Life in the seas. (Open RP)

Started by Snowcraft_Pony, 2014 Aug 11, 15:53:26

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Snowcraft_Pony

It has been a quiet day so far on the ship Silver's Glory, the crew of the pirate sailing ship relaxing on the deck, taking advantage of the calm waters and bright, warming sun.

Well, most of the crew were at least, the buccaneer's known as Ceada and Ithua Splinterhoof had been looking at the map and compass for hours, trying to find out where in the South Seas the ship was!

"What about there?" Ceada asked.

"No, or we would be able to see the Broken Isles from here." Ithua replied

"What about there?" Ceada asked, pointing to a different part of the map.

"No, if we were that close to Plunder Isle, we would be at the bottom of the ocean by now."

"There?"

"No..."

Suddenly the crew heard a loud explosion, causing the crew to look towards the east, where they could see the Equestrian ship The Bleeding Sparrow, and the Shattershore ship The Oblivion, both of which were in the middle of a battle between each other.

Soon the Silver's Glory was caught up in the battle and the three ships began to sink, each fatally struck.

Soon enough the crew's of all three ships somehow managed to wash up on the same island, at three different points.

"Great... now where are we?" Ceada asked.

"I have no idea..." Ithua responded, looking up to see a large island...

The island was Plunder Isle!

StormDancer01

Aquamarine, a white unicorn mare with oddly long back legs, trotted up to Ceada and Ithua. Salhttp://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=2470.0">Read the forum rules.er dripped from her soaked mane and tail, making her look more like something the cat dragged in than a unicorn mare.
"Where the hay are we?" She demanded, sounding frustrated. "Would somepony be so kind as to explain just what happened??"

Snowcraft_Pony

"We've just washed up on an unknown shore after being shipwrecked by two fighting ships." Ceada replied smugly as Ithua gathered her equipment.

StormDancer01

"Well that's just grand." Aquamarine complained loudly. She shook herself vigorously, spraying droplets of water on all the nearby ponies.
She looked around a bit, taking in her surroundings. A bird chirped somewhere overhead, and a cool breeze blew in from the sea. "At least it's sort of nice here." She said, lowering her voice to a normal tone. "Do we have any way of finding out where we are?"

Snowcraft_Pony

"Well, judging by the Basilisk's over there to the east, the jungle, volcano, and the the fortress over there, Plunder Isle, capital of the Sorrowsea Pirates..."

StormDancer01

Aquamarine froze. "Errrr... well, that doesn't sound good." she said nervously. "Are there wild animals in the jungle? Are there pirates in the fortress? Can we run for our lives now?"

Snowcraft_Pony

"Where d' ya propose we run ta?" Ceada asked as Ithua tried to fix her bow silently.

StormDancer01

Aquamarine shrugged. "Mmmmmm. Good question. I think we should go to the jungle. Perhaps we can create a raft or something out of logs, and there might be fruit trees. Most of the food probably fell into the ocean. Do either of you happen to have a map?"

Snowcraft_Pony

Ithua stared at Aquamarine. "You talk to much..."

StormDancer01

Aquamarine crinkled her nose at Ithua distastefully. "No, you talk to little." She then turned back to Ceada. "What do you suppose our best option is? You seem to be the expert here."

((Sorry if Aquamarine talks too much - honestly, I do, too, so. Bleh. :3))

Snowcraft_Pony

"I'd say we go see if we can find things to salvage from the other two ships - if they shipwrecked with us..." Ceada said with an unsure tone.

StormDancer01

Aquamarine nodded. "Alright. It looks like most of it's floating a ways out." A roguish grin slowly crept across her face. "Can you swim?"

StormDancer01

Aquamarine smirked, then turned around and started to walk away. As soon as she was a fair distance from the shore, she turned back around, then started to gallop towards the water. Her still-damp hair flew behind her, droplets of salhttp://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=2470.0">Read the forum rules.er dripping off and flying out behind her. At the last second, she closed her eyes tight and leapt, diving into the water.

