Dumb things that annoy you

Started by Zaner-Boy, 2012 Jun 01, 14:30:22

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Jenzy

Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2013 Apr 28, 17:39:45
Hot Topic?

Oh yeah, that store that I will never buy any clothes from. Why should I have to pay 40+ dollars for a frickin shirt that will last me two years at best?

I got some shirts when they were Half-off and such... :nod:

And the fantastic Doctor Whooves and Fluttershy figures.

Stuff at a certain store that is actually in another (farther) location for a lower price.

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Midnight Breeze on 2013 Apr 28, 17:39:45
Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2013 Apr 27, 23:24:51
Once again, people who think Hot Topic is supposed to be only about music.

Come on. Even before they sold so much pop culture stuff, back when they did mainly sell music-related stuff, they were also selling gothic/punk clothing like Tripp pants, piercings, gothic-ish underwear and corsets, and Invader Zim. Wait a minute, let me repeat that last one: Invader Zim.
Some of their most enduring merchandise has been of Gir.

So, I have to ask...
What do Tripp pants have to do with music?
What does Invader Zim have to do with music?
What do piercings have to do with music?

The misconception that they're only supposed to be about music partially comes from the fact that the vast majority of their shirts are of popular bands. Years ago, the vast majority of their merchandise in total was music-related. However, not all of it was music-related.

People need to stop complaining about them selling Adventure Time, MLP, etc. That stuff is popular right now. MLP and bronies are a hot topic. That's what it boils down to. The store's name is Hot Topic. They're going to sell whatever is a hot topic.

Hot Topic?

Oh yeah, that store that I will never buy any clothes from. Why should I have to pay 40+ dollars for a frickin shirt that will last me two years at best?

I wish Tripp pants weren't so expensive. :c I love them, but at the cheapest, they're $50. If I want a pair that I can zip the bottom half of the legs off of to turn them into shorts, I'll have to shell out $60.

I dunno about $40 for a shirt, though. o_O I'm actually even looking at their shirt selection online right now, and they're pretty much about $20.50.

"(Ticktock, time is running out) What are you doing now?
I don't know where you are, don't even know your name.
They think I'm crazy, my heartbeat goes up..."

Itty Bit

I really wish I can value all the good I have more.

The Wandering Magus

having to do a pre-lab...
(sorry Bakasan, chose this image)
Descriptions and art of my OCs here: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=2636
my art: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=298
visiting soldier sister, be back 8/12/2013

Angels Breath2

People trying to control my mans life they need to leave him alone just saying o.O(( ;)))

Pipkin

I just finished shutting down my teamspeak server and now I might need to start it back up for my clan...oh how the tables turn :)

Dark Hooves

hi Pipkin

having to do house hold chores as a JOB!

it's nonsense
<br /><br />everypony is capable of great good or great evil but everypony should be treated like their worth giving a chance<br /><br />My OCs. http://forum.legendsofequestria.com/index.php?topic=6860.0

The Wandering Magus

Descriptions and art of my OCs here: http://legendsofequestria.com/forum/index.php?topic=2636

PPBG

Hypocrisy.
It's everywhere! Including in me! And probably you! Whoever you are! *goes off into ranting lunatic mode*
My time here has measured much change, and I fear one of those changes might soon be my departure.

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Dark Hooves on 2013 Apr 29, 19:09:45
hi Pipkin

it's nonsense

Wait, do you get paid to do the chores? o_O I'd be more inclined to do my chores if I got paid to do 'em. That'd be pretty sweet.

Pipkin

Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2013 Apr 29, 21:59:48
hi Pipkin

it's nonsense

Wait, do you get paid to do the chores? o_O I'd be more inclined to do my chores if I got paid to do 'em. That'd be pretty sweet.

There are people out there(PSWs) who do that for a living, but I see where you're going with this :)

Another night of no gaming, averaging 700ms on a 50ms server  :o.  Oh well, guess i'll get back to playing Pony Fantasy now that i've finally beaten that giant fireball.....

heh, HLSW's ping went so high one of my ts3 servers banned it's query ip....

Billow Pillow

One way to really bother me is to basically look a gift horse in the mouth.  I hate when people complain about something that is basically being given to them for free.  :nod:
Senpai Notice me

LOE Craft: Here
My OC: Here
Dragon Cave Click Meow.

Midnight Breeze

Can you guess which Banquet frozen meal consists of processed chicken, beef, pork, bread crumbs, and leavening? Salisbury steak, Swedish meatballs, or meatloaf?

Spoiler: show
Trick question. They are actually all the exact same meat in different sauces.

Chishio Kunrin

Quote from: Pipkin on 2013 Apr 29, 22:16:13
Quote from: Chishio Kunrin on 2013 Apr 29, 21:59:48
hi Pipkin

it's nonsense

There are people out there(PSWs) who do that for a living, but I see where you're going with this :)

Oh, someone else's household chores. I get it now.

Quote from: Lyra Heartstrings on 2013 Apr 29, 22:46:04
One way to really bother me is to basically look a gift horse in the mouth.  I hate when people complain about something that is basically being given to them for free.  :nod:

It kind of bothered me a bit that someone asked Sips to make his videos longer and post them more frequently. :\

Here are the facts:
- Sips is doing four Let's Play series right now.
- He posts two videos a day, one of one series and one of another, alternating between pairs of series. So, one day, he posts an episode of Don't Starve and an episode of Skyrim. The next day, it's Sim City and Orcs Must Die 2 or something else.
- Most often, he makes his videos 30 minutes long. So, he usually posts an hour's worth of video each day.

Other Let's Play Youtubers:
- Often post only one video a day, regardless of how many series they have going at the same time.
- Their videos are often 20 minutes long at the most. Usually 15-20 minutes.

Sips does not need to make his videos any longer than he has been. He is actually giving his fans more than most other Let's Players give their fans. Honestly, what he's doing is fine, and he doesn't need to give us any more than he already is.
I'm glad that, at least, it was only one person. It would be annoying if a lot of people took him for granted and asked for more.

Angels Breath2

Having my name called every 10 minutes from my mom and did you do this did you do that its annoying >:O

Book Smarts

I have to get help for a stats project

Ryo_D_Disk

Having to break a promice because your not upto the task you said you could  X3 I hate going back on my word

Angels Breath2

It's annoying trying to find work in a hick town where there's nothing I hate it >:O

The Wandering Magus

not being able to do as I wish *half the thread*

Angels Breath2

It annoys me when I work my butt off at something and I feel like it isn't going anywhere and a certain pony knows what I'm talking about I guess it will eventually pay off :l

Go Up