Super Mario Thread [Share your Super Mario Maker levels here!]

Started by Jenzy, 2012 Dec 15, 13:28:32

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

GoldenTerrabyte

Quote from: KireiameJin on 2014 Feb 14, 11:28:50
Quote from: Yellowpikmin476 on 2014 Feb 14, 10:14:19
Recently beat Super Mario Sunshine! It was brilliant!

I see what you did there  :3

I'm still wondering why there's no secuel to that game, the mechanics were interesting, and it was overall a very cool diferent way to play super Mario.

What did I do there?
I'm back

KireiameJin

Quote from: Yellowpikmin476 on 2014 Feb 14, 12:32:26
Quote from: KireiameJin on 2014 Feb 14, 11:28:50
Quote from: Yellowpikmin476 on 2014 Feb 14, 10:14:19
Recently beat Super Mario Sunshine! It was brilliant!

I see what you did there  :3

I'm still wondering why there's no secuel to that game, the mechanics were interesting, and it was overall a very cool diferent way to play super Mario.

What did I do there?

You know, "Mario Sunshine", "Brilliant". Shiny and "Brilliant" are synonyms. It's a joke XD
My deviant, take a look, you lose nothing ^-^

http://kireiamejin.deviantart.com/

Jenzy

It definitely seems like one of those under-rated Mario games. It'd be intersting to see a Sunshine 2. Though, a fresh, brand new Mario experience would be even better!

I'm currently in the re-playthrough of Super Mario Galaxy on a new account. Finally got my own copy of that game for after so long! I originally beat it from a friend's copy. Such an impressive Mario game.

For future Mario games, it'd be neat if we could visit Peach's Castle again, or even the Comet Observatory. I imagined 3D World would have the Comet Observatory as an actual part of a level, but it was only a background element in the final. Still a nice reference though.

Itty Bit

relating to the newest Mario Kart Update
Spoiler: show
I don't think I've ever told you guys, but back when I was growing up, my very first "Internet community" I ever became a part of was this obscure Mario Website that put heavy emphasis on the koopalings. While it unfortunately isn't being updated anymore, it still has very high sentimental value to me, so it really means a ton to me that the Koopalings are finally going to be playable characters in the next Mario Kart. <3

Shadow Mare

i hope their just one character than multiple individual characters... send in the CLONES.

Jenzy

Shadow Mare

we need someone new like King K. Rool.

Jenzy

Villains other than Bowser. Possibly Wart. There are a lot of unused characters in the past that could still see the light of day. Old can feel very New to those unfamiliar with those characters who didn't appear as much. Or even nicely nostalgic.

Maybe a new story too. I mostly care about the brilliant gameplay for Mario, but there needs to be something interesting besides "Bowser kidnaps Peach/princesses," while keeping true to what makes Mario games feel like...well, Mario!

Shadow Mare

too bad Nintendo loves to rehash NSMB games so will never see that happen.

Jenzy

Rikaria

Quote from: Shadow Mare on 2014 Feb 14, 15:02:05
i hope their just one character than multiple individual characters... send in the CLONES.

I hope they'll add skin options for characters. Having everyone as the same character can be confusing x.x *looks at all the Toad, Koopa, and Shy Guy players*
If I'm not here, I'm most likely on Pokémon Shuffle's Miiverse community.

Jenzy

Yeah. For those guys, it's be neater for them to have color changing. Like Shy Guys in Mario Kart DS and 7 during Download Play.

GoldenTerrabyte

Quote from: Jenzy on 2014 Feb 14, 16:47:29

Haha, this made me laugh! I saw the "TOO BAD!" screen a ton of times in those FLUDD-less bonus levels and stuff.
I'm back

Jenzy

It's time for the ye-olde Analysis Machine!

I've always been a fan of Andre's analyzing trailers for connecting to past games, and even in-game connections themselves, and some things he noticed that we probably haven't.

Oh, and I also made a new drawing on Miiverse related to Mario Kart 8. Feel free to check it out whenever, and thanks to whoever's Following me or have Yeah'd my posts. ^-^

This game should bring great fun, great Local & Online Multiplayer, and it keeps the nice, intense play in the game. Because it's Mario Kart!

Hopefully there won't be any annoying "rubber-banding" in the game, and the items are well-balanced.

Rikaria

I just wanna know how Communities will be handled now. I'm hoping they'll allow us to use VR instead of monthly disappearing scores...

Jenzy

I actually enjoy racing in communities more. It'd be nice to see VR actually be used in communities this time.

Also, I want to see the Fake Item Box in this game again. I liked that item :I

It's a lot better than just banana peels all the time!

Rikaria

Quote from: Jenzy on 2014 Feb 16, 12:46:49
I want to see the Fake Item Box in this game again. I liked that item :I

It's a lot better than just banana peels all the time!

Though I do miss that item, I've somewhat mastered the art of banana sniping over Worldwide :P

Just... PLEASE don't bring back Thundercloud and POW Block...

Shadow Mare

They better bring back the fake item box because without it, its impossible to get rid of first place in mk7.

Jenzy

The Fake Item Box is just a wonderful classic item. And it's a freakin' FAKE Item Box that you use to trick others to thinking it's a real one. It's just fitting for many reasons.

And yeah. The Thundercloud was useless (besides a speedboost before getting shocked). POW Block was OK, but I'm fine without it.

Nintendo hasn't recently announced any new items yet, so I'm curious about what's gonna be coming up. 16 Items confirmed so far:

Rikaria

Wait, didn't Mega Mushroom make a return, or was I seeing things?

Go Up