The Silverdale Saga (Sign-up and OOC)

Started by Morning Glory, 2012 Jun 16, 06:16:38

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Morning Glory

I must apologize for my lack of activity. I've had a sick bird on my hands. He has pneumonia and needed all my attention. He is doing well, and the vet says he will get better soon. I'll get back to posting now. I'm sorry I did not inform everyone sooner.

Chautauquan

Real life always takes precedence... particularly life-and-death real life.
"I often wish that the two groups - adults and kids - could find a way to get along better. ... The biggest problem is, the adults have one of the most effective recruitment strategies in the world.

Give them enough time, and they'll turn any kid into one of them."
-Brandon Sanderson

The Wandering Magus

Quote from: Morning Glory on 2012 Jun 22, 19:37:29
I must apologize for my lack of activity. I've had a sick bird on my hands. He has pneumonia and needed all my attention. He is doing well, and the vet says he will get better soon. I'll get back to posting now. I'm sorry I did not inform everyone sooner.
:'( glad the bird is getting better :')
(sorry Bakasan, chose this image)
Descriptions and art of my OCs here: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=2636
my art: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=298
visiting soldier sister, be back 8/12/2013

Morning Glory

He's doing good. Thanks for your concern ^-^. I got him to eat some banana today, and he wouldn't eat at all before, so I think he's on the mend. I figured out how to get him to take his medicine by putting it in some apple juice. He hated taking it strait with a syringe, and I just spilled most of it on him. So I made it tastier. I taught him to drink it out of a spoon. It's kinda cute, in a pathetic way.

Enough of my bird talk- I tend to ramble about him. He's my little buddy.

Back to the Rp! I should be on top of things more now.

The Wandering Magus

Quote from: Morning Glory on 2012 Jun 23, 01:00:05
He's doing good. Thanks for your concern ^-^. I got him to eat some banana today, and he wouldn't eat at all before, so I think he's on the mend. I figured out how to get him to take his medicine by putting it in some apple juice. He hated taking it strait with a syringe, and I just spilled most of it on him. So I made it tastier. I taught him to drink it out of a spoon. It's kinda cute, in a pathetic way.

Enough of my bird talk- I tend to ramble about him. He's my little buddy.

Back to the Rp! I should be on top of things more now.

On the topic of the rp, should feather and juniper be going or minding the shop? I don't know the tradition here...
Descriptions and art of my OCs here: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=2636

Chautauquan

Everypony participates in the main festivities.  It's the uber-party, or summat.
"I often wish that the two groups - adults and kids - could find a way to get along better. ... The biggest problem is, the adults have one of the most effective recruitment strategies in the world.

Give them enough time, and they'll turn any kid into one of them."
-Brandon Sanderson

The Wandering Magus

Quote from: Chautauquan on 2012 Jun 23, 02:19:22
Everypony participates in the main festivities.  It's the uber-party, or summat.
all right then, thanks! :D

GalvinRoe

2012 Jun 23, 06:38:25 #47 Last Edit: 2012 Jun 23, 06:51:41 by GalvinRoe
Quote from: Morning Glory on 2012 Jun 23, 01:00:05

You made me laugh far too hard here lol! In a sad way of course.

Glad to hear you're doing all-right and that your bird pal is making a recovery. I'll pop back in the RP then, if you don't mind.

GalinndanDawnfire

2012 Jun 23, 11:44:08 #48 Last Edit: 2012 Jun 24, 02:29:56 by GalinndanDawnfire
Name: Dawnfire
Race: Unicorn
Appearance:

(that might not work so i will also fill in the rest)
Coat Color: Bright Red
Mane Color: Dark Red and Light Green
Tail Color: Yellow and Electric Blue
Eye Color: Yellow Green
Build: Slim and tall, not exactly athletic.
Special Talent: Magic (mostly combat magic but can also use utility spells)
Cutiemark: A flaming bolt of lightning.
Additional Skills: He is awfully good at running
Strengths: Good at logic puzzles, and combat magic if attacked by monsters, ( for a while after his family disappeared, he had to fend for himself in the wild. He doesn't know how to, for example, summon a spell that can do anything, but he can at least summon small fires and sparks of lightning). His utility spells include basic protective barriers (that can: keep fighting friends apart, catch falling items, provide some protection against flames, and can even create a temporary breathable area underwater), levitating objects (up to twice his own weight [around 120 kg.]), or just summoning a small flame to light up a dark area.
Weaknesses: Talking to fillies he finds attractive, getting into conversations that don't make other ponies at least dislike him, thinks he is more powerful than he actually is which leads him into a lot of trouble, has four left hooves.

Inventory-
Tools: His mind and horn
Accessories: A cape to keep himself warm on his travels.
Personal effects: His books for studying his magic, and saddle bags containing food and books

Background story and reason for being in Sivlerdale: Travelling to learn different magics and cultures. For more details see my OC page: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=3008.0
G-A-L-I-N-N-D-A-N. I'll keep fighting all the battles for the safety of my friends. I'm Dawnfirelicsious!

