The Wretched Prison (OOC board+Battle info+Moves and abilities acceptance board)

Started by Tiger, 2012 Jul 22, 09:23:14

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Tiger

This is the OOC board of The Wretched Prison! It is a joint RP between me and Sponk.

Now, this isn't just an ask questions board. You'll have to post your ability and moves here for the battles, and I'll have to check whether they are overpowered.
Here's some of the thing you'll need to know.

Inabilities
Due to myself actually having a real life, I may not be able to roleplay very often, so I might not be able to manage the battles for extended amounts of time. And with all this studying and timezones, getting smooth roleplaying speeds can be hard. I will try my best though!
The battling system
The battling system, as always, shall be the pokemon battling system. You will have a maximum of four moves, and it will be turn based for this RP. I shall explain more in-depth about battling. below.
Item limits
Too many healing items or defense berries or whatever shall make you overpowered. I'm allowing a maximum of 3 items that heal 20 hp in this RP for each USER. A maximum of 4 if it heals 10 hp. For example, bigger berries shall heal 20 hp and the small ones heal 10 hp, and same for the potions.

Special items
Special items are items that change your moveset slightly, e.g. replacing a certain attack with another attack because of this item. Sword attacks shall have to replace some attacks in your moveset when you take it out. For things that can be only used once, such as knives or nails or something, they will make a special section in the menu when battling so that you can make a special move using that item. E.g. Tiger using knives to make a knive tornado.
Rage
When you have taken a lot of damage or a friend has fainted, rage may be activated, and one of your attacks will earn the rage form until the rage is used, and the rage allows that attack to do tremendous damage.It has a 50% chance of not hitting though,and when you miss, you'll hit yourself, so be careful!
Abilities
An ability, like in pokemon, is something that is activated immediately upon the start of a battle or a certain trigger that causes something to happen. E.g. Quick React allows your character to attack immediately after being switched in, unlike how you get switched in and you can't attack immediately. This ability is only useful when you have more than one character though! Another one, which is ????????'s and Astergen's ability is Deceive, which makes the move Counter do double damage.
About your movesets and abilities
If you're not sure how to make your own moves or abilities, I can guide you through below.

Now, I'll have to explain the battle stuff.

Here's an example of a moveset, Tiger's moveset:

Hurricane: Traps enemies in a hurricane for a few turns. They take a bit of damage each turn.
Tornado: Offensive. Most oftenly used attack of Tiger.
Smart Move: Offensive, damage varies. Roll dice, and then multiply that number by 2. Does double damage in mist and can be very devastating.
Pressure Point: One Hit K.O. move! Only can be used five times and has only a 2/6 chance of hitting.

All health is normally refilled instantly at the end of a battle because I'm too lazy to keep track of HP.
Any extremely powerful moves have to have a limit of how many times you can use it, a maximum of 5 times if it's a One Hit K.O. move.
You can also have attacks like this. Here's one of Falky's attacks: (Falky is Tiger's pet falcon)

Turbo Peck: Roll dice. 1-2 for 1 hit, 3-4 for 2 hits, 5-6 for 3 hits.

When in a battle, you go like this:

What will Tiger do?

>Fight
Bag
Friends
Run

Hurricane
>Tornado
Smart Move
Pressure Point (5x)

Tiger used Tornado on (insert enemy)!

Then I do the damage and enemy health.
If you want to use an item...

What will Tiger do?

Fight
>Bag
Friends
Run

> 3x Large healing berries
3x Small healing berries

Tiger ate a large healing berry.
+20 hp

If it's a special item, it still goes in your bag. You can equip it like this:

What will Tiger do?

Fight
>Bag
Friends
Run

3x Large healing berries
3x Small healing berries
>Zap Cannon

Tiger equipped Zap Cannon.
Tiger's attack Pressure Point was replaced with Energy Ball!
Energy Ball: Can OHKO multiple enemies at a time, but can only be used 5 times and has only a 1/6 chance of hitting.

That's basically how you go on doing it
If you have more than one character, only one of your characters can battle at a time. If you want to change character...

What will Tiger do?

