Dumb things that annoy you

Started by Zaner-Boy, 2012 Jun 01, 14:30:22

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Ryo_D_Disk

Quote from: StarSong on 2014 Nov 17, 20:32:15
When people insist on being serious ALL the time..
Also when people push you around like you don't have your own thoughts and feelings.
Spoiler: show

Also when people take out anger over the internet.

Let's just say I've had a bad day.

Unfortunatly in this game they call life it calls for us to act serious from time to time. From being the one who has to take the serious aproch what anoys me is those who don't fathom why I take these methods. They are intened with the best intrest in mind regardless if I have to be the bad guy

But being the one who gets all the hate is not always the most fun option, but when those I tell off don't learn the lesson is what annoys me

Greyscaleisme

In my house, there is little to no sympathy when someone is hurt. I sprained my ankle falling down the stairs, and the next morning when my parents saw me limping, guess their reaction? Well, surprise surprise, there was none.
'Cause sometimes to stay alive you gotta kill your mind.

Peace Keeper

Quote from: Greyscaleisme on 2014 Nov 17, 23:26:11
In my house, there is little to no sympathy when someone is hurt. I sprained my ankle falling down the stairs, and the next morning when my parents saw me limping, guess their reaction? Well, surprise surprise, there was none.

Wow. That really sucks. I believe that is worst than seeing someone hurt and saying "You see what happens? That's what you get for not listening."
Representing the Element of Peace, my name is Peacekeeper, and I am an Evershade Crusader. I am also a proud member of Chat-o-Landia. My talent is preventing conflict and maintaining order.

Ramisha

Hahaha, in my school, if you broke your arm in P.E. you'd most likely also get an F for "not doing things properly" lol . But anyway, does your ankle hurt a lot when you walk? You should see a doctor. Or at least wrap your ankle woth something.

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Ramisha on 2014 Nov 18, 03:22:30
Hahaha, in my school, if you broke your arm in P.E. you'd most likely also get an F for "not doing things properly" lol .

Harsh. :I Once, when I was in middle school, I accidentally broke my glasses at home (I think they got knocked onto the floor, and I stepped on them while trying to find them), and the coach let me sit out throughout PE because I'm so horribly, horribly blind without my glasses. She didn't want me to get hurt and knew that there was no way I could play war ball (kinda dodge ball, but people on both sides are throwing the balls, and the balls are all made of squishy foam).

To be honest, there were a few days after that where I put my glasses away somewhere and lied that I lost them, so I wouldn't have to participate. X3 I'm not very athletic, and I hated PE during middle school a lot. Heh.
However, while not having my glasses for PE was great, it was horrible for all my other classes because I couldn't read anything on the board. Kinda hard to learn math if you can't make out what numbers and symbols the teacher is writing. :\

Also... I find it really silly how people act when I'm not wearing my glasses. A lot of people who don't need glasses seem to think that taking off my glasses means that I literally go blind, like everything just goes black or something ("Can you see me??"). I can still see, it's just that everything beyond a certain distance is blurry, and the further it is, the more blurry it is.

Sadly, that distance has gotten shorter over the years. :c I think the distance of my clear vision is maybe about a foot now.

By the way, I'm near-sighted, meaning things that are closer are clear and things that are farther are blurry. Some people have the reverse of that, which I think is called far-sighted.
With my near-sightedness, I definitely should never be behind the wheel of a car without my glasses. :I It'd be hard to define where exactly the lines on the road are and impossible to read the speed limit signs.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Dark Hooves

i'm near sighted as well, i'm limited to about 4 feet of clear vision without my glasses
<br /><br />everypony is capable of great good or great evil but everypony should be treated like their worth giving a chance<br /><br />My OCs. http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=6860.0

Nuserame

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2014 Nov 18, 06:18:13
Quote from: Ramisha on 2014 Nov 18, 03:22:30
Hahaha, in my school, if you broke your arm in P.E. you'd most likely also get an F for "not doing things properly" lol .

Harsh. :I Once, when I was in middle school, I accidentally broke my glasses at home (I think they got knocked onto the floor, and I stepped on them while trying to find them), and the coach let me sit out throughout PE because I'm so horribly, horribly blind without my glasses. She didn't want me to get hurt and knew that there was no way I could play war ball (kinda dodge ball, but people on both sides are throwing the balls, and the balls are all made of squishy foam).

To be honest, there were a few days after that where I put my glasses away somewhere and lied that I lost them, so I wouldn't have to participate. X3 I'm not very athletic, and I hated PE during middle school a lot. Heh.
However, while not having my glasses for PE was great, it was horrible for all my other classes because I couldn't read anything on the board. Kinda hard to learn math if you can't make out what numbers and symbols the teacher is writing. :\

Also... I find it really silly how people act when I'm not wearing my glasses. A lot of people who don't need glasses seem to think that taking off my glasses means that I literally go blind, like everything just goes black or something ("Can you see me??"). I can still see, it's just that everything beyond a certain distance is blurry, and the further it is, the more blurry it is.

