The WhoPonies Sign-Up & OOC [CLOSED]

Started by Alassë, 2013 Jul 10, 01:53:13

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Alassë

2013 Jul 10, 01:53:13 Last Edit: 2013 Sep 27, 05:06:14 by ssumppg
Welcome to the WhoPonies!

We are a group of traveling friends who like to explore! Anyone from any playable (or RP-able, like Changelings, Time Horses or any other race that can look like an Earth Pony, Pegasus or Unicorn) race is welcome to join us on our epic adventures in the Legends of Equestria universe (not canon MLP). Just read the rules and fill out the form below to sign up! :D

Oh, and we have a theme song. :nod:

~RULES~  (By signing up you agree to abide by these rules. Breaking them will get you warned, then banned. Thank you.)
- Keep all content to a PG rating. The only exception is fantasy violence, which can be up to PG-13 levels.
- No trolling or "breaking" the RP. If you have conflicting lore/headcanon, please contact me in a private message and I will do what I can to sort it out.
- If you are going to be absent for more than a week, please write yourself out of the RP, even if it's only temporary.
- Please read all posts that were written since the last time you were on!! Not doing so results in confusion and me having to say "No, you can't do that because this happened several pages back". I understand that the RP thread goes a little fast, but due to the nature of this RP you really need to understand what's happened in order to post something that makes sense.
- I reserve the right to add new rules and/or modify existing rules at any time for any reason, whether stated or not.
Changes to the rules are effective immediately unless otherwise stated.

Spoiler: About the Elements of Harmony & The WhoPonies • show
Several of us expressed interest in being bearers of the Elements of Harmony (since we're RPing in the LoE universe, not canon MLP). We are currently going through a series of "tests" to determine who represents which Element. The result of these tests will be reflected in the following list:

Magic -
Honesty -
Kindness -
Laughter -
Generosity -
Loyalty -
Love - 

Spoiler: Time Horses - Please Read This! • show
Just to keep things from getting confusing for us time-travelers, here's the basic lore for Time Horses in this RP:

- Draconequi (Discord's species) are to Time Horses as Daleks are to Time Lords.
- The Elements of Harmony were forged by the Time Horses as a means of defense against the Draconequi.
- One of the Time Horses (I'd like it to be Whooves, since, you know, that'd make the most sense :P but I am flexible as to which Time Horse) lured all the Draconequi and any Time Horse who thought the war should continue (which was nearly all of them) to Gallopfrey, then wielded all of the Elements of Harmony to seal them in a Time Lock.
- Young Gallopfreyans go through the same ritual as their human counterparts, namely looking into the Untempered Schism at the age of eight and thus becoming Time Horses. That's when many of them get their cutie marks.
- Time Horses can either be winged (pegasus), horned (unicorn) or plain (earth pony). When they regenerate, it will randomly be into one of these three "forms".

The following items are more flexible than the above:
- I like to think that one of the things that make Time Horses so powerful (and such a threat to Draconequi) is that they are immune to all magic that is not Time Horse-related (eg: the Elements would affect them, but not Unicorn or Draconequi magic).
- I also have a theory/headcanon that the ethereal plane Twilight met Celestia in during the Season 3 Finale is where the Elements were forged, and where Time Horses got their ability to regenerate.

If you have any questions/concerns, please PM me. :)

Now then! :P

Please fill out this form in a reply to this thread and I will add you to the list. You can start RPing with us as soon as your name is added (the RP thread is here!! :D ) . And again, please make sure your character is as easy to RP in the actual LoE game as possible. ^-^

Here's the form:
Name:
Race:
Appearance:
Cutie Mark/Talent:
Personality:
Job/Hobbies:
Additional Info [optional]:
Link to Character Bio [optional]: 

Spoiler: Ponies Signed Up • show
Alassë
Forest Shadows
Storm Bolt
Light Walker
alacai
Dream Dust
Fair Blue (goes by Fairy)
Light Fire or 'The Doctor'
Creepy Stalker
Pumpkin Seed
Shadechaser
Harmony/Bad Harmony
Tiger
Marielle
Thunder "Arrowhead" Jet
Relic
Dusk Fire
Lazerbolt
bleyd
Blobking
teto
Super Nova

