When Darkness Falls (Sign-up RP)

Started by The Wandering Magus, 2013 Jan 19, 00:44:09

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

SuperNovaNightmare

[glow=red,2,300]"I'm not sure. What ever everyone else thinks is good."[/glow]

She was on top of her spider still, looking around.

ArtVeigar

"First of all, we need to get and examine the flower for Price. It seems it's just next to the fork, but what worries me is the scattered bones around. We don't know how strong it's gas is, and if it can get a pony unconsious." - Tian carefully walked ahead until she could see well the flower and area around, but still keeping a safe distance. - "Hey, T.C., I'm sorry for asking another favor, but can you get it for a physical analysis of it's properties and extraction of it's essense? You can be sure I'll pay this favors one day... We just can't risk any normal pony getting unconscious right now." - She smiled to the robotic pony.

Turning to the three-way fork, she started to think. - "It seems like we can't be sure of what's ahead. Everything we know is that there is danger and there is water. I guess if we can't find any sign to tell which one is better or worse, we will have to just pick one and go." - She said, looking aroun the entrances. If there is a camp ahead, the ones there had to go through one of these paths, and she was searching for a sign of which one was the last to be used.

The Wandering Magus

Tian can see that the leftmost upwards-arching path was most recently used, from the hoofmarks and relatively debris-free central trail leading up the steps.  This made sense, as the anesthetic seemed to be heavier than air, pooling slightly about the plant.
(sorry Bakasan, chose this image)
Descriptions and art of my OCs here: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=2636
my art: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=298
visiting soldier sister, be back 8/12/2013

Omega_Khaos

TC looks to Tian and says, "sure that is usually why Tech always has a unit like me around. I can get it. I can also get the anesthetic extract for you as well as not to hurt the plant itself."

TC goes over to the plant making sure it does not think of him as a threat or a possible meal. He then begins the extraction process to attempt to claim the anesthetic. Tech monitors T.C. Systems as he works to make sure the Stuff doesn't affect him. As he does this Tech says to the others. "Might take a little moment TC has only just isolated the Anesthetic extract and gotten a non life threatening sample for study. He should be done in about 10 minutes if we don't have any trouble before then."

ArtVeigar

"Thanks again for everything, T.C. and Tech." - She gave a smile to both of them. Then, turned back to the paths - "It seems the most recently used is the leftmost one. In this case, it would be wiser to go there. If it was someone who knew these paths, so it will be the safer one. Otherwise, it could lead us to somepony in trouble we could be able to help. Anyway, it's already better than following a random path." - She waited for the others opinion about the matter, and for T.C. to finish the analysis and extraction of the plant's essense.

The Stars

Price nods. "Sounds reasonable enough. We all agreeing on this?" He turns back to Range and Crimson.
"Well, no better lead than what we got. I say we follow the northwest passage." Range agreed with Tian's decision.
Heads up!

// Thanks a lot Tiger! :D

The Wandering Magus

TC was able to use his sample collection and analysis units to precipitate a sample of the vapor into a potent liquid form.  The slightly green-tinted chemical proves to be of a neutral pH, although there were trace amounts of various toxins within the anesthetic which would need to be filtered out before use; apparently the method of hunting and defense was to paralyze the target without it even realizing it, then attack the nervous system before inducing apoptosis all throughout the body for easier digestion by the plant.  Fortunately, the benign anesthetic seemed easy to isolate and filter and/or synthesize, and the other chemicals present would be useful for buffing weapons for an added poison effect when fighting other creatures down here.

A problem arose with the presence of the vapor in the air; as it was easily absorbed through the skin, lungs and mucous membranes, and tended to collect on metal or plastic before slowly vaporizing and filling the air, there was a chance that TC would be carrying a small cloud of the toxins on his return journey.  Some method of decontamination would be advisable.
Descriptions and art of my OCs here: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=2636

Omega_Khaos

Tech says, "Everyone stay away from T.C. for the time being. T.C. decontamination protocol. the scanner says you have it on you. it may not affect you but you carry it with you. Also I want a full analysis of the toxins for viable usage, If Equinoxian gas provides any resistance or immunity to it and how it can be safely applied to our weapons." Tech even backs away not knowing if his Equinoxian gassed blood can resist the toxins.

((Tech's body and blood has a very high concentration of highly refined equinoxian gas in it. you can say if somepony were to be afflicted by the gas he is a walking antidote for it or one can be made from his blood. he has the universal blood type, very rare for even Equinoxians.))

The Wandering Magus

The analysis will take several minutes due to the complexity of the proteins.  Meanwhile, the group has a few moments to discuss plans after distribution of the potential cure, as well as group formations for dealing with potential threats once they get past the cloud.

Omega_Khaos

((just bumping the thread to see if we still here to play or if dead.))

ArtVeigar

((I guess everyone is waiting for the other to post, and some probably just forgot it existed after so long... Let's do something and see if there is any reaction.))