Fight
Bag
>Friends
Run

Ropenny
????????
????????
>Falky

Tiger was switched out and Falky took her place!
"Tiger! You're not supposed to switch your pet in for battle!"
"You're not my pet, you're my friend. NOW BATTLE HER ovO"

...ovO

Any questions about abilities, battles, moves, or just the RP itself, just ask here!

A link to my tumblr above!
Tiger's OC page. Should re-do it...

GalinndanDawnfire

Combat only spells:
Lightning ball: A small ball of lightning shoots from Galinndan's horn.
Lightning bolt: A beam of lighting shoots from Galinndan's horn. The longer he holds the beam the harder it becomes for him to keep it.
Magic Missiles: 10 orbs of arcane energy around 3 inches in diameter shoot from Galinndan's horn. They may be small, but their numbers and accuracy more than make up for that. They never miss the determined target unless divine intervention is involved.

Utility only spells:
Magelight: A ball of harmless light floats in front of Galinndan, lighting the way for him and his friends.
I forgot to add my list of spells:

Levitation: Galinndan's horn lifts an object up to 5 times his weight in the air. The heavier it is, the harder it is for him to keep it in the air.

Spells interchangeable between Combat and Utility:

Fireball: A ball of fire shoots from Galinndan's horn. It is 6 inches in diameter. It can also set flammable objects on fire. It also can be converted into a sort of firework as a distraction or as a party trick.
Breeze: Galinndan summons a breeze. It can be used to dislodge a fixated object, or disarm an opponent. The disarming can be used as a non-violent way to get him and his friends to safety.
Shield: Galinndan summons a basic barrier that can block macis melee attacks yet still allow his spells to go through. It can also be used for creating a temporary breatheable area underwater, and catch falling objects (up to 5 times his weight) without doing them any harm.
If a GM would be so kind as to comment and accept/deny my spells.

(( Sorry about it not being 4 moves, but he DID go to a magical school. I will edit if you wish. ))
G-A-L-I-N-N-D-A-N. I'll keep fighting all the battles for the safety of my friends. I'm Dawnfirelicsious!

Sponk

You can only use 4 moves. Sorry, I just want it to be fair. ^-^
Blah blah blah.

GalinndanDawnfire

Lightning bolt: A beam of lighting shoots from Galinndan's horn. The longer he holds the beam the harder it becomes for him to keep it. EDIT: 70% accuracy, 40% chance of critical. 50% chance of paralyzing target. for one round. (flip a coin to see if it does.)

Fireball: A ball of fire shoots from Galinndan's horn. It is 6 inches in diameter. It can also set flammable objects on fire. It also can be converted into a sort of firework as a distraction or as a party trick (I can also just hold it as a light source) EDIT: 75% accuracy, 30% critical. 75% chance of burning target for 1, two, or three rounds. (to decide if it burns, roll a d20 and multiply it by 5, if the result is higher than 75, then it does not burn. And to decide how many turns it burns, roll a d6, 1 and 4 mean one round, 2 and 5 mean 2 rounds, and 3 and 6 means 3 rounds.)

Magic Missiles: 10 orbs of arcane energy around 3 inches in diameter shoot from Galinndan's horn. They may be small, but their numbers and accuracy more than make up for that. EDIT: 100% accuracy, each orb does 5% damage of Fireball, 20% chance of critical. Roll the damage and critical for each individual orb. EXAMPLE: For each orb, roll the damage for a fireball, and divide it by 20, and then roll a d10 and 2 and below means a critical.

Shield: Galinndan summons a basic barrier that can block basic melee attacks yet still allow his spells to go through. It can also be used for creating a temporary breatheable area underwater, and catch falling objects (up to 5 times his weight) without doing them any harm (would it be alright for me to also be able to sort of place the shield under objects and lift it upwards? ) EDIT: Increases defense by 80% against next incoming attack (non-stackable, if you cast two of them, only one of them is activated by the next spell, the one after that takes out the second one.)
Methods of Determining Damage done:
Lightning bolt: (NO IDEA)

Fireball: (NO IDEA)

Magic Missiles: 10 orbs that each do 5% of Fireball's damage. For each orb, roll the damage for a fireball, and divide it by 20, and then roll a d10. 2 and below means a critical.

