The NEW Massive Smile Project [Closed]

Started by Crystal Chaos, 2012 Jun 20, 18:54:21

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Crystal Chaos

How about it, Ms. Pie? Wanna do the beginning?

PrincessButton

Quote from: Crystal Chaos on 2012 Jun 20, 23:47:39

How long is that part, like up until which part? :3
[Avatar drawn by Dusky Hues; Thank you!]

Crystal Chaos

Quote from: Pinkie Pie on 2012 Jun 21, 00:00:00

You can check on the first page.  ^-^

PrincessButton

Quote from: Crystal Chaos on 2012 Jun 21, 00:01:34
Quote from: Pinkie Pie on 2012 Jun 21, 00:00:00

You can check on the first page.  ^-^

YAY I'M SO EXCITED FOR THIS.  :D :D
[Avatar drawn by Dusky Hues; Thank you!]

Ryo_D_Disk

well no harm in me posting a bit of practice work here although if i run out of time i may just use this verstion although there is a blooper bit also for fun
http://snd.sc/KB0ib8

Legulus

Yes, Ryo! The blooper was funny xD But really, you sing well.

I'll have my solo up later. If not, then tomorrow. I'll wait before I do the chorus bit, as it still hasn't been confirmed exactly what instrumental we'll be using, and what we'll be doing with it. The length of the bridge may differ, I mean.
There are 10 types of people in this world; those who understand binary and those that don't ;)
Thanks to Jenzy for mah avatar.

Ryo_D_Disk

true that was more of a practice peice also for a bonus (at least in my mind) if you want you can use my chours to see what the overlap voices will sound like oh and as for the bloopers the first one hapened during the verry first recording just my bad luck  lol

Legulus

Wow that must've sucked xD

And unfortunately I suck at overlapping audio files, so I can't do that.

Although I do have my solo that'll work for now (It might change in the future if I get a better recording):

http://soundcloud.com/legulus/massive-smile-project-my-solo
There are 10 types of people in this world; those who understand binary and those that don't ;)

Crystal Chaos

Quote from: Legulus on 2012 Jun 21, 11:30:11
Wow that must've sucked xD

And unfortunately I suck at overlapping audio files, so I can't do that.

Although I do have my solo that'll work for now (It might change in the future if I get a better recording):

http://soundcloud.com/legulus/massive-smile-project-my-solo

^-^

I'm still trying to find 13 seconds to record mine.

Ryo_D_Disk

ok im about to make a verry stupid offer if no other ponys offer for this and if i can get all the audio put somewhere (including the backing track) i guess i could put it together bering in mind i have verry little skill with audacity

Crystal Chaos

Quote from: Ryo_D_Disk on 2012 Jun 21, 12:25:14
ok im about to make a verry stupid offer if no other ponys offer for this and if i can get all the audio put somewhere (including the backing track) i guess i could put it together bering in mind i have verry little skill with audacity

I have no skill, so go ahead.

Ryo_D_Disk

although it may be an idea *shifty eyes*
Spoiler: show
for when we get everything prepared we ask for some help from the audio department

just saying

Crystal Chaos

Quote from: Ryo_D_Disk on 2012 Jun 21, 12:30:05
although it may be an idea *shifty eyes*
Spoiler: show
for when we get everything prepared we ask for some help from the audio department

just saying

They aren't tyrants, but I'm not sure if they have time and that's why the chance is high they'll decline.

Ryo_D_Disk

true but it is always an option depending on how our user efforts turn out but im getting ahead of myself

Legulus

I think we should try to put everything together ourselves. It shows our dedication to this and may increase our chances of getting help if the need arises. Plus, it'll be nice experience for the future?  x3

Ryo_D_Disk

good point i actuly now realise how silly my comment actuly was so please do ignore it i was just having a odd 5 mins although still i will help put it together if i can get hold of everything unless a far better pony comes along

Legulus

Nah, it actually wasn't a bad suggestion. We just shouldn't depend on the audio department as our primary source for putting this together. It should be more of a back-up.

And now, I haz my chorus parts (I'm kind of ashamed of these, so I'll change them later if people think I could do better):

http://soundcloud.com/legulus/sets/massive-smile-project

^^ That's all of my stuff, in one set. More attention should be paid to the second and third track, as those are the chorus parts that are relevant to this post.

HerpyDooves

Is it alittle too late for another pony to join?

Sonic Heart

2012 Jun 21, 14:34:17 #98 Last Edit: 2012 Jun 21, 14:36:45 by Sonic Heart
I might be able to mix the instrumentals with the voices, will try when my brother leaves the pc.

EDIT: forgot we still dont have the instrumentals :c will try to mix it with a karaoke version or something if i found /:

Rad Thunder

Sorry everypony. I'm gonna have to step down from this. I thought I had a mic to record with, but I can't find one. Sorry. :'(

Go Up