Started by Ellowee, 2013 Aug 03, 07:35:18

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Dark_Twilight on 2013 Aug 08, 18:41:29
Quote from: McSleuthburger on 2013 Aug 08, 16:58:52
We are still in pre-alpha (not even alpha yet) but
You will be able to layer 3 different cutie marks to have your own cutie mark
there will be more options for both mares and stallions when the game gets closer to being done

so dont worry those two things are already been planned for

If they are going to be layered like they are now, only the "top" will be visible since they share same UV space.

In this case it will be better to set on the (current character screen) only one cutie mark and on the "next screen" have a screen that will let you customize 2nd and 3rd along with description what each cutie mark gives (along with the "main")  and any traints/skills that might be able to pick from

Unless they will be like Cutie Pox but for that they will need to have 3 area's specified per side

When you complete the tutorial quest as a filly/colt, you will unlock a talent. You will only be able to choose from the many cutie mark images that are connected to that talent. We will, of course, improve the cutie mark selector in the character screen once we get closer to implementing this function.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Grizzly

So, for example, if I want a medic tipe character how will i earn that skill? Will i have a choise of tutorials to go thrue and then choose a mark?
The most common accident is the one noone expects.

Dark_Twilight

2013 Aug 10, 16:56:17 #62 Last Edit: 2013 Aug 10, 17:09:34 by Dark_Twilight
It might be something like for the purpose of the tutorial you are told to find a pony that is a "Master" of something. (Of what is up to you)

They would be scattered all around the world and they give you quest to do. When finished and returned to them you get your cutie mark/talent.

As for 2nd and 3rd cutie mark well they could be abaible from higher levels.

Aelios

Well i managed to get my OC looking almost how i wanted it to thanks to the RGB colour options... probably should have read up to the 'doesnt save if you close your browser' part :/
meh i can do it again
I think you should definitely have vinyl Scratch and similar style manes
You could also give us some code (like generalzoi's pony creator) so we can re-upload what we made just for now.
Also more eye shapes (theres a common eye shape which is a slanted oval) would be great to have   :D
Great job i love it!

Dark_Twilight

How about writing down RGB values? Or taking a screenshot?

FanofRainbowDash

Mobile Intel (R) 915GM/GMS,910GML Express chipset family will work on my laptop. So I need that on my sister's computer. Only I need to do prnt scrn or else I get the blue screen of death using F12.

Dark_Twilight

2013 Aug 12, 10:13:40 #66 Last Edit: 2013 Aug 12, 10:51:21 by Dark_Twilight
Quote from: FanofRainbowDash on 2013 Aug 12, 08:04:02
Mobile Intel (R) 915GM/GMS,910GML Express chipset family will work on my laptop. So I need that on my sister's computer. Only I need to do prnt scrn or else I get the blue screen of death using F12.

Your GPU might not work when the game gets bigger.

Also if i'm not wrong rour max ammount of GPU memory is 128, also it's OpenGL 1.4 only

Fruitcakethepony~

Alassë

2013 Aug 13, 21:06:22 #68 Last Edit: 2013 Aug 13, 21:09:15 by ssumppg
Quote from: Ellowee on 2013 Aug 03, 07:35:18Hello Everyone!

If you take a look over at our media page, you'll see that we've released our character creator!
O: :3 :D

Post Merge

Wait... :/ It seems to be missing something...

There we go! :D

Mystik1004

the charactor creator is funny... but when is the game online next time???
i really want to play it :D

StormRush

2013 Aug 14, 19:50:17 #70 Last Edit: 2013 Aug 14, 19:56:55 by StormRush
I installed unity, but where to I get the program...?  ono
I install it but it doesn't do anything. Where does it even save to?
Tunder is just another word for excitement!

FanofRainbowDash

I already have unity but it says I need to download Unity!

Jarg1994

Quote from: FanofRainbowDash on 2013 Aug 14, 20:16:36
I already have unity but it says I need to download Unity!

Quote from: StormRush on 2013 Aug 14, 19:50:17
I installed unity, but where to I get the program...?  ono
I install it but it doesn't do anything. Where does it even save to?

That's happening to me too  :I maybe it's a glitch, because it worked for me really well many days ago and also I took a picture of it.

Speaking of which... 

StormRush

This is THE WORST POSSIBLE THING!  DD:

Is there some sort of program that goes with the unity that I need to install....or is something just completely broken?
Tunder is just another word for excitement!

Jarg1994

Quote from: StormRush on 2013 Aug 14, 21:32:01
This is THE WORST POSSIBLE THING!  DD:

Is there some sort of program that goes with the unity that I need to install....or is something just completely broken?

I don't know if it's the Unity web player that it's broken (which I highly doubt that) or that the Pony Creator is not responding for now, because I'm having that problem too and that's really weird for me because I used it days ago; so yeah, maybe it's a glitch. :c

Teal Turken

Am I missing something? I have the Unity web player installed but all I see is this help page. o.O
Spoiler: show

Is it supposed to be automatic? Do I need to restart my computer after installing Unity Web?

Tekner

2013 Aug 15, 00:11:31 #76 Last Edit: 2013 Aug 15, 00:50:01 by Tekner
I see the issue as well. I think that may be a broken attempt to update the page. I'll look into it.
My suspicions were correct. The Character Creator has been updated and now saves your ponies between sessions and you can now share your characters' PonyCodes! Have fun, guys!

Alassë

2013 Aug 15, 02:07:51 #77 Last Edit: 2013 Aug 15, 02:16:58 by ssumppg
Quote from: Tekner on 2013 Aug 15, 00:11:31The Character Creator has been updated and now saves your ponies between sessions and you can now share your characters' PonyCodes! Have fun, guys!

Post Merge

...Um, how exactly does one get these mysterious "PonyCodes"? And it didn't save the pony I made after I exited... Did I just misunderstand, or...?

Tekner

2013 Aug 15, 05:27:40 #78 Last Edit: 2013 Aug 15, 12:43:43 by Tekner
You can export and import PonyCodes with new buttons found on the top left when editing a character. I believe your browsers are caching the app, so when we updated it, your browser didn't download the new file. Just either delete your browser's cache, open the page and hit reload, or if you're using Google Chrome, opening it in Incognito Mode will also make sure that it's up to date.

Alassë

Go Up