Fighting is Magic Discussion

Started by TimeRight, 2012 Oct 07, 18:13:34

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

TimeRight

I know we are not aloud to mention the leak and it sucked that the game was leaked, but we can talk about the actual game itself  :D

rules of this Discussion:
1. no talking about the leak
2. everyone ideas can be legit and are to be loved and tolerated
3. To me zecora is a pony
4. have fun talking about this exciting new game!

I want to know everypony's though and hopes.

some character i would like to see: Zecora, Derpy, Gilda, seasion one Luna, Lyra (with magic hands), vinyl scratch, prince blueblood (like Dan hibiki from streetfighter), Big Mac, one of the wonder bolts.

I'm not that good at fighting games but this game has me more excited then Legends of Equestria and when I heard about this game I literary started drooling.
[move=6][/move]
Thank you KoalaLover99!
thank you Firefly for the avi

Billow Pillow

2012 Oct 07, 18:45:15 #1 Last Edit: 2012 Oct 07, 18:47:13 by Lyra Heartstrings
Admitting i am also extremely excited for this games full release! At the moment i am not to concerned about what additional add-on characters they may release in the future, though this is not to be said that i am not concerned about the matter at all! Mostly ecstatic and excited about the official release of the game, when i will actually be able to play the game in full!  :D

After the game is fully release though some characters i would enjoy seeing however would have to be in order
Character's: "Derpy, Lyra, Doctor, Octavia, Vinyl, Big Mac, Cheerlie with the cutiemark crusaders, Zecora, Colgate, Shining armor and than spitfire.   :3

Also as i am still rather surprised about this! I feel i must be rather honested, I've looked through all the previous topic's in search of any other previous "Fighting is Magic topics" and to my surprise their was actually only one other topic to be found! Still a bit shock no one else has created a base fighting is magic topic topic in-till now.  o.O
Senpai Notice me

LOE Craft: Here
My OC: Here
Dragon Cave Click Meow.

Book Smarts

I can't wait to hear Fluttershy's stage theme and see how she fights :3

TimeRight

OMG LYRA ANSWERED ME! Hi!  :D
yeah i think fluttershy will be a fighter that relies on the likes of summoning others to do the major damage.  i mean angel will be doing all of her heavy attack for her.

sorry to break your hearts but that hunk of stallion shining armor wont be in the game. they have confirmed 17 characters. one non pony all from season 1 and only season 1. sorry i really wanted discord as an unplayable and extremely hard boss but that wont happen >.<

Anpony here a mlg fighter?
[move=6][/move]
Thank you KoalaLover99!

Rissian

2012 Oct 08, 01:10:51 #4 Last Edit: 2012 Oct 08, 01:12:36 by Trege
I actually can't wait for this game to come out, I'm definitely going to practice Applejack's movesets when it's released  :D

(I watched some of the Fighting is Magic tournament on the Mane6 Canterlot Gardens stream.)

TimeRight

Quote from: Trege on 2012 Oct 08, 01:10:51
I actually can't wait for this game to come out, I'm definitely going to practice Applejack's movesets when it's released  :D

(I watched some of the Fighting is Magic tournament on the Mane6 Canterlot Gardens stream.)

watch it all! on twitch.tv/8wayrun its amazing tourny! applejack is still getting nerfed as I post this. shes that good! and anypony here get the reference to when she yells "BIONIC FARM!"? and why her second special is called busta hoof?

also for thsoe of you that has seen RD fight what do you think her supers will be? i want speculation. ideas. I want the creativtiy and fan fuled excitment to flow!
[move=6][/move]
Thank you KoalaLover99!

Rissian

But if I watch it, it makes me want to play the game.  DD:

It's going to be worth the wait at least.

TimeRight

Quote from: Trege on 2012 Oct 08, 01:21:41
But if I watch it, it makes me want to play the game.  DD:

It's going to be worth the wait at least.

stop whining(see what I did there). you have to be a good pony and wait like everypony else!

still do you play many  fighting games yourself? and ill talk aging what dose everypony think rainbow dashes supers will be?
[move=6][/move]
Thank you KoalaLover99!

