The Silverdale Saga (Sign-up and OOC)

Started by Morning Glory, 2012 Jun 16, 06:16:38

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Star Striker

Quote from: Morning Glory
I'm sorry for your loss, Star Striker. My condolences.

And I've been busy switching over to a new computer, since my laptop got a nasty virus. Now, I have a new, shiny, custom-built monster of a PC. I'm very happy with it, but I need to get myself organized. My notes on the RP have yet to be recovered from my laptop (I think they can be). If I have to recreate them that's ok.

Thankyou, and glad to hear you've a better computer oAo One day I'll graduate from the basics and build my own ahahaha.

Excited to see what goes on next in the RP, or at least get to the bottom of the weather ahahah

Link

Gah.

Having to go to bed during an amazing RP is a terrible thing... >.<
[CENTER][/CENTER]

Morning Glory

Hey Chaut (and everypony else), just to clarify, Coppershine is outside the Inn right now. She can't hear you.

Quote from: Morning Glory on 2012 Jul 31, 15:10:16

"We'd best close the shutters. We'll have broken windows if this keeps up." She moved back to her seat and looked through her bags. She had no warm clothing with her (it was summer after all), but she did have her rain slicker. She pulled it on, at least hoping to keep the snow off her fur, and then headed out the door.

Through the window she could be seen unhooking the shutters and struggling against the gale to push them over the windows. Her mane whipped in her face and the cold made her shiver instantly.  She would be unable to finish the job without help.

acidrica

Hello! I was wondering if you would consider having another player? I've been looking around the roleplay forum and this rp sounds like one I'd really enjoy, but I read back and saw that you're pretty much full or discussing adding another player already. I didn't want to make a character and fill out the application only to hear that you're not open to new players at all, and if I did make a character, I'd want to tailor her to the game and setting.

In any case, I'm more than willing to wait until you have a spot open, if something happens and someone else can't be in the game anymore, if you'd be willing to accept a replacement player. Alternatively, I wouldn't have any problems making a character and waiting until there's an opportune moment in the rp to introduce her.

I'm not asking for a guarantee of getting in though, I just wanted to see if there's any chance whatsoever of you ever accepting someone else before I type up an application for consideration. ^^;

Whatever your answer, thanks for reading!

Morning Glory

Thank you very much for your interest. We are still working on bringing in a new character, but since we lost Galvin (and he had 3 PCs), I may be able to make room for you considering your willingness to tailor a character to the setting. That would make everything easier. I want there to be enough characters for lots of interaction, but I don't want to be overwhelmed or have people getting lost in the crowd.

It's clear from your message that you can write clearly and well. I'm always interested in new writers who want to stretch their skills and give the more long-form RP a try. If you would submit an application with a character, I would certainly consider it. I appreciate your initiative and politeness while requesting to join. I always need players with a good attitude.

I actually can make space for a unicorn character now that Galvin's two have been removed. That leaves only Feather, and we could stand to have another if you wanted to play one. As always, I am partial to earth ponies and they suit the setting better, but if the character you write is exemplary, I'll be open to it either way. PM me if you have any questions or would like any guidance while creating a character- I'd be happy to help.

The Wandering Magus

i like how Feather is able to be both Unicorn and townspony at the same time :P
(sorry Bakasan, chose this image)
Descriptions and art of my OCs here: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=2636
my art: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=298
visiting soldier sister, be back 8/12/2013

Morning Glory

Me too. I think it only works because he's married to an earth pony. Plus he's quiet and unassuming. Silverdalians aren't head-hunters when it comes to unicorns and pegasi, they're just weary and distrustful. The longer an outsider's been around, the more friendly and open they become. Tinkertoy is the only other unicorn that exists as a permanent resident, and I wrote him as older to suggest that he had been in town for a long time.

I feel they would be more tolerant of pegasi. One, because they need them to manage the weather, and two, a pegasi's abilities are readily observable, and generally nonthreatening. The capabilities of a unicorn are hard to judge on appearance, and the wide variety of spells open to a unicorn are intimidating. Plus there's the mine incident involving unicorns that keeps at least the older residents living in a state of resentment and fear.

The Wandering Magus

always helps to have characters that were BUILT specifically to be "normal" (as opposed to all the power-based ones I keep seeing for some reason...)
Descriptions and art of my OCs here: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=2636

MasterMustang

New to RP so I hope I fit in.

Note: He may seem OP but he is still mortal.  If he is OP I am open to suggestions to normalize him.

Name: Brew "Mustang" Highkick, Master; aka "Master Mustang"
Race: Earth Pony
Appearance: Light tan with long jet black hair.

Special talent: Martial Arts
Cutiemark: Ancient Coltrea characters spelling out "Tae Kwon Do"
Additional skills: Tea making/brewing
Occupation: Martial Arts instructor/houser of orphan ponies/occasional body guard if for a good cause
Strengths: Strong, agile, disaplined (mostly), strong "chi", perceptive, humble, non-violent, kind, friendly, trusting, protective, humorous, and empathetic.
Weaknesses: Non-violent (can be dangerous to him), disrespect of his family 'especially his deceased father' causes him great emotional pain which causes him to lose control (still a sore wound), and dark magic.
Inventory-

Tools: Moblie tea making/brewing kit, small bags of various teas.
Accessories: A white worn TKD uniform, and his 4th degree black belt; Black and white kimono, scarf, and straw hat during rain of cold season.
Personal effects: Picture of his father and one of him and his old master, colapsable staff.