Shield: Increases defense against next incoming attack by 80% (meaning BEFORE you calculate the natural defense against the attack, it is decreased by 80%. EXAMPLE: lets say I have 10% resistance against whatever attack it is, and I cast shield. Let's say the attack is supposed to do 100 (this is just an example, i have no idea how much damage the actual attacks would do), and then the  Shield takes effect. Now the spell only does 20. Then factor in my natural defense, it now does 18. See what I mean?)

Ability: (Can somepony help me come up with an ability?)

Let me know if you need me to clarify or change anything.

G-A-L-I-N-N-D-A-N. I'll keep fighting all the battles for the safety of my friends. I'm Dawnfirelicsious!

Vick McBread

Ginger
Spoiler: show
KEEP IN MIND Ginger's Ability is Strangth

BOOM!

HOOVES!: SHE'LL (Attempt to) TEAR YOU TO PEICES!... much like Rarity.
On die:
[1 = Shoot! only 15 DMG] [2-3 = K 20 DMG!] [4-6 = 40 DMG! WOOHOO!]
Head Bash: BOOM! ... Right in the muzzle.
On die:
[1-3 = OW! 15 DMG] [4-5 = WHAT ARE Y- 20 DMG!] [6 = BAM! 25 DMG!]
Spin kick Trip 'em!
On die:
[1 = miss...WUT?!] [2-5 Ow... 20 DMG] [6 DUSTY PHYSICS! 40 DMG]

NOPE!

Levatation: Tips you off balence makeing you fall on the move you are on hurt you a bit
On die:
[1-3 = Hardly works 5 DMG and hers is lowered to 5][4-5 = 10 DMG! But still hits her DMG one her is lowered 20 DMG] [6 = DIDN'T EVEN TOUCH HER!]

INVENTORY!

Ginger Bread Baton: Will give extra 10 DMG in the HOOVES move.
3x Large healing berries
3x Small healing berries

PALS:

#Rick: Cat

RAGE!

Temperered Jealousy:RAGE! Raises her move's DMG up a notch

=============================================================
Vick
KEEP IN MIND Vick's Ability is Thinking
KEEP IN MIND Vanpony = enhanced everything expect size and also WILL "feed".
KEEP IN MINDWe have our Ginger armor It's ALMOST! bullet proof. It's full body armor Expept for wings and tail. If you want if off you need to saw it off.
KEEP IN MIND That Vick is frail thin and small.
KEEP IN MIND Vick's Abilitys Are Vamponism, Thinking
Vick's moves, Pals and Items AKA The list of his primary moves he has prefected and practiced in this spare time.

BOOM!
Instant Thrash: A quick smash to the face or anyother body part, such as legs and barrel. This is effected by light mostly.
On Die:
[1-2 = BARRELS][3-4 = LEGS][5-6 = FACE]
D [1 = opps] [2 = cliped ya 30 DMG] [3-6 = BOOM! 45 DMG!]
L [1 = opps] [2-3 = cliped ya 25 DMG] [4-6 = BOOM! 40 DMG!]
Roll and BOOM!: Rolls under pony and punches up into the belly, chest, or chin
On die:
D [1 = Chin] [2-3 = Chest] [4-6 = Belly]---[1-2 = 10 DMG] [3-4 = 20 DMG] [5-6 = FULL 35 DMG]---[1-4 = You are out of breath][5-6 = You are up and still going]
L [1-2 = Chin] [3-4 = Chest] [5-6 = Belly]---[1-2 = 5 DMG] [3-4 = 10 DMG] [5-6 = FULL 20 DMG]---[1-2 = You are out of breath][3-6 = You are up and still going]

NOPE!
Physics Spin: You charge? Vick helps you : )
On die:
D [1 = didnt work] [2-4 = YES! EAT IT... uh oh.] [5-6 = BAM! INTO A FREAKING WALL! 10 DMG]
L [1-2 = didnt work] [3-5 = YES! EAT IT... uh oh.] [6 = BAM! INTO A FREAKING WALL! 10 DMG]
Combat Doudge: Vick can dart or roll outta the way quickly useing physics, it is most-likely to sucseed unless caught off gaurd. Light effects this. Many things effect this.
On Die:
D [1 = OW! THAT HURT!] [2 = cliped us. only 20% of Original DMG is upon us] [3-6 = HA!]
L [1-2 = OW! NOW THAT HURT] [2-3 = cliped us] [4-6 = HA!]

