Writing Auditions: Congratulations to our new writers!

Started by Brick Stonewood, 2012 Jul 20, 16:41:44

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Biscuit Bun

this is very exciting. but the wait for a response is gonna hurt :c
(===((I)( :::::::::::::> A Wild Honedge appeared!
(/°0°)/ ~o  (===((I)( :::::::::::::>
((o)).....~o~.....((o)).....*o* CLICK

FimFan14

Quote from: Bloomberg on 2012 Jul 22, 14:10:28

Well, that's a bit hard to say. If a team member doesn't have much time to put in, I can be fairly accommodating, but I do require my team members to work in order to keep their positions, and I have let people go in the past for not doing their share of the work. I can't give you an exact figure that I would hold anyone to, as certain pieces of writing take much longer to finish than others, and quality always comes first.

Thanks for the information. If I am in a position where someone is actually depending on me, then I can make a lot of time to write. Also, would a time zone difference create too many problems for you? I live in Perth, Western Australia, and our time is inverted from American Eastern coast time(8 am here is 8 pm in New York, D.C, Miami etc.). I would probably be sending stories at about 5am east american time, but I am also a day ahead anyway.

Giggle Tail

Just sent my application in.  Good luck everypony!
Will write lighthearted, random comedy stories for fun.

Giggle's OCs

Firefly

bronies and pegasisters, shall we cross our fingers and await the day the lists unveil themselves

DD: DD:

until then, I wish you luck everypony  :l *solemn*
[move=6][/move]Thanks Skardan (signature) and Fudgemuffin (avatar) :D
If I owe you any work you can always visit my gallery: http://icepool27.deviantart.com/gallery/

Sneaks

Did you get my email from [email protected] or my gmail from [email protected]?

I want to make sure because if you haven't then I need to email/gmail it again.

Also good luck everypony!  :D

Rainbrodash

Well, that's a bit hard to say. If a team member doesn't have much time to put in, I can be fairly accommodating, but I do require my team members to work in order to keep their positions, and I have let people go in the past for not doing their share of the work. I can't give you an exact figure that I would hold anyone to, as certain pieces of writing take much longer to finish than others, and quality always comes first.

Time is luckily one of the things I have the most of! I am out of school now and am currently enrolled in an online collage course for a degree in English and English teaching. And my job as the manager of the local video game store is so easy all I ever do is script my games or type out my essays. So obviously there will be no problems there for me.

GalvinRoe

I shall put in an application, I don't expect to get a position. Not because of my writing, oh no! But because the auditions have come at a turning point in my life. I am horridly busy, at the moment, things will die down later . . . but I cannot say when.

I'd love to help out the LoE team . . . I've got a debt to repay, this pony community has given me some inspiration and some of the people here have helped deepen my character . . . but it isn't #1 on my list at the moment.

So, I will give you my piece and let you debate: "Do we need this guy or can we get along without him?"

Either way, I wish you ALL the best of skill and luck. I wish I could devote more effort but I just don't have any more room at the moment, for another full project.

Rottae

hehe I think i started out a lil late to start writing my Story for this ^^ Well well, will see if i manage to do it in time :3 I hope best of luck to everyone and think it is incredible that so many ponies are interested in this ;)

Hadessonjames

Hello, I'm new here, um I sent an email to the address stated with my story and stuff. Is there anything else I should do or know?

Firefly

Quote from: Hadessonjames on 2012 Jul 26, 08:34:40
Hello, I'm new here, um I sent an email to the address stated with my story and stuff. Is there anything else I should do or know?

not that I know of  :P
[move=6][/move]Thanks Skardan (signature) and Fudgemuffin (avatar) :D
If I owe you any work you can always visit my gallery: http://icepool27.deviantart.com/gallery/

FimFan14

What time on saturday will you stop accepting stories?

TenTonticTac

Sent mine in. Now I wait and hope...
Weapon of choice:

Blues-Music

I'm trying to get ready for if I get accepted.I made 7 NPC's , and 4 quests.2 of them are chained , and the other two are on their own.

Rainbrodash

Quote from: Blues-Music on 2012 Jul 26, 10:33:23
I'm trying to get ready for if I get accepted.I made 7 NPC's , and 4 quests.2 of them are chained , and the other two are on their own.

I like you Blues-Music, you've got spunk. You don't want to fathom the possibility that you may not be accepted. I like that, whether you are accepted or not, I may have some room for you in Ironforge Entertainment if you are interested. Anyway, good luck my fellow ponies only two days until we know.  ^-^

Nala Valor

I would enter but the only complete and corrected story I did was in French and if I put it in English, it's going to be bad. And my other story ((solitude of a blank flank)) isn't corrected or complete yet. I'll just let the others get the spot

Blues-Music

Quote from: Nala Valor on 2012 Jul 26, 14:50:56
I would enter but the only complete and corrected story I did was in French and if I put it in English, it's going to be bad. And my other story ((solitude of a blank flank)) isn't corrected or complete yet. I'll just let the others get the spot
You can just make a new one.I did that , and I already have plenty of others.

Derpyh00vesLOL

Twilight Sparkles was dumped on the street as a child by her parents, because they didn't have enough money for everyone to be fed, this is the story of how she got back on her hooves and had a good life. Twilight: mom why can't I still be in the house living with you? I'm only ten years old! Twilight's mom: Twilight honey, we don't have enough money to feed everyone so we have to hope you survive on the streets of Ponyville, i'm so sorry my dear. Narrator: And so Twilight Sparkles had to wander Ponyville, begging for money and food. One day,a mysterious pony talked to Twilight. Twilight: can you please give me some money or food kind pony? Mysterious pony: follow me and I'll give you food and a place to stay. Twilight: okay then but what's your name? Mysterious pony: My name's Applejack what's yours? Twilight: my name's Twilight Sparkles, nice to meet you Applejack. Narrator: and so the new friends traveled to Apple Farm where Applejack gave Twilight some apples and let her stay in the barn for a few days. Applejack: I just notices you're a unicorn Twilight, ever think of going to Magic School? Twilight: No I never had the money Applejack. Applejack: I have some spare money I can get you to go there for a few years, Princess Celestia herself might even let you be her apprentice if you're good enough. Narrator: a few days later, Twilight was accepted into the magic school where she learned how to use her unicorn powers to help other ponies,then this happened. Twilight: is that Princess Celestia? Celestia: why yes I am and you can be my apprentice because you're the top of your class in magic, quite frankly I'm astounded by your skills Twilight Sparkles. Twilight: this is amazing I get to be Princess Celestia's apprentice just like Applejack thought I might! Narrator: and so Twilight got money and a job and eventually had a good life as Princess Celestia's apprentice.

Giggle Tail

Uhh...you're supposed to email your story to him.  Not post it here.
Will write lighthearted, random comedy stories for fun.

Giggle's OCs

Nala Valor

Quote from: Blues-Music on 2012 Jul 26, 19:22:06
Quote from: Nala Valor on 2012 Jul 26, 14:50:56
You can just make a new one.I did that , and I already have plenty of others.
I could, but I am really not a pro at grammar and I have a weak vocabulary

ThreeZeus

Submitted! How many people will become finalists, out of curiosity? Or does that just depend on the number of entries you deem worthy for that honor?

Oh, and I'm curious to see what kind of entries other people are putting in. Would people be willing to post their entry material or is that a dumb request?  :/
...said ThreeZeus.

Go Up