Borderlands 2

Started by The Mysterious Artist, 2012 Sep 21, 02:24:45

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

The Mysterious Artist

Someone here got Borderlands 2? :D Released here in Europe today, and i'm looking forward to it ^3^ Anyone here that got it?  :3

Book Smarts

I'm waiting until I can build my gaming pc to play the game, it's going to have to wait until christmas and the sales start to pop up  :c

McSleuthburger

have it, been playing it since tues
though im not that far in it yet
Ye-olde ex mod
You've just been McSleuthburgered!

Deviant

Still havent beaten Borderlands 1 yet  >.<

Anyhoo currently saving up to buy a new PC, i'll surely buy it in the future...
i've been hearing great things about it ^^

The Mysterious Artist

Great_and_Powerful_Trixie

I'm enjoying borderlands as well, just as fun as the first.

Zygrograxgra

I don't have it yet, but when I do get it it'll be for my 360.
Spoiler: Reasons • show

1: Don't have a PC that can run it
2: Prefer console gaming all around
3: I get fidgety and that throws off my aim on computers.
4: Playing games on a keyboard and mouse just doesn't feel right, and is sometimes a little painful.
Before you say "Just use your 360 controller with your computer" I have a thing against doing that. Not sure why, I just do. It's like my general hatred of modding.

Titanium Mushrooms
Are you happy yet?!

Julius

Butt Stallion for best pony. You'll know what I mean soon! B)

Been playing with Zer0. Level 22 at the moment. Such awesomeness, such epicosity everywhere!

There's a couple of references to ponies too. So far I've seen Butt Stallion, an image of the credits where one of the devs thanks his/her beautiful Fluttershy, and a certain quest/ECHO recording that reminded me of Twi saying this is going to be "The Best Night EVER!" (I even started singing At The Gala while killing stuff lol ).

Best game ever!  ovO
Purr~

Lord of Madness

I have been thinking of getting it :33

Julius

Quote from: Lord of Madness on 2012 Sep 27, 01:08:24
I have been thinking of getting it :33

GET IT! There's so much madness all around... I mean... Johnny Waffles, Ponies, CL4P-Step (That's Claptrap Dubstep for those who don't get it), Arms Dealing (Get it?), HEYOO!, Pizza, Dirty Magazines, Parties, Moxxi (Tiger Growl)!

This game's got it all and so much more! :D

In all seriousness though, it's a pretty solid game. Wouldn't surprise me if it made Game Of The Year. Kick Flank Music, Hilarious lines and situations, awesome story, action everywhere, puns, references... If you loved the first one... Well you're in for a ride. The gameplay is smooth, the controls are right, no glitches for me so far. And this is coming from someone who may be around half-way through. Level 24 Zer0 at the moment, and I'm loving that Assassin.

And Hooolyyy craap! Zer0 just broke the 4th wall on me while writing this! lol

"What's the holdup? Is someone in the bathroom? Are you on the phone?"

Man I love this game. :]
Purr~

Shining Armor

I have pretty much completed Borderlands 2 on Xbox. 46/50 achievements, level 50, all non-level specific challenges done, a full set of orange gear (minus the relic), and finished both playthroughs. And I'm proud of that.
I don't really shine, too dirty.

Julius

I just finished it for the first time, will go Achievement Hunting on this masterpiece. :]

... Did you get the mask?
Purr~

Billow Pillow

Yessum! I got borderlands around a few days after it came out, however still had a great time playing it! Still haven't finished it though, been procrastinating abit to much lately on it. 
Senpai Notice me

LOE Craft: Here
My OC: Here
Dragon Cave Click Meow.

AbsoluteZero

I have yet to actually own a copy of Borderlands 2... but I've been playing it with my brother and one of my friends.  >:/
I must say... I really like playing as Maya and Zer0. Zer0 is just plain awesome in everything that he does...
Even when he speaks. xD

I abuse Maya's Phaselock ability a lot. I'm essentially the medic of the group when I play with friends.
The amount of times I have heard "Come shoot me! I need health!" is almost ludicrous.   o.O

Currently, I'm wearing the Pink Pandoracorn outfit for Maya... which, by the way, looks EXTREMELY similar to Twilight Sparkle's color scheme... I don't think it's a coincidence either.  ;)
"I am the white void. I am the cold steel. I am the just sword. With blade in hand, I shall reap the sins of this world and cleanse it in the fires of destruction! I am Hakumen! The end has come!!"
                                           ~ Hakumen, BlazBlue

Shining Armor

The last thing I need to do is find Jimmy Jenkins, only problem is that he is random...
I don't really shine, too dirty.