Tian was pacing from one side to the other, thinking about how to proceed. - "So, what's the best formation? I can scout ahead, while Price stay in the end of the line to watch our backs. Behind me and in front of Price, the ones with better defense, and the mages in the middle. And in the center of it all, T.C. scanning threats from all sides. In this place, things can come from above, below and the sides, so we need to be ready for absolutely anything." - She stopped and looked at the others. - "Is that good?" - She asked.

Omega_Khaos

Tech nods, "For me my speed is my skill. If I can get fast enough I could start a slashing flyby on my enemies but as with all, my def is not that great and most of my abilities are mid range. Keeping on the move has helped me in the past. if i only had my dual guns then long range support fire I could definitely do. I also have the set ups for T.C. but his codes are a problem. Triton is the only one with he combat release codes. So if T.C. is to be made combat effective beyond his bow then well, I will need to contact Triton and get the combat release codes."

TC says "[glow=yellow,2,300]Analysis of toxins will take a few more minutes. Process currently 50% complete.[/glow]"

The Stars

(( Yeah, I was waiting for posts on this thread and Art's thread for a looooong time xD ))

"I can remody for long and short range for the time being." Crimson says, forming another glaive around spare blood lying around; greenish due to the color of the spider's blood.
"Hey... Crimson?" Range looks up to her brother. Crimson looks down with question. " While sitting here, not on the move... We need to talk a little bit, ok?" Range's eyes spoke of worry, unsure about something. Crimson takes notice of this right away, his once tense nature calming down a bit as he takes a deep breath.
"Alright... " He says, wondering what she has on her mind.

"It sounds sufficient." Price agrees. "And with that TC contraption, we have an upper hand... Not to mention our conjurer either."
Heads up!

SuperNovaNightmare

Magmaris nodded.

[glow=red,2,300]"Sounds good, but i'm more of a conjurer. I could bring up some weaker creatures, but I noticed its quite hard to bring them up, so don't expect much, but I need to know if we need ranged or close combatants. Oh, and don't forget..."[/glow]

She tapped the back of her spider.

[glow=red,2,300]"We have her, so a little bit more added defense."[/glow]

moonlight7starshine

((i dont know what to do atm))

that moment when the people you rp with come on when your about to sleep..

The Wandering Magus

Tech discovers that the toxins can be utilized for the following purposes:

Incurring a 50% movement, evade and accuracy penalty through Drowsiness (can be AoE if released all at once, once per encounter and AoE lasts for 3 turns) (single-target effect can be used indefinitely, but effects last 3 turns and has a 4-turn cooldown)
Inflict a one-shot KO on any non-boss (must be physical-type attack, and must puncture skin- no blunt trauma), twice per encounter with a five-turn cooldown.
Temporarily relieve the changeling emotion problem, will need to be reapplied every twenty turns (must be friendly/ally/self)
Aid in sleeping and relaxation (must be friendly/ally/self)
Aid as a pain reliever (must be friendly/ally/self)
Induce a temporary euphoria.  No particular good reason to do so, but it's there.

Omega_Khaos

Quote from: The Wandering Magus on 2013 Dec 02, 15:16:34
Tech discovers that the toxins can be utilized for the following purposes:

Incurring a 50% movement, evade and accuracy penalty through Drowsiness (can be AoE if released all at once, once per encounter and AoE lasts for 3 turns) (single-target effect can be used indefinitely, but effects last 3 turns and has a 4-turn cooldown)
Inflict a one-shot KO on any non-boss (must be physical-type attack, and must puncture skin- no blunt trauma), twice per encounter with a five-turn cooldown.
Temporarily relieve the changeling emotion problem, will need to be reapplied every twenty turns (must be friendly/ally/self)
Aid in sleeping and relaxation (must be friendly/ally/self)
Aid as a pain reliever (must be friendly/ally/self)
Induce a temporary euphoria.  No particular good reason to do so, but it's there.

Tech states T.C's findings on the toxins to everypony. He is still cautious about going near it because it didn't reveal if equinox gas exposure granted a resistance or immunity to it.

ArtVeigar

"Well, it seems it does serve to our main purpose, and even more! It's great, isn't it, Price?" - She turned to the Changeling with a cheerful smile. - "And now we can proceed with our journey to the next camp! Is everypony ready?"

The Stars

Price returns a smile back and nods. "Right. We've got the upper hoof on this one, no doubt! Still, let's head out, nice and slow."
Always wanna be safe... Price thought to himself, reminding himself this isn't a place of fun and games, no matter how prepared everypony is.

Meanwhile, Range and Crimson were talking about something, seeming to be important and private. Crimson could be seen looking back at his glaive every now and then, looking to be sorrowful, and a bit angry as well.
Heads up!

The Wandering Magus

Scans finally reveal that Equinox exposure gives a very slight resistance, allowing a pony to be immune to light doses of the substance in vapor form, although concentrated liquid and solid forms would still have the same effect.  Of course, standard drawbacks apply for using Equinox.

Go Up