Luminescence

Started by Lunar Eclipse, 2012 Sep 15, 00:05:51

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Lunar Eclipse

2012 Sep 15, 00:05:51 Last Edit: 2012 Oct 18, 22:44:55 by Lunar Eclipse
Alright, let's have another go at this shall we? Technical information will be at the bottom for any who cry foul

Name                     Luminescence (nicknamed Lumi for short)

Gender                  Stallion

Species                 Earth Pony

Age                      23

Mane                    A Deep Rose. Not a vibrant red though. Short, except for the back this reaches to the bottom of his neck, ragged, and center parted. There almost always is bits and pieces of wax stuck in his mane though.

Tail                      Same color as mane, frayed and also with its smattering of wax

Coat                    Light Sage Green

Eye Color            Slate Grey

Physique             On the slight side, but capable of carrying his weight

Hometown          Manehatten

Current Home     Usually the train or an Inn

Profession          Candle Maker

Cutie Mark          A lit candle on a bronze holster with a small rose petal in the holster dish

Cutie Mark Story Luminescence gave a special candle, one made almost entierly out of cherry blossoms on a small pedestal for his parents anniversary.

Family                Rose Blossom, a scents and bath shop owner Bronze Spark, an professor in botany

Talent                 Making Candle Wax

Personality         Free Spirited, Very open, Enjoys a good time, Slow to react or realize things

Likes                  Light and Dark (literal not cosmic) Tea, Lotus Flowers, Silk, Candles

Dislikes              Pure Black and White, when things go awry, Angry or Unwilling pony's

Strengths           Willing and Happy

Weaknesses      Slow and Color

Accessories and Clothing
                                     A single Silver Earring in the left ear, a small Olive colored bandanna he hangs around his neck, A large Black Cauldron he lugs around on his little wooden cart, several lengths of twine and string, a mortar and pistil, 2 baskets(one full of candles, one full of materials)

One last thing before the bio, He is monochromatic colorblind.

Bio

Luminescence had a pretty easy past. Living in the upstairs residence of the shop, Lumi learned many things about fragrances and soaps and oils and how they make pony's feel, or could make them feel better. He vigorously studied and learned all Rose Blossom could teach him of her craft. He found it amazing how fragrances could change peoples mood. He devoted himself to learning these things, and he loved it.

Most other ponies found many other things to enjoy, but Lumi enjoyed light. Being so severely colorblind, he found many things others found enjoyable rather dull. Thanks to being in such a different family from the cut and dry Manehatten family, he wasn't discouraged from these endeavors. Unfortunately, everywhere he looked, all light was provided by magic. From little streetlamps to the sun, all lighty stuff was magic based. "Now, how does a earth pony like me deal with light stuffs? It's like a unicorn trying to move the clouds, sure there's probably a way, but it it's hard. " This and similar thoughts often occupied his conciseness.

Then one day when helping Rose out in the spa, it dawned on him. Whenever a high end employee came for a soothing or gentle spa treatment, Rose laid out candles. Candles! "They're just burning plant stuff, right? Dad ought to know all about that!" With that in mind, Lumi set out to find Bronze Spark, despite Rose Blossom's calls. Galloping into the mini home office, Lumi had barely touched the floor when he had started explaining his idea. Slowly, comprehension dawned to Bronze Spark as for what Lumi wanted to do. Reaching down for a couple books, he gave them to Lumi and told him which types of plants would be most helpful and told him to go at it.

Month's faded away as Lumi lost himself into the art of candles. From starting from understanding the plants needed and on to different wick types, he learned all he could. Eventually, he moved on from the hypothetical to the practical. Small misshapen cylinders littered the counters and table side lamp stands, he only grew in determination. As his determination developed so did the candles. Slowly, they became liken unto his typical candle, a tall vanilla colored candle with a rose carved on the side.

As the months passed, Luminescence grew to want to show others his candles. That, and the house was filled with far too many candles. Settling his debts with some of the locals, he set out on his business venture. Wishing him luck, his parents loaned him enough bits for a couple train tickets and he set out. With the world on the tip of his hooves, he went forth to find his place, and his new life.

Alright now for technical information
Spoiler: show
Yes, wax is generally made of animal fat. This wax however is going to be made from mainly a soybean and tree sap mixture, with the waxy coating found on some leaves (generally pine needles) as a  solidifying agent and sap. The wick will be a wick. Chemically speaking, it's possible. Resource wise, it's not so effective, but such is the lot of the pony.

Tell me what you think. Hope it's better and more believable.
I can't decide which hurts more - the things that have changed... or the things that haven't.

Little Star

Hey Lunar!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Do you remember Mist? Wellllll itzzzzz meeeeee!
My alt account :PPPPPPPPPP. I'm sorry Winded and I havent been on. We have been real busy lately.

Lunar Eclipse

Umm... No I don't know Mist. Who is Winded? I think you have me confused with someone else. Sorry   :c
I can't decide which hurts more - the things that have changed... or the things that haven't.

Go Up