Additional notes: Traveling and stumbled upon Silverdale.  Seeking new tea's for his mother and to share with his students.

Include a link to your OC's character page here:
http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=3938.0

Morning Glory

I don't mind earth ponies that pack a little punch. They should, after all, since they are the strongest and most hearty of the pony breeds (at least in my book). It's the god-like superpowered alicorns and the like that I have my greatest beef with.

I flipped over to your OC's page and I really liked your character's history. It's not overly dramatic, and it tells a interesting, charming story that is very believable, even if, as it seems, martial arts are not commonly practiced in Equestria. We know Applebloom mentions a love of kung fu, so it does seem like taekwondo and other martial arts are something that would fit into the universe as well.

For someone who's new to RP, you write well, and you have created a solid character- he's a real person, with flaws, a believable past and a unique personality. So long as he isn't One-Hit KOing every enemy the group runs into, he seems like he would be a great addition. I am already considering two potential players , but I have several new slots open with Galvin leaving, so I think I can find a third slot for a great earth pony OC to join. Please feel free to PM myself or Chautauquan if you have any questions or if you would like any guidance or help.

Please read the rules carefully (they're the first post of this thread) and go over what has already happened in the Rp thread if you haven't already. Then, you can post your pony arriving at the Trot On Inn (Keep in mind there is a very unseasonal blizzard occurring). This is the staging area for the real meat of the adventure, which will begin shortly. Lucky you applied when you did, since once the group leaves Silverdale, I will be not be accepting any more ponies.

MasterMustang

Quote from: Morning Glory on 2012 Aug 05, 06:22:03
I don't mind earth ponies that pack a little punch. They should, after all, since they are the strongest and most hearty of the pony breeds (at least in my book). It's the god-like superpowered alicorns and the like that I have my greatest beef with.

I flipped over to your OC's page and I really liked your character's history. It's not overly dramatic, and it tells a interesting, charming story that is very believable, even if, as it seems, martial arts are not commonly practiced in Equestria. We know Applebloom mentions a love of kung fu, so it does seem like taekwondo and other martial arts are something that would fit into the universe as well.

For someone who's new to RP, you write well, and you have created a solid character- he's a real person, with flaws, a believable past and a unique personality. So long as he isn't One-Hit KOing every enemy the group runs into, he seems like he would be a great addition. I am already considering two potential players , but I have several new slots open with Galvin leaving, so I think I can find a third slot for a great earth pony OC to join. Please feel free to PM myself or Chautauquan if you have any questions or if you would like any guidance or help.

Please read the rules carefully (they're the first post of this thread) and go over what has already happened in the Rp thread if you haven't already. Then, you can post your pony arriving at the Trot On Inn (Keep in mind there is a very unseasonal blizzard occurring). This is the staging area for the real meat of the adventure, which will begin shortly. Lucky you applied when you did, since once the group leaves Silverdale, I will be not be accepting any more ponies.

Thanks and the only one hit KO's ill do will be on bandits or obnoxious/arrogant NPC's for comedic purposes and action, if thats ok.  Oh and I don't know how active I will be as I work every day but I do have time in the morning and at night.  If I seem inactive just let me know.  Thanks again, I will do my best.

Link

Welcome aboard! I like your OC, very unique.  ^-^
[CENTER][/CENTER]

The Wandering Magus

Feather's not gonna be going outside, being frail and all, and Juniper's not leaving Feather alone, so I guess... they COULD just sit there or chat with somepony else.

Morning Glory

I think all the ponies may find themselves forced outside....maybe....somehow...but what do I know? 0:)

Do not worry though, I will make sure everypony is equipped to be out of doors in this weather. It's not my mission to freeze all my player's ponies to death.

The Wandering Magus

should've taken a couple levels in constitution and toughness lol  Feather's so frail.  But I guess that's what makes him unassuming and harmless around Earth Ponies in this town.

Morning Glory

Plus he has the wisdom and intelligence to make up for it. Bit of a glass cannon, but that magic will come in handy, even if the Silverdalians turn their noses up at it- it may save their lives.

The Wandering Magus

Link

Dear Celestia...You know how to make a pony with an ego, Morning Glory. This guy is dripping in himself... lol

By the way, I hope I'm doing alright in this RP, I'm really not used to anything like it, but I'm personally enjoying it quite a lot.  ^-^
[CENTER][/CENTER]

Morning Glory

So long as you are putting in effort, trying your best, I will be pleased with what you produce. Oh, and you follow the rules, but you guys know that. Have fun, play with your character. Enjoy yourself- I don't want this to feel like work, or like a competition. I'm not going to judge you on your writing skills (although they need to be at least strong enough to form clear sentences- and I will praise any piece of writing that is particularly well-executed), but rather on your creativity and sense of character, setting and action in a story.

And I've been waiting for a chance to whip out Goldenglow. I was going to wait until everypony was in the Inn, but we need to get moving.

Go Up