Most annoying things in video games

Started by Lord of Madness, 2012 Oct 11, 03:03:12

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Dark Hooves

having so much practice on the armored core games that i can defeat any NPC opponent with ease, they are sooooo boooooring

i so want xbox live, but i need a wifi receiver for mah xbox 360, it is the arcade version which doesnt have built in wifi receiver
<br /><br />everypony is capable of great good or great evil but everypony should be treated like their worth giving a chance<br /><br />My OCs. http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=6860.0

Puynsi

Quote from: Dark Hooves on 2014 Apr 01, 13:21:19
having so much practice on the armored core games that i can defeat any NPC opponent with ease, they are sooooo boooooring

i so want xbox live, but i need a wifi receiver for mah xbox 360, it is the arcade version which doesnt have built in wifi receiver

Doing all AC on ps2 in a day, when I realize:
"well... next game..."
*pull off Dynasty Warriors*
Oh.... noe....

Coffee Rush

"Friendly!">Chest holes
A cookie for anyone who can name this game.
My OC can be found here!

Puynsi

Coffee Rush

My OC can be found here!

Kazekai

2014 Apr 16, 18:15:21 #1845 Last Edit: 2014 Apr 17, 00:11:55 by Kazekai
Spoiler: show
Everything about Terraria. (Starbound is better anyway :V)

When I miss an item or event in Harvest Moon because I wasn't somewhere at the exact time on the exact day as an NPC

When I'm playing a game where there's water levels where you can drown. (I hate hydrocity, I hate it so much.)

When a game doesn't have enough check points so I don't have to keep doing the same things over and over again D;

When a game doesn't have online multiplayer but it has local. (Not everyone lives near their friends >:L)

When a game has a puzzle so convoluted that I need a guide. (Hello Myst, I hate you.)

When a game doesn't have a dedicated save function in the menu especially if it's a handheld.

When a game has permadeath. I'd like my hard work to not be taken away from me because of one mistake, life is stressful enough.

When a game's only difficulty settings are "hard" and "harder", or when there is no setting for easy at all.

When I have to grind for 4 hours just to progress the story. (Oh hi Dark Cloud 2, we need to have a talk about this relationship.)

When pretty much all of the characters have better powers than the one you're forced to play as. (Pretty much every Sonic game except the ones that he isn't in, especially the modern ones.)

When a game forces me to do a tutorial and won't even give me all of my abilities until I do the ones it wants me to first. (Tiny & Big comes to mind.)

When a game drops me into it without any kind of direction at all. (Minecraft, the original Zelda)

When a game's main advertised feature is being ruthlessly hard. That's pretentious and the kinds of communities it builds are too full of people with a superiority complex for my tastes.

When I'm playing pokemon and trying to evolve a pokemon that needs a certain time of day but I get the opposite one because for some reason even if it's still pitch black out in my area, I get Espeon just because it's past 6AM. I don't know what the deal is with pokemon logic but it's not that bright out at 6AM here at any time of the year.

Pretty much every S-class track on ASRT. I don't recommend getting in a skype call with me if I'm playing those unless you want to hear a very angry gamer reinvent the English language's interpretation of swear words.

When metroidvania games don't have a map screen.

When the gaming industry killed collect-a-thon 3D platformers and made them more like 2D platformers with a lot of linearity to appeal to a wider audience because nobody thinks they can like a game like spyro anymore...  DD:

When OoT3D ruined the ocarina for me. I used to be able to play it like a real instrument, now Nintendo messed up the button mapping and I'm super mad about it.  >:O

When a game has dragons as the antagonist. I like dragons, why do I always have to kill them?

When an online game that is clearly focused on PVP doesn't have the option for private, non-dedicated servers. (Rust.)

When a game has a swear filter that is so ridiculous that you can't say a word like "spice" without it censoring the first 4 letters. (Sorry if that offended someone.)

When a game has a species specific to a certain gender or if you can only have certain appearances with a certain gender. (In an old dead MMO called Earth Eternal the female fox characters were darker of fur than the males and didn't have very pointy ears so I couldn't be pure white but the guys could.)

