I made a little 2d pony chatroom! Join me! :)

Started by ajf, 2012 Oct 12, 15:45:41

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

ajf

Apologies for doublepost, but:

PONYPLACE'S 1 MONTH BIRTHDAY PARTY! NOW!

http://ponyplace.ajf.me/#party_barn

HerpyDooves

Quote from: ajf on 2012 Nov 12, 08:05:23

Has it really been only a month?!

ajf

Quote from: HerpyDooves on 2012 Nov 12, 08:22:55
Quote from: ajf on 2012 Nov 12, 08:05:23

Has it really been only a month?!
Yeah... feels so much longer! ;)

Cadence! Derpy in Nightmare Night costume! Diamond Tiara!

No Shining Armor just yet, though :(

Queen Chrysalis! Changeling!

Meteor

I noticed lots of people have been having trouble creating accounts with the new login system, so I decided to make an image tutorial that you can link people if a verbal explanation doesn't work. Hopefully it is easy enough to follow. Here is the link.

http://img707.imageshack.us/img707/1010/ppimagetutorial.png

If anyone is curious, I am CommanderHurricane in PonyPlace (previously CDR Hurricane)

The Silent Wolf

Quote from: Meteor on 2012 Nov 12, 15:41:24
I noticed lots of people have been having trouble creating accounts with the new login system, so I decided to make an image tutorial that you can link people if a verbal explanation doesn't work. Hopefully it is easy enough to follow. Here is the link.

If anyone is curious, I am CommanderHurricane in PonyPlace (previously CDR Hurricane)
I did that and it doesn't work for me.  :c
If The Silent Wolf is to long, just call me Kake

Skype if you happen to want to talk to me: Pokemonvskirby
I'm a little seal nerd, short and stout, here is my flipper, here is my snout~

Billow Pillow

Yes, we are currently having a wonderful time in the party_Barn!  lol

Spoiler: show
Senpai Notice me

LOE Craft: Here
My OC: Here
Dragon Cave Click Meow.

ChocolateRain

Quote from: Lyra Heartstrings on 2012 Nov 12, 15:54:20
Yes, we are currently having a wonderful time in the party_Barn!  lol

Spoiler: show

Most amazing party ever... :D ovO

All work and no candy makes Choco a dull colt!
deviantArt

HerpyDooves

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: The Silent Wolf on 2012 Nov 12, 15:42:48

That guide is only half done. You're supposed to log on anonymously again as the name you want to use after you have signed up for Persona, then click Account Settings again, then log in your Persona account. It will assign the name you're using to your Persona account.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

ajf

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2012 Nov 12, 23:36:01

That guide is only half done. You're supposed to log on anonymously again as the name you want to use after you have signed up for Persona, then click Account Settings again, then log in your Persona account. It will assign the name you're using to your Persona account.
No you aren't. Unless you close the tab or pop-up the first time, you should only need to log in anonymously once.

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: ajf on 2012 Nov 13, 08:21:27

No you aren't. Unless you close the tab or pop-up the first time, you should only need to log in anonymously once.

I can't remember if I closed the pop-up or not, but I had to log on anonymously again, click Account Settings, and then log on for it to associate my email with it.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

ajf

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2012 Nov 13, 08:49:53
Quote from: ajf on 2012 Nov 13, 08:21:27

I can't remember if I closed the pop-up or not, but I had to log on anonymously again, click Account Settings, and then log on for it to associate my email with it.

Hmm. OK. I guess that happens if you create a persona account but don't finish logging in to pp, so you need to log in via persona again to make an account. (The Create Account button actually does a persona log in, and then creates a pp account)

Private messaging! Table chat layout!

Yup, PMs! :D

Use the console command /msg, e.g. /msg ajf Hello!

Received PMs show up dark purple. :)

We also have a new chat layout! :D

ChocolateRain

2012 Nov 13, 17:09:56 #133 Last Edit: 2012 Nov 13, 17:36:03 by ChocolateRain
I really like the PM functionality... :D Though the new chat keeps moving left and right at random. What is great though is the highlighting. :)

deviantArt

ajf

Quote from: ChocolateRain on 2012 Nov 13, 17:09:56
I really like the PM functionality... :D Though the new chat keeps moving left and right at random. What is great though is the highlighting. :)
The moving about is annoying, but doesn't look like I can do much about it. Good you like the highlighting, though :)

ChocolateRain

I think you could fix that. Am too tired atm to think that through though. But as there is a limited length of usernames I bet one can do some good guesses for the width of the left part.

deviantArt

ajf

I can only set a fixed width though, not a maximum width :I

ChocolateRain

Currently there are 3 columns. The left with the timestamp is no problem. For the middle on I guess there is a upper bound on the width one could calculate or at least give a good guess for (see below). The one on the right has variable width depending on the messages. So I'd suggest having the first two columns with a fixed width and the third taking up the remaining space.

For the width of the middle column:

The longest string there would probably have a length of: username (18) + <> (2) + (mod) (5) + some spare chars as a buffer (5) = 30
I gave it a try and ended up with 245px width. As there are probably wider fonts I'd suggest 260px - 300px or something as a fixed width.

deviantArt

ajf

That's all well and good, but I still have to plan for a reasonable experience at an 800px width, thanks to a huge amount of Equestria Gaming Arcade traffic.

ChocolateRain

You mean a screen resolution of 800x600 or an IFrame where the site is placed in? If for the screen resolution you could reduce the font size for those as at that resolution smaller ones are still readable. This could be accomplished via e.g. media queries...

deviantArt

Go Up