INVENTORY!
3x Small healing berries
3x Large healing berries.

PALS!
#Spaz: Teleport fast attack.
On die:
[1 = Aw...][2-6 = BOOM! 30 DMG]
#Pineapple: Throwable Shape shifting pony.
On die:
D [1 = Miss] [2-3 You ok? Yes? OK THEN! 15 DMG] [4-6 = AHHHHHHH! 25 DMG!]
L [1-2 = Miss] [3-4 You ok? Yes? OK THEN! 10 DMG] [5-6 = AHHHHHHH! 20 DMG!]

RAGE!
[spoiler]Critical Thinking: LOOK OUT! HES PLOTING TO KILL YOU ALL! HE'LL USE PHYSICS TO MELD EVERYTHING TOGETHER AND CUT YOU DOWN IN DEEP WATER WITH ZERO WARNING! GOT THAT?! (combine 3 moves with modifyed lower effects and less chance)
Vick McBread; the small orange pegasus stallion is BACK!
Steam: -CHA- Vick McBread
I do RPs. Here, and on steam.
I just wanna say "hello."

Tiger

Updated the first post.
Quote from: GalinndanDawnfire on 2012 Jul 23, 20:25:02
Lightning bolt: A beam of lighting shoots from Galinndan's horn. The longer he holds the beam the harder it becomes for him to keep it.

Fireball: A ball of fire shoots from Galinndan's horn. It is 6 inches in diameter. It can also set flammable objects on fire. It also can be converted into a sort of firework as a distraction or as a party trick (I can also just hold it as a light source)

Magic Missiles: 10 orbs of arcane energy around 3 inches in diameter shoot from Galinndan's horn. They may be small, but their numbers and accuracy more than make up for that. They never miss the determined target unless divine intervention is involved

Shield: Galinndan summons a basic barrier that can block macis melee attacks yet still allow his spells to go through. It can also be used for creating a temporary breatheable area underwater, and catch falling objects (up to 5 times his weight) without doing them any harm (would it be alright for me to also be able to sort of place the shield under objects and lift it upwards? )

Methods of Determining Damage done: I have no Idea!

So, basically it's 3 offensive moves and one defensive. But for magic missiles, I think 10 orbs is too much, and never missing would be pretty overpowered too. I'd like to request to make it only up to 3 orbs being able to hit the target in one go, and it'll be a good enough chance that they'll all hit, or otherwise mostly 2 times.
Also, you need an ability. Need help making it? Above I put up info about abilities.

Vick, those are moves, not abilities, but they're accepted anyway. Same, make an ability like above. You sure you don't want Ginger to have one more move?
The body armor may need to be less strong as that would be far too much. And who said they'd let you wear armor in the prison? ovO
Anyway, so light affects instant thrash? So if there's mist in the area, will it do double damage or half damage?
Critical Thinking... Hm. I suppose it can only be used when rage has been activated, which will only be activated when you take enough damage. I will tell you when you can use the move in the battle. Otherwise, you cannot use it.
Be aware that it will have to have a low chance of hitting, with it being that powerful.

GalinndanDawnfire

I have no Idea how to make my ability... or how many hit dice i should use. And about the Magic missiles, each missile is rather weak. lets say that it does 1/2 of fireball? does that sound fair? unmatched accuracy for half of my 2nd strongest attack? Oh and, the barrier only increases defense by 80% for one attack. tell me if we need to negotiate these effects.

