanks finally i have someone to talk to about the military. my family is really only based on doctors and nurses lawyers and yada. i could pm you my questions if you dont mind. X3 ^-^

Midnight Breeze

Well, currently I'm working as a Mental Health Technician at my local hospital. It was always supposed to be a temporary job but I'm going on two years with them.

Ultimately my goal is to go to college in Computer Engineering and become a computer programmer. Though I need to wait a while before I can get proper financial aid for my tuition.

Apparently in FAFSA's eyes a 21 year old living on his own and paying for 100% of his living expenses is somehow not an independent. I can't get independent status unless I'm either over 24, married, have children, or am orphaned.

No reward for guessing which one will come first.  >:/

hyper drive [HD]

Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2013 Jan 30, 21:18:22
Well, currently I'm working as a Mental Health Technician at my local hospital. It was always supposed to be a temporary job but I'm going on two years with them.

Ultimately my goal is to go to college in Computer Engineering and become a computer programmer. Though I need to wait a while before I can get proper financial aid for my tuition.

Apparently in FAFSA's eyes a 21 year old living on his own and paying for 100% of his living expenses is somehow not an independent. I can't get independent status unless I'm either over 24, married, have children, or am orphaned.

that is my moms job right now

Julius

Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2013 Jan 30, 21:18:22
I can't get independent status unless I'm either over 24, married, have children, or am orphaned.

Knowing you, you'll wait until you're twenty four. NOW GIVE ME MY NON EXISTENT REWARD MAN! lol

*Ahem*

As for me, I only recently found out that I want to study Graphic Design, as I quite enjoy making my vectors and I want to learn everything about the field, not just vectors! :]

I'm quickly gathering a wide array of image editing software, slowly learning how to do things, and I'll ask for both a Bamboo Create Tablet and an Audio Interface for my birthday next month. ^-^

Which brings me to my other passion, music. I would very much like to study Audio Production, and just like with the graphic design, I'm slowly learning and quickly gathering the required tools! :D

I guess my dream jobs would be along the lines of creating the music and art for videogames, movies and television. Specially videogames... I actually have plans with my best friend (Who's going for programming, game design, all of those) to work on games as we progress with our studies. We as gamers know exactly what we want to do, how we want to do it and we got some good game ideas already. We hope to someday have our own videogame company... :)

Perhaps I'll study Multimedia Arts and Sciences, like somepony suggested to me, but to be honest I know nothing about that career... I have to look into that.... But it sounds to me like it involves those mentioned above and more... :ajshifty:

I don't know, I'll look into it one of these days... Either way, I don't think I'll be starting college this year either (That would mean two years of doing nothing, yay!)... So... Heh... X3

And that's about it for me! Music and Art (And well, flight with my own wings, but that's a bit more complicated... Hahaha!). Lovely dreams aren't they? Trust me when I say this... I'm going to passionately follow said dreams, and I'm not one to give up... So wish me luck! B)
Purr~

GuitarBrony

In regards to what I'd LIKE to do... that's a tricky one. I'd consider myself a bit of a blank-flank. I still haven't QUITE found myself yet. I'd like to possibly get into Psychology, mainly in the research end of it. But i'd have to deal with my own issues first. And i'm not sure how that will go. More realistically, I could see myself getting into writing in the game industry, or in some sort of clothing/costuming business, given that gaming/costuming are my hobbies.

Failing all that, i could pursue a career as a musician. maybe...

But until i figure out all that, I shall remain a PROUD CUTIE-MARK CRUSADER.

Oh. My current job is yardwork and odd jobs. I go where money takes me.
My music channels. Stop by if you'd like.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCw5aZPezsQwcJP9T4D1mJ7w
https://soundcloud.com/someponywithaguitar
"I suppose it's just interest... devoid of substance or purpose; a hypothetical pattern... for the satisfaction of bringing it to completion."

Jenzy

Ever since I was young, I've been drawing so crazy-much! The more years that have passed, the better and better I got at it.
Later on, I've always wanted to animate my own stuff. Then Flipnote Studio came out. I got animating on it, and with shows, I was more inspired like MLP: FiM, Adventure Time, Gravity Falls, etc.

And I used to have piano lessons back then, though I've kinda lost the skill to read notes, but I can play songs I've heard BY EAR.

Video games have also been my interest. In some games like Super Mario 63 (A Flash Mario game), I've created some levels from its level editor and I have a few Mario Kart tracks I've drawn on Computer Paper.

I'm also good with creating papercraft. And I was also interested in astronomy, and anything science. I still am, but it seems I'm trending from science to art.

I still can't decide whether I'll be an animator, cartoonist, engineer, musician, astrologist, etc. I have so much stuff to choose from! They're all wonderful!

ShadowHeart

I'm one of the few when you ask me what I want to be when I grow up, I say: "I dunno"

Join the changeling herd, or she'll devour your love!

Tiger

Quote from: ShadowHeart on 2013 Jan 31, 09:25:07
I'm one of the few when you ask me what I want to be when I grow up, I say: "I dunno"

High hoof  lol

A link to my tumblr above!
Tiger's OC page. Should re-do it...

Detective Woona

Quote from: hyper drive [HD] on 2013 Jan 30, 21:06:30
omg thanks finally i have someone to talk to about the military. my family is really only based on doctors and nurses lawyers and yada. i could pm you my questions if you dont mind. X3 ^-^

I don't mind at all. Send me anything.

Quote from: Tiger on 2013 Jan 31, 09:52:16
Quote from: ShadowHeart on 2013 Jan 31, 09:25:07

High hoof  lol

Don't feel rushed by any means. Keep on crusadin' and find that thing you really love to do, and try to make a job out of it.
That way, you can wake up every morning with a smile on your face, knowing you're going to have a great day at work.
Steam Name: The Bird Lion
MC Name: Stalwart_Shield

Mmmm, quite.

Blues-Music

Well i'm picking a prosecuter.
It seems fun , legal , and has a good pay.
It's very rare when a job has the combination of the three of those.
Usually you can only pick two of those traits for a job. The other one doesn't exist in the job  at all.

ShadowHeart

High hooves tiger and woona

Join the changeling herd, or she'll devour your love!

hyper drive [HD]

Quote from: ShadowHeart on 2013 Jan 31, 15:01:55
High hooves tiger and woona
group of friends i hang out with always says that

Go Up