Rissian

I've played a few, me and my cousin used to play Marvel VS Capcom 3 and Mugen. I used to play the Tekken series. If DBZ counts me and my cousin also used to battle on that. Mainly the 360 games.

Let's see I also played Samurai Showdown. and probably a few others I can't remember.

I'm really not that great at them though I'm probably about Average in skill level on fighting games. Although me and my cousin had some pretty epic matches on DBZ itself but that's not as hard as normal fighting games. I don't really take them that seriously either so I'm more of a relaxed player on fighting games usually playing just for fun.

I'm not sure what Rainbow's skills will be I just hope Applejack gets more specials that use the 3 level power bar. I also hope they aren't nerfing her too much Rainbow dash is kind of powerful by herself from what I've seen in the tournament.

TimeRight

RD was not completely finished if the wining animation did not tip you off. and applejack has pretty dam good combos with her special. I expect some sort of super buck or something really close range for lvl 3.

if vinyl scratch is in it her lvl 3 has to be the bass cannon... well i hope. Now thats a super!
[move=6][/move]
Thank you KoalaLover99!

Rissian

I'm really curious what the other characters will be, their first release will probably only have the main characters. But I can't wait to see the full roster.

And yeah I could tell RD was unfinished I just hope they manage to balance the characters correctly. I think they said they are trying to make sure it will all be balanced.

TimeRight

well they are trying to get almost all the mechanics done with the mane six so all they have to do is balanceing after character releases and the story mode!

Trege who would you like to see in the game?
[move=6][/move]
Thank you KoalaLover99!

Rissian

That's a hard one so many characters to choose from. Derpy would probably be pretty funny to have in Fighting is Magic.

Colgate would be pretty cool as well. I think they already have their roster decided though and just haven't revealed it yet.

Big Macintosh that would probably be a interesting character to have in the game, he would probably be a character with slow speed I assume. The CMC would also be cool to have in the roster as well.

Darkangel

Maybe you can change which CMC you want to be with a certain command, like Pokemon Trainer in Super Smash Bros Brawl.
Don't know what to put here.
So I just am typing these words, not knowing what to type here.
Maybe later I'll figure out.

Rissian

That would actually be pretty cool, but I think the engine they are using may be too limited for that I'd be happy just to select them separately in the character select screen if they included them in the roster.

TimeRight

I personal don't agree with the CMC being in it cause they are young foals. I can't really feel good beating up those three but if they do have them they would probably be either chose 1 each or some sot of switch mechanic by using their magic. also if they put cheerilee in I CANT and WONT fight her. I just wouldn't be able to do it. I hope blue blood is in it he needs a good strong beating.
[move=6][/move]
Thank you KoalaLover99!

lurk852

I'm looking forward to it, although I'll probably suck at it - combo-based fighting games are hard (but fun).

Quote from: TimeRight on 2012 Oct 07, 18:13:34
1. no talking about the leak
2. everyone ideas can be legit and are to be loved and tolerated
3. To me zecora is a pony
4. have fun talking about this exciting new game!

Maybe no one will get this, but am I the only person who thought "1. post message in the room. 2. LOOK IT OVER (etc)"?
"The passions are, and ought only to be the slave of reason." - David Hume

TimeRight

rules dont set in until they are lain down.

my fighting games have been super smash bros, soul caliber(II and up), mortal kombat, a bit of MvC, little to no street fighter and some blazblue. never takes too much skill to play at my levels. Im not mlg nor will I be.

when do you ponies think the release date will be?
[move=6][/move]
Thank you KoalaLover99!

Book Smarts

I can't wait to play as Twilight, the combos she could pull off in those preview videos

elmdor

Quote from: future elmdorI don't always play fighting games, but when I do, it's Fighting is Magic.

Yes, I don't like fighting games, but I will play this one for sure.

Go Up