Vick McBread

Vick, those are moves, not abilities, but they're accepted anyway. Same, make an ability like above. You sure you don't want Ginger to have one more move?
QuoteThe body armor may need to be less strong as that would be far too much. And who said they'd let you wear armor in the prison?
Us and Rumor talked about this We will wear the ALMOST bullet proof armor. Rumor has a plan and We like the plan.
QuoteAnyway, so light affects instant thrash? So if there's mist in the area, will it do double damage or half damage?

Depends on the light level. it can either be faint of INTENSE. But still, its a simple push... to the face (or anywhere else)
QuoteCritical Thinking... Hm. I suppose it can only be used when rage has been activated, which will only be activated when you take enough damage. I will tell you when you can use the move in the battle. Otherwise, you cannot use it.

Ok
QuoteBe aware that it will have to have a low chance of hitting, with it being that powerful.

Wait you thing Critical Thinking is a mind power almost Unicorn? NO NO NO! Its just us taking many thingsinto deep consideration.

In the end, you seem to think Vick is more powerful than he is. (:

EDIT: WAIT.... THIS IS A POKEMON CONCEPT? Ok... We can... roll with this... Yeah... Yes We can. Anyway if it's dice and stats you want fine. We edited our post and may make changes.

Bon Bon

Needles: Learned from her mother, Love sends a sewing needle into the side of her enemy's neck, paralyzing them for one turn.

Power Buck: Love sends a powerful buck at her opponents which does twice as much damage as a normal buck, but has a raised chance of missing.

Mage: Love sends a random spell at her foe, ranging from a simple distraction to a lethal cloud of darkness.

Necromancy: Love attempts a dangerous spell to revive a fallen friend. May only be used once per friend per battle, and if fails, Love loses four health.
Have you ever heard the wolf cry to the newborn moon? Or have you ever ask the grinning bobcat why he grins?

[move]

Coffee Rush

Punch - Normal Attack

Buck - 33% Chance of Critical

Tackle - 75% Chance of Critical, 50% Chance of missing

Brace - Raises defense by 50% for the turn.
My OC can be found here!

Tiger

Quote from: Bon Bon on 2012 Jul 25, 20:40:53
Needles: Learned from her mother, Love sends a sewing needle into the side of her enemy's neck, paralyzing them for one turn.

Power Buck: Love sends a powerful buck at her opponents which does twice as much damage as a normal buck, but has a raised chance of missing.

Mage: Love sends a random spell at her foe, ranging from a simple distraction to a lethal cloud of darkness.

Necromancy: Love attempts a dangerous spell to revive a fallen friend. May only be used once per friend per battle, and if fails, Love loses four health.

I like those moves! Nice job making them! (Especially that last one :D) Accepted!
Although, about "Mage", could you type out a list of the spells it can use? It would make it easier for me so that I wouldn't have to make all those spells on the dot o_o

Quote from: Coffee Rush on 2012 Jul 25, 21:06:35
Punch - Normal Attack

Buck - 33% Chance of Critical

Tackle - 75% Chance of Critical, 50% Chance of missing

Brace - Raises defense by 50% for the turn.

75% Critical? That seems quite high, although I suppose the chance of missing compensates it...
Okay, accepted too!

GalinndanDawnfire

Tiger, i dont suppose you would be able to help me create my ability?

Vick McBread

Tiger

Vick's moves, accepted! Still need abilities though... Hm... *thinks for a while*
Wait, what's the D and L for the dice throwing thing mean?
Quote from: GalinndanDawnfire on 2012 Jul 26, 04:12:33

Whoops, sorry, forgot x3 Okay, I'll help out now!
I still think 10 orbs is a bit too much though. How bout 5? I think I'll just set 1 orbs dmg to about 3, and then the chance of hitting decreases with each hit.

Anyway, I see all of your moves have to do with magic. Would you like an ability to affect all moves, or just one?

GalinndanDawnfire

Quote from: Tiger on 2012 Jul 26, 04:52:21
Vick's moves, accepted! Still need abilities though... Hm... *thinks for a while*
Wait, what's the D and L for the dice throwing thing mean?
Quote from: GalinndanDawnfire on 2012 Jul 26, 04:12:33

Whoops, sorry, forgot x3 Okay, I'll help out now!
I still think 10 orbs is a bit too much though. How bout 5? I think I'll just set 1 orbs dmg to about 3, and then the chance of hitting decreases with each hit.