Aquamarine opened her eyes. Bubbles swirled around her. The water was fairly shallow, but she was still all the way underwater. Her hind legs felt funny, like they were burning and freezing at the same time. She smiled at the familiar sensation. Silver overlapping scales slid down her legs like a wave, binding her legs together. Her back hooves flattened out and expanded into a large, silvery-white fin. She flapped her tail once, experimentally, then swam back up to surface. She laughed as she paddled over to Caeda, enjoying the subtle currents and marveling in the ripples. She never felt quite so alive as when she was in mer-pony form.

I hope Caeda doesn't notice, she thought, suddenly a little embarrassed. She enjoyed having a tail, but other ponies probably thought she was a freak now. whatever.

"Shall we go look and see what we can find?" She said to Caeda, as soon as se had caught up.

Post Merge

((Do you have an OC page for Caeda and Ithua? I'd like to know more about them.  :D))

Snowcraft_Pony

((No, sorry.))

Ceada and Ithua looked on in disbelief seeing Aquamarine's transformation. Ithua even fainted!"

Teal Turken

// I'm very impressed with your descriptions and details, StormDancer! :D \\

Floating upon a piece of driftwood from the now sunk Equestrian vessel, The Bleeding Sparrow, a very young and unconscious changeling drifts just off shore from the island. He was previously a prisoner, still signified by the restraints on his wings and the muffler tied to his mouth. Being a foal, he stands only about a foot off the ground and uniquely has a large jagged tail though it possesses no magical properties.

He begins to awaken slowly just as the tide starts to bring him closer in. His eyes burn from the sun entering them and he struggles to grasp his situation as a medium sized wave picks him up and rushes towards land. He tries to cry out through his muffler as the wave comes down, tossing him off his driftwood and onto the wet sand, half burying his face into the ground.

Zappy, the colt changeling, lifts up his head and wipes the sand from his face. He gazes around at his surroundings. From what he can tell, he's alone but also lost.

He gets to work trying to free himself from his bindings, tugging at the muffler first.

StormDancer01

((Awww, thanks, Teal Turken!   :D :D :D :D))

Aquamarine rolled her eyes at Caeda, though not in an unfriendly manner. She turned away and dove underwater, beginning to search the wreckage for anything useful. She blinked a few times, her eyes adjusting to the darkness underwater. Light rippled down through the water, creating odd but beautiful shadows and patterns. Aquamarine swam forward, starting to go through the waterlogged junk. Most of it was useless. She was almost ready to tell Ceada ((I just realized I've been typing it Caeda this who time, but it's actually Ceada. :0 oops.)) that searching was pointless, when a sodden piece of paper caught in her mane. Still underwater, she carefully detangled it. Most of the ink had washed out, and it was almost impossible to read, but from what was left, it looked like a map. Excited, she swam to surface as fast as she could, cradling the torn and mostly ruined map in her front hooves. She gasped as she broke the surface, her neck gills sinking back into her skin. "Ceada!" She called. "I think I found something!"

Snowcraft_Pony

Ithua looked over and spotted the changeling foal. "Hey! Over there!"

Ceada looked and hurried to the unconscious creature, wading through the shallow, warming waters. When she arrived she turned him over and looked him over. Sighing as she found him in relatively good shape, she ripped the muffler off of him and dropped it in the white sand. "You okay kid?"

Teal Turken

Zappy was surprised when he heard something tossing water aside. He turned to it's source to see Ceada heading for him, startling him. He turned away and attempted to fly before she got to him, despite his bounds over his wings.

After she removed his muffler, he just stared at her nervously. There isn't much he can do right now with his wings bound and only given enough rations earlier to keep him awake but magically impaired.

u-um...I-I'm okay. he says, wondering why one of his captors (he assumes she is) would worry about his safety.

Snowcraft_Pony

"Ohh thank goodness, kid. What's yer name?" Ceada asked calmly. Ithua meanwhile was slowly making her way over, her large hooves making deep imprints in the sand. o.O

Go Up