Sadly, that distance has gotten shorter over the years. :c I think the distance of my clear vision is maybe about a foot now.

By the way, I'm near-sighted, meaning things that are closer are clear and things that are farther are blurry. Some people have the reverse of that, which I think is called far-sighted.
With my near-sightedness, I definitely should never be behind the wheel of a car without my glasses. :I It'd be hard to define where exactly the lines on the road are and impossible to read the speed limit signs.

Funny, whenever I didn't want to do PE I just didn't show up  lol

I sometimes still wonder how I passed that.
Slate Grey, my OC! Awesome profile picture by Bakasan94

Night Pony

Well you could always save for laser operation.

I want to thank all of the artist that have drawn my OCs.
Night Shine and Moon Violet

ComputerDeathglare

We talkin' about pain?

Asking someone why they're hurt, and then berating them for it. Everything from "You should be grateful you're not dead!" to "You're just lying to get out of working!" has been said to me. Per conversation. And then people wonder why I hide my pain. "Why don't you ever tell anybody?"
By Sulfur

dA
Tumblr (SFW)

Rissian

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2014 Nov 18, 06:18:13

I actually have that, things close up are blurrier for me where as things far away are generally much clearer. Including large distances. It's probably why I always played the sniper role in video games. Being used to seeing things far away helped. Though it makes reading books hard sometimes depending on the font size and style.

Mabinogi bandits.... I'm normally fine handling the average kind but when the bandit boss just so happens to spawn when I'm carrying rare goods it really ticks me off.  :l

Ramisha

Fun fact: If you are near sighted, your eyeballs might be longer than the average 27 mm, and if you're far sighted they might be shorter than 27 mm. :)

Midnight Breeze

I can't wrap my head around these contradictory statistics: Why is it that all the Scandinavian countries are always amongst the happiest nations in the world, yet they all pop antidepressant pills like nobody's business? How can they be the happiest if half their populations are clinically depressed? I don't understand!

ComputerDeathglare

Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2014 Nov 18, 17:49:50
I can't wrap my head around these contradictory statistics: Why is it that all the Scandinavian countries are always amongst the happiest nations in the world, yet they all pop antidepressant pills like nobody's business? How can they be the happiest if half their populations are clinically depressed? I don't understand!

Dem happy pills, man.
By Sulfur

dA
Tumblr (SFW)

Chishio Kunrin

Life in their countries is more satisfying despite the rampant clinical depression?
Their countries (and their cultures) do things very differently than the rest of the world. They might be doing some things right that America is doing horribly wrong, for example.

Hey... Some few countries' justice systems work a lot better than America's.
You know what they do different? They focus on rehabilitating the convicts instead of punishing them. With that system, they have a much, much smaller chance of the convicts committing another crime when they get out.
But America would never go for such a system because we, as a nation, feel that criminals must be punished, and to send them to something that's "like a camping trip" would be an outrage. Gasp.

Think of it like calling in a super nanny to help you with your bratty troubled child who has become an absolute menace. The super nanny finds the root of the problem and fixes it, rather than just treating the "symptoms" of the problem and giving the child an infinite amount of time outs, groundings, and spankings.

Basically, the best way to get someone to become a more well-adjusted, law-abiding citizen is to rehabilitate them, rather than sit them in time out and then throw them back out into the world saying "Good luck on adjusting to how much changed while you were gone!"
People don't break the law for no reason. Find the reason. Find the problem. Get them to go through the process of fixing that problem, so when they walk out of that gate, they walk out a new person.

It's annoying that a huge portion of American citizens would rather look at criminals as inhuman and deserving of being treated like dirt, when criminals are humans too. A lot of them are just maladjusted and need some help turning things around.
Also, just because someone is in prison or has been to prison, it doesn't mean they did it. :\ Plenty of innocent people end up convicted.

Peace Keeper

One of my professors is from Belgium and he gave me an interesting fact.

In Norway, the taxes are like 50% or 70%, I'm not sure but it is somewhere around there. Though very high, they are okay with it. In Norway, it's constantly cloudy, or the season  has less sunlight, which causes them to have blues. Healthcare is either cheap or free. In some cases, the doctor will prescribe a trip to Hawalli or some sunny city for their blues treatment. The government health care will pay for your vacation. Not just that, they still get sick day pay while you gain your sunshine in your life.
Representing the Element of Peace, my name is Peacekeeper, and I am an Evershade Crusader. I am also a proud member of Chat-o-Landia. My talent is preventing conflict and maintaining order.

ComputerDeathglare

Quote from: Peace Keeper on 2014 Nov 18, 21:40:03
One of my professors is from Belgium and he gave me an interesting fact.

In Norway, the taxes are like 50% or 70%, I'm not sure but it is somewhere around there. Though very high, they are okay with it. In Norway, it's constantly cloudy, or the season  has less sunlight, which causes them to have blues. Healthcare is either cheap or free. In some cases, the doctor will prescribe a trip to Hawalli or some sunny city for their blues treatment. The government health care will pay for your vacation. Not just that, they still get sick day pay while you gain your sunshine in your life.