Anyway, I see all of your moves have to do with magic. Would you like an ability to affect all moves, or just one?

About the Magic missiles, each orb does 5% of the fireball damage.

Affect all moves please. What is the next step?

Vick McBread

Quotewhat's the D and L for the dice throwing thing mean?

D = dark L = Light
You give us a light level and We figure out the power Vick has. ALSO Weight, Mass, Density and more phyics comes into play so If We raise the number of DAM. Its because the pony is tall, small, and big.
Abiitys?
give us examples...

Tiger

Quote from: GalinndanDawnfire on 2012 Jul 26, 04:57:20

...But I'm too lazy to make it all 5% fireball damage when the fireball damage is random DD: *whine*
Anyway, since they're all related to magic, I say the ability should be something like "Magic moves has (insert fraction) chance of (insert status problem)"
So, for example, any of your attacking magic moves could have 1/6 chance of paralysis, or maybe 1/3. It could also be burn, poison, bleeding, whatever you want. The status problem will last for X amount of turns. What status problem do you want to inflict your targets with?
Quote from: Vick McBread on 2012 Jul 26, 05:26:17
Quotewhat's the D and L for the dice throwing thing mean?

D = dark L = Light
You give us a light level and We figure out the power Vick has. ALSO Weight, Mass, Density and more phyics comes into play so If We raise the number of DAM. Its because the pony is tall, small, and big.
Abiitys?
give us examples...

Quote from: Tiger, first post of the topicAn ability, like in pokemon, is something that is activated immediately upon the start of a battle or a certain trigger that causes something to happen. E.g. Quick React allows your character to attack immediately after being switched in, unlike how you get switched in and you can't attack immediately. This ability is only useful when you have more than one character though! Another one, which is ????????'s and Astergen's ability is Deceive, which makes the move Counter do double damage.

Vick McBread

So our ability is Thinking? YEAH! WE LOVE IT!
Thanks and by the way, We forgive you for that WE war. ^-^
Ok. Done here.

GalinndanDawnfire

Quote from: Tiger on 2012 Jul 26, 06:15:02
Quote from: GalinndanDawnfire on 2012 Jul 26, 04:57:20

...But I'm too lazy to make it all 5% fireball damage when the fireball damage is random DD: *whine*
Anyway, since they're all related to magic, I say the ability should be something like "Magic moves has (insert fraction) chance of (insert status problem)"
So, for example, any of your attacking magic moves could have 1/6 chance of paralysis, or maybe 1/3. It could also be burn, poison, bleeding, whatever you want. The status problem will last for X amount of turns. What status problem do you want to inflict your targets with?

Okay, I can agree with the 3 damage and each time the accuracy decreases. How about it starts out with 100%, and each time 10% of the previous accuracy is taken away. EXAMPLE: 1st Hit: 100%. 2nd hit: 90%. 3rd Hit: 81%. 4th Hit: 72.9%. 5th Hit: 65.61%. 6th Hit: 59.049%. 7th Hit: 53.1441%. 8th Hit: 47.82969%. 9th Hit: 43.046721%. 10th and final possible hit: 38.7420489%. You can round up/down if you want to, or adjust the accuracies. The chance of 10 orbs hitting is 0.872796356808771242589139747948%. Anyways, Lightning bolt already paralyzes, and Fireball already has a chance of burning... so what other options are there?

Bon Bon

Quote from: Tiger on 2012 Jul 26, 03:52:32
Quote from: Bon Bon on 2012 Jul 25, 20:40:53

I like those moves! Nice job making them! (Especially that last one :D) Accepted!
Although, about "Mage", could you type out a list of the spells it can use? It would make it easier for me so that I wouldn't have to make all those spells on the dot o_o

Distraction would confuse the enemy for a couple turns. After that it is how much hp it claims, the dark cloud being the most powerful.
Have you ever heard the wolf cry to the newborn moon? Or have you ever ask the grinning bobcat why he grins?

[move]

Go Up