The Wandering Magus

Just to facilitate moving their discussion to here, I'll quote Julius and Blues
Quote from: Blues-Music on 2012 Nov 28, 05:04:23
No thread about this yet? Forum members I am disappoint.
Anyway I played borderlands 2 , and I love it! It has every single thing I want to see in a game! Amazing co-op , tons of humor , FPS without little crybabies , and people insulting you , RPG aspects , memorable characters , and quests , amazing item powers , and abilities , balances classes! There's everything in this game! Anyway discuss here.
Quote from: Julius on 2012 Nov 28, 11:26:22
Quote from: Book Smarts on 2012 Nov 28, 07:08:03
It's defiantly harder than the first game

I've died multiple times because of the explosive barrels that drain my shield way too fast, especially in the heat of combat. They also seemed to have nerfed sniper rifles, they do pathetic damage in this game.  >:/

Depends on the Sniper. :]

I have every Non-DLC achievement for it. And I'll be getting the DLC with the Season Pass in December (MS Points are too expensive here, so I get them for Christmas). I love this game.

Also... Butt Stallion! :nod:
(sorry Bakasan, chose this image)
Descriptions and art of my OCs here: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=2636
my art: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=298
visiting soldier sister, be back 8/12/2013

Teal Turken

Honestly, as much as I enjoy this game, theirs a lot of bad things I see in it.
First off, it feels nearly impossible to solo the game as anyone who's not the commando or the mechromancer (DLC character).
Second, eridium becomes useless after you get all the SDU upgrades unless you count the 4 eridium you need for the special boss.
Third, they added more types of guns (which IS good) but what we really needed was a way to build our own guns. Theirs already "A bazillion guns", another "bazillion" doesn't change much.
Fourth, for coop, I still find anyone but the commando and the mechromancer useless. Commando's turrets are so strong you don't even need to put points into them to make them good. I wouldn't know about the mechromancer because I don't actually have her but I've played games with people as her.
The siren did improve but the power of invisibility was given to Zero, the new assassin.

I like the game but a lot of things bug me about it, and it's boring the second you hit level 50 and beat NG+ :\

Blues-Music

Quote from: Teal Turken on 2012 Nov 29, 13:52:55
Honestly, as much as I enjoy this game, theirs a lot of bad things I see in it.
First off, it feels nearly impossible to solo the game as anyone who's not the commando or the mechromancer (DLC character).
Second, eridium becomes useless after you get all the SDU upgrades unless you count the 4 eridium you need for the special boss.
Third, they added more types of guns (which IS good) but what we really needed was a way to build our own guns. Theirs already "A bazillion guns", another "bazillion" doesn't change much.
Fourth, for coop, I still find anyone but the commando and the mechromancer useless. Commando's turrets are so strong you don't even need to put points into them to make them good. I wouldn't know about the mechromancer because I don't actually have her but I've played games with people as her.
The siren did improve but the power of invisibility was given to Zero, the new assassin.

I like the game but a lot of things bug me about it, and it's boring the second you hit level 50 and beat NG+ :\
I have no idea what you are talking about. I beat the game solo with gunzerker , and siren , and i'm in where angels fear to tread as Zero , and I beat the game in Co-op as gunzerker as well. Also in a way you can build a gun by finding a gun with your prefered type like fire shotgun , or corrosive sniper rifle , and then using *DO NOT READ IF YOU DO NOT SWEAR.*Bad@ss*YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.* , and increase its stats in whichever way you want. You could buy SDUs for it to make it feel as if you were the creator of the gun.
Also no I found eridium to be very helpful considering I could upgrade my inventory , and bank with it so even if I bought all SDUs *Which makes eridium helpful anyway* I still look for all the eridium I want.
Also no I could never play as commando. His turret blew up every second until I invested in points. Actually I saw a lot of people saying they can't play as anyone except for Zero , but for me I find it tough to play as anyone , but gunzerker which is why I made 2 characters of him.
Also when your lvl 50 you can play true vault hunter mode , and start making new charcters to play CO-Op , or alone in which ever mode you want giving you a different experience every time you play.

Teal Turken

BA rank points and SDUs are NOT building a gun. :l
Storage Deck Upgrades (SDUs) are for increasing how much you can carry, inventory space OR ammunition, that does NOT affect the gun.
BA rank points are MINOR (still helpful) upgrades to specific stats, partially affecting the guns but NOT building a gun.
My first reason was very opinionated. I think it's near impossible to play as anyone but commando/mechromancer but I didn't say you can't play as anyone else.

MY issue is I can't get the gun that I want. I would love to have a good Dahl brand assualt rifle, double tap, with fire damage and a scope. Can't find it. If I could BUILD a gun I could just get the scope I want with all those.
EDIT
Also, even if you do all the quests in the first playthrough your not going to be level 50 when you unlock true vault hunter mode (NG+).

Julius

As you said, Teal, that's the way you look at it. :)

I don't think it's that hard. It sure is harder than the first one, but I've gotten way better at it. I played an Assassin and I have... Several Oranges by this point. Around 18 give or take.

You know, being Lilith in the first one and Zer0 in the second one has it's benefits, as it's sort of the same playstyle with the action skill.

I don't die a lot, in fact, I rarely do it (Not counting Second Winds), and the game sure is super fun. Some of the Orange weapons have CRAZY side effects too! lol

Only reason I don't play anymore is because I don't have the DLC, as you can see from my other post (Thanks Magus!).
Purr~

Go Up