Teal Turken

May I use a Changeling OC in this RP? He's not an antagonist.

Link

Am I allowed to join this RP? I noticed that it's already started, plus, being an advanced one, I don't think I really qualify; I've only been in two roleplays before, and I don't really think I can be classified as advanced as of yet...

If I'm allowed to, please let me know; I've read the rules and up to page 4 in the roleplay, and I'd love to join. ^-^
[CENTER][/CENTER]

GalvinRoe

2012 Jun 24, 01:12:47 #51 Last Edit: 2012 Jun 24, 02:35:40 by GalvinRoe
Ah, it is as I predicted  :c. Ponies wishing to join after the go.

Well I'll be on here for a bit more Morning if your willing to stay on and get Right Hoof and maybe Bright Mane somewhere.

And if you feel like it, you can scare (or coax) Green Strokes out of his room.

Morning Glory

For everyone wishing to join after the fact- Myself and Chautauquan need to talk about it. We will get back to you soon, and we may contact applicants via PM as well.

I can tell you we will not allow changelings in this RP. This is a thread for ponies and ponies only. So no griffins, dragons, phoenixes, sea serpents, or anything else. Sorry! Maybe another time we'll host a RP for all kinds of creatures but this time we're sticking to ponies. That is what the fandom is about after all, right?

Galvin- Just do what you think is in character. We'll handle the rest. If you want Bright Mane to join in she can wander down to the fairgames.

Morning Glory

Galvin, you can go ahead and post again, since your characters didn't really interact with anything.

GalvinRoe

Hahaha, I was thinking about it. Thanks for stating that though, I really wouldn't have posted  :c. Bright Mane wanted to see Pink Lady. So if you would do another quick interaction there, I would appreciate it. Or if Pink Lady isn't there . . . . Well your the GM I'll leave it to you.

I will post for Right Hoof . . . right now.

Morning Glory

I'll slap up a GM post with Pink Lady if you like. She is one of my favorite NPCs.

GalvinRoe

2012 Jun 24, 04:45:03 #56 Last Edit: 2012 Jun 24, 04:57:53 by GalvinRoe
Much appreciation  :3! Let's see if I can't SLAP Right Hoof into the thick of things.

Allright that's it for me, I'm beat  :x. I'll try to post when I wake up again but won't be very active tomorrow.

Link

Quote from: GalvinRoe on 2012 Jun 24, 01:12:47
Ah, it is as I predicted  :c. Ponies wishing to join after the go.

Well I'll be on here for a bit more Morning if your willing to stay on and get Right Hoof and maybe Bright Mane somewhere.

And if you feel like it, you can scare (or coax) Green Strokes out of his room.

I'm really sorry, I didn't realize that it meant no-one joins after it started. Just ignore my post please, sorry again. I honestly didn't notice.  >.<
[CENTER][/CENTER]

Morning Glory

Hold on Link, that's not what Galvin was saying. You may still be able to join. We just need to figure out how to do it. I am a little irked that people didn't join when I announced the last call, but that's ok. We'll see if we can squeeze you in.

First, everyone will need a suitable character. If you've read the RP you know that this is an earth pony town and it should have mostly earth ponies in it. Unicorns and pegasi will be shunned by the populace and once the adventure begins, their abilities will be limited by an outside force. There simply shouldn't be that many non-earth ponies in Silverdale anyways. If you need help with this, Chautauquan can assist in building a suitable character for Silverdale. Just send him a PM.

Second, we may need you to show us how well you RP. If we're going to make room for you, we need to know you are going to participate fully- that means following the guidelines laid out in the rules and writing full paragraph posts like you will have seen in the existing RP.

Third,  be prepared to follow the GM's instructions and comply with the posts they make about the environment and NPC characters.

Please contact myself or Chautauquan if you have any questions.

Link

Well, I've been reading the progress of the RP (which is the main reason I wanted to join), and I'd really like to join you. The only thing is, I don't know how I'll do if I need to be a Silverdale resident, as I'm much more used to using outgoing and friendly OC's for roleplaying.
I don't mind if I'm not able to join, I would've earlier when it was open, but I've been doing finals and end-of-year homework, along with other things, and just wasn't on LoE during the time when it was open.  >.<

I'm not sure if I'm experienced enough to be consider a good roleplayer, but I'd like to try my best. As for writing full paragraph's, that's not problem at all (I'm much more on the writing and grammar side than the math side X3).

Thanks for considering me so late, and I'm sorry once again for all this trouble; if it turns out to be too complicated to fit me in, don't worry about it; I'm perfectly content to just read it (I'm also really enjoying the story so far  ^-^).
[CENTER][/CENTER]

Go Up