True Light Pegasus OC. (WIP)

Started by Rissian, 2012 Aug 23, 23:14:22

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Rissian

2012 Aug 23, 23:14:22 Last Edit: 2012 Aug 28, 00:54:12 by Trege
(I think my other topic's first post is getting too full for another OC.)

(Image made with deviant art pony creator.)

Name : True Light (Thanks Gracie Sky.)

Species : Pegasus

Fur color : Green tinted gray

Mane color : Aqua and blue

Eye Color : Silver

Height : Average Mare height

Weight : Normal

Cutie Mark : Blank Flank

Special Talent : Undiscovered

Biography : Born with bad eyes she can only see 5% of a normal Ponies vision and she cannot see any color at all. This condition has made it much harder for her to discover a talent because she doesn't have as many opportunities as other Ponies and even harder to find an occupation in life, despite this she has learned to navigate the world through her other senses such as sound smell and physical contact. Because of her eye condition her other senses are much stronger allowing her to avoid trees while flying through the air because of the smell they give off and other creatures from the noises they make.

Eye Sight :

Personality : WIP

(I still have a lot of work to do on with this OC, but I think I'm slowly figuring out some things for her, more will be added over time to her bio and personality.)

Cutiebone

Moved to Fluffy Ribbon. FR is universal. Rather than CB, which refers to an OC that isn't used anymore, it's better to use a name I'd actually like to be identified with... >.<

Rissian

Thanks I still can't figure out a name for her though, hopefully I'll figure one out.  ^-^

Dragnmastralex

maybe a name like

Long Shot
Double-take

or an ironic name like

Bullseye
Crystal Clear
[/center]

Rad Thunder

Wow. Similar to Rad Thunder in a way. Both with bad eyes, but he wasn't born with his, and he's found a way to fix it. :P

Firefly

Interesting OC! She seems to be a pony associated with nature :DD

I would like to meet her parents, if you're considering suggestions for her biography  lol

omg I seriously feel like drawing this OC now, her design is awesome  ;)
[move=6][/move]Thanks Skardan (signature) and Fudgemuffin (avatar) :D
If I owe you any work you can always visit my gallery: http://icepool27.deviantart.com/gallery/

Rissian

Quote from: Rad Thunder on 2012 Aug 24, 09:52:59
Wow. Similar to Rad Thunder in a way. Both with bad eyes, but he wasn't born with his, and he's found a way to fix it. :P

Yeah I thought the concept could make for an interesting Pegasus OC, I also got some help from the LoE IRC channel though for defining her eye sight, since my original idea needed some work.

Quote from: Firefly on 2012 Aug 24, 10:57:44
Interesting OC! She seems to be a pony associated with nature :DD

I would like to meet her parents, if you're considering suggestions for her biography  lol

omg I seriously feel like drawing this OC now, her design is awesome  ;)

I haven't figured out Spring's relatives yet so it will be a while before I work on this OC's relatives.  ^-^

Cutiebone

Quote from: Trege on 2012 Aug 24, 17:08:43
Quote from: Rad Thunder on 2012 Aug 24, 09:52:59

Yeah I thought the concept could make for an interesting Pegasus OC, I also got some help from the LoE IRC channel though for defining her eye sight, since my original idea needed some work.

I helped!
Moved to Fluffy Ribbon. FR is universal. Rather than CB, which refers to an OC that isn't used anymore, it's better to use a name I'd actually like to be identified with... >.<

Rissian

Yep, though I didn't mean to cause a debate on the IRC. o_o

(Even though the debate was fun and funny.)

Firefly

Quote from: Trege on 2012 Aug 25, 05:39:08
Yep, though I didn't mean to cause a debate on the IRC. o_o

(Even though the debate was fun and funny.)

aww, wish I was there  :c
[move=6][/move]Thanks Skardan (signature) and Fudgemuffin (avatar) :D
If I owe you any work you can always visit my gallery: http://icepool27.deviantart.com/gallery/

Gracie Sky

I must admit I haven't seen many disabled, fully or partially, ponies at all. The concept is very original. I'd love to know more about this pony, or to see a pony like this interact with other ponies. It's very inspiring the more she manages to accomplish despite this pretty much crippling disadvantage.
Character Critique Thread

Have your OC fairly and honestly evaluated!

Rissian

Seeing people like it kind of gives me more willpower to work on her story, I have a few things planned but nothing set in stone yet, not even sure her name fits MLP enough to keep yet a name generator gave me Sapphire Eyes and I just changed it to Diamond Eyes because of her eye color.

(I've never had this much trouble naming an OC before.)

Gracie Sky

I don't know how I missed this the first time, but pleeeeeease put some periods in her biography.  >A<

As for her name, the first one to just pop in my head was "True Light". I recommend straying away from names that has something to do with her eyes or the fact that she's blind; it would be far too coincidental.

True Light itself might be a bit of a telling name, but I chose to suggest it due to the strength of its symbolism. I don't want to invent your character for you, but I would like you to consider this, since I'm not sure you've planned out her special talent yet. The one things blind ponies do better than anypony is navigate with the absence of light, which other ponies rely on in order to do most anything. This pony would be able to act as a light that guides other ponies when all other lights have been extinguished. A name like True Light perfectly embodies this aspect, and I thought it happened to sound catchy to.

Still, you can play around with the name if you think there are some better options out there.

Rissian

2012 Aug 26, 16:05:52 #13 Last Edit: 2012 Aug 26, 22:51:26 by Trege
I was actually going to have her talent relate to her senses but she won't find out until later, kind of like how the CMC's have talents but they don't recognize it themselves yet and having her discover her talent during the story itself seems like it would be a good idea.

I like the name True Light and it's meaning, if you don't mind me using it I can credit you for it in the story I've been writing. Since all 3 of my OC's will be in the story the meaning of the name actually gave me a few Everfree Forest scene ideas.

(I edited her biography so it should be less annoying to read now.)

Gracie Sky

By all means, feel free to use the name, that's why I suggested it. If you wish to credit me with the name, I don't mind that either. Maybe it will help other aspiring OCers find me so I can give more useful advice.

Go Up