Post-Season 4 discussion

Started by Weatherboy1, 2013 Aug 20, 16:31:14

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

PrincessButton

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2013 Dec 04, 18:25:14
Quote from: Pinkie Pie on 2013 Dec 04, 16:47:17
Spoiler: show
I found it rather concerning that Twilight was like "Oooo a diary, I'm going to disregard the privacy of others and read it." I mean, I understand her curiosity, but still she didn't even hesitate. o -o

Well, she did say something like "Maybe this is the book Celestia wanted me to find."
Oh, right. I went back and looked at the episode again, I guess I missed that comment the first time.  :o
[Avatar drawn by Dusky Hues; Thank you!]

sammym07

I can't wait for the new episode (Ep. 4). Want some spoilers bout' it anypony? :3

I can't turn this around
I keep running into walls that I can't break down
I said I just wander around
With my eyes wide shut because of you

Dawnstar

Personally I'm trying to avoid spoilers this season. I read all the synopses for last season ahead of their actual air times and I will admit my enjoyment of the season was slightly diminished because of it. Not much mind you but I did feel that I missed out on something since I walked into the first two seasons without knowing jack about the series.

PrincessButton

Quote from: Dawnstar on 2013 Dec 05, 22:23:04
Personally I'm trying to avoid spoilers this season. I read all the synopses for last season ahead of their actual air times and I will admit my enjoyment of the season was slightly diminished because of it. Not much mind you but I did feel that I missed out on something since I walked into the first two seasons without knowing jack about the series.
I agree, I prefer watching the episode with no spoilers about what it will be about. It's more fun to not know.  ^-^
[Avatar drawn by Dusky Hues; Thank you!]

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Pinkie Pie on 2013 Dec 05, 22:41:05
Quote from: Dawnstar on 2013 Dec 05, 22:23:04
I agree, I prefer watching the episode with no spoilers about what it will be about. It's more fun to not know.  ^-^

That's why I prefer when digital TV guides give somewhat vague descriptions about episodes. Sometimes, they explain way too much, or they mention something big that happens right in the middle of the episode. If I accidentally read it, it makes me want to flip a table. :\

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

~Durpy

Quote from: moonlight7starshine on 2013 Oct 24, 23:58:11
no more derpy please she starting to get realy realy annoying

Post Merge

bat ponies MUST become cannon

Somepony is looking to get bombarded by 30 million cardboard boxes :v
My suitcase full of bees should put a stop to this!!

sammym07

Post Merge

Wut do u mean she's annoying!?

I can't turn this around

Flagwaver

Personally, I am interested to see how tomorrow's episode turns out.  If it sticks to tradition, it will be a non-story filler, and even that is fun.  But, I still want to see the flavor of the season in a non-story.

lemongrass

Anyone know where I can watch today's episode??

sammym07

2013 Dec 07, 04:41:59 #89 Last Edit: 2013 Dec 07, 04:48:31 by sammym07
Ermm...hmm...lemme look at some stuff for u... ^-^

Post Merge

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2013/12/daring-dont-episode-streams-and.html There u go! There's a list if places for the livestreams! :3

I can't turn this around

lemongrass

Book Smarts

Action, drama, and comedy all wrapped up into an episode... Mind = blown!   

sammym07

:o ^-^ :3 AMAZIN EPISODE!!!

Post Merge

Quote from: sammym07 on 2013 Dec 06, 18:48:34

Post Merge

Wut do u mean she's annoying!?

I can't turn this around

Rissian

I actually didn't expect that at all.  :o I thought she'd be some author who just put herself in the character rather than the character actually being real. That opens up so much world and lore in equestria now given that all of those ruins are real in equestria.

Mizuki

Loved this week's episode! While I'm not really sure if younger kids will really get the joke behind Twilight & Rainbow's fandom-babble, but I think they'll love it for the action and some of the other comedy. I think it was a pretty solid episode over-all, it reminded me of my childhood days of watchin Tintin (which is sorta like Indiana Jones before Indiana Jones was a thing)

Not to be confused with Zukiuke

Dawnstar

Certainly a lot of "I wasn't expecting thats" in the new episode that's for sure. Lots of "knew that was coming" as well of course, but overall I enjoyed the episode. Though the episode's lesson is a bit arguable in my opinion. Yes the lesson of putting your trust in others even when you don't think you need to is a good one, but an equally good lesson for the episode that I think got glossed over a bit was respect for the privacy of others.

That said:

Definitely a lot stronger attempt at more action shots for the series. Though a few of them looked admittedly strange, but I can't really fault them for that as the series hasn't had a very extensive amount of action shots let alone this many in a single episode.

Totally knew the author wasn't what she seemed at first glance, though I admit I honestly would not have called her actually being Daring Do. On that note of course, the fact that both Daring Do and her various nemesis are real in Equestria opens up a whole new array of interesting as well as frankly disturbing possibilities. Especially when you consider the power of some of those artifacts she has recovered/destroyed have. It proves there are things happening in Equestria that we are not seeing on screen that are just as dangerous as the things we do see.

Also, I can certainly understand Daring's reaction to Rainbow during the earlier parts of the episode. Rainbow was definitely filling the role of obnoxiously overzealous fan, which considering how real Daring's profession actually is had the potential to be a real nightmare, and indeed almost caused a permanent end to her career. However, I have to admit, the fangirling before she actually started causing problems was freaking adorable.

One final note: it was really hard to tell in the first three episodes, but Twilight is definitely a noticeable amount taller than the rest of her friends now, and I think her horn may have actually gotten a bit longer as well so whatever difference there is in Alicorn genetics it is starting to exert itself.

lemongrass

i noticed her horn was longer from pretty much the first episode, and the angle of her wings make her body look more like cadence's, I think hasbro is trying to make subtle changes to what she looked like as she grows up into a princess. At the end of Daring Do, when Rainbow was on the book cover... MIND. BLOWN. It made me SO happy! Although wouldn't that make people start thinking that daring is real? Because people would know rainbow?  o.O

sammym07

Maybe. And I slightly noticed tht too. For some reason, I want all them mane six being the same height as their friends. So, I don't mean I want them all to turn into alicorns (O.o Fudge no.), I just....Idk. XD Like... some kind of special power that each and every one of them get, tht makes them as tall as Twily. idk. Srsly idk. XD

I can't turn this around

GoldenTerrabyte

Oh my gosh... The fact that Daring Do's adventures were things that actually happened just made the MLP universe 10 times cooler. I don't know exactly why I find it so cool, I just do.
I'm back

LostSanity

Wow.

That was an unexpected surprise. That's not what I expected from the synopsis I read.

It was a pleasant surprise.

In other words... another AWESOME episode!!

:D
[shadow=gray,left]I'M ONLY HAPPY WHEN IT REIGNS[/shadow]

The Roman Reigns of the forum

Go Up