Legends of Equestria - Pre-Alpha Update [August 2012]

Started by SweBow, 2012 Aug 16, 13:33:23

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

The Wandering Magus

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2012 Sep 29, 01:54:33
Quote from: max_silverfox on 2012 Sep 29, 01:51:32
what about let you upload a .jpg image from your pc as cutiemark?

like the pony generator allows and steam/valve sprays allow.

They've told us that they will never ever allow us to upload our own cutie mark. Someone will upload something bad, and a cutie mark moderation set up would be too troublesome.
especially with what's happening on the Luna server every other hour.
(sorry Bakasan, chose this image)
Descriptions and art of my OCs here: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=2636
my art: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=298
visiting soldier sister, be back 8/12/2013

softfang

Quote from: The Wandering Magus on 2012 Sep 28, 22:01:23
Quote from: softfang on 2012 Sep 28, 21:58:06
Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2012 Sep 28, 21:55:41
Quote from: softfang on 2012 Sep 28, 21:45:15
I don't mean to be a bother, but will there be more mane/tail styles, scars, and other options in the character-creation fields? I want to try recreating my amputee character (missing eye, leg, and wings). Also, what about the option to have two differently-colored eyes? I'm hoping this will be available in the actual official release of the game whenever that happens. I love variety and having lots of things to customize with. Oh! And one other thing - cutie marks. Will there be an option to upload your own cutie mark image file? I'd love to use my own CMs I've made if possible.

I also think it'd be cool to color both eyes differently.

Buuuut, we will not be able to upload our own cutie mark. They don't trust us not to upload something bad, and they don't really want to use the many resources it would take to moderate all the uploaded cutie marks.

Well, I just hope that they add more CM options. Preferably a mouse cursor (my ponysona's CM).
I think they said they're not doing "modern" items as cms.

Wait. If "modern" crap isn't allowed, why is there so many "modern" CMs in the pre-alpha? Swords and stuff. :/

Charles Pranson

Quote from: softfang on 2012 Sep 29, 07:25:11
Wait. If "modern" crap isn't allowed, why is there so many "modern" CMs in the pre-alpha? Swords and stuff. :/

I do hope you're trolling. Swords fit in perfectly with the time period that FiM is set in, medieval/renaissance. Although I'm not really sure which it really falls under... swords are thousands of years older than Christ. "Modern."

softfang

Quote from: Charles Pranson on 2012 Sep 29, 07:36:06

I do hope you're trolling. Swords fit in perfectly with the time period that FiM is set in, medieval/renaissance. Although I'm not really sure which it really falls under... swords are thousands of years older than Christ. "Modern."

I'm not a troll. :/

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Charles Pranson on 2012 Sep 29, 07:36:06

They have cannons, trains, refrigerators, toasters, ovens, and arcade games. Though, Faust says that appliances like fridges, ovens, toasters, and anything else that's electronic in this world is enchanted/powered by magic in Equestria.

But I agree, swords aren't modern. Even Native Americans had their own version of a sword. Granted, it was a piece of wood with several sharpened pieces of obsidian on it, and it was more of a saw.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

SweBow

Itty Bit

Quote from: SweBow on 2012 Sep 29, 15:14:12
Quote from: TheDashie on 2012 Sep 29, 14:46:56
When's the next update?  lol

After CGs. But then it won't be public.

So back to those surprise livestream updates?  :D

SweBow

Flowering Rose

How do you download the game? Or is it not even ready.
My name is Rose. Like the flower!

Night Pony

Keep in mind it's not ready and this is only a stress test which will end on Monday.

I want to thank all of the artist that have drawn my OCs.
Night Shine and Moon Violet

The Wandering Magus

Descriptions and art of my OCs here: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=2636

Joel Dash Reed

Uhm, is there any quest or only we can explore the world?

The Wandering Magus

If you want to help translate books in the Ponyville Library, you can stop on by on the Cheerilee server x3

SOWTOJ

Quote from: Joel Dash Reed on 2012 Sep 30, 00:22:33
Uhm, is there any quest or only we can explore the world?

It's just exploration. And head spinning. Lots and lots of head spinning.

Shorjok

Looks awesome, though I once got stuck in a staircase in Canterlot Market and couldn't get out. I ended up having to delete my character and start all over. I think there should be a /respawn command, or some way of respawning in ponyville or something. DD:

Princess_Luna

Rub some bacon on it.

Night Glider

<no! bad pony!>

It ends tomorrow and I can't seem to get the Mediafire dL (Not the link) to run it >A<

Pet's name: Goldenpaw
Adopt virtual pets at Chicken Smoothie!
Let's watch her grow :D

Go Up