Post Merge

Name: Alassë
Race: Time Horse
Appearance: Purple with white mane & tail. Most always wears a book hat and stuffed saddlebags. 
Cutie Mark/Talent: An intricate symbol representing the beauty of Space-time - that is what she saw when she looked into the Untempered Schism as an eight-year-old Filly.
Personality: Most ponies don't really understand this mare. She appeared in Ponyville one day and began to constantly ramble on about how she'd lost her "tardis" (whatever that is). She's rather random and talkative, but is also highly intelligent and of a helpful disposition.
Job/Hobbies: Guide - helps lost ponies find their way, especially around the Everfree Forest.
Link to Character Bio: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=7962.0

DNAwesome

Name: Forest Shadows
Race: Unicorn
Appearance: purple with green mane, tail and eyes. hair is very spikey
Cutie Mark/Talent: Green pentacle (pentagram inside a circle) inside a green crescent moon. Witchcraft/white magic
Personality: shy around other ponies he doesn't know, but when he comes across ponies in pain he tries to help them get a full recovery using whatever is at hoof
Job/Hobbies: sells potions, sometimes uses magic for fun
Additional Info [optional]: lives at the edge of the Everfree (great place to look for some magical herbs). taking synthetic biology classes
Link to Character Bio [optional]: none

Yoater

Name: Storm Bolt
Race: Pegasus
Appearance: Mud brown coat with green eyes and a grey mane.
Cutie Mark/Talent: Something to do with a violin as that is his special talent.
Personality: Tends to not speak much and could be mistaken for being shy when he is actually thinking. Does not fly very often unless it is to get to a location to nap.
Job/Hobbies: Sits in a tree and plays his violin when not running the creatures of the forest.
Additional Info [optional]: See below.
Link to Character Bio [optional]: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=8186.msg641361#new

Alassë

Posting on behalf of magerin3:

Name: Light Walker
Appearance: White fur, black mane and tail. Usually wearing saddlebag full of potions, red hat, red boots.
Cutie Mark/Talent: Light shining through clouds; I can use magic of sorts... manipulating weather. If I think of a thundercloud, one pops up. I think of the sun, I get the sun. It's more of a curse than anything. *skittish about it* 
Personality: I like helping others.
Job/Hobbies: Potion Making

ScrivitTheDemon13

Name: alacai
Race: changeling (assumes form of a unicorn)
Appearance: normal changeling look,exept with an orange fin,wings appear to have a red tint > unicorn form: bright blue coat,blue mane/tail,will wear glasses in unicorn form,green eyes
Cutie Mark/Talent: none >unicorn form: red medical cross
Personality:
Job/Hobbies: commander in changeling hive >unicorn form: former medic
Additional Info [optional]: in unicorn form,eyes will have a slight green glow in the dark,and sounds german,will appear to have short fangs

DreamDust

2013 Jul 10, 23:39:24 #5 Last Edit: 2013 Jul 10, 23:54:39 by DreamDust
Name: Dream Dust
Race: Unicorn
Appearance: http://s296.photobucket.com/user/hawkeyez767/media/92008841-8234-4151-974a-dac6e23b8dba.jpg.html][IMG]http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm190/hawkeyez767/92008841-8234-4151-974a-dac6e23b8dba.jpg[/img][/URL]
Cutie Mark/Talent:Her voice due to its minor magical property, It is able to soothe anypony of any ill feeling they may be experiencing and is known to replace the feeling with happiness. It is even rumored that a lullaby sang by her can bring on pleasant dreams. Also studies dream magic.////Her cutie mark is that of a Light purple cloud with dark blue and yellow sparkles around it.
Personality:Kind, Outgoing, Protective, Compassionate, Friendly once you know her, Always wants to meet somepony new.
Job/Hobbies: Her job is simply usually filly and colt sitting or singing in a pony choir
Additional Info [optional]: She seems to have a magical shimmer around her like a light dusting of glitter flowing from her.
Link to Character Bio [optional]:  http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=7637.0

