Dumb things that annoy you

Started by Zaner-Boy, 2012 Jun 01, 14:30:22

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

LostSanity

So first... people want to criticize the video games I like even though I like them and that's all that matters...

So now...

They want to tell me how to play a video game? Um... there is no right way to play a video game.

Yeah... no.

:l
[shadow=gray,left]I'M ONLY HAPPY WHEN IT REIGNS[/shadow]

The Roman Reigns of the forum

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: LostSanity on 2014 Mar 25, 18:16:10
So first... people want to criticize the video games I like even though I like them and that's all that matters...

So now...

They want to tell me how to play a video game? Um... there is no right way to play a video game.

Yeah... no.

Especially when you're playing a game that's all about roleplaying and making decisions to get different events and endings, and people are like "UGH, you choose the WRONG ONE. You're so STUPID!"

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

GoldenTerrabyte

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2014 Mar 25, 18:55:50

So now...

Yeah... no.

Especially when you're playing a game that's all about roleplaying and making decisions to get different events and endings, and people are like "UGH, you choose the WRONG ONE. You're so STUPID!"
Or people who critisize console gamers, with all these stupid "PC GAMER MASTER RACE" pictures and crud like that.
I'm back

Jenzy

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2014 Mar 25, 10:48:00
Spoiler: show
How biased public school American History classes are. In my experience, at least. Public school taught me "America, AW YEAH!!!" while college taught from several different points of view.

Public school: The American Revolution started because England was a big jerk. Every single American colonist wanted freedom from England, especially after some redcoats attacked a bunch of colonists for no good reason.
College: The cause of the American Revolution was a mixture of events, some of which were misunderstandings between America and England. Not every colonist wanted the fight for freedom. The Boston Massacre occurred because some colonists began yelling and throwing rocks at patrolling redcoats, who became fearful and opened fire. Colonists who supported the fight for freedom then used this event to spur on fellow colonists.

Public school: America won the Revolution because we're super awesome and did it all on our own, maybe with a little tiny bit of help from France. Also, we got territories from France and Spain through our sheer awesomeness!
College: France saw the American Revolution as an opportunity to spite England and helped America a good deal. Later on, America managed to gain territories from France and Spain with help from mistakes and misunderstandings. These misunderstandings were due to the fact that communication between countries was poor in those days.

College part sounds like my school, and I'm not even in college yet. (probably since it's a college prep and I'm taking AP.)

I kind of question if the Public School side is biased to be 'childish' or not...

Also, I'm no fan of History either, but I've already been told several times that it's "easy." Just depends on the interest level and the person, I guess. I prefer maths and sciences than literature or hisory, and others are the other way around.

Volleyball just really annoys me for an odd reason. It hurts where I'm supposed to hit it (the platform) and my overhead hits seem "illegal" for how the game plays. I'd rather play tennis (which I could probably make a good rally) or even APUSH notes for that matter. I'm no good at it. :c

Yeah. Gaming opinions in general bother me too. Like bashing on the Wii U, or how apparently violent and "mature" content is considered "hardcore." Or certain games are called "too easy" or "for kids," yet most kids can't even pass level 1.

And, yeah. There are really lots of ways to play games, aside the controls you do have to use. "I like this game. I play it my way. There's nothing in the game telling me it's wrong." (Unless you play by not progressing at all, I'm a little concerned about you...)

Also, for those people who bash on the Wii U... yeah. "Wii Love U too!" :P

Sometimes it bothers me that I waste too much time typing all this stuff...

Midnight Breeze

Can we just deport Dennis Rodman to North Korea, since he loves it so much?

DawnsEmbrace

[Quote]Yeah. Gaming opinions in general bother me too. Like bashing on the Wii U, or how apparently violent and "mature" content is considered "hardcore." Or certain games are called "too easy" or "for kids," yet most kids can't even pass level 1.
[/quote]

I dare-NO, I friggin' DOUBLE DOG DARE people who say that, to beat the final level of Super Mario 3D World.
I still have nightmares Nintendo.
<br />

Julius

Quote from: DawnsEmbrace on 2014 Mar 25, 23:01:37
[Quote]Yeah. Gaming opinions in general bother me too. Like bashing on the Wii U, or how apparently violent and "mature" content is considered "hardcore." Or certain games are called "too easy" or "for kids," yet most kids can't even pass level 1.

I dare-NO, I friggin' DOUBLE DOG DARE people who say that, to beat the final level of Super Mario 3D World.
[/quote]

It was frustrating for sure! Although I'm not sure it's the hardest thing I've done. Kid in Super Meatboy and Hardcore in Dead Space come to mind, for example. :P
Purr~

Jenzy

Quote from: Julius on 2014 Mar 26, 00:42:56
Quote from: DawnsEmbrace on 2014 Mar 25, 23:01:37

It was frustrating for sure! Although I'm not sure it's the hardest thing I've done. Kid in Super Meatboy and Hardcore in Dead Space come to mind, for example. :P
[/quote]
Try it with no items, then we'll talk. :P (But it's not the only existing tough level out there for sure.)

For me, I wouldn't want to replay SMG2's Final level ever again! It was actually more annoying than it was difficult. 3D World's is a lot more fun, yet still challenging.

Ramisha

Quote from: DawnsEmbrace on 2014 Mar 25, 16:35:26
QuoteNothing is true, everything is permitted.