I'd be prescribed a trip to somewhere rainy or snowy to get away from Hawaii. DD:
By Sulfur

dA
Tumblr (SFW)

Midnight Breeze

I'd be okay with being prescribed a bus ride across state lines in any direction.

Nuserame

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2014 Nov 18, 21:10:34

Life in their countries is more satisfying despite the rampant clinical depression?
Their countries (and their cultures) do things very differently than the rest of the world. They might be doing some things right that America is doing horribly wrong, for example.

Hey... Some few countries' justice systems work a lot better than America's.
You know what they do different? They focus on rehabilitating the convicts instead of punishing them. With that system, they have a much, much smaller chance of the convicts committing another crime when they get out.
But America would never go for such a system because we, as a nation, feel that criminals must be punished, and to send them to something that's "like a camping trip" would be an outrage. Gasp.

Think of it like calling in a super nanny to help you with your bratty troubled child who has become an absolute menace. The super nanny finds the root of the problem and fixes it, rather than just treating the "symptoms" of the problem and giving the child an infinite amount of time outs, groundings, and spankings.

Basically, the best way to get someone to become a more well-adjusted, law-abiding citizen is to rehabilitate them, rather than sit them in time out and then throw them back out into the world saying "Good luck on adjusting to how much changed while you were gone!"
People don't break the law for no reason. Find the reason. Find the problem. Get them to go through the process of fixing that problem, so when they walk out of that gate, they walk out a new person.

It's annoying that a huge portion of American citizens would rather look at criminals as inhuman and deserving of being treated like dirt, when criminals are humans too. A lot of them are just maladjusted and need some help turning things around.
Also, just because someone is in prison or has been to prison, it doesn't mean they did it. :\ Plenty of innocent people end up convicted.

The reason why Scandinavia has such high rates of depression is its high latitude. During the winter the days become extremely short, leading to a lack of sunlight, leading to depression.

Fun fact about crime, poor education, mental illness, physical illness and income gap: They are all statistically linked. Being on the lowest rung of society is bad for people, and the more difference there is between the lowest income and moderate income the more unhealthy it gets. (note: the highest incomes, or the absolute value of the lowest income don't actually seem to matter so much). That underbelly of society is substantially less healthy, sane, happy (duh) and educated. They also automatically pass this on to their children, of which they also have more on average.

As it turns out the human brain switches off its long-term thinking when it considers its immediate survival is at risk. People who are unable to make ends meet end up in this state permanently. They start to neglect all sorts of things. Hygiene, their education, long-term job prospects, their health, their hobbies and their children. The stress, poor health, financial problems and feeling of inadequacy make it a self-sustaining problem.

It should be noted that once someone gets out of the poorest class, any further climbing up the social ladder has a far lower effect on general wellbeing.

This is also no speculation or anything. Its pretty much been proven beyond reasonable doubt by countless experiments for decades now and should really be common knowledge, but well its not.

Scandinavian countries make up the top 5 of income equality along with Japan, other continental west European counties trail behind shortly and way, way down the line the US sits in between some countries like Portugal and Singapore. Along with non-existent criminal rehabilitation procedures and the 3rd world health care system from before Obama came along, there is a pretty good explanation of why the US ranks so badly for average general wellbeing.
Slate Grey, my OC! Awesome profile picture by Bakasan94

Midnight Breeze

Quote from: Nuserame on 2014 Nov 18, 22:18:15
and the 3rd world health care system from before Obama came along,

You say that as though it's changed.

Chishio Kunrin

There is a cheap pink plastic magic wand toy marketed toward little girls named Evil Stick.
First of all: DO NOT BUY EVIL STICK FOR ANY LITTLE GIRLS. EVER. KEEP IT FAR, FAR AWAY FROM THEM.

What annoys me about the Evil Stick is that it's actually being sold, and one guy who runs a dollar store said he is not going to take it off the shelf unless enough customers personally tell him to stop selling it. For some stupid reason, he sees nothing wrong with it. He told the news that "Kids see that kind of stuff on TV every day." UH, NO. NO, THEY DO NOT. I don't know what kind of shows you're letting kids watch, but they are not kids shows, I can tell you that!

The packaging claims that it lights up and plays "wonderful music," but it actually plays the sound of evil laughter when it lights up.
The true disgusting nature of the Evil Stick was discovered when a toddler was playing with it in the dark and noticed that, in the lightup part, there seemed to be a picture. She pulled off the foil sticker that was covering it and found... a picture that I cannot describe on this forum.
Yes.
A toy meant for little girls and designed to look like a pink fairy princess wand...
had something so terrible...
that I cannot tell you what it is here.
I'll just say it was horrid, and when her mother saw it, she was horrified and furious.

So, yeah, Evil Stick is not for children, even if it looks like it's for children and is put on the shelves in the pink aisle along with all the baby dolls, fairy princess stuff, ponies, etc and so forth.

Go Up