Craftycorn

Here's the form:
Name: Fair Blue (or goes by Fairy)
Race: Water or Sea Pony (appears as an earth pony)
Appearance: Light blue coat (like her name) with a light pink mane very reminiscent of cotton candy but not as poofy. Real appearance is much different but her current appearance is that of an earth pony.
Cutie Mark/Talent: Crystal blue life flower. Things tend to grow and gain life and spirit when she is around. Also has a knack for achieving the impossible. ;)
Personality: Seems rather childish and airheaded most of the time but this is just to keep the air lighthearted and happy. Can be serious when needed and is actually very level headed and able to keep her cool in difficult situations.
Job/Hobbies: She is a Pony from the deep sea that has come to the surface to gather information and apparently is supposed to help fulfill some sort of prophecy and pass on a very specific message to a very specific pony but she has yet to know what this message is or which pony or what she actually supposed to accomplish just yet. But she will learn when the time is right and she gathers enough information. As for hobbies, she likes explore... a lot. Also she likes singing, art, rock climbing and doing anything that seems to be completely impossible.
Additional Info [optional]: She comes from an ancient city of legend that was supposedly lost to the sea thousands of years ago. Much like the legend of Atlantis but that name is just part of the fairytale. However, the part of the legends that is true is that is where the most powerful and majestic of ponies lived. Thought to be ponies born of the heavens more powerful than the alicorns. Much of their knowledge and power when dormant when their city sank and they transformed into the sea ponies they are now. However, on rare occasion there is one that seems to have access to the ancient power creation and life that they once bore.
Link to Character Bio [optional]: None as of yet.

Doctor Light

2013 Jul 11, 01:53:19 #7 Last Edit: 2013 Jul 11, 01:55:10 by Doctor Light
Name: Light Fire or 'The Doctor'
Race: Pegasus/Time Stallion
Appearance: www.ask-light-fire.tumblr.com
Cutie Mark/Talent: Hourglass similar to Whooves, talent is time travel.
Personality: Somewhat fun, yet serious. Can be a force to be reckoned with.
Job/Hobbies: Time travel.
Additional Info [optional]:
((I request to be the element of loyalty if you don't mind.))
Hey, I like Doctor Who, writing, playing and singing music, badminton, and MLP.

Caramel Truffle

2013 Jul 12, 16:19:00 #8 Last Edit: 2013 Jul 13, 05:29:20 by Caramel Truffle
Name: Creepy Stalker
Appearance: Dark gray coat with darker thick mane. Round eyes with small irises.
Cutie Mark/Talent: camera with an eye as a lens / capturing the essence of life through still pictures, aka photography
Personality: over-loving pony hidden in a creepy shell
Job/Hobbies: Photographer / stalking random ponies
Additional Info [optional]: He is not very athletic
Link to Character Bio [optional]: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=8314.0

Pictures:
Spoiler: show

Creepy Stalker in LoE pre-alpha (07/2013)

Creepy Stalker made with the infamous pony creator

Creepy's cutie mark

Edit: I changed the image host, pictures should display correctly now.

Pumpkin Seeds

Name: Pumpkin Seed
Race: Earth pony
Appearance: Orange brown coat with a creamy tan mane and tail. Sometimes wears a bright red bowler derby hat and a medium sized saddlebag.
http://s1108.photobucket.com/user/researchpony/media/345781f0-fecd-416f-9ae1-085b9010830a.jpg.html][IMG]http://i1108.photobucket.com/albums/h415/researchpony/345781f0-fecd-416f-9ae1-085b9010830a.jpg[/img][/URL]

Cutie Mark/Talent: Four pumpkin seeds, represents her skill at tending crops earlier and later in the year and in more soil types than most ponies. It also symbolizes her hope for a better future.
Personality: Is usually timid around other ponies, but tries to always put her best hoof forward. She is also outspoken, protective, and a little silly towards/around her friends. With the right encouragement, she'll be willing to try her best.
Job/Hobbies: Works with her family on a farm. When she was young she with her siblings played games and had all sorts of made up adventures. Now in her spare time she researches agriculture (things like soil condition, best conditions for planting, the year's growing season, and various pest control solutions). She also when not busy with agriculture studies enjoys reading books about other lands and events, places that she would like to visit during a break in the seasons. Though such thoughts seem foolhardy to her, seeing as her family needs her to help with the yearly plantings and harvesting cycles.
Additional Info [optional]: Comes for a small township North of the Unicorn Range. Has 4 siblings.
Link to Character Bio [optional]: None as of yet