To say that nothing is true, does this not mean I should believe in nothing?
To say that everything is permitted, does this not mean I am allowed to do anything?

Wait, I read it a month ago I think.
Quote from: The CodexAny sentence said loud and long enough becomes a truth, even if it's a lie. Therefore, nothing is true.
They give us the law, yet they don't respect it. Therefore, everything is permitted.

Or something like that. I forgot.

Quote from: Randam Saiko on 2014 Mar 25, 18:13:36
Students have to give a speech in front of the whole class. Suddenly, the whole class turns into the Hunger Games.
Spoiler: Only thing is, this doesn't happen • show

[/quote]
I volunteered as a tribute to save my friend who never knows anything from oral examination. And I got an A. Oh yeah  :][/spoiler]
Dumb things that annoy me? Hmm... Justin Bieber is dumb, he's also annoying... Therefore he's a dumb thing that annoys me!

Chishio Kunrin

2014 Mar 26, 16:08:07 #12429 Last Edit: 2014 Mar 26, 16:27:00 by Chishio Kunrin
Quote from: Yellowpikmin476 on 2014 Mar 25, 19:30:43
Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2014 Mar 25, 18:55:50

So now...

Yeah... no.

Or people who critisize console gamers, with all these stupid "PC GAMER MASTER RACE" pictures and crud like that.

I've never understood console wars. I grew up playing on all kinds of stuff.
I've played games on PS1, N64, PS2, GameCube, Xbox, Wii, Xbox360, PS3, and Wii U, and I have played games on PC, as well.
The only time I have preference on what I'm going to be playing on has to do with what game I'm playing. Generally, if I'm going to be using the triggers or R2/L2 buttons a lot, and the game is on Xbox360 and PS3, I choose Xbox360 because the PS3 controller's R2/L2 buttontrigger hybrids feel awkward to me.

I'm not sure, but right now, it seems like I'm going to have to start actually going to Google+'s website just to check my Youtube notifications... which is stupid, if that's the case.

Post Merge

^Okay, I'm less annoyed now. It seems I apparently only had to log into Google+ just this once, and now I can get notifications on Youtube again.

BlazeyE

That most Paramedic schools you attend assume that you're going into the EMS field as your career, and not as a certification you need for your fire department.

Yes. I understand that this is how the profession is. I don't actually care, though. I just need this for my job.
I sell PR and PR accessories.

MrEmu

I hate when somepony has these SUPER high expectations of me to improve in something that I have a REALLY hard time at, then when I can't do it they get disappointed and I feel bad that I made them sad...

They put SO MUCH weight on me that get nervous and fail whatever it is that I do...

Then I feel stupid for failing it, awful for letting them down, and scared to death that I'll fail again next time because it'll just be worse...

...*sigh* I think I feel better now... :3

Midnight Breeze

Every time I hear my building creeking in the wind, I imagine the place being swallowed by the Earth...

The whole Bayou Corne debacle has me paranoid.

MrSpyro

2014 Mar 27, 18:16:16 #12433 Last Edit: 2014 Mar 27, 21:54:55 by MrSpyro
A friend of mine told me the Attack of the B-Team modpack had Ars Magica 2 and Thaumcraft 4 in it. From now on, he is a liar in my eyes and I refuse to trust him ever again.

EDIT: Actually he didn't know.
Derp race!
[move] :P[/move]
[move]    :P[/move]
[move]       :P[/move]
[move]          :P[/move]

Pipkin

I was nearly run off the road by a snowplow today......You're driving a giant truck with an anti-car weapon mounted on the front, watch the stupid road.

I wouldnt have been mad if there wasn't a clear sight of the road......

byndbored

When the weather takes out the internet. :l
Said no to being given a Lucario Pokemon X.
My oc board is in my Signature
http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=2268.0

Midnight Breeze

Quote from: Pipkin on 2014 Mar 27, 21:42:11
I was nearly run off the road by a snowplow today......You're driving a giant truck with an anti-car weapon mounted on the front, watch the stupid road.

I wouldnt have been mad if there wasn't a clear sight of the road......

It's still snowing in places?!?!?!!

QuoteToday Mar 28

Scattered T-Storms

Temperature: 79°F

Humidity: 100%

Chance of rain: 90%

Wind: S at 7 mph

Icy Shield

Polite trolls on the internet, those types of trolls are worst in my oppinion. It's feels like they are double trolling. Even when I say something bad about them they just say thanks (or say "I luv you 2)" and put their big stupid smile/grin on their faces :3. This is so imature way of trolling: acting like a hollow brick and compliment your opponent with out logical counter argument.

Siriously, I would rather be insulted with hatred against me than this  >:(

Let it snow!

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Icy Shield on 2014 Mar 28, 09:35:16
Polite trolls on the internet, those types of trolls are worst in my oppinion. It's feels like they are double trolling. Even when I say something bad about them they just say thanks (or say "I luv you 2)" and put their big stupid smile/grin on their faces :3. This is so imature way of trolling: acting like a hollow brick and compliment your opponent with out logical counter argument.

I only do that if someone attempts to troll me. ovO One of the best ways to get rid of a troll.

MrSpyro

Quote from: Icy Shield on 2014 Mar 28, 09:35:16

I know. At least the flankhole ones can be counter insulted and you can make them feel stupid.
Derp race!
[move] :P[/move]
[move]    :P[/move]
[move]       :P[/move]
[move]          :P[/move]

Go Up