When a game is in alpha for 3 years and never progresses.

When a game leaves beta but is still broken. (Minecraft.)

When a game updates every single day with barely any changes and certainly nothing noticeable to the layman.

When a game takes up so many resources that my rig can't run it. (When MY rig can't run a game, there's a problem.)

When a Wii game can be played fine with a classic controller but doesn't offer that option.

When a game has bosses that it doesn't need to have. Not every game needs bosses, they're the least enjoyable part of games to me anyway.

When a game puts a high emphasis on scores and leaderboards to the point where it gets naggy about connecting to the internet or builds gameplay around it.

And probably my biggest thing: When a game has time limits everywhere. I'm ok with it in katamari now but it's seriously annoying, just let me play at my own pace.

tl;dr I'm a casual gamer

Julius

If you were adding a too long didn't read bit, you could have put everything else within a spoiler tag...

Anyway, breeding Pokemon can be very tedious. :/
Purr~

Puynsi

Randam Saiko

When a company implements economic changes (item prices, loots, etc) to a game to "improve it," but what they actually meant was, "We're making it pay to win now! Give us your money!"
Spoiler: and turns it into this • show

Might and Magic: Duel of Champions. Stupid Ubisoft.

Emit, you mischievous little...
My OCs

Kazekai

Quote from: Julius on 2014 Apr 16, 18:37:21
If you were adding a too long didn't read bit, you could have put everything else within a spoiler tag...

Anyway, breeding Pokemon can be very tedious. :/

Noted.

Also when a game NEVER drops in price or goes on sale. >.<

Ramisha

Quote from: Puynsi on 2014 Apr 16, 21:54:31

I always knew Siiiilveooon was evil. I kNEW IT!

Why are fairy pokemon even stronger than dragon pokemon?! Really?

PrincessButton

Quote from: Randam Saiko on 2014 Apr 16, 23:08:49
When a company implements economic changes (item prices, loots, etc) to a game to "improve it," but what they actually meant was, "We're making it pay to win now! Give us your money!"
Spoiler: and turns it into this • show

Might and Magic: Duel of Champions. Stupid Ubisoft.
Quote from: Puynsi on 2014 Apr 16, 21:54:31

this thread really is better with pictures. I miss when more people posted funny pictures related to dumb things in games, now this thread is mostly ranting. And don't get me wrong, ranting is fun too, but... pictures > wordy rants. X3
[Avatar drawn by Dusky Hues; Thank you!]

Ramisha

Quote from: Pinkie Pie on 2014 Apr 17, 11:40:33
this thread really is better with pictures. I miss when more people posted funny pictures related to dumb things in games, now this thread is mostly ranting. And don't get me wrong, ranting is fun too, but... pictures > wordy rants. X3

got it

Kazekai

Quote from: Ramisha on 2014 Apr 17, 12:46:41
Quote from: Pinkie Pie on 2014 Apr 17, 11:40:33

got it

Back on pokemon blue version I tanked the E4 with a clefable.

WHAT NOW

Ramisha

Yes but.. back then it wasn't a fairy type  ovO

Puynsi

Filthy fairy types... Red Gyarados is not pleased.

Randam Saiko

Emit, you mischievous little...
My OCs

Julius

Say what you want dudes, my Sylveon will obliterate each and every one of your dragons and look adorable while doing so. :]
Purr~

Kazekai

I wonder how many people remember fairies weren't always the flitty fruity things in cartoons but were originally pretty evil and frightening.

There were old fold tales about fairies manipulating people to dance with them until their hearts exploded and luring people into forests where they would eventually starve - fairies also used to be more than winged tiny people (pixies) but the term used to apply to any magic affiliate such as trents, dryads, centaurs, or even spirits, so in that way fairy types could share a lot in common with ghost types.

Also I think it's hilarious that I can poke a dragon type with azumaril and do massive damage. I've always wanted a light type anyway and this is as close as you can get.

GoldenTerrabyte

Falling into lava. Applies to every game where lava exists.
I'm back

Go Up