Gracie Sky

Started by Gracie Sky, 2012 Aug 02, 23:06:55

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Gracie Sky

Name: Gracie Sky
Race: Pegasus
Cutie Mark: None

Unknowns: It is unknown where Gracie Sky was born. Her earliest memory places her in Canterlot. Gracie Sky was brought to the Dawn's Light 9 years ago by Princess Celestia under classified circumstances. The identity and whereabouts of her parents are also unknown, despite the efforts of the orphanage.

Rumors: Gracie Sky has been the center of some controversy due to her mysterious origins. It has been stated that Gracie Sky came flying from space as a divine messenger and possesses untapped powers. Custody of Gracie Sky has been occasionally fought over by the Mayor of Ponyville as well as the Commander of Cloudsdale. Princess Celestia has attempted to dismiss these absurd claims, as well as making sure Gracie Sky was kept in the Dawn's Light. There has been no proof supporting this rumor.

History: Gracie Sky has been raised for her entire life in memory at the Dawn's Hope, which is one of Princess Celestia's privately funded orphanages in Canterlot. Her life there has been notably stable and sheltered. Being somewhat more timid than most of the fillies there, she was often the victim of teasing, although she doesn't seem to be aware that she's being teased.

Traits: Gracie Sky is still under the process of being educated and evaluated on her capabilities as a Pegasus. Her flying skills seem to be average, compared to her peers. She's extremely bright and imaginative, although it's difficult to get her to focus on her studies. In fact, half of the time, nopony knows where she is due to her perpetual curiosity. This habit is best described as her desire to follow and study the first thing to catch her attention, until her attention is drawn by something she finds even more interesting. Sometimes this puts her in somewhat dangerous and troublesome situations, as attested by her caretakers. At other times, it causes a chain reaction of events that miraculously end up being very positive. The only predictable thing about the results of her curiosity are their unpredictability.

Personality: Gracie Sky can be described as introverted. She tends to keep to herself when given the freedom to, although she can be friendly when spoken to. Her demeanor in general can be described as cheery and naive, rarely, if ever, showing anger. She's typically very reserved and polite in conversation, until her curiosity is sparked by whoever she's talking to. If she finds something about the other pony fascinating, she will expressively bring it up, regardless of potentially being rude. When confronted with conflict, she normally backs down or becomes apologetic if she thinks she is causing trouble.
Character Critique Thread

Have your OC fairly and honestly evaluated!

Firefly

aaaaw she's so cute  :3

I just wanna hug her  <3
[move=6][/move]Thanks Skardan (signature) and Fudgemuffin (avatar) :D
If I owe you any work you can always visit my gallery: http://icepool27.deviantart.com/gallery/

Lusterless Nova

A interesting character. Reminds me of my cat (the part with the curiosity). Will we see you in the rp section?

Firefly

Quote from: Lusterless Nova on 2012 Aug 03, 21:17:14
A interesting character. Reminds me of my cat (the part with the curiosity). Will we see you in the rp section?

I want your cat as my pet  ovO
If I owe you any work you can always visit my gallery: http://icepool27.deviantart.com/gallery/

Lusterless Nova

Quote from: Firefly on 2012 Aug 03, 21:20:28

Don't even think about it. He's MINE! [Evil laugh and thunder in the background].
(by the way. Are you using the adjusted cutie mark i send you? You never said if you got it)

By the way. IF you would rp, would you uncover the secrets about her?

Firefly

Quote from: Lusterless Nova on 2012 Aug 03, 21:22:52
Quote from: Firefly on 2012 Aug 03, 21:20:28

Don't even think about it. He's MINE! [Evil laugh and thunder in the background].
(by the way. Are you using the adjusted cutie mark i send you? You never said if you got it)

By the way. IF you would rp, would you uncover the secrets about her?

Oh sry  >.< yeah, I got it, but because of the recent thunderstorms at my place the Internet connection has always been really slow and I can't exactly view it yet  :c I'm sry for not replying earlier  >A< I'll make sure I look at it again when I get back from my trip  ;)

Gracie Sky

Mmm, yes, Gracie Sky was designed to be developed through a progressive story line. Now the issue I have is how well I could convey her story through an RP. Now I don't doubt my RPing skills, but I worry more about the RP itself. Gracie's story line is somewhat complex in the sense that it will take time to properly layout. I wouldn't want to confuse other ponies by rushing a story while other stories of other ponies are being written at the same time.

I've always been hesitant with joining RPs. I guess I've never found one I liked that was appropriate to put Gracie Sky in. If I had to say... the best RP for her to join would either be a casual or adventure RP. Even then, I have to take a look at it to see if I could make it work. I guess I'm a little overprotective of little Gracie  :c

Lusterless Nova

Gracie Sky

Lusterless Nova

As you may know (or don't know) My OC's Nova Edge and Lloyd have mysterious past's the trick to let others know about them is:
Phase 1: Look for a casual rp first.
I recommend Life in ponyville. At first just rp as a "normal" pony. Give them a taste of how your OC is.

Phase 2: Make RP Friends.
As you may guess it's just weird to tell your story to others if they don't know your character. If your OC makes friends you can slowly let them know about you.

Phase 3: ??? (I don't know how to call it.)
After you made some friends and told them small pieces of your story they will get curious. THIS is what i always wait for.
You can ether tell them about you or start a rp about the story of your OC.

(phase 4: Profit!)

This worked for me. Depending on your OC's personality you will make friends. What happens after that comes on itself. Just try it.

Fudgemuffin

I love your OC. It looks like you put a lot of thought, time and effort into Gracie. :)

Gracie Sky

From my limited experiences in RPing, the best RPs I've had have been somewhat spontaneous. Normally the problem for me isn't introducing my characters more than it is the commitment to fully develop her story. The biggest fear I have are RPs going on without me, forcing me to reintroduce her and explain why she just vanished from interest.  >.<

Go Up