Delish De Wonder

Started by Gracie Sky, 2012 Dec 11, 20:58:53

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Gracie Sky

Meet Chef Delish De Wonder, an extremely prominent and well respected culinary artist. He hails from Canterlot, where he runs his own restaurant called "House of Wonders". His food is wildly popular amoungst the nobility and tourists who frequent his restaurant. Most of his dishes have French accents to them, although they are better known for their unpredictability. He is quite the experimenter when gets in that creative mood.

Despite his success, he shares the same dream as every chef in Equestria, to discover new and exciting flavors to serve his guests. However, he has come to the conclusion that life in Canterlot only provides for him a limited perspective of the flavor possibilities he can explore. He chose to make his restaurant mobile and leave Canterlot in the pursuit of culinary inspiration and excellence. Perhaps you'll see him, being hauled around inside his restaurant on wheels by a large caravan of workers. Some ponies still question his decision to bring his entire restaurant with him, but he insists he cannot work without it.

Delish De Wonder himself is very proper, especially with customers. He goes to great lengths to ensure the customers are impressed with not only his food, but his presentation, atmosphere, and service. With his peers and employees, he is known to be frank, but strangely wise. He is quick to anger (especially when it comes to food saftey!), but he doesn't lose his temper. However, he's not afraid to hand out punishment with a calm demeanor. His skill with food preparation is top notch. He can slice em and dice em as precisely and swiftly as the best of them! He can eyeball 2 tablespoons of anything! He just knows when that pan has a temperature of 200 degrees fahrenheit! Everywhere he travels, his keen expertise and his enticing concepts of taste continue to amaze his guests.

Most recently, he has come to Ponyville, hearing rumors of a pony with a keen eye for details that rival his. Even if they aren't both chefs, he always respects those who share his passion for breaking boundaries in their trade. He has been told that Ponyville is best known for their friendship ties with each other, which inspired him to dedicate his next culinary invention to "The Taste of Friendship".
Character Critique Thread

Have your OC fairly and honestly evaluated!

Midnight Breeze

Finally a cooking pony. I'll have to pay a visit to his restaurant.

Jenzy

Ha ha... Yeah! :]

I'll need to finish up my new food pony, French Toast soon...

Morning Glory

I love him, except now I'm really hungry :P

Delish looks great and we need more cooking ponies. The only thing missing is a little history. The personality is strong and familiar without being cliche.

Ack! Now I'm craving something...rich and savory...sole meunière...mmm!

Enstramentall

I'm sure to be visiting at LEAST once every week if possible! (Echoing others, now I'm hungry! :P) So simply awesome! My complaments to the chef! x3
[move][/move] Hi! Hello! Hola! Benvenidos! Bonjour! Gutentag! :P I think you get the idea.

Gracie Sky

X3 Oh, well this is a pleasant surprise. Thank you very much!

Oh, and I suppose I should explain that most of the OCs I'm making from now on that aren't part of the mane 6 I made will be supporting characters, designed to appear once and leave afterwards, much like Gilda and Photo Finish. Due to such temporary importance, I only explain what is needed to know about that character. So, Delish deliberately doesn't have a history, but if he did, it probably has something to do with culinary schooling.

A little more on that thought, I created Delish because I wanted to write a story about him where he visits Ponyville in order to create a dish inspired by Friendship. He extends an invitation to Rarity, the pony with the keen eye for detail previously mentioned, to help teach him Ponyville style friendship. Unfortunately, Rarity is a little intimidated by ponies with high amounts of clout and wanted to make the best impression on him that she could. In preparation, she decides to ask her friends, the rest of the mane 6, for advice on how to approach this rare opportunity. However, their responses were rather awkward or unprofessional, making Rarity doubt she could actually inspire Delish into creating dish with her knowledge of friendship.
Character Critique Thread

Have your OC fairly and honestly evaluated!

Go Up