Shadechaser

2013 Jul 13, 03:47:10 #10 Last Edit: 2013 Jul 13, 03:50:18 by Shadechaser
Name: Shadechaser (Shadow)
Race: Unicorn (in question)
Appearance: Dark Blue Coat, Semi-Dark Mane / Tail, Hair Style is a mix between Twilight and Fluttershy
Cutie Mark/Talent: Not yet known / Shadow walking abilities
Personality: Passively friendly
Job/Hobbies: Training in Magic / Combat
Additional Info: Normally hides in the shadows (during the day) and whispers ideas or battles well and disappears in the night
Link to Character Bio:  http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=8276.0
Your Brony Personality Test reveals...
Twilight Sparkle?!
Judge not, unless thee be judged first in the kingdom of God.
Mathew 7 1:3

TheCreeper3

Name: Harmony/Bad Harmony
Appearance: Profile pic and signiture
Cutie Mark/Talent:

Personality: Harmony- Kind hearted, caring, playful. Bad Harmony- Cold Hearted, mean, very open about his past
Job/Hobbies: Potions
Additional Info [optional]: Don't make him mad
Link to Character Bio [optional]: http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=7546.0
I have found both freedom and safety in my madness; the freedom of loneliness and the safety from being understood, for those who understand us enslave something in us
OC's

Tiger

Heh, it's been a while since I've RP'd. This interests me.

Name: Tiger
Spoiler: Appearance • show

Cutie Mark/Talent: A map. Good at adventuring.
Personality: M\May be kind or may be mean, depending on how irritated she gets. Always helpful and outspoken. Tomboyish, can get irritated or frustrated easily.
Job/Hobbies: Adventuring, exploring, flying.
Additional Info [optional]: She hides a deep secret.
Link to Character Bio [optional]:  http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=5378.msg412595#msg412595
(It's a bit lengthy)

A link to my tumblr above!
Tiger's OC page. Should re-do it...

Alassë

Nala Valor

Name: Marielle
Race: moose
Age: 16 ((what can I say, teenager looking for adventures!))
Appearance: coco brown coat and lime green eyes
Cutie Mark/Talent: cooking ((moose=no cutie mark))
Personality: energetic, curious, and somewhat shy.
Job/Hobbies: assistant cook. ((Works with her father))
More info: she doesn't talk a lot to strangers and she hates vegetables. Also, she isn't from equestria.

GlassMirror

Can we still sign up?
Name: Relic
Race: DragonPony
Appearance: dark red coat and rose red mane, and purple eyes
mark: Tablet (understands many languages)
Personality: Sweet, nice, courageous, hardworking, helpful
Job: No job
more in sig

Alassë

Quote from: Nala Valor on 2013 Jul 13, 23:40:31
Name: Marielle
Race: moose
Age: 16 ((what can I say, teenager looking for adventures!))
Appearance: coco brown coat and lime green eyes
Cutie Mark/Talent: cooking ((moose=no cutie mark))
Personality: energetic, curious, and somewhat shy.
Job/Hobbies: assistant cook. ((Works with her father))
More info: she doesn't talk a lot to strangers and she hates vegetables. Also, she isn't from equestria.
Erm... As much as I would love to welcome you to the RP, I'm afraid I can't figure out how you would RP a moose in LoE (unless you're referencing the April Fool's Day joke, but that doesn't count :P )... So, how would you do it? What race would you be in-game? Etc etc. :)

Quote from: GlassMirror on 2013 Jul 13, 23:45:03
Can we still sign up?
Name: Relic
Race: DragonPony
Appearance: dark red coat and rose red mane, and purple eyes
mark: Tablet (understands many languages)
Personality: Sweet, nice, courageous, hardworking, helpful
Job: No job
more in sig

Of course you can! :D I assume you'd be a pegasus in-game? :)

Nala Valor

In-game I would be a earth pony but in a way, I can still say she's a moose. Why? Because her antlers would be small (being a female and a young moose) so she would just hide them with a head cover object. Most likely to be something similar to a cowboy hat in size.
If it still doesn't work, I guess I'll just change her to a earth pony completely.

Alassë

Quote from: Nala Valor on 2013 Jul 13, 23:55:32
In-game I would be a earth pony but in a way, I can still say she's a moose. Why? Because her antlers would be small (being a female and a young moose) so she would just hide them with a head cover object. Most likely to be something similar to a cowboy hat in size.
If it still doesn't work, I guess I'll just change her to a earth pony completely.
That works! One last question - once the game is released, if you don't get your cutie mark you'll never grow up... how are you going to work around that?

Sorry for all the questions, I just want to make sure this is a doable RP